Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Guess ur right Juntha. I am hoping yours comes very soon. At least it would denote Philly BEC is making progress. Looking at Dallas progress in the last few weeks, we're really hoping to see movement in Philly as well

HI Gurus,
Any idea on what basis Philly is sending 45day letters, my labor was filed in '03 but still havent received 45day letter. Thanks for your reply.

h1h4 said:
HI Gurus,
Any idea on what basis Philly is sending 45day letters, my labor was filed in '03 but still havent received 45day letter. Thanks for your reply.

NO order. All we know (and was verified) is that 50 percents of all cases received those letters.
(for sources, check on earlier posts and look also in the Dallas forum)

h1h4 said:
HI Gurus,

it's called Random Letter Generation

Not much encouaging for RIR -- In detail

Dont get Panic with this but, just keep it on mind that people who applied via TR can expect their approvals prior to RIR applicants. This is not just because they arent working on RIR but, they started working on them just two months ago.

It took a while for each adjucator to understand the whole process of RIR. That was the reason for this delay. At this time there are only 20 people handling RIR cases from 2001 and 2002 each are having at least 800 to 1000 cases in line. So this make you think of the time frame right... Yeah it might take a while for them to get adjusted to the process guidelines again guys

DONT GET PANIC and SHOOT ME with BUNCH OF questions.. please have patience after we all waiting for so long.. Believe me they are working but having policy is that all which matters at this time... People from 2003 RIR please you can start to post and view this thread safely at the year end. This is the very updated Info and Very very credible.

DISCLAIMER: The aforementioned statements are assessments and cannot be challenged at any Jurisdiction of law.

aprlc2002 said:
It took a while for each adjucator to understand the whole process of RIR. That was the reason for this delay. At this time there are only 20 people handling RIR cases from 2001 and 2002 each are having at least 800 to 1000 cases in line. So this make you think of the time frame right... Yeah it might take a while for them to get adjusted to the process guidelines again guys

Thank you for your feedback, just one question for you:
How come Dallas have been already processing RIR cases with PD of 2001 and 2002? is Phily behind?

Case detail: CA RIR EB3
PD June 2002
RD May 2003
45 D received on March, from Phily

aprlc2002 said:
Dont get Panic with this but, just keep it on mind that people who applied via TR can expect their approvals prior to RIR applicants. This is not just because they arent working on RIR but, they started working on them just two months ago.

This should not change the fact that RIR is supposed to be a fast track for the LC. So even if these 20 guys have more applications they should go through them a lot faster than they would if those applications were TR.

Is my logic wrong here ?

aprlc2002,

Thank you for your post. You are the "One" in Phily Thread.
Could you elaborate a little bit more about "each are having at least 800 to 1000 in line", is that the number in the RIR queue for 2001 and 2002 which received response of 45 days letter?

just need patience

How long do you think they will get familiar ? Another 1 month or 2 ?

aprlc2002 said:

DONT GET PANIC and SHOOT ME with BUNCH OF questions.. please have patience after we all waiting for so long.. Believe me they are working but having policy is that all which matters at this time... People from 2003 RIR please you can start to post and view this thread safely at the year end. This is the very updated Info and Very very credible.

DISCLAIMER: The aforementioned statements are assessments and cannot be challenged at any Jurisdiction of law.

hmmmm....

laengineer said:
You are the "One" in Phily Thread.

Jeez... 'God' Icarus, now Aprl 'The One'. :( Relax people ! This is just a LC not the end of the world !

Anyway... Aprlc2002, i usually agree with yu. This time around i have to disagree. The last post is just not logical for me... This goes against everything we talked about for weeks now !

Clarification

juntha said:
Jeez... 'God' Icarus, now Aprl 'The One'. :( Relax people ! This is just a LC not the end of the world !

Anyway... Aprlc2002, i usually agree with yu. This time around i have to disagree. The last post is just not logical for me... This goes against everything we talked about for weeks now !

