Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

orriginally posted by GC DJ

My attorney office received about 70 labor approvals from BEC for PD's in 2001, 2002 and 2003. I do not have breakdown on Dallas and Phylli. They say the approvals are random and not in order of PD.

7th year extension

I have just received some info from Philly regarding 7th year extension:

Quote:
"If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information."

Hope this info will help some of you seeking 7th year extension

MDwatch said:
I have just received some info from Philly regarding 7th year extension:

Quote:
"If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

Aliens seeking status must contact their employer or attorney to obtain information."

Hope this info will help some of you seeking 7th year extension

ok so what is the email for changing adress of attorney? is it the same one as of h1 7th yr extension?
the info in ur message r not very clear. can u explain?

VAGCwaiting said:
NMRA,

At least your lawyer provides some information. My lawyer told me nothing even I tried to ask them aggressively !!!!! Thought of changing lawyer but was advised not to due to all this mess........ :mad:

==============
Has anyone re-file LC under PERM? My lawyer told me that it's no problem to re-file under PERM. I can still keep my priority date and wait to see which applications get approved first. According to her, a lot of people re-file under PERM(if it's true). I don't know if I should trust her. She provided me wrong information before. Before I use her as my lawyer, she told me that after 365 days of waiting, I can apply for the EAD. I even confirmed with her twice. The only regret is I didn't get the prove. If I knew this forum earlier, I would be much wiser then.

Now my question is if I re-file, my original application will automatically be withdrawn. Is this right? Please help. :confused:

You bring up a good point VAGCwaiting and I am hoping that someone else can shed some light on this as well. My LC was applied from NJ (EB3-RIR )in Aug 2004 and should have moved to the Phila BEC. Also note, my 6 years are up in 2006. I asked my lawyer the same question: Please see my question and his response below...

Q: Considering that the Philadelphia BPC is not processing this in any
particular order, should I be optimistic and wait for my 45 day letter ( as
an indication that things are moving for my case) - or would you recommend
that we use PERM

Answer I got:
We should be patient and await the 45 day letter. A new application
filed under PERM would require new recruitment and legal fees. Moreover, it
is in your interests to keep your old priority date because of visa
retrogression of the EB-3 category for natives of India. A new PERM
application would be given a new priority date. (You would be able to
maintain your old priority date with a new PERM application only if the
application is identical to the previously filed one and you agree to
withdraw the original application--which we do not recommend).

Which sounds like the exact opposite of what your lawyer is telling me. I hope Im not getting things mixed up...but I am having trouble understanding this statement : "... because of visa
retrogression of the EB-3 category for natives of India..."

Can anyone please explain this?

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM and current LC

jaagte_raho, your case is EB3 and therefore it may be important for you to retain your current PD in order for you to file your 485 early. To achieve this you'd have to (as your attorney says) withdraw your current LC to replace with PERM application. But it's possible that VAGCwaiting is EB2 - in that case, the retrogression doesn't apply to VAGCwaiting. I dont know if you can file a EB2 PERM now - if you can, then you can probably avoid withdrawing the BPC petition. Gurus, is this possible??

This is just my understanding. I'm no attorney, so you'd have to take further professional advise...

jaagte_raho said:
You bring up a good point VAGCwaiting and I am hoping that someone else can shed some light on this as well. My LC was applied from NJ (EB3-RIR )in Aug 2004 and should have moved to the Phila BEC. Also note, my 6 years are up in 2006. I asked my lawyer the same question: Please see my question and his response below...

Q: Considering that the Philadelphia BPC is not processing this in any
particular order, should I be optimistic and wait for my 45 day letter ( as
an indication that things are moving for my case) - or would you recommend
that we use PERM

Answer I got:
We should be patient and await the 45 day letter. A new application
filed under PERM would require new recruitment and legal fees. Moreover, it
is in your interests to keep your old priority date because of visa
retrogression of the EB-3 category for natives of India. A new PERM
application would be given a new priority date. (You would be able to
maintain your old priority date with a new PERM application only if the
application is identical to the previously filed one and you agree to
withdraw the original application--which we do not recommend).

Which sounds like the exact opposite of what your lawyer is telling me. I hope Im not getting things mixed up...but I am having trouble understanding this statement : "... because of visa
retrogression of the EB-3 category for natives of India..."

Can anyone please explain this?

Update

I talked to my lawyer today, who mostly deals with VA/MD/DC area. He said he has received some approvals from BEC, from April 2001 non RIR. He is expecting more approvals to follow soon.

On another note, I am trying to extend H1B for 7th yr, and the lawyer is charging $1,500 for this. I thought its real simple and shouldn't be this much. Can I do it myself? Is it a typical fee for H1B 7th yr extension? I thought it was like $250-300 or so.

juntha said:
For those tired of out of subject posts and rumors, i found out a web group http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BECPHIL/
entirely dedicated to BEC phily.
Every message is screened by the moderators, and the rules to post are strict. They also update us on the status of Phily BEC. An email is sent to you every day with all the posts of the day...

I think its not fair to this forum to advertise some other forums which directly benefits from this traffic. I am not sure if I am raising valid point, but I have seen at lot of closely monitored forums that such post gets deleted instantly.

I am so irritated by people complaining about this forum being on side track. I just don't understand what they want to discuss. If we just discuss approvals, this forum would have been on first page itself. Whats wrong with discussing our prediction or rumors ?

Please stop advertising other forums here. I am also sending message to moderators.

USCISisMockery said:
I think its not fair to this forum to advertise some other forums which directly benefits from this traffic. I am not sure if I am raising valid point, but I have seen at lot of closely monitored forums that such post gets deleted instantly.

I am so irritated by people complaining about this forum being on side track. I just don't understand what they want to discuss. If we just discuss approvals, this forum would have been on first page itself. Whats wrong with discussing our prediction or rumors ?

