Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Just waiting around in MD

I have been waiting since November 2001. Filed in MD. RIR EB2
MD approved my case and sent it to Regional for adjudication, then this whole mess began and god knows when I will get my LC. To think that I still have I-140 and I-485 to go....

The following is a message posted by someone in San Francisco Regional DOL Tracker. Dallas BEC has really started processing cases....See below:

#################################################

12th May 2005, 06:21 PM
tgunukula
Registered User Join Date: Apr 2004

I got LC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi fellow members.
Today i got email from lawyer saying that my labor application is aparoved. Mine was in Dallas BES center. That means they started processing. My priority date is 4/02 and RD is first week 0f 5/03. Got 45 daya love letter in Jan 05. replied on 20 the JAN. Hopefully we will meet all you in 140 tracker. GOD 3years waiting. Dont know what happens in 140 and 485.
RD May 2003
Recieved and replied to letter from Dallas BEC on 1/3/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
PHL DOL --> Assholes

sb41 said:
GREAT NEWS!!!! I haven't heard a single positive news coming from Philly DOL. SIGH...

It is a rotten center now . PHL BRC another stupid place. All sadist.
They don't work. Look at the speed of data entry. I wish to shoot them all.

mamamiax said:
It is a rotten center now . PHL BRC another stupid place. All sadist.
They don't work. Look at the speed of data entry. I wish to shoot them all.

I agree, those f**k**g a$$****s at philly don't want to move there fat a$$es and get to work, they are still doing data entry, why? does it take them 120 seconds to find each key on keyboard or they just plain f*****g dumb, they are nothing but rotten piece of $**t. I was hoping to see atleast one confirmed approval from philly till now. Dallas has already moved to 2002 and these people are still doing data entry, ba$***ds.

oh well, I am done, thats my rant for the day.

Breaking news

Bi-Partisan Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill Introduced in the Senate

•Today, a bill entitled "The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005" was introduced in the U.S. Senate which include the concept of legalization of illegal aliens for temporary employment in the form of a new visa, H-5A and H-5B, and adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident working in such temporary nonimmigrant workers for four years without the employer sponsorship. The following are the excerpts relevant to the legalization program under this bill:

Essential Worker Visa Program

•Creates a new temporary visa to allow foreign workers to enter and fill available jobs that require few or no skills (the H-5A visa)

source:immigration-law.com

•Applicants must show that they have a job waiting in the U.S., pay a fee of $500 in addition to application fees, and clear all security, medical, and other checks

•Requires updating of America's Job Bank to make sure job opportunities are seen first by American workers

•Initial cap on H-5A visas is set at 400,000, but the annual limit will be gradually adjusted up or down based on demand in subsequent years

•Visa is valid for three years, and can be renewed one time for a total of 6 years; at the end of the visa period the worker either has to return home or be in the pipeline for a green card

•Visa is portable, but if the worker loses his job he has to find another one within 60 days or return home

•Ensures that employers hiring temporary workers abide by Federal, state and local labor, employment and tax laws

•Prohibits the hiring of temporary workers as independent contractors

•Protects temporary workers from abuse by foreign labor contractors or employers.

•Gives temporary workers and U.S. workers remedies for violations of their rights

•An employer can sponsor the H-5A visa holder for a green card, or after accumulating four years of work in H-5A status, the worker can apply to adjust status on his/her own

•Sets up a task force to evaluate the H-5A program and recommend improvements

Adjustment of Status for H-5B Non-Immigrants

• Undocumented immigrants in the U.S. on date of introduction can register for a temporary visa (H-5B), valid for six years

• Applicants have to show work history, clean criminal record, and that they are not a security problem to be eligible for a temporary visa

• They will receive work and travel authorization

• Their spouses and children are also eligible

• In order to qualify for permanent status, workers will have to meet a future work requirement, clear additional security/background checks, pay substantial fines and application fees ($2000 or more per adult) as well as back taxes, and meet English/civics requirements

source: immigration-law.com

orissa said:

•Today, a bill entitled "The Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005" was introduced in the U.S. Senate which include the concept of legalization of illegal aliens for temporary employment in the form of a new visa, H-5A and H-5B, and adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident working in such temporary nonimmigrant workers for four years without the employer sponsorship. The following are the excerpts relevant to the legalization program under this bill:

•Creates a new temporary visa to allow foreign workers to enter and fill available jobs that require few or no skills (the H-5A visa)

•Applicants must show that they have a job waiting in the U.S., pay a fee of $500 in addition to application fees, and clear all security, medical, and other checks

•Requires updating of America's Job Bank to make sure job opportunities are seen first by American workers

•Initial cap on H-5A visas is set at 400,000, but the annual limit will be gradually adjusted up or down based on demand in subsequent years

•Visa is valid for three years, and can be renewed one time for a total of 6 years; at the end of the visa period the worker either has to return home or be in the pipeline for a green card

•Visa is portable, but if the worker loses his job he has to find another one within 60 days or return home

•Ensures that employers hiring temporary workers abide by Federal, state and local labor, employment and tax laws

•Protects temporary workers from abuse by foreign labor contractors or employers.