It is not at all contradiction... Infact it is the detailed procedure.. So if you see Approvals for TR cases you might be yelling at DOL saying what they are doing.

For your info I never said you will not get approvals infact there are alot of TR cases as well as RIR. So the cases that are already approved for 2001 as I stated before are mostly the approvals of TR and not many RIRs

This is news of Sigh even for me because I m in APR 2002 RIR too.. since the policy states under any circumstances except 1/50000 or so there is no expedite policy and I do not fall in that 1/50000 category and so (sigh) I have to wait. :(

Finally it is not our thought/Will to agree or disagree but, it is the policy which is holding us where we are so though you/we disagree it does not make any difference since that is how it is..Please dont take me wrong. :)

Finally it is not our thought/Will to agree or disagree but, it is the policy which is holding us where we are so though you/we disagree it does not make any difference since that is how it is..Please dont take me wrong. :)[/QUOTE]

Hi April2002,

Is there any way to now how many RIR applications are there in years 2001 and 2002. My PD 2002 OCT. Do you think i can expect something in this year. Shall i stick to this or re-apply for PERM. aprreciate if you can respond to me.

juntha said:

I am not kidding but you have to have too much confidence on DOL believing what we predicted.

ETA showed many proofs that you just can't predict when it comes to LC adjudcation. This will remain like till we all unit, rise and raise awareness amond all lawyers, politicians. THese are the letters that ILW published

Immigration Daily believes that the undocumented should be given
a path to legalization because the undocumented provide enormous
economic benefit to the nation (6/03/05 ID comment). This may be
the case, but to those who are going through the legal channels
and patiently waiting for up to 6-8 years, it feels like a slap
in the face. Maybe they should also grant de-facto approvals or
green cards to those those who have waiting upwards of 5 years.
This would (1) reduce backlogs so that immigration could then get
a decent approval process in place that they can deal with in a
timely manner (2) reduce costs in opening up additional centers
to reduce backlogs.

Hamen Patel

I agree with Mr. Patel's statement (6/06/05 ID) that the "guest
worker" program will represent a slap in the face for thousands
of mostly skilled, legal workers who have been waiting for years
in the backlogged lines of labor certification and adjustment of
status. I encourage all legal-to-be immigrants, and citizens in
general, to write to the Senators and Congressman for their
jurisdiction and let them know that legal-to-be immigrants do not
deserve to be punished by default. The labor certification
requirement should be waived for those eligible for adjustment of
status currently working legally in the US. The labor
certification process has long lost its value in terms of "market
testing." It is an unnatural recruiting process that allows to
hire an employee years after it actually took place. Complete
nonsense. The dependence of the worker on one employer does not
protect American workers because it artificially lowers wages by
hindering competitive offers. The nation as a whole will be
better off if these workers, who are already on the marketplace,
are allowed to become free agents of the economy. It will be
cheaper for taxpayers and more efficient for all.

Sebastian
Washington, DC

If Hamen patel and Sebastian can write letter to editor@ilw.com , then why can't we.

Guys, these won't be easy, particularly for people whose PD is in 2003, 2004. If new bill to legalize illegals is approved, we all should forget geting GC atleast for 5 years from now.

Just imagine, how many of your predictions went wrong till now ?

aprlc2002 said:
It is not at all contradiction... Infact it is the detailed procedure.. So if you see Approvals for TR cases you might be yelling at DOL saying what they are doing.

For your info I never said you will not get approvals infact there are alot of TR cases as well as RIR. So the cases that are already approved for 2001 as I stated before are mostly the approvals of TR and not many RIRs

This is news of Sigh even for me because I m in APR 2002 RIR too.. since the policy states under any circumstances except 1/50000 or so there is no expedite policy and I do not fall in that 1/50000 category and so (sigh) I have to wait. :(

Finally it is not our thought/Will to agree or disagree but, it is the policy which is holding us where we are so though you/we disagree it does not make any difference since that is how it is..Please dont take me wrong. :)

