Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

AILA has comprehensive site that list all the media and political contacts. You can also send message to 5 contacts directly just by one click. Friends, use this site, take action and reaffirm the meaning of "soon" (as some optimistic members are saying since last year that we will get it soon).AILA "take action" page

i do not think it will be any use

all about politics ... I dont like them ...

luckylucky said:
I think we should really write letter to Ms. Zhao again to complain about the situation in Pilly BEC. It has been already 1 year behing Dallas! I cannot believe they are focus on data entry for now. I think it is an excuse for them not competent at their jobs. Maybe they are too slow on learning how to give approval so they have to focus on no-brainer's jobs for now. Can they switch people between two BEC?

probably yes

if he's filing for EB2 or he's not from those countries, such as India, China and Philipine..., he can now file 140 and 485. The eligibility to filing depends on visa bulletin.

chinglun said:
sorry I am always confused by the PERM and old labor cert ...

Does this mean this person will get green card faster ?

Last edited by a moderator:
just curious

fogman1 said:
if he's filing for EB2 or he's not from those countries, such as India, China and Philipine..., he can now file 140 and 485. The eligibility to filing depends on visa bulletin.

Are the companies you worked for willing (happily or they dont care ) switch your old filing to the PERM ?

Did lawyers recommend switching ? At least , mine does not recommend doing so at this moment ...

This delay is going to scew us when time come for I140 and 485

GCSyndrome said:
Not exactly true. Per BEC last update Philly is ahead in Data Entry. My guess is that Philly is working to finish data entry before they switch efforts to processings. such a bad news for those with early PDs.

They go as if there is some secret thing is going i=on philly. F*****

Yates Memorandum of March 20, 2000 on Acceptable EB-2 Labor Certification Application

As we reported earlier, currently EB-3 numbers are heavily backlogged for China, India, and the Philippines. The State Department predicts the situation may get worse for China and India EB-3 numbers in the future. Moreover, EB-3 numbers may retrogress worldwide as early as the end of the year. Accordingly, the employment-community is increasing directing their attentions to the rules on the EB-2 labor certification applications which are acceptable by the USCIS for the purpose of EB-2 I-140 petitions.

# This rule is articulated and elaborated in details by Mr. William Yates in his memorandum on this issues dated March 20, 2000 and the memorandum was afterwards published in the federal register on Mary 27, 2000. This rule indicates that the job does not have to require a master's degree to make the job a EB-2 case. The job that requires a bachelor's degree plus five years of experience standing alone meets the EB-2 requirement. In drafting the PERM application, this rule is very important because most of the PERM applications that required a master's degree and as an alternative, required a bachelor's degree plus five years of experience have been denied by the DOL if the alien was qualified by the alternative qualification requirement. In other words, when an alien does not have a master's degree, the PERM application should not even mention a requirement of master's degree.

# It is time for people to revisit our posting on March 27, 2000 that summarized the Yates' March 20, 2000 as follows:

* "Updated 03/27/00: At Last! EB-2 Advanced Degree Equivalency INS HQ Memorandum Released!!
INS HQ at last released the long-awaited memorandum settling all the puzzles relating to the "equivalent" to Master's degree issues for the EB-2 qualification in connection with ETA 750 Part A. Good news. It has accepted all the liberal views, overriding the narrow and conservative views of some of the Service Centers.
This memorandum is relevant to those who do not have a master's degree but attempt to make EB-2 case. The following rules clarify how BS or BA people can make EB-2 case when employer requires 5 or more years of work experience. The following summary requires the reader's understanding of the issues surrounding Master's equivalent issues.
Summary:

(1)INS cannot reject EB-2 petition where "progressive" language is not written in ETA 750, Item 14 of ETA 750 Part A.

(2)Each of the following option is acceptable for EB-2, each standing alone:

(a-1) Item 14: Education - M.S., M.A., or Equivalent; Experience - 0

(a) Item 14: Education - B.S. (or foreign equiv); Experience - 5 years job offered or related occupation

(b) Item 14: Education - M.S.or equiv**; Experience - 3 years job offered or related occupation, and in Item 15: **Will consider candidates with BS and 5 yrs experience.