•Gives temporary workers and U.S. workers remedies for violations of their rights

•An employer can sponsor the H-5A visa holder for a green card, or after accumulating four years of work in H-5A status, the worker can apply to adjust status on his/her own

• Undocumented immigrants in the U.S. on date of introduction can register for a temporary visa (H-5B), valid for six years

• Applicants have to show work history, clean criminal record, and that they are not a security problem to be eligible for a temporary visa

• In order to qualify for permanent status, workers will have to meet a future work requirement, clear additional security/background checks, pay substantial fines and application fees ($2000 or more per adult) as well as back taxes, and meet English/civics requirements

Read at the bottom for the legal Immigrants...

Ok Here is some good news from above bill............

SEC. 214. ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT.

(a) EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS- Section 212(t) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(t)), as amended by section 213, is further amended by adding after paragraph (11) the following:

`(12)(A) Nonimmigrant aliens admitted or otherwise provided status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible for an employment-based immigrant visa pursuant to section 203(b)(3) and adjustment of status pursuant to section 245.

`(B) Pursuant to subparagraph (A), for purposes of adjustment of status under section 245(a) or issuance of an immigrant visa under section 203(b)(3), employment-based immigrant visas shall be made available, without regard to any numerical limitation imposed by section 201 or 202, to an alien having nonimmigrant status described in clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) upon the filing of a petition for such a visa by--

`(i) the employer or any collective bargaining agent of the alien; or

`(ii) the alien, provided the alien has been employed under such nonimmigrant status for at least 3 years.

`(C) The spouse or child of an alien granted status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible as a derivative beneficiary for an immigrant visa and adjustment of status.'.

(b) DUAL INTENT- Section 214(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(h)) is amended by inserting `(H)(ii)(b), (H)(ii)(c),' after `(H)(i),'.

check the page 27 of attachment @
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1147681#post1147681

country for the brave?

Illegal immigrants are brave, therefore to be rewarded. "legal" immigrants like us are to be screwed for paying taxes, for obeying the law. and you want to complain? they'll impose a 30 day and then a 15 day letters on you. can you do anything? does anyone listen? now go back to your h-1b desk, and write a program.

Better to be an illegal?

I dont think that bill help H1b's ( 3 years clause)

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
Ok Here is some good news from above bill............

SEC. 214. ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TO LAWFUL PERMANENT RESIDENT.

(a) EMPLOYMENT-BASED IMMIGRANT VISAS- Section 212(t) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1182(t)), as amended by section 213, is further amended by adding after paragraph (11) the following:

`(12)(A) Nonimmigrant aliens admitted or otherwise provided status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible for an employment-based immigrant visa pursuant to section 203(b)(3) and adjustment of status pursuant to section 245.

`(B) Pursuant to subparagraph (A), for purposes of adjustment of status under section 245(a) or issuance of an immigrant visa under section 203(b)(3), employment-based immigrant visas shall be made available, without regard to any numerical limitation imposed by section 201 or 202, to an alien having nonimmigrant status described in clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) upon the filing of a petition for such a visa by--

`(i) the employer or any collective bargaining agent of the alien; or

`(ii) the alien, provided the alien has been employed under such nonimmigrant status for at least 3 years.

`(C) The spouse or child of an alien granted status under clause (ii)(b) or (ii)(c) of section 101(a)(15)(H) shall be eligible as a derivative beneficiary for an immigrant visa and adjustment of status.'.

(b) DUAL INTENT- Section 214(h) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1184(h)) is amended by inserting `(H)(ii)(b), (H)(ii)(c),' after `(H)(i),'.

I tell you. we are bound to be illegal one day looking at the atitude of these asshol

richshi said:
Illegal immigrants are brave, therefore to be rewarded. "legal" immigrants like us are to be screwed for paying taxes, for obeying the law. and you want to complain? they'll impose a 30 day and then a 15 day letters on you. can you do anything? does anyone listen? now go back to your h-1b desk, and write a program.

Better to be an illegal?

orissa said:

This bills sound way too good for illegal aliens and somwhat good for legal aliens. I am sure it will have a lot of challenges to get the Senate's approval.

Why not wait and see.
I think thats what many members believe we should do.

I mentioned that many times that if we dont take this issue in our hand, its going to be worse.

