Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

webjockey said:
Thanks. The address that you mentioned above is an email address right?
yes, when your employer or atty sends a status inquiry to that address, it will be responded to. At the present time, about the only thing they will learn is whether the BEC has actually received/entered the case and what the new ETA case number is. The letter goes on to say blah, blah about cases coming in being in data entry process to generate 45-day letter, blah, blah, once response is sent to 45-day letter please wait 90 days before further inquiry, blah, blah.... :(
Once cases actually start to go into analysis stage thru certification, possibly more detailed info will become available but probably no time soon.

45 day Letter received

CA Dt Applied Dec 2002
letter received from PD Feb 7th
RIR

Last edited by a moderator:
45 day letter

My HR got 45 day letter just now.

My case info:

PD: Aug 2002
RD: june 2003
old case #P2003-CA-0957####
New case # P-04308-33###
ca/SFO

Anand_Mishra said:
So far i got this..

P-04246-007XX(recd on 01/04/05)
P-04252-02XXX(recd on 01/05/05)
P-04254-038XX(recd)
P-04259-04XXX(recd on 01/05/05)
P-04271-08XXX(recd on 12/06/04)
P-04273-10XXX(recd on 12/30/04)
P-04274-10XXX(recd on 01/24/05)
P-04275-XXXXX(recd on 01/21/05)
P-04280-XXXXX(recd on 02/09/05)
P-04289-21XXX(recd on 02/01/05)

P-04292-10XXX(recd on 02/09/05)
D-04295-22XXX(recd on 01/27/05)
P-04299-27XXX
P-04301-29xxx
D-04306-28xxx(recd on 02/08/05)
P-04307-32xxx(recd on 02/07/05)
P-04310-34xxx

P-04320-00xxx
D-04320-01xxx
D-04321-04xxx(recd on 02/01/05)
D-05005-XXXXX
P-05013-25XXX

Please add mine too
P- 04320- 03XXX (not recd)

dcmetro22042 said:
Guys, any indication that for the folks who received the letters and have replied- that their cases are going to be processed as well? Or are they still going to wait for all letters to come back, make one big list and then start processing?
Once the response is received and any corrections have be updated, the case is placed in FIFO queue (either RIR or TR) for processing by analyst.

My atty just got my letter, my info is

PD: July 2002
RD: Apr. 2004
VA, RIR, EB2

Anyone got approved recently?

guys i am in a fix.
RIR pd 3/04
transferred to atl dol aug,2004
no receipt date
no letter
i requested my paralegal many times to get info as to where my case is ( most likely now philly dol) but so far she has not given me answer , says left message with answering service( this is a lawyer for which i am paying from my own pocket and is one of the top lawyers in country from CA,paralegal tells me not to worry as she herself went through the process) , don"t want to ask employer to check
is there any other way to confirm status my self , any one with similar dates and knows the status
thnaks

To: lalalala, I am in a similar situation

Hello,

My RIR PD. is Sep, 2004 from NC and my case was forwarded to Atlanta on Oct 2004. I never got a case number from DOL either. My boss has been trying to call Philly backlog center several time and left messages. But of course nobody called back. We sent an email inquiry last week and don't know whether we will receive a response or not. I guess the only thing we can do right now is to make sure if the letter is sent out, it is not lost in our institution. I have been watching the forum closely and there does not seem to be any letter to people in Atlanta center. So just calm down and see how things go.

To lalalala, alohaahola

I have a similar situation like you.
RIR North Carolina
RD: November 2004 Atlanta
No letter yet

longwait5 said:
Hi, Icarus!
Is there any case analysis going on now at either BEC?
Thanks
Some has started, additional analysts are being added to boost production (taken from original employees that were all doing data entry initially)

lalalala said:
guys i am in a fix.
RIR pd 3/04
no receipt date
no letter
i requested my paralegal many times to get info as to where my case is ( most likely now philly dol) but so far she has not given me answer , says left message with answering service( this is a lawyer for which i am paying from my own pocket and is one of the top lawyers in country from CA,paralegal tells me not to worry as she herself went through the process) , don"t want to ask employer to check
is there any other way to confirm status my self , any one with similar dates and knows the status
thnaks
Your case still may be in the Atlanta NPC. Your relatively recent PD might have excluded it from being considered part of the "backlog".

The typo stated that DOL in Georgia is now processing cases received in Sept. 2004 causing many frustrated client phone calls. Atlanta DOL is now working on cases that they received in May and June of 2003 (not 2004). The cases sent by Atlanta to the backlog center were cases received from September 23rd through December 10th, 2004 (and anything received after December 10th will eventually be sent to the backlog center as well).

http://usvisanews.com/announcements/announce0001.shtml

If this news is correct your case should be in Philadelphia now.

lalalala said:
guys i am in a fix.
RIR pd 3/04
no receipt date
no letter
thnaks

Icarus, can you please explain?

So you mean Atlanta NPC will keep these files and process them in Atlanta? I heard that all cases sent to Atlanta after Sept 2003 have been/are being sent to Philly.

May I ask the reason for your statement? What's the criteria for being considered to be "backlog"?

Thanks.

Icarus said:
Your case still may be in the Atlanta NPC. Your relatively recent PD might have excluded it from being considered part of the "backlog".

allaboutgc said:
So you mean Atlanta NPC will keep these files and process them in Atlanta? I heard that all cases sent to Atlanta after Sept 2003 have been/are being sent to Philly.

May I ask the reason for your statement? What's the criteria for being considered to be "backlog"?

Thanks.
The cutoff for the backlog is/was cases with a PD of '03 or before. Anything after that (maybe with a 2-3 month margin) stayed and is supposed to be processed by the NPC.

Icarus, you have been right all the time so far. It is hard to believe that NPC are really working. I called Chicago NPC 3 times already and I got the same answer: everything goes to the BEC, we do not process anything. My case was just approved at SESA, and the lady told me that she does not know where to send these apllications: to BEC or Chicago NPC. She does not have the directions yet.

icarus
so if i understand correctly , my case should not be in philly BEC and should go to atlanta NPC, some of web sites are saying sept 2003 to dec 2004 go to philly
and if you are right about atlanta npc ,is that better then going to philly bec, how different do they work, which is faster,is there i separate tracker for atlanta npc
and is there any way for me to confirm, (lawyer not cooperate )