(c) Item 14: Education - M.S. or equiv**; Experience - 3 years job offered or related occupation, and in Item 15: Bachelor's degree in XXX or academic equivalent, and 5 years of progressive experience will substitute for Master's degree in XXX and 3 years of such experience.
Revolutionary rule: "Unless the ETA 750 clearly and explicitly requires that the level of experience that a Master's applicant must have must be post-magisterial experience," in both (b) and (c) above, the applicant does not have to prove BS+5 yrs+3 yrs exp. The 3 years of experience requirement can include the 3 years which are used to make up "5 years." In other words, simply BS+5 yrs of exp requirement in (b) and (c) above makes it equivalent to MS+ 3 yrs exp requirement, unless additional experience is clearly and explicitly required by the employer in ETA 750 Item 14!!! Kudos!!!
By the same token, unless clearly and explicitly required, alien who has just earned MS with no post-MS experience can meet (b) or (c) if the alien gained such experience before MS.
Salute to the INS HQ!"

This memorandum is still valid and good!

Click here for Yates Memorandum

source: immigration-law

With reference to the message by ORissa:

Education Qualifications - BE (india); MS (US).
Indian Work Exp - 2 yrs.
Work exp in US after MS - 4 yrs (in same company for last 4 yrs)
GC applied - EB-3 (RIR) using BE+2 yrs - Simple reason I did not qualify for the EB-2 category based on the salary requirements (MS+2) and the rules to have BS+5 yrs work exp. Anyways.

My questions:

1. Can I change my case now to EB-2 category ? because of change in the rule.

Correct me if am wrong......Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Question about refiling under PERM pls help

Hi folks,
not sure if this should be posted on BPC forum or PERM forum.
I have a pending LC, EB2, RIR, PD Jan03 from PA, RD Sept03, currently at BPC. Now I have a chance to refile it under PERM. my questions are:
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid.
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen?
3. my lawyer told me it will take 1.5yr to get my old LC approved, the lawyer at Rajiv Khanna's firm said 2-3yr since it is a 2003 case. i know this is a million $$ question, but would anyone of you give your estimate?

Can anyone shed some light? can any one recommend a good lawyer/law firm that i can get a second opinion? i guess its better paying a couple of hundred bucks upfront than throwing the $5000 without knowing anything.

thanks.

liaoguoxf said:
Can anyone shed some light? can any one recommend a good lawyer/law firm that i can get a second opinion? i guess its better paying a couple of hundred bucks upfront than throwing the $5000 without knowing anything.

thanks.

I believe that every lawyer will have an opinion and their opinions will contradict and potentially confuse you.

Here's what I would do, size up my own situation. If your PD is 2003, chances are you are looking at 6 to 10 months for LC approval from BPCs. Maybe more, most times lawyers will give you worst case scenario when you are already in the queue and best case scenarious when you are in the pre-sales process. This is normal business practice and I am positive you are not surprised.

So, with PERM you are getting best case scenarios. What matters is the following:
1. Are you able to prove without a doubt your LC application for EB2 in PERM.
2. Are you willing and able to shoulder the cost.
3. Is your company supportive of the documentation and processes that will be involved with filing under PERM (remember you need advertising and recruiting efforts from the last 6 months, this is an administrative burden on your employer even if you are willing to bear the cost)

If the answers are Yes, then I would go with PERM. Otherwise it maybe useless especially because as many have pointed out, PERMs are geared towards rejection NOT approval.
Also, PERM is new enough that very few people have any experience with them thus far. By the time you get a lawyer to file this appropriately, chances are you will have spent at least 2 to 3 months and will know more about BPCs.
And lets not forget the impact of EB3 retrogression only getting worse and more widespread by the end of this year as is expected AND EB2's also retrogressing soon.

I think your 2003 PD maybe a valuable thing in light of the retrogression although it is correct that if you file for different position, you can file new application under PERM without losing your original application's PD status.
How the DOL reacts to such duplicate applications is yet to be seen.

Of course, I am no expert and this is just an opinion.... the usual disclaimer :D

liaoguoxf said:
Hi folks,
I have a pending LC, EB2, RIR, PD Jan03 from PA, RD Sept03, currently at BPC. Now I have a chance to refile it under PERM. my questions are:
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid.
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen?
3. my lawyer told me it will take 1.5yr to get my old LC approved, the lawyer at Rajiv Khanna's firm said 2-3yr since it is a 2003 case. i know this is a million $$ question, but would anyone of you give your estimate?

thanks.

