Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

tyrant said:
What you are telling sounds very encouraging and is exactly what I am looking for. Can you provide some references? The link that you have provided earlier talks about the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor, get PD 1 & get it approved
2. Company A: Apply I-140 & get it approved
3. Switch to Company B
4. Company B: Apply for labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
5. Company B: Apply I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply 485 using PD 1

I am more interested in the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor & get PD 1
2. Switch to Company B
3. Company B: Apply labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
4. Company A: Get labor approved
5. Company A: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
7. Company B: Apply for 485 using PD 1

Djb's comment applies to the second situation too. I would like to add that since GC is for future employment, it is possible to file I-140 even after you quit during LC process. Once I-140 is approved, you are eligible to port the PD. In this regard, you need co-operation from Company A.

manwithnoname said:
Djb's comment applies to the second situation too. I would like to add that since GC is for future employment, it is possible to file I-140 even after you quit during LC process. Once I-140 is approved, you are eligible to port the PD. In this regard, you need co-operation from Company A.
Thanks manwithnoname. I think I can get company A to cooperate.

Do you know of any resources that can describe the portability of priority date in detail? The ones that I have come across talk about portability when your I-140 is approved followed by you switching the job but do not talk about portability when you switch the job followed by your I-140 getting approved.

tyrant said:
What you are telling sounds very encouraging and is exactly what I am looking for. Can you provide some references? The link that you have provided earlier talks about the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor, get PD 1 & get it approved
2. Company A: Apply I-140 & get it approved
3. Switch to Company B
4. Company B: Apply for labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
5. Company B: Apply I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply 485 using PD 1

I am more interested in the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor & get PD 1
2. Switch to Company B
3. Company B: Apply labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
4. Company A: Get labor approved
5. Company A: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
7. Company B: Apply for 485 using PD 1

Hi tyrant!

As you might have read/heard multiple times, GC is for a future job ( & not for the present job). As a result, you may have more than 1 approved I-140s (which is like having more than 1 job offers).
If your relationship with company A is good and if your old employer (company A) is okay with applying for your I-140 even after you have quit company A and joined company B then you are in good shape. As long as company A does not stop your GC process, you are good.
I hope this clarifies.
Gurus, any other comments?
Does anyone have anything official on this?

lcwaiting said:
Can somebody kindly post the 202 number for employer to contact PBEC? I couldn't find it anymore. what is the difference between this number and (484) 270-1500 which I found online?
Thanks.

The number is (202) 693-3010. I am not sure what is the difference between the two numbers as I didn't try the other one. I tried the 202 number this morning but got automated system.

GAPDJuly062004 said:
Hi tyrant!

As you might have read/heard multiple times, GC is for a future job ( & not for the present job). As a result, you may have more than 1 approved I-140s (which is like having more than 1 job offers).
If your relationship with company A is good and if your old employer (company A) is okay with applying for your I-140 even after you have quit company A and joined company B then you are in good shape. As long as company A does not stop your GC process, you are good.
I hope this clarifies.
Gurus, any other comments?
Does anyone have anything official on this?

On this note..can I post my query..!!

please dont thrash me that this is not the right thread for such a post..

I have a EB3 with PD Dec 2002 and an EB2 with PD Oct 2003 still at PBEC. I am currently working with Dec2002-EB3 employer. When the EB2 labor comes in I can beg him to file the i140...

BUT...

when the actual scenario of trying to use the Dec2002 PD for the EB2 employer, should I be employed with the EB2 guy during the 485 stage,cos I am not sure what the scenario will be(like will he be having a project for me at that time to employ me,it is an American/Swedish company and dont know the miseries of this GC voyage and what their corporate attorney says is a bible to the HR dept..)

Anyone who knows or in this situation please post with what you know...

TO follow up on this question

manwithnoname said:

Is it possible to port PD if the new job is totally different from the old one, say from a software engineer to a attorney? Many thanks in advance.

PD 12/17/2003 Certified

Got letter for certified LC. Details in my signature.
Thank you all for your company on this journey.
Got to go to the next ride.

88echon said:
You were checking the status everyday and it is showing "IN Process" and all of sudden the certfied letter came to your office. Did letter came to your office or attorney ??? if this so it means there are chances the online status may not get always updated with uptodate status.

