Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Has anyone received the 45-day letter whose case went to DOL in Nov'04 or later? Know it sounds strange, but stranger things have happened at DOL. Just curious.

dcmetro22042 said:
Has anyone received the 45-day letter whose case went to DOL in Nov'04 or later? Know it sounds strange, but stranger things have happened at DOL. Just curious.

My guess is that my LC app must have been received by Philly DOL in the first week of Nov 2004. I haven't received the BEC letter yet.

Thanks mvinays. Do drop me a PM when you do. I shall do the same. Since I do not get much info from the lawyer and HR at my end, I am relying on this site for regular info.

Mine went on Nov'8th 2004 to Atlanta DOL...but haven't recieved any letter yet.
dcmetro22042 said:

dcmetro22042 said:
Thanks mvinays. Do drop me a PM when you do. I shall do the same. Since I do not get much info from the lawyer and HR at my end, I am relying on this site for regular info.

I called my lawyer last week and he told me that he hasn't heard back anything from Philly DOL / BEC. I will let you know if I get the 45-day letter.

mvinays said:
I called my lawyer last week and he told me that he hasn't heard back anything from Philly DOL / BEC. I will let you know if I get the 45-day letter.

Philly BRC/BPR is mess. They entred the data but didn't send the letter. I don't know what they are doing there. Guys who's RD are newer than me(both work for same company) already received letter from dallas BPC on jan 05 first week.

Any inside info from Philly BPC will be welcome.

The full URL is http://news.caribseek.com/Global_Caribbean/Hard_Beat_News/article_9767.shtml

Not sure we should read too much into this given that there 2005 set up costs were fully absorbed, but I agree the reduction doesnt seem to jive with their commitment to driving the wait down...The wave of Labor certifications that are going to come from DOL shortly (dreaming optimisticly!!!!)

Anand_Mishra said:
Got from SFO tread.

Not so good News, check this out

http://news.caribseek.com/Global_Ca...icle_9767.shtml :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
stueym said:
The full URL is http://news.caribseek.com/Global_Caribbean/Hard_Beat_News/article_9767.shtml

Not sure we should read too much into this given that there 2005 set up costs were fully absorbed, but I agree the reduction doesnt seem to jive with their commitment to driving the wait down...The wave of Labor certifications that are going to come from DOL shortly (dreaming optimisticly!!!!)

What it implies is that $180Mil is reduced to $100Mil which means 2yr period of plannned completion in year 2006 may get extended beyond that period.

Anand_Mishra said:

http://news.caribseek.com/Global_Caribbean/Hard_Beat_News/article_9767.shtml

The summary from immi-law.com

The USCIS FY-2006 budget proposal is characterized by the following three wonderland promises:
Slash the backlog initiative budget from $180 million in FY 2005 to $100 million in FY 2006; but Achieving the 6-month immigration benefits processing times by the end of FY 2006;
Expand the premium processing services from the employment-based petitions/applications to the non-employment-based petitions and applications during FY 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
Folks:

I think this reduction in Budget is for USCIS processing their "so called backlogs". It does not mention DOL budget, this should be seen for BEC funding from DOL point of view. These are two entirely different departments, hence have different budget heads, hence should not be tied as the same. There was a memo out last year specifying about budget allocation for SWA's and BEC's for 2005 in the DOL 2005 transistion guidelines. Does anyone see a change in funding for BEC's under the DOL budget allocations....if this is true (budget reductions for BEC), then it is totally contrary to the aims of DOL's purpose of backlog elimination.

mnhrdc said:
http://news.caribseek.com/Global_Caribbean/Hard_Beat_News/article_9767.shtml

The summary from immi-law.com

The USCIS FY-2006 budget proposal is characterized by the following three wonderland promises:
Slash the backlog initiative budget from $180 million in FY 2005 to $100 million in FY 2006; but Achieving the 6-month immigration benefits processing times by the end of FY 2006;
Expand the premium processing services from the employment-based petitions/applications to the non-employment-based petitions and applications during FY 2006.