Hi,

Iam going thur Michael Khosla in Cincinati,Ohio for PERM processing.
I am filing fresh application thru a different company ,my old LC is pending in BEC.Never know when you get that.

liaoguoxf said:
Hi folks,
1.my lawyer told me not to convert, just file a new LC with the same position and same employer. since there are no rules saying that the old LC will be pulled out, so I can go ahead do the new LC and let the old one stay with BPC. is it true? "Most of Attorney's Websites feel this way"I had a consulation with one lawyer from Rajiv Khanna's office and they confirmed what my lawyer said. but another lawyer recommended by a friend from NYC said otherwise. That is, there IS a risk that my old LC will become invalid. "Spidey has well said about this"
2. is it worth converting? how likely you think the EB2 retrogression will happen? "Maintaining PD is very important, whats the use of LC without having chane of fileing 485"

"There are some postings on these sites that as of now April 2002 and Aug 2002 have been approved, Do the projecections your selves"

"If I were you i will try a New LC with New Firm in New PERM procedure which has approval rate of only single digit percentage. if it gets rejected nothing to loose ,since you allready have backup"
thanks.

Old Indian saying
"Never trash what is in possession (hand) looking into the wonder Mirror":)

BPC Progress Update

JustWatching said:
Latest data entry numbers:

September 10,000
October 20,000
November 16,000
December 1,000
January 37,800
February 5,200
March 4,000
April (as of April 27) 21,100

Total - as of April 27 is 116,000 cases

Disclaimer: Yes I know if you add up the numbers it doesn't add up to 116,000. I am rounding month by month numbers.

This is for BOTH Backlog Centers. Sorry there is no way to split up entry by Backlog Center.

These are cases entered into the system and not 45-day letter counts.

Looking good. As you may be aware 45-day letters have been pretty much non-existent in May. I thought one reason could be that they were focusing on data entry (I know this flies in the face of what Icarus says, I'm just stating what the tracker tells me and that's it. I won't be arguing with anyone about this topic)

As of May 3 - 128,000 cases had been entered. That means 12,000 cases were entered between April 27 and May 3. This would be on track for end of summer data entry completion...and the letters would come after? Just speculating.

Thank you Spidey,
I don't understand one thing you said below:
what do you mean by last 6 months, my lawyer told me it will take 3 month to get the job order, pwd, and ad before i can actually file PERM, then its another 45-60days to get approval/rejection. Why do i need recruiting efforts from the last 6 month? Am I terribly missing something? thanks.

3. Is your company supportive of the documentation and processes that will be involved with filing under PERM (remember you need advertising and recruiting efforts from the last 6 months, this is an administrative burden on your employer even if you are willing to bear the cost)

liaoguoxf said:
Thank you Spidey,
I don't understand one thing you said below:
what do you mean by last 6 months, my lawyer told me it will take 3 month to get the job order, pwd, and ad before i can actually file PERM, then its another 45-60days to get approval/rejection. Why do i need recruiting efforts from the last 6 month? Am I terribly missing something? thanks.

Try this lawyer - (301) 949 9079

Question to JustWatching

Hi JustWatching,

There are about 200,000 cases not ented in the system (350,000 - 120000),
and the pace is 12000 every month, how can they finish around this Summer?

Got LC?

My company got a mail.

The Department of Labor has made a determination on your Application for
Employment Certification pursuant to Title 20, Code of Federal Regulations,
Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and is enclosed. This certification must be
attached to the I-140 petition and filed with the Immigration and
Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Eastern Service Center, 75
Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Regional Certifying Officer

Out case was filed in Sep, 2003 from boston and never heard anything from it until today. No 45 days letter received.

Does it mean we get LC and could file I-140/I-485?
Can't beleive it

thedream said:
Hi JustWatching,

good question. I also doubt on it. If they just at this type of slow pace to enter data, how slow they will approve cases? BTW, is the source reliable?

thedream said:
Hi JustWatching,

Yes, I knew this would happen after I read my posting. Let me clarify.

12,000 cases were entered in 5 days. That's 2,400 cases / day

In order to enter 200,000 cases at 2,400 cases / day, it would take 83 business days. That would put us at the end of August 2005.

I have also done trends over time (average time over last few months). If you do this, the end date at this point is January 2006.

The truth probably lies somewhere in between - maybe October 2005.

gtao said:
My company got a mail.

The Department of Labor has made a determination on your Application for
Employment Certification pursuant to Title 20, Code of Federal Regulations,
Part 656 and as required by the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Form ETA 750 has been certified and is enclosed. This certification must be
attached to the I-140 petition and filed with the Immigration and
Naturalization Service, U.S. Department of Justice, Eastern Service Center, 75
Lower Welden Street, St. Albans, Vermont 05479-0001.

XXXXXX XXXXXX
Regional Certifying Officer

Out case was filed in Sep, 2003 from boston and never heard anything from it until today. No 45 days letter received.

Does it mean we get LC and could file I-140/I-485?
Can't beleive it

OMG i dont know but i do hope so.... God Bless thanks so much for let us know
Are u EB?
RIR?
Was your case moved from State or federal level???
One more time GOD BLESS YOU!