Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congrats gtao!

Congrats buddy! Yes, you've LC approval now!

You've mentioned a PD of Sep 2003 from VT. Can you share more details on your case?

Gurus, what's your take on this?

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

The Department of Labor has made a determination on your Application for
Employment Certification pursuant to Title 20, Code of Federal Regulations,
Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and is enclosed. This certification must be
attached to the I-140 petition and filed with the Immigration and
Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Eastern Service Center, 75
Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Regional Certifying Officer

Out case was filed in Sep, 2003 from boston and never heard anything from it until today. No 45 days letter received.

Does it mean we get LC and could file I-140/I-485?
Can't beleive it

luckylucky said:
good question. I also doubt on it. If they just at this type of slow pace to enter data, how slow they will approve cases? BTW, is the source reliable?

Is the source reliable? I feel hurt. Not really, I'm just kidding.

I can determine data entry progress from case no.s so YES data entry counts are reliable.

As for the end date, I'm speculating as much as the next guy. See my prior post.

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

XXXXXX XXXXXX

Out case was filed in Sep, 2003 from boston and never heard anything from it until today. No 45 days letter received.

Can't beleive it

If gtao's case was filed in Boston, it may have just slipped by to Boston DOL (Regional). Boston DOL cases have not been transferred to BPCs. That would explain the no 45-day letter.

Can you tell were your letter was mailed from?

The details

RIR, EB2, filed in Sep, 2003 from Boston. But never heard from it until today we got approved.
Can't believe it.
Just called our laywer and she said it's a miracle since most of the cases are still pending so far.

BOSTON is one of the fastest approval locations ...

my co-worker in Boston got approved in 6 months or so... he is waiting for his 485 now ...

I wish I could transfer to Boston in 2001 ...

gtao said:
RIR, EB2, filed in Sep, 2003 from Boston. But never heard from it until today we got approved.
Can't believe it.
Just called our laywer and she said it's a miracle since most of the cases are still pending so far.

JustWatching said:
Is the source reliable? I feel hurt. Not really, I'm just kidding.

I can determine data entry progress from case no.s so YES data entry counts are reliable.

As for the end date, I'm speculating as much as the next guy. See my prior post.
I really mean no offence to you. I just couldn't believe that they say they are going to close everything within 24 to 30 monthes starting from MArch, 28th. If they are at such a low pace of data entrying. I seriously doubt on these people's intelligence. I was kidding that when I said they are kindergardern graduates. But my friends told me seriously that DOL people are just high school graduates with some job training. No wonder they are so slow and they don't know math. I tried to be patient but as a human being, my patience has been worn out by the situation. :rolleyes:

BTW, I saw different people calculated the total # for both BEC. So what is the final # of cases stuck in two BEC? Can somebody general suggest me?

email address to Secretary Chao

yours_sincerely said:
Librau,
You can ask your employer/HR department to contact Phily BEC through phone or email. Also, send an email to Secretary Ms. Chao. Although she can't do much about the backlog (I am sure her staff reads her emails and not her, and takes action on them), you can get a case number through them faster.
Can anyone kindly provide me email address of Secretary Chao?

Timing for 45-day letter

I am trying to find out how long back PEC started to send out the letters. It will give me some idea where do I stand in the queue. I got my letter on Feb'08 and my lawyer did not respond it till Feb'28(for him its no big deal). My case was filed in MD on Dec'01 and reached then called PA regional DOL on Jan'04.

I hear people got letter as early as in Dec'04 is that true ?

atyagi73 said:
I am trying to find out how long back PEC started to send out the letters. It will give me some idea where do I stand in the queue. I got my letter on Feb'08 and my lawyer did not respond it till Feb'28(for him its no big deal). My case was filed in MD on Dec'01 and reached then called PA regional DOL on Jan'04.

I hear people got letter as early as in Dec'04 is that true ?

As far as I know:

Philly BPC - first letter was sent 12/17/2004
Dallas BPC - first letter was sent 12/15/2004

liaoguoxf said:
Thank you Spidey,
I don't understand one thing you said below:
what do you mean by last 6 months, my lawyer told me it will take 3 month to get the job order, pwd, and ad before i can actually file PERM, then its another 45-60days to get approval/rejection. Why do i need recruiting efforts from the last 6 month? Am I terribly missing something? thanks.

Same thing. The PERM rules require that advertising be done in the 6 months immediately preceeding the PERM application. Seems your lawyer is already considering this rule...

3. Is your company supportive of the documentation and processes that will be involved with filing under PERM (remember you need advertising and recruiting efforts from the last 6 months, this is an administrative burden on your employer even if you are willing to bear the cost)

Means your company will have to go through any resumes that are received and interview candidates iff they match the requirements etc...

[/QUOTE

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

XXXXXX XXXXXX

YES Congratulations.
We know Boston DOL is working while Philly BPC is not. But goodluck you have an approved LC now..

Can't beleive it

Friends,

Can any one direct me how to check my labor case status using the case number P-XXXXX-XXXX. Is there any website to check the status?

Thanks,
Ciril99

ciril99 said:
Friends,

Can any one direct me how to check my labor case status using the case number P-XXXXX-XXXX. Is there any website to check the status?

Thanks,
Ciril99

Currently only place to look for is immigrationportal.com threads :)
NO DOL web sites untill now.

Last edited by a moderator:
liaoguoxf said:
Hi folks,
not sure if this should be posted on BPC forum or PERM forum.
I have a pending LC, EB2, RIR, PD Jan03 from PA, RD Sept03, currently at BPC. Now I have a chance to refile it under PERM. my questions are:
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid.
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen?
3. my lawyer told me it will take 1.5yr to get my old LC approved, the lawyer at Rajiv Khanna's firm said 2-3yr since it is a 2003 case. i know this is a million $$ question, but would anyone of you give your estimate?

Can anyone shed some light? can any one recommend a good lawyer/law firm that i can get a second opinion? i guess its better paying a couple of hundred bucks upfront than throwing the $5000 without knowing anything.

thanks.

I think DOL will come out and clarify that labor application will be withdrawn automatically from BEC if you filled for different position for the same employer under PERM. And I think it makes sense, if thats not the case we will have big mess where many beneficiaries will have application at BEC and in PERM, both backlogged and visa number retrogressed.

Personally I feel that PERM is not magic wand, it will be far tougher to get your case certify under PERM than through RIR. Moreover if DOL is really interested in adjudicating legitimate applications, they would have done that way before.

Its my take from the begining that PERM is here to haunt us. Remember because of PERM we have BEC now. Without PERM, all state agencies would have completed 6-8 months of applications by this time (Nov 2004 - today).

Also, its in lawyer's (except Rajiv and some other) interest that, BEC doesn't approve our cases for long time so that we keep on geting their help to get extension (and many other processes/applications). Moreover lawyer's are the only one who gains if you have double application, BEC and PERM. So asking them for advice doesn't make sense. Its like asking a dentist if its good idea to visit him/her to clean my teeth every six month.

This is just my opinion, I am sorry if someone who is planning for PERM, gets discouraged by my message.

gtao said:
Can't believe it.
Just called our lawyer and she said it's a miracle since most of the cases are still pending so far.

Yours could have fallen in open category at SWA, what is means is by March 27, the case could have been opened for analysis at SWA and we all know that regional cases are still processed at Boston.

05/24/2005: First PERM Approvals

* AILA sources confirm that the first PERM approvals were mailed out yesterday from Chicago National Processing Center. The Atlanta National Processing Center also started mailing out the first PERM approval beginning from today. There are at this time two 64 million dollar questions: One is "how many" and the other is "what kind of jobs." Please stay tuned.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com