Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Congratulation Man !!!!!

juntha said:
My LC application (non-RIR) was sent in May 2001 to SC employment office.

I finally got this freaking 45 days letter by mail Saturday. Now i got a brand new ETA case number
The letter was faxed back to then the minute i got it ;)

Wooohoooo !
45-Day BPC Letter Replied: Mar 23, 2005
Philly BPC Case # P-0502*-*****

Happy for you ..

thats the spirit

its good to see people getting happy even though its just 45 day letter...

keep up the spirit.

we will reach there.

Hi..

With in the back log reduction center is there the concept of State / Federal? Once your file is opened will there be state / federal approval or just one time labor clearance? Can any one comment?

Thanks..

ajaysri said:
Hi..

With in the back log reduction center is there the concept of State / Federal? Once your file is opened will there be state / federal approval or just one time labor clearance? Can any one comment?

Thanks..

BEC does one step process. It follows all the process in one shot & approves the case. SWA case will take little longer then Regional Case as little longer process is required.

gp111 said:
BEC does one step process. It follows all the process in one shot & approves the case. SWA case will take little longer then Regional Case as little longer process is required.

that "little longer" could be 4 yrs, 5 yrs or may be your life time. Who knows.

Hi All,

I might be posting my questioon in the wrong forum but if anyone has any info. for me please reply.

My question is how do I know when exactly my 6-year limit of H1-B expires? I came here as a student and got my practical trainee (OPT) visa and finally converted to H1. I rexcently got my H1 extenstion uptill 2007 but I think that exceeds my 6 year limit.

So who keeps track of this 6 year limit? If anyone knows please let me know.

dc_dude said:
Hi All,

I might be posting my questioon in the wrong forum but if anyone has any info. for me please reply.

My question is how do I know when exactly my 6-year limit of H1-B expires? I came here as a student and got my practical trainee (OPT) visa and finally converted to H1. I rexcently got my H1 extenstion uptill 2007 but I think that exceeds my 6 year limit.

So who keeps track of this 6 year limit? If anyone knows please let me know.

USCIS keeps tabs on your 6 yr limit and chances are you are not exceeding your 7 yr limit in by 2007 if you got your first H1 extension after you got on the H1 bandwagon....
If you think your first H1 was approved in 2001, then 2007 sounds like 6 yrs since you got it.

Otherwise, if your first H1 was earlier than 2001, then someone may have made a mistake and you could have gotten lucky although its not such a big deal since you are eligible for extensions beyond 6 yrs if your LC is pending for more than 1 year by the time your 6 yr limit runs out.

New case number - Philly Back log centre

Hi Gurus,

My attorney had moved to MA from NJ and despite my repeated e-mails about my new case number, he is not responding. My Labor ( Non RIR) was filed in May 2002 in NJ. I am doubtful whether my attorney has submitted his new changed address to DOL.

Further my company has moved to new location and I have requested my attorney to intimate DOL about the change of company address. I am not fully confident whether he has done it.

Can any one suggest me how should I know about the issue of case number? What if Philly has sent to old address which I would not be getting it. What are the imlications of 45 day letter not reached?

Appreciate your suggestions/comments

For librau

Librau,
You can ask your employer/HR department to contact Phily BEC through phone or email. Also, send an email to Secretary Ms. Chao. Although she can't do much about the backlog (I am sure her staff reads her emails and not her, and takes action on them), you can get a case number through them faster.

Some_GreenCard said:
It is frustrating that i havent recd 45 days letter ... i know iam not the only one in that boat...

Don't worry. You'll get it very soon. May be between June 20-25th. I bet.

yours_sincerely said:
Librau,
You can ask your employer/HR department to contact Phily BEC through phone or email. Also, send an email to Secretary Ms. Chao. Although she can't do much about the backlog (I am sure her staff reads her emails and not her, and takes action on them), you can get a case number through them faster.

Thanks a lot Yours_sincerely. Appreciate if phone & e-mail ID is provided.
Once again advance thanks.

My 2 cents...

Hi dc_dude,
The Visa issued(Renewal / Extension(s)) by USCIS is calculated based on ur First Entry (On I-94) into US, with an H1. As far as I know, even you had ur H1 approved in 2K, got stamped the same year, but came into US in 2001(I-94). Then your visa can be extended after completion of 6 years (2001 + 6).

Anyway, It's my own thoughts on Immigration issues(H1). Pls see my disclaimer before you proceed further.

Good Luck !!

Thanks,
Immidude74

spidey said:
USCIS keeps tabs on your 6 yr limit and chances are you are not exceeding your 7 yr limit in by 2007 if you got your first H1 extension after you got on the H1 bandwagon....
If you think your first H1 was approved in 2001, then 2007 sounds like 6 yrs since you got it.

Otherwise, if your first H1 was earlier than 2001, then someone may have made a mistake and you could have gotten lucky although its not such a big deal since you are eligible for extensions beyond 6 yrs if your LC is pending for more than 1 year by the time your 6 yr limit runs out.

Anand_Mishra said:
No approval so no body talks. Philly is long behind Dallas. :(

Not exactly true. Per BEC last update Philly is ahead in Data Entry. My guess is that Philly is working to finish data entry before they switch efforts to processings. such a bad news for those with early PDs.