How Philly BEC working??

per Icacus, Dallas BEC are entering data in system and sending the love letter same time. That seems true for Dallas. Guys with Jan'05(D-05005-xxxx) data entery on Dallas BEC got the love letter. Has any one any idea how philly BEC working? Because my data entered on Oct'04(P-04301-xxx) but not got the love letter so far.

Is they following any other logic? or Doing FIFO based on based on any region/PD, etc for Love letter sending.
Any info will be welcome. :confused:

Anand_Mishra said:
per Icacus, Dallas BEC are entering data in system and sending the love letter same time. That seems true for Dallas. Guys with Jan'05(D-05005-xxxx) data entery on Dallas BEC got the love letter. Has any one any idea how philly BEC working? Because my data entered on Oct'04(P-04301-xxx) but not got the love letter so far.

Is they following any other logic? or Doing FIFO based on based on any region/PD, etc for Love letter sending.
Any info will be welcome. :confused:

When send status check inquiry, they are repling with new ETA no. and also that data entry is being populated to a new data base and soon 45 day letter will be sent.

Since all the data is kept on single Server and processed from two Bec centers intialy. This makes sense that presently they may be not able to generate letter for some cases.

mnhrdc said:
When send status check inquiry, they are repling with new ETA no. and also that data entry is being populated to a new data base and soon 45 day letter will be sent.

Since all the data is kept on single Server and processed from two Bec centers intialy. This makes sense that presently they may be not able to generate letter for some cases.
Hi mnhrdc,
I fail to understand this.
Do you mean this number is generated in the old system?
Thanks.

mnhrdc said:

Sorry, I missed the point. Are Philly BEC generating new ETA some other server? Please explain little more. Thx,

Anand_Mishra said:
Sorry, I missed the point. Are Philly BEC generating new ETA some other server? Please explain little more. Thx,

Icarus is Guru but i may be wrong

The status check letter recived from BEC says that they are populating to a new DB and soon you may recieve 45 day letter for ppl who have not recd letter. But they have also issued a new ETA No. in that letter.

From earlier postings and TG in this forum it was stated that the data will reside on single Data base placed remotely.

I may be wrong here but i think
niether Phily nor Dallas locally may not generate the nos. the sw must be intelligent enough to generate the last 5 digits based on Data entry from any center based on PD. (ofcourse D/P and day number might be based on which center is entering the DAta )

sarathynp said:
Hi mnhrdc,
I fail to understand this.
Do you mean this number is generated in the old system?
Thanks.
I mean they are unable to generate letters due to migration of Data to new sw or new server or may be to any sw or Printer issues.

I also failed to understand how the the no. are allready generated for not recd letter cases if Data entry is NOT done.

mnhrdc said:
I mean they are unable to generate letters due to migration of Data to new sw or new server or may be to any sw or Printer issues.

There was a brief break in letter production after the DOL switched to an internal server.

I also failed to understand how the the no. are allready generated for not recd letter cases if Data entry is NOT done.
They aren't. Cases currently in an incompleted stage of data entry are assigned a case number beginning with a T.(i.e. T-05005-xxxxx). Once data entry is complete and a letter is ready for printing, the case is assigned a D or a P(depending on BEC-Dallas or Philly)

Cases that haven't started the data entry process are not tracked in the system and responses to inquiries will not show a new ETA case number.

mnhrdc said:
Icarus is Guru but i may be wrong

The status check letter recived from BEC says that they are populating to a new DB and soon you may recieve 45 day letter for ppl who have not recd letter. But they have also issued a new ETA No. in that letter.

From earlier postings and TG in this forum it was stated that the data will reside on single Data base placed remotely.

I may be wrong here but i think
niether Phily nor Dallas locally may not generate the nos. the sw must be intelligent enough to generate the last 5 digits based on Data entry from any center based on PD. (ofcourse D/P and day number might be based on which center is entering the DAta )
Data server is located at a DOL facility (VA?) and maintained by DOL personnel. BEC's share server data and case numbers are generated / determined by originating BEC, Julian date that data entry is first entered and saved, and sequential data entry order shared by both. (i.e., D-04310-02345 and P-04310-02346 were entered by Dallas and Philadelphia respectively, on the 310th day of 2004, and the data entry person in Dallas hit save right before the one in Philly did).