This may be True for some cases. Even my friend's case from KS (07/2002) was approved in July 2006. The online status still shows "In Process".

srsin said:
You were checking the status everyday and it is showing "IN Process" and all of sudden the certfied letter came to your office. Did letter came to your office or attorney ??? if this so it means there are chances the online status may not get always updated with uptodate status.

88echon

88echon said:

Congratulations 88echon.

You say - you got the certification (notification) letter, but online status is still 'in process' -?

Can you please tell more......

Your ETA number also looks weired or is it P-05144-3****

Thanks,

StressTestInUSA said:
On this note..can I post my query..!!

please dont thrash me that this is not the right thread for such a post..

I have a EB3 with PD Dec 2002 and an EB2 with PD Oct 2003 still at PBEC. I am currently working with Dec2002-EB3 employer. When the EB2 labor comes in I can beg him to file the i140...

BUT...

when the actual scenario of trying to use the Dec2002 PD for the EB2 employer, should I be employed with the EB2 guy during the 485 stage,cos I am not sure what the scenario will be(like will he be having a project for me at that time to employ me,it is an American/Swedish company and dont know the miseries of this GC voyage and what their corporate attorney says is a bible to the HR dept..)

Anyone who knows or in this situation please post with what you know...

Okay - so eventually, you will have a LC / I-140 (EB3, Dec 2002) approved with the current employer and LC / I-140 (EB2, Oct 2003) approved with employer B before filing I-485. I checked the following link that explains the eligibility criteria for I-485 filing: http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/lpreligibility.htm.

Please check the above link yourself, I did not see anything that prevents you to file I-485 through an employer with whom you are not currently employed.

Thanks for the link manwithnoname..

I am keeping it in my favorite list in the browser..it sounds and looks pretty simple,we need to hire a competent lawyer ...

Hope all of us come out of this GreeenCard hell-hole...it is taking a toll in our life..it has become a silence gun in our life,trust me..

Certified.....As of Today

MDwatch said:
What day in january ?
Thx
MDW

Jan 5, 2004

I know, I downloaded and checked the tracker many times. It gives you some idea, some hope that you would get it some day.

MDW, Keep us this great work......

dhan007 said:
Jan 5, 2004

I know, I downloaded and checked the tracker many times. It gives you some idea, some hope that you would get it some day.

MDW, Keep us this great work......

Thanks

I am hoping to see some march 2004 but with such a small population (7 cases in the tracker), march might go by without being noticed :)

Good luck for the rest :)

Is the online system down currently

I tried twice to get status but was unable to do it :mad:

PD: July 2002, Ca, Eb2 ,RIR
P-04308-33XXX

My case got certified today - felt like winning a lotto

Friends,

After 3+ years of waiting, my case got certified today as per the Backlog Center Website. My RIR case was filed in Atlanta, GA during July 2003. The state level labor was cleared and forwarded to federal level during October 2003. I was only just a few weeks away from getting certified in 2005, but all cases got transferred to the Backlog Elimination Center at that time.

My company never received a 45 day letter. We reminded the Philadelphia backlog center several times but they never sent the letter. When they opened a system in their website named 'Backlog Public Disclosure System', I put my ETA case number and found that my case was closed because of non response for the 45 day letter, whereas we had not even received the letter. We contacted the office and send them the needed documentation. But even after sending the necessary documentation and reminding the department about my case, the case still showed 'Closed'. At last they re-opened the case after I sent an email to their 'Info' email id and got them to talk to me directly through email. Then they opened my case and changed the status to 'In Process'. This morning when I checked, I was pleasantly surprised to see 'Certified' besides my ETA number. It literally felt like winning a lotto.

If you want to know more about my case, send me an email to ababu27@hotmail.com.

I wish you all the very best.

Sincerely
Babu.

MD watch, I have similar priority date with you. please add it to your tracker. Thank

SWA: PA
Type: EB2 - RIR
PD: 04/05/04
RD: Never made it
45 DL Received: 4/6/05 Replied: 4/7/05
ETA# P-05013-26XXX
AD: IN PROCESS