Please stop advertising other forums here. I am also sending message to moderators.

The group was created to keep a tighter control on the posts, to publish DOL and officials news from BEC Phili in order to gather under strict rules the most trusted informations in order to help people in this forum. It contains datas and informations that everyone need to know without being submerged by other unverified informations, frustration or rumors. Many people also keep asking for the same question, it seems easier for them to get those answer at once instead of reading thousands of (sometime useless) posts. This seems to be characteristic to this thread. Dallas Forum works much better.
Unless you find a moderator ready to read each post and delete systematically every posts that do not belong to a particular thread, i feel it s the best way to go. Beside, refering to the Murthy.com website in a forum made by another lawyer doesn t seem to cause any problem.
The problem i have with assumption and prediction is that it create a lot of frustration for people eager to get an answer from BEC. Also those assumption and prediction are not always right and tends to confuse everybody.
Finally the group was created to give informations ONLY to everyone, a notion long gone in this forum where everyone is trying to find answer to their own questions without sometime even bother reading earlier posts. The truth is that this forum is more a place to discuss than a place to find information.
Again, every information in the group has already been posted in this forum, and any new information will be posted here also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fees for H1B extensions after 6th year

msabir said:
I talked to my lawyer today, who mostly deals with VA/MD/DC area. He said he has received some approvals from BEC, from April 2001 non RIR. He is expecting more approvals to follow soon.

On another note, I am trying to extend H1B for 7th yr, and the lawyer is charging $1,500 for this. I thought its real simple and shouldn't be this much. Can I do it myself? Is it a typical fee for H1B 7th yr extension? I thought it was like $250-300 or so.

INS Fee for after 6 year extension is $185 plus attorney fees. If you are in same company.

jdk98

msabir said:

It seems that Pilly God is also right on no-RIR cases to be processed first.

USCISisMockery said:

Common guys !
The more information we get the better. I do not see any advertisement in juntha's post. If going that way we should not allow posting links to some excellent immigration websites claiming that is is the advertisement of those websites.
Saying honestly it annoys me much when somebody cut&paste a huge text from other website instead of posting a link.

EB-3 Visa Numbers Wide Open for Schedule A Nurses & Phy. Thrpst. Beginning Today

:( The State Department, without publicity, amended June 2005 Visa Bulletin, making EB-3 visa numbers available for Schedule A Nurses and Physical Therapists effective immediately. Visit Amended June Visa Bulletin home page.

Thank you

God Bless America !

orissa said:
:( The State Department, without publicity, amended June 2005 Visa Bulletin, making EB-3 visa numbers available for Schedule A Nurses and Physical Therapists effective immediately. Visit Amended June Visa Bulletin home page.

Thank you

May God Bless DOL and its inhabitants!.. So that they have a long life to screw more people like us. Let them rest in peace. :mad:

juntha said:
The group was created to keep a tighter control on the posts, to publish DOL and officials news from BEC Phili in order to gather under strict rules the most trusted informations in order to help people in this forum. It contains datas and informations that everyone need to know without being submerged by other unverified informations, frustration or rumors. Many people also keep asking for the same question, it seems easier for them to get those answer at once instead of reading thousands of (sometime useless) posts. This seems to be characteristic to this thread. Dallas Forum works much better.
Unless you find a moderator ready to read each post and delete systematically every posts that do not belong to a particular thread, i feel it s the best way to go. Beside, refering to the Murthy.com website in a forum made by another lawyer doesn t seem to cause any problem.
The problem i have with assumption and prediction is that it create a lot of frustration for people eager to get an answer from BEC. Also those assumption and prediction are not always right and tends to confuse everybody.
Finally the group was created to give informations ONLY to everyone, a notion long gone in this forum where everyone is trying to find answer to their own questions without sometime even bother reading earlier posts. The truth is that this forum is more a place to discuss than a place to find information.
Again, every information in the group has already been posted in this forum, and any new information will be posted here also.

Juntha, I appreciate your effort whether I believe its worthwhile or not.

I thought you started that forum so I was not sure what you don't get here that you had to start new forum.
But it seems like its moderated by someone else, no problem having extra source of information.

But just FYI, you can always have new thread with FAQs here to answer new comers.

Why we need discussion ? Because there are some topics which doesn't have clear answers, for eg. converting RIR to PERM, there is no definite answer to it. Not sure what kind of information you will put on Yahoo forum ?

Officially there are no updates from Philly BEC, so discussion forum helps to get others perspective.

USCISisMockery said:
Juntha, I appreciate your effort whether I believe its worthwhile or not.

I thought you started that forum so I was not sure what you don't get here that you had to start new forum.
But it seems like its moderated by someone else, no problem having extra source of information.

But just FYI, you can always have new thread with FAQs here to answer new comers.

Why we need discussion ? Because there are some topics which doesn't have clear answers, for eg. converting RIR to PERM, there is no definite answer to it. Not sure what kind of information you will put on Yahoo forum ?

Officially there are no updates from Philly BEC, so discussion forum helps to get others perspective.

We will see where this is going, it is taking a lot of my time thou ;).
So far, 150 people applied overnight. I guess there is a need for this kind of service giving everyone the 'raw' news they deserve. Up to each of them to discuss about it in this forum. This is the main reason why noone is allowed to post in this group unless it s approved by the moderator.

juntha said:
13 entries so far in the BEC phily tracker. Guys we need more data from all of you so we can crunch some numbers. Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BECPHIL/ and post your info

Thanks

They already have a good tracking file here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1169275#post1169275. They already have hundreds of entries. Why reinvent the wheel? If you want, you can use their file to run analysis too.

Everyone, please go here: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1169275#post1169275 to update your info. The more data we have, the better analysis we can come up.