Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

manwithnoname said:
I don't think you can - the online status merely states the case number and nothing else (unlike the screen shot).

Hi,
But the lawyer said so that , it can be done that way and that they can ask to collect the duplicate copy from DOL.

babloo_73 said:
Gurus,

I have a specific question. I have an approved EB3 labour PD June 04 and an approved i-140. My employer is saying that we can apply an EB2 Perm Labour(since i qualify for it) and get and i-140 premium processed by March 2007, This way i can retain EB3 Priority date for my EB2 labour.

Is this even possible? Has anybody come across this situation? Please reply!

Thanks in advance for your replies.
POSSIBLE

My case

NC/RIR/EB2
PD:April/1/2004
RD:May/7/2004
Filed from NC, Went to Atlanta Region
Pending in PBEC
ETA case #: P-05012-XXXXX
Current status: In Process

2002calabor said:
Tell me about it! It is amazing to watch all the ppl from 2003/2004 get excited. What they don't realize is the randomness of PBEC :p

Hi All 2001 & 2002 guys,

I have been reading these kind of posts once in a while. I thought I should answer this.

First of all I understand the frustration of all you guys not getting approved and PBEC processing 2003/2004 cases. I really wish PBEC follows FIFO process.

But Anytime one of 2003/2004 post a question worrying about their case. some of you kind of bring up your frustration. Come on guys we are also frustrated as you guys, may be not as much as you. Every one will have their tensions and their worries, we are all here in this forum to help each other morally no matter what priority date is ( For GOD sake we are all PBEC sufferers). So Please don't disrespect one of us (2003/2004) frustrated guys post a question how long our case is going to take.

Look on the bright side, for you once your labor is approved, you will be some what saved at 485 stage. where as for us the suffering continues ...

I hope you all 2001 & 2002 guys labors will be approved pretty soon.

Certified

Finally, status has changed today from in process to CERTIFIED.
Thank you all for valuable information.
Hope all of you get out soon from this black hole. :)

sanksmysore said:
Was your case some kind of "Special Handling" case .. Makes me wonder how PBEC made such a big leap to Oct 2004 all of a sudden ?!?

Or do you guys think its because of State NH that it got certified so soon ?

thx

There was another NH approval: http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1469625&postcount=430

Not sure whether this was a special handling case too. Both the cases, however, made it to the Boston DOL.

Georgia Feb 2004 LC approved!

Hello guys!

My colleague's LC just got approved. His details are:-

EB3 RIR from GA
PD Feb 16, 2004

Good luck to all of us.

Hi nmohsin,

Is it possible for you to provide first three numbers from your case # (*****). That'll be of help. My labor is from Florida too.

nmohsin said:
Online Case status Shows Certified this morning yesterday it was In Process

Thanks for everyone help here.

The details are as follow

Case # P-05012-*****
FL, EB3, RIR.
PD; Feb 2004
45 Days Letter Received in Feb 2005
Onlien Status Showed Certified on October, 17, 2006

Priority date porting

Guys,

I am in a very difficult position at this time and need to take a life changing decision. I am hopeful that the gurus here can provide me some insight into priority date porting?

Here is what I understand:

You can port priority date only if you have your labor and I-140 cleared before you leave the job. If on the other hand, you switch your job before I-140 gets approved, you will need to become an employee of the old company to avail the benefits of older priority date.

Is this correct? Any pointers/comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

tyrant said:
Guys,

I am in a very difficult position at this time and need to take a life changing decision. I am hopeful that the gurus here can provide me some insight into priority date porting?

Here is what I understand:

You can port priority date only if you have your labor and I-140 cleared before you leave the job. If on the other hand, you switch your job before I-140 gets approved, you will need to become an employee of the old company to avail the benefits of older priority date.

Is this correct? Any pointers/comments are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

"you switch your job before I-140 gets approved, you will need to become an employee of the old company to avail the benefits of older priority date" --> This is not correct - Even if the I-140 gets approved after you leave your old company, you can use the priority date of that I-140 when you file a new I-140 with your new employer. When you file your new I-140, your old I-140 should have been approved by then.

Check this link out:
http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=226267&highlight=140+H1+extension

djb said:
... Even if the I-140 gets approved after you leave your old company, you can use the priority date of that I-140 when you file a new I-140 with your new employer. When you file your new I-140, your old I-140 should have been approved by then....

What you are telling sounds very encouraging and is exactly what I am looking for. Can you provide some references? The link that you have provided earlier talks about the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor, get PD 1 & get it approved
2. Company A: Apply I-140 & get it approved
3. Switch to Company B
4. Company B: Apply for labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
5. Company B: Apply I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply 485 using PD 1

I am more interested in the following situation:

1. Company A: Apply labor & get PD 1
2. Switch to Company B
3. Company B: Apply labor, get PD 2 & get it approved
4. Company A: Get labor approved
5. Company A: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
6. Company B: Apply for I-140 & get it approved
7. Company B: Apply for 485 using PD 1

GCMESS said:
Hi All 2001 & 2002 guys,

Look on the bright side, for you once your labor is approved, you will be some what saved at 485 stage. where as for us the suffering continues ...

Would you mind explaining this a little bit more? Appreciate your help.
Based on information from my attorney, if the labor is approved for 2003/2004 guys, they can file 140 and 485 concurrently.

bestwishes4all said:
Would you mind explaining this a little bit more? Appreciate your help.
Based on information from my attorney, if the labor is approved for 2003/2004 guys, they can file 140 and 485 concurrently.

Because of retrogression not everyone will be able to file i-485 once their LC is approved. You can check the following link for the visa bulletin. The 2nd table explains who has to wait and who can file i-485.
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_3046.html

Can somebody kindly post the 202 number for employer to contact PBEC? I couldn't find it anymore. what is the difference between this number and (484) 270-1500 which I found online?
Thanks.