If this bill passes through, I won't be surprised if Philadelphis BEC starts adjudcating illegals application before ours.

People had lot of faith in DOL for many years, now its time we take some action. Visit the thread in my signature and support this noble cause.

You know whats best way to tackle this ?, we all get together at the root cause of the problem, lets all meet in front of BEC Philadelphia.

There is very fine line between tolerance and impotence.

There are so many DOL gimmicks (BEC, PERM, 45 day letter, 245(i)), nobody could justify waiting now.

mvinays said:
This bills sound way too good for illegal aliens and somwhat good for legal aliens. I am sure it will have a lot of challenges to get the Senate's approval.

How is it good for legal aliens like us. I mean, when I see it the first thing that pops into my mind is -- "It increases the workload on the DOL and other immigration related govt agencies."

That means its got to be worse for all of us who are legal and already waiting in the system... isn't the reason we are all stuck in DOL the bill 245i from 2002 when the administration granted illegals chance to file for labor certs... if that chocked the system then, how will this be any better... and lets not get into how the BEC's were created to overcome that chokehold.. we all know how efficient BEC's are...

so NO I dont think it's good for anyone except the govt, they get the Latino votes and more $$$ by virtue of fees and tax $$$ paid by illegals trying to become legal.

Guys!!!

Just wanted to share something. I called the Philadelphia BEC a few minutes ago and asked wheather they started processing any cases. The lady told me that they started looking into the cases last Monday. When i asked if they had completed the DataEntry?? She did not reply anything. When i asked the same question again... she said i dont think so.. but you should see approvals for the 2001 cases.

spidey said:
How is it good for legal aliens like us. I mean, when I see it the first thing that pops into my mind is -- "It increases the workload on the DOL and other immigration related govt agencies."

That means its got to be worse for all of us who are legal and already waiting in the system... isn't the reason we are all stuck in DOL the bill 245i from 2002 when the administration granted illegals chance to file for labor certs... if that chocked the system then, how will this be any better... and lets not get into how the BEC's were created to overcome that chokehold.. we all know how efficient BEC's are...

so NO I dont think it's good for anyone except the govt, they get the Latino votes and more $$$ by virtue of fees and tax $$$ paid by illegals trying to become legal.

I said that it is somewhat good for legal aliens because this bill proposes to raise the immigrant visa cap from 140K to 290K for EB-categories. At least EB3 folks from India, China and Filipines do not have to suffer from retrogression.

raj_vagc_oct02 said:
Guys!!!

Just wanted to share something. I called the Philadelphia BEC a few minutes ago and asked wheather they started processing any cases. The lady told me that they started looking into the cases last Monday. When i asked if they had completed the DataEntry?? She did not reply anything. When i asked the same question again... she said i dont think so.. but you should see approvals for the 2001 cases.

Great news! Everyone in the Philly BEC forum is desperate to see some approvals from Philly BEC. Dallas BEC thread has 4 reported approvals, so far. Philly has none which is frustrating.

USCISisMockery said:
Why not wait and see.
I think thats what many members believe we should do.

I mentioned that many times that if we dont take this issue in our hand, its going to be worse.

If this bill passes through, I won't be surprised if Philadelphis BEC starts adjudcating illegals application before ours.

People had lot of faith in DOL for many years, now its time we take some action. Visit the thread in my signature and support this noble cause.

You know whats best way to tackle this ?, we all get together at the root cause of the problem, lets all meet in front of BEC Philadelphia.

There is very fine line between tolerance and impotence.

There are so many DOL gimmicks (BEC, PERM, 45 day letter, 245(i)), nobody could justify waiting now.

I agree with USCISisMockery! Let's all meet infront of BEC Philadelphia.

I'm willing to drive to Phili, if everyone agrees.

These people won't care of legal workers!

Ciril99

Please dont quote large postings. Pretty please!!!

May I please request dear bloggers to not quote large paras. It will be great to see a lot of info on my small screened laptop or PDA (showing off my modesty).
I am developing criminal instincts towards the PBEC (just kidding). I think some one mentioned that they are taking 120 seconds to find a key, he is right. Full points to you, they take more time to delete that wrong key they "found", we all know that the majority of ethncity in that area and we all know there tendencies towards "work" where as Dallas and all can hire cheaper labor and we all know their ethnicity also. Dallas is a cheaper place to live so the federal wages may inspire them to work harder and they know that there is more competition there....work or be fired.
There is no such pressure in Philly. Those SOB and Byt...ch...s dont work at all. And I am not done for the day...
I think I am suppposed to loose hope of getting GC just about now.

On top of all that MD is slow, no I take that back, it is frikking dead.
==================================
PD: XXX 04
State: MD
Classification: EB3 RIR
(yeah i know i am screwed) :rolleyes: