Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

How to find status yourself ?

Does anyone know how to find out if the case has progressed ? Meaning, I have case number T-XXXX .... that I got for my 7th year extension. Now, I just want to find out if any progress has been made on this. Note that, my 7th year extension is already approved, and this is just to find out for myself.

Is it true that only attorneys and the company can ask for this information ?

Thanks !
PD: Aug-2004
No 45 day letter

jcgc Quote:
Originally Posted by StressTestInUSA
T is temporary data entry, P is total data entry done.When the case # changes from T to P you can expect a 45 day letter. Ask for a screenshot from time to time(maybe 1's in 2 weeks), your attny and the employer will get the letter from PBEC.

Have any of you requested the screenshot yourself (not your employer/lawyer). If so what are the details we need to include in the request and how do we send the request. Hope those who requested screenshots didnt have any issues (as i understand that this was for employers / lawyers only and not the applicant).

Who do you email the screenshot to?

ped1 said:
I am new to this forum and below are the details to request a screen shot, you can use ur office email to get the sreen shot.

Subject: Proof of 7th year extension

Sir/Madam,

I would appreciate if you could send me a screen shot of my pending labor application as a proof for applying 7th year H1B visa extension. Below are the details of my application.

Date of Acceptance:

ETA Case No: P-04282-xxxx

Alien First Name: xxxx

Alien Last Name: xxxx

Company Name: xxxx

Company Address: xxxxx

RIR, EB2
State: DE
Priority date: Feb 03
45 days letter received - Feb 2005
45 days letter replied - Feb 2005

Close enough...

saknia said:
Hi

with the PBEC approvals in April 2006 Iam seeing some trend

Somekind of priority is being worked on like this. One should fall under combination of the following to get approved

1) Case has to be RIR and reached Region before

2) cases between 2001-June 2002

3) 45 Days Replied around Feb - Mar 2005

4) States for which there are no cases prior to 2002

5) State of the case should fall within States for which Officers are assigned
( Like we do not see approvals for Atlanta so far. Only CA, NY,VA,DC etc)

Ofcourse we might have cases which are 2001 and 45 days letter sent before Mar 2005 - Not sure what is holding these

However we also had some cases that never reached Region and states that had cases prior to 2002 was also cleared example NY

Last edited by a moderator:
saknia said:
Hi

Somekind of priority is being worked on like this. One should fall under combination of the following to get approved

Ofcourse we might have cases which are 2001 and 45 days letter sent before Mar 2005 - Not sure what is holding these

Saknia,

MY screenshot for my case shows "Source:Region", but when I checked in the DOL database which made to region for 2001/2002/2003/2004 I dont see my company name at all.Was this some fluke dataentry mistake...?

Even if they did some error. I wish they made my PD as 2001 instead of 2002, Anyways this is an EB3 case, god knows when the 'moksha' is around...

thanks for the analysis

For (2), is it to june or july ? this is because we got two july cases yesterday .

thanks again

saknia said:
Hi

Rally!!!

It would be better if we can do it in next 2 weeks when congress will be in session. we need their attention before they pass the law so the best time would be the day the senate reconvenes.

we need another poll to find out what most prefer, sunday or monday. I would say an excel sheet would be a good idea to gather everyone's opinion.
PBECiskillingme, take the lead and put out an excel sheet with name, where do they live, where would they like to protest(DC or Philly or NY or somewhere else), howmany people they plan to bring with them and what day they prefer sunday or monday.

also I think its better to do it in one place so there will be more people.

RALLY! RALLY!! RALLY!!!

Screenshot..

Folks,

Has anyone successfully tried getting the screenshot from yahoo or hotmail email. I am a dentist and don't have my office email. Please share your experience if any one has tried non-office email

Thanks in advance

ped1 said:
I am new to this forum and below are the details to request a screen shot, you can use ur office email to get the sreen shot.

Subject: Proof of 7th year extension

Sir/Madam,

I would appreciate if you could send me a screen shot of my pending labor application as a proof for applying 7th year H1B visa extension. Below are the details of my application.

Date of Acceptance:

ETA Case No: P-04282-xxxx

Alien First Name: xxxx

Alien Last Name: xxxx

Company Name: xxxx

Company Address: xxxxx

RIR, EB2
State: DE
Priority date: Feb 03
45 days letter received - Feb 2005
45 days letter replied - Feb 2005

coolestone said:
Folks,

Has anyone successfully tried getting the screenshot from yahoo or hotmail email. I am a dentist and don't have my office email. Please share your experience if any one has tried non-office email

Thanks in advance

had no prob with my yahoo acct. put sub as 'need screenshot for 7th yr H1B extn"....got reply within 2-3 hrs.

I have sent the email from my gmail account and have got a response back.

coolestone said:
Folks,

Thanks in advance

Guru's. Please share the info.

After 2 botched attempts through different employers , I have my third EB3 Petition(PD June 2002) pending due to Retrogression.
Most of the EB3 cases until June 2002 at the VSC have already been approved.Any idea what would be the scenario when the Pending cases at the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Centre come through? what i am trying to find here is how many of these cases would be Pre June 2002 ?As per my research,majority of Cases at the Philadelphia centre are post June 2002.

Processing Type?

Hi Friends,

I received screenshot from Backlog elimination for my 7th year extention.
Here are information
ETA Case Number: P-xxxxx-xxxxx Priority Date: 05/22/2003
Processing Type: TR

What is TR for processing type? I know R must be regular not RIR.
Is T meant for 45 day letter not confirmed. So far my employer not received any 45 days letter.

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks

StillAlive said:
Hi Friends,

I received screenshot from Backlog elimination for my 7th year extention.
Here are information
ETA Case Number: P-xxxxx-xxxxx Priority Date: 05/22/2003
Processing Type: TR

What is TR for processing type? I know R must be regular not RIR.
Is T meant for 45 day letter not confirmed. So far my employer not received any 45 days letter.

Your insight is appreciated.

Thanks

TR stands for Traditional Recruitment

P in your ETA case number means that the 45DL is in the mail or soon to be. Data Entry is complete.

How to check Case Status Yourself !

:confused: :confused:

Can anyone help me through the process ? I have T- XXXX.... number, and would like to check the status. Few months back, my 7th year extension has been applied and approved. That's how I got this number. Can I check the status by sending an e-mail ?

Thanks !
No 45 day letter

ct_rk said:
Does anyone know how to find out if the case has progressed ? Meaning, I have case number T-XXXX .... that I got for my 7th year extension. Now, I just want to find out if any progress has been made on this. Note that, my 7th year extension is already approved, and this is just to find out for myself.

Is it true that only attorneys and the company can ask for this information ?

Thanks !
No 45 day letter

jcgc Quote:
Originally Posted by StressTestInUSA
T is temporary data entry, P is total data entry done.When the case # changes from T to P you can expect a 45 day letter. Ask for a screenshot from time to time(maybe 1's in 2 weeks), your attny and the employer will get the letter from PBEC.

Have any of you requested the screenshot yourself (not your employer/lawyer). If so what are the details we need to include in the request and how do we send the request. Hope those who requested screenshots didnt have any issues (as i understand that this was for employers / lawyers only and not the applicant).

Thanks MDwatch for your quick reply.

Is there any way we can confirm that backlog center received 45 day letter from the screen shot or calling them.

Since my employer is out of town for a while, attorney sucks.

Is there any contact number for backlog center to know the status of 45 day letter?

Thanks again

MDwatch said:
TR stands for Traditional Recruitment

P in your ETA case number means that the 45DL is in the mail or soon to be. Data Entry is complete.

StillAlive said:

Is there any way we can confirm that backlog center received 45 day letter from the screen shot or calling them.

Is there any contact number for backlog center to know the status of 45 day letter?

Thanks again

You can try calling them. Luck will decide if you get someone nice on the phone that can give you an update but don't count on it.

At the moment there is no way to find out the status of a case pending with the BECs.

StillAlive said:

Thanks again

Absolutely no. You have to watchout in the mail(employer and attny). After the 45 day letter is issued/we replied and they recvd it or not is all a BIG BLACK HOLE. Then follows the waiting game.

There is no online case status check, even if u call them u will be directed to recorded mesg.

best bet, let your attny/best is the secretary around know about this letter and tell them if u dont reply right away u r doomed.. just beg/request them.

LoveNY said:
It would be better if we can do it in next 2 weeks when congress will be in session. we need their attention before they pass the law so the best time would be the day the senate reconvenes.

we need another poll to find out what most prefer, sunday or monday. I would say an excel sheet would be a good idea to gather everyone's opinion.
PBECiskillingme, take the lead and put out an excel sheet with name, where do they live, where would they like to protest(DC or Philly or NY or somewhere else), howmany people they plan to bring with them and what day they prefer sunday or monday.

also I think its better to do it in one place so there will be more people.

RALLY! RALLY!! RALLY!!!
What is going to be our Focus? Just PBEC/BEC or retrogession also?

The LC approval letter - is it mailed only to the employer/attorney or does the alien get a copy too?

StressTestInUSA said:
Absolutely no. You have to watchout in the mail(employer and attny). After the 45 day letter is issued/we replied and they recvd it or not is all a BIG BLACK HOLE. Then follows the waiting game.

There is no online case status check, even if u call them u will be directed to recorded mesg.

best bet, let your attny/best is the secretary around know about this letter and tell them if u dont reply right away u r doomed.. just beg/request them.

hara_patta said:
Hello All,

I've attached a brief note, with some background information to help us explain the salient points of the backlog situation to people who might be interested in it.

Please forward to all interested parties, and remeber that "LEGALS FIRST" day is on April 14, 2006 (Friday):

Wear a sticker that says "LEGALS FIRST" and have your friends wear it too: Spread the awareness!!

http://legalsfirst.blogspot.com

Cheers
Guys,

This is worth the note. Please take a moment and read this blog.

Anything we can do to aggravate this situation now would benefit us long time.