Dont take that the wrong way, but i never believe what i read on the internet. (And that includes this forum) without thinking about it before giving the news a certain degree of truth. In that precise case, there are reports all over the web that tell us that the 45 days letters are sent almost randomly. Then it is widely believed (even in a recent DOL report) that FIFO is not dead but is still a policy they plan to use at a certain time. Finally, there are posts even in this forum that tell us that the regional case are the one processed first. If the LC treated are regional that means that there is not much difference between RIR and non RIR at that level considering most of the 'advertising work' is done in both cases. Which lead me to think that unless yu were toalking about NON regional case, there is no need for those people to be trained longer for a regional RIR or a Regional non RIR. That s all i meant.

Approvals

I am seeing only these three approvals in other therads in Philedelphia BEC. Please add to this list if you have one.

1)
PD :10/2002 (Virginia)
Received letter from BEC in Jan
Labor Approval in 2nd week of March
It was an IT - EB2 RIR Case.

2)
PD: April 30, 2001 (Virginia)
Philly DOL 45 day letter : 25/01/2005
45 day Returned on: January 31, 2005

3)
PD April 24 2001 (Maryland)
Approval May 23 2005
NON-RIR case in Maryland.

4) PD, September 2001 got approved as per user mast1006 from his company.(RIR or TR not known)

Last edited by a moderator:
Your case status

juntha said:
Dont take that the wrong way, but i never believe what i read on the internet. (And that includes this forum) without thinking about it before giving the news a certain degree of truth. In that precise case, there are reports all over the web that tell us that the 45 days letters are sent almost randomly. Then it is widely believed (even in a recent DOL report) that FIFO is not dead but is still a policy they plan to use at a certain time. Finally, there are posts even in this forum that tell us that the regional case are the one processed first. If the LC treated are regional that means that there is not much difference between RIR and non RIR at that level considering most of the 'advertising work' is done in both cases. Which lead me to think that unless yu were toalking about NON regional case, there is no need for those people to be trained longer for a regional RIR or a Regional non RIR. That s all i meant.

Hi Juntha thanks for clarfication but these days web is the best source of info and it is all our understanding from there after to assess the credibility. Please do not deny the fact that you have to believe.....

With Your case status if what ever your mentioned as signature is right? You can ask your attorney/your HR manager to call the labor dept for status and indicate them that you are getting an auto response when u send an e-mail so request them for status you will be given and updated info about your case. I am sure it must have got approved

Thanks for your update. Any estimate when would they adjudicate your case or other cases with PD in April-Dec 2002 range? Thanks a lot for your efforts.

aprlc2002 said:

aprlc2002 said:
Hi Juntha thanks for clarfication but these days web is the best source of info and it is all our understanding from there after to assess the credibility. Please do not deny the fact that you have to believe.....

With Your case status if what ever your mentioned as signature is right? You can ask your attorney/your HR manager to call the labor dept for status and indicate them that you are getting an auto response when u send an e-mail so request them for status you will be given and updated info about your case. I am sure it must have got approved

OK i wish yu are right. but my case NEVER went to regional. It stayed unopened in State SWA in SC. I received a 45 days letter 3 weeks ago and noone called us to advertise the position.
I think there s a huge misunderstanding about what everyone is talking about. We need to specify when we are talking about case that went thru regional and the one that stayed at the State level. I still have to find ONE CASE (even in the Dallas Forum) of a LC stucked in state level that got approved by BEC. SO far the only one approved were the one that went to regional before being sent to BEC.

juntha said:
OK i wish yu are right. but my case NEVER went to regional. It stayed unopened in State SWA in SC. I received a 45 days letter 3 weeks ago and noone called us to advertise the position.
I think there s a huge misunderstanding about what everyone is talking about. We need to specify when we are talking about case that went thru regional and the one that stayed at the State level. I still have to find ONE CASE (even in the Dallas Forum) of a LC stucked in state level that got approved by BEC. SO far the only one approved were the one that went to regional before being sent to BEC.

If it had not made it to regional then Forget it I am sorry for the confusion I apologize for the false alarm