Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Rhode Island

Hi Folks,

Does any one have received the 45-day letter who has filed their case in RI state labor? I spoke to a lady few days back in the labor dept and she said that all the cases filed before 2003 was sent to the BEC. Mine was filed in June 2002 in non-RIR.

Thanks for your info!

New Case Number

My Attorney got reply from Dallas BPC for status request but new case number starts with P-04301-29xxx. Content of mail says "45-day letter will issued when all data entry will completed and please don't do additional status for atleast 90 days after responding to 45-day letter".

Icarus say data was entered on Oct 2004 on Philly BPC based on ETA info. Why I didn't received the love letter so far. Our assumption was there that BPC sends the letter when they finish the data entry.

Any input is welcome.

RD: July 6th 2004(CA/RIR)
(NO 45 day letter yet)

I'm Game!

I'm game Spidey. Live on the Mainline 16 miles out of PHL, so anywhere there would be good. Either that or out at Valley Forge/King of Prussia and the NJ.DE folks could make it on 276/202

Let me know what folks think!
:D
spidey said:
Guys (and ladies if there are any here)

I thought I'd like to meet fellow sufferers, if nothing else it gives us the opportunity to blow steam, share our stories and who knows it may even end up becoming something more productive at some point.

So I thought I'd throw this out there, what do you guys say to getting together for a fun evening somewhere in Philly. We could meet at a Marriott or something over some drinks etc... (I personally favor some place with enough parking :cool: )

I realize some may feel it's a corny idea but for those who dont and would like to hang out - lets do. If we dont like each other ;) or it's too inconvenient we don't have to meet again...

spidey-

Anyone atlanta DOL transferees in here?

Hi,
I feel a bit homeless now that the labor cases are in a state of flux. Anyone in here following up on cases for atlanta moved to a BEC?
If TempeBelle reads this message please respond, you always had uptodate info.
thanks,
frog

Hey frog,
I am in the same bunch!!!!!!!!!!!! Just waiting, waiting and waiting............

eefrog said:
Hi,
I feel a bit homeless now that the labor cases are in a state of flux. Anyone in here following up on cases for atlanta moved to a BEC?
If TempeBelle reads this message please respond, you always had uptodate info.
thanks,
frog

stueym said:
I'm game Spidey. Live on the Mainline 16 miles out of PHL, so anywhere there would be good. Either that or out at Valley Forge/King of Prussia and the NJ.DE folks could make it on 276/202

Let me know what folks think!
:D

Stueym,

That makes it 3 of us. BTW, I live near KOP too so that area works just fine by me....

1. GC_Lover
2. Stueym
3. Spidey

Although it's quite a hike for the lover... he's from Edison....
What say if we can be at least 5 we call it a party and figure out when and where... The more the merrier of course.

spidey-

Anand_Mishra said:
My Attorney got reply from Dallas BPC for status request but new case number starts with P-04301-29xxx. Content of mail says "45-day letter will issued when all data entry will completed and please don't do additional status for atleast 90 days after responding to 45-day letter".

Icarus say data was entered on Oct 2004 on Philly BPC based on ETA info. Why I didn't received the love letter so far. Our assumption was there that BPC sends the letter when they finish the data entry.

Any input is welcome.

(NO 45 day letter yet)

Does this mean that you are likely to get some result within 90 days after replying the love letter??

might possible in 90 days

forwarded from Dallas Backlog Thread.
pvr2pvr said:
Hi,

I am following all the forums, to my understanding

1. There are around 200 people working in both the BRC's for clearing the cases.
2. BRC's will take 24 months to 30 months from the date PERM is implemented(approx working days are 600)
3. Total applications to be cleared are 300,000.

lets do a little math now, the numbers may be approx.

Total work days = people working * days
200 * 600 days = 120000 work days.

# or applications to be cleared per person per day to finish the backlog is = total applications / #work days
300000/120000 = 2.5 apps. per day

So if each person clears approx 3 applications, definately they can finish the backlog in 2 years.

If they choose to clear the regional first, not touching state apps.
40000 / 2.5 * 200 = 80 days.
So from the date of implementing the PERM in 80 working days the regional cases should be cleared.

if half the resources are being used for data entry then in 160 working days the regional cases should be cleared. or each person has to clear 5 apps. per day to complete in 80 days.

Do you all think clearing 5/6 cases per days per person is that difficult, keeping the consideration all the factors?

What do you say?

cool math

Does this mean that all the regional cases in Phili will be cleared in 6-8 months..Sounds so optimistic math.Sounds lot better than many other things we heard in the last one month

Apr = 21 working days
May = 22 working days -1 holliday ( Memorial day) =21 working days
Jun = 22 working days
Jul = 21 working days -1 holliday ( Independent day) = 20 working days
Aug =23 working days
Sep = 22 working days -1 holliday ( Labor day) =21 working days
Oct = 21 working days -1 holliday ( Columbus day) =20 working days
Nov = 22 working days -3 hollidays ( ~estimate; Veterbday, 2 days for Thx giving day) = 19 working days
Dec = 22 working days -1 holliday ( Chrismas day) =21 working days
Total 188 working days ( by end of the yr)

hangu said:
Does this mean that you are likely to get some result within 90 days after replying the love letter??

