Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

dont understand how perm can be faster ...

this is one of the worst systems !!!

Did anybody hear about the news that foreigt students need approval to use technical equipments or similar ... Godsh ...

I really do not know what the future US governemnt is planning ...

mvinays said:
05/24/2005: First PERM Approvals

* AILA sources confirm that the first PERM approvals were mailed out yesterday from Chicago National Processing Center. The Atlanta National Processing Center also started mailing out the first PERM approval beginning from today. There are at this time two 64 million dollar questions: One is "how many" and the other is "what kind of jobs." Please stay tuned.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com

USCISisMockery said:
I think DOL will come out and clarify that labor application will be withdrawn automatically from BEC if you filled for different position for the same employer under PERM. And I think it makes sense, if thats not the case we will have big mess where many beneficiaries will have application at BEC and in PERM, both backlogged and visa number retrogressed.

Personally I feel that PERM is not magic wand, it will be far tougher to get your case certify under PERM than through RIR. Moreover if DOL is really interested in adjudicating legitimate applications, they would have done that way before.

Its my take from the begining that PERM is here to haunt us. Remember because of PERM we have BEC now. Without PERM, all state agencies would have completed 6-8 months of applications by this time (Nov 2004 - today).

Also, its in lawyer's (except Rajiv and some other) interest that, BEC doesn't approve our cases for long time so that we keep on geting their help to get extension (and many other processes/applications). Moreover lawyer's are the only one who gains if you have double application, BEC and PERM. So asking them for advice doesn't make sense. Its like asking a dentist if its good idea to visit him/her to clean my teeth every six month.

This is just my opinion, I am sorry if someone who is planning for PERM, gets discouraged by my message.

I read somewhere, a week ago, that the DOL is worried about those double applications (old LC and PERM) because it seems that you could (i dont know how) sell priority dates (?) and/or approved LC to people who needs it. To avoid it, they dont want double applications. I dont recall that there s a rule for canceling one application while the other one (perm) is filled thou. If you think yu can go perm you ll need to cancel your old LC first. I was about to file for PERM at the time. Not necessary to tell you i decided to stay quiet and keep my old LC application. On top of that, PERM is brand new, i think the rules are not going to be flexible at the beginning as everyone will try to figure out what and how to file. I d be you, i d stay clear from PERM until more cases are approved... enough to see a pattern.

New York RIR cases

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have an idea whats going on with NY labor cases
mine was filed in May 2002 under RIR..so far no letters no news and i have to file for an 8th year extension..

Thanks

pumpy said:
Hi Guys,
Does anyone have an idea whats going on with NY labor cases
mine was filed in May 2002 under RIR..so far no letters no news and i have to file for an 8th year extension..

Thanks

Some OCt '01 and Nov '01 cases were data entered in late January, letters issued in March.

Some Dec '01 cases (and I pressume remainder of Nov '01) were entered early May, no letters yet from them

Someone with a Nov '02 PD got letter in May '05

A meeting was to be held between USCIS and DOL to figure out documentation for H-1 extensions earlier this month so I assume they have ironed this out.

Your attorney/employer needs to call Philly BPC to request proof. Although if you are doing 8th year extension you probably already have it.

NY letters I think will continue to be issued sporadically. When they will begin approving them is still a mystery.

I heard from my lawyer that a couple of cases filed under PERM has been cleared by Philadelphia.

I had filed for my LC, EB2 regular, in Dec '04 from Maine. He sent me mail today saying that it might be a good idea to look at the option of filing through PERM.

btw, I am still on a F1 visa and using up my OPT. with the way things are going I better file for my H1 too. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
conundrum said:
I heard from my lawyer that a couple of cases filed under PERM has been cleared by Philadelphia.

I had filed for my LC, EB2 regular, in Dec '04 from Maine. He sent me mail today saying that it might be a good idea to look at the option of filing through PERM.

It cannot be cleared by Philadelphia. It has to be either Atlanta or Chicago National PERM Processing Center.

conundrum said:
Out of curiosity, has anyone's lawyer advised them file through PERM or is my lawyer a moron?

Your lawyer doesn't seem to be a moron. He has advised you properly. Your Dec 2004 priority date is way too late. BPCs may take 2 to 2.5 years to reach your case to approve it. PERM may give you an approval in not more than 60 days from the date your employer submits the PERM case. (He / She may also be advising you to file PERM to get more attorney's fees from you or your employer).

22 more approvals form dallas BEC today

Originally Posted by GCNoway

I was just on call with Attorney, He has received Approval Confirmation of 22 cases with PD of Apr-01 to May-02 BUT has not received any physical LC yet.

I wish everyone in this forum gets their LC superfast.

:mad: :mad: what is Phily BEC Doing :mad: :mad:

same question ...what are they doing ...

:eek:

WA8ING4GC said:

I was just on call with Attorney, He has received Approval Confirmation of 22 cases with PD of Apr-01 to May-02 BUT has not received any physical LC yet.

Is the FIFO working ?

Form Apr-01 to May-02 ? 1 year range ...

dont understand this ...

WA8ING4GC said:

Forget about the FIFO for now. The big problem for Philly is First In No Out. :mad: How does that sound? I'd prefer Dallas' so called "FIFO" for this matter. How come they sent Atlanta cases to Philly, the most depressed city in the states! We're closer to Dallas. Bet guys from CA who got caught by luck to be sent to Philly are feeling worse than me :( .

wlj_wzz said:
Forget about the FIFO for now. The big problem for Philly is First In No Out. :mad: How does that sound? I'd prefer Dallas' so called "FIFO" for this matter. How come they sent Atlanta cases to Philly, the most depressed city in the states! We're closer to Dallas. Bet guys from CA who got caught by luck to be sent to Philly are feeling worse than me :( .
That is right. I am one of those "caught by luck" guys. BTW, did anybody call Philly BEC recently? My lawyer doesn't work for me so he won't call. But is there any folks out there who hired his/her own lawyer? Then he can ask his lawyer to call. BTW, if anybody knows the new bill about restriction on the equipment usage of foreign students and researchers from CN, IN,..? I am wondering if it apply on me. I am doing research for my company.

WA8ING4GC said:

Here is my take. DOL won't allow the paces of the two BECs to be out of sync too much. Either the Philly BEC will speed up to catch up, or they will ask Dallas to slow down eventually. Lets hope Philly will get pressure and squeeze out a few approvals.

VAhoper said:
Here is my take. DOL won't allow the paces of the two BECs to be out of sync too much. Either the Philly BEC will speed up to catch up, or they will ask Dallas to slow down eventually. Lets hope Philly will get pressure and squeeze out a few approvals.
DOL won't notice that unless we let them know. DO you think we should write a letter to Zhao again talking about the philly's lagging behind? :mad:

03 cases aproved

I just talk to may lawyer and ask him about filling under perm. His advise was to wait because this week he had recieved 02 LC aproved from DC from April 2001 and 01 from VA all from Phili BEC.

I think that are very good news, since my PD is April 2001.

Choclito said:
... he had recieved 02 LC aproved from DC from April 2001 and 01 from VA all from Phili BEC.

Thanks for sharing that info but ... the title of your message says "03 cases approved." Were there 03 cases approved? I'm confused about the dates you give. Were the PD's of the approved cases in 01 or 02 or 03?

Thanks.