BPC not expecting "No status change" with in 90 days after responding of 45-day letter. So advising check status only after 90 days.
Many of us didn't get letter so far.
BUT Good Luck for all. :)
New ETA case# P-04301-29xxx

Little Math for YOU

On OCT 29th Murthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html

Approx around this date, it was said BEC is in a process of receiving the regional cases from CA, (assume that, if the BEC received the applications immediately and started the processing on NOV 11th). It also specified that each BEC is staffed with 100 contract workers and 30/40 federal employees. Take roughly 100 each BEC. Total is 200.

On JAN 28th Murthy.com (meeting took place on 11th Jan)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_higper.html

It is said; to date they have issued 26,000 45 day letters. This means
(I am assuming the NOV 11 and JAN 11 for easy calculation purpose)
Total working days are approx 2 months Nov 11 to Jan 11. Approx working days are 40

Total work days: 40 * 200 = 8000 work days.

Data entry was done and 45 day letters were sent to 26,000 applications. This means

Applications worked per day: 26000/8000 = 3.5 apps per day per person.

They achieved this during the peak holiday season, with the new software, training employees and correcting the bugs in the new software etc. Don't you think they can do a better job now? I am not gaining any thing supporting the BEC; I am also just like you, waiting for my labor to be approved.

In this news it is also specified that each BEC will have 200 contract workers + federal employees (approx 30/40). So assume that BEC's will have 400 people working together on the cases. (May be they will achieve this 400 employees target by March 28th. as Icarus said there are only 109 at Dallas)

So again you do the little math. Work is doubled(adjudication from march 28th), people are also doubled(200 to 400), what could be the per day applications cleared per person?? I am little poor in math, please post your response!!!

If “satellite” offices also clear the cases, can it help per day work output?
Your comments or responses will help every one in the forums.

Yeahh, there will be RFE’s to lot of cases, there will be no response to 45 day letters due to various reasons…that is all the better part.

Regards
RD Chicago July 2004

pvr2pvr said:
On OCT 29th Murthy.com
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_doltra.html

Approx around this date, it was said BEC is in a process of receiving the regional cases from CA, (assume that, if the BEC received the applications immediately and started the processing on NOV 11th). It also specified that each BEC is staffed with 100 contract workers and 30/40 federal employees. Take roughly 100 each BEC. Total is 200.

It is said; to date they have issued 26,000 45 day letters. This means
(I am assuming the NOV 11 and JAN 11 for easy calculation purpose)
Total working days are approx 2 months Nov 11 to Jan 11. Approx working days are 40

Total work days: 40 * 200 = 8000 work days.

Data entry was done and 45 day letters were sent to 26,000 applications. This means

Applications worked per day: 26000/8000 = 3.5 apps per day per person.

They achieved this during the peak holiday season, with the new software, training employees and correcting the bugs in the new software etc. Don't you think they can do a better job now? I am not gaining any thing supporting the BEC; I am also just like you, waiting for my labor to be approved.

In this news it is also specified that each BEC will have 200 contract workers + federal employees (approx 30/40). So assume that BEC's will have 400 people working together on the cases. (May be they will achieve this 400 employees target by March 28th. as Icarus said there are only 109 at Dallas)

So again you do the little math. Work is doubled(adjudication from march 28th), people are also doubled(200 to 400), what could be the per day applications cleared per person?? I am little poor in math, please post your response!!!

If “satellite” offices also clear the cases, can it help per day work output?
Your comments or responses will help every one in the forums.

Yeahh, there will be RFE’s to lot of cases, there will be no response to 45 day letters due to various reasons…that is all the better part.

Regards
RD Chicago July 2004
But BECs were set up on Aug 20, 2004. They started entering data in Sept according to the new case numbers assigned.

Anybody got letter for P-04299 series?

I got reply by email from dallas dol with case# 04299-27***
But 45 day letter is not recd yet. Anybody got letter for cases starting with P-04299? Please reply or PM me.

Thanks.
CA RD052004

sarathynp said:
I got reply by email from dallas dol with case# 04299-27***
But 45 day letter is not recd yet. Anybody got letter for cases starting with P-04299? Please reply or PM me.

Thanks.
CA RD052004

What does 04299 stand for? Does it have a meaning?
Thanks!

mvinays said:
What does 04299 stand for? Does it have a meaning?
Thanks!

As per Icacus earlier explanation D-04299-27***

P/D represents Philly/Dallas
04 – represents year 2004
299- 299th day of year 2004 data entered in BEC system
27*** - May be this is unique number in BEC queue

I saw guys with 07xxx number already got the 45 days love letter.
I was requesting all the guys please provide their new ETA number. So we can make out some logic, if any. :)