Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sophia85 said:
My priority date is Feb 2004, but still I hasn't received my 45-day letter, is this normal?
What should I do? Thanks.

You sound tooooo innocent....there are guys from 2001 still not knowing where their cases are ...!!

StressTestInUSA said:
You sound tooooo innocent....there are guys from 2001 still not knowing where their cases are ...!!
:) At least I can laugh at myself here.....
Tell me how could I join your guys, send letters to Senate and TV station?

Visit Pbec

Is there anyway someone can go physically to the PBEC office and talk to PBEC employee in person? Has anyone tried it before? treat this is just an idea came out of frustration--------waiting for labor since last four years.

How about if we can bribe some contractors saying that we are going to pay $500/day for them if they can approve 500 cases a day? $1/1 case approval :)

Sounds like a good idea to me. This also came out of frustration.

khogaye said:
Is there anyway someone can go physically to the PBEC office and talk to PBEC employee in person? Has anyone tried it before? treat this is just an idea came out of frustration--------waiting for labor since last four years.

coolestone said:
I am wondering if we should write to Labor Secy Elaine Chao to complain about the relative inefficency at Philadelphia BEC compared to Dallas BEC which has been processing LCs at a much faster pace. Also to highlight how the system is so unfair with gross neglect to the FIFO system and how DOL is applying double standards by promptly approving PERM cases while the older cases are approved at snail's pace.

Please provide your feedback.

Thanks

Of course we should. Everybody should send letters, faxes, etc. Don't wait for a template though, just go ahead and write your own letter complaining about the situation. I've done that, she forwarded it to an assistant, and that guy replied with a standard "we're trying hard" kind of bull.

But it's definitely worth doing.

mentioned in the New York Times

they have an article today on the problems international students face trying to enroll in US universities ... and one paragraph says:

"Finally, and perhaps most avoidably, the United States makes it exceedingly difficult for our foreign-born science and engineering doctorates to stay in the country, where they might work in our private sector, conduct research in our labs or teach at our universities. It can take two years or more to gain permanent residency, and there are significant backlogs in applications for employment-based green cards."

I think they could definitely publish a more detailed story on us, I'm gonna try to contact them.

If you read my previous post, Rajiv Khanna's office did not feel that litigation would be successful at this moment,given the fact that Fed Court just ruled in favor of DOL.Hence, the idea of litigation is still in air,which is why there is no contribution campaign in place right now.

Not saying that litigation is not a possibility. If you wish you can attend the telecon with Rajiv Khanna (arranged by yahoo group)with following details and you may express your views there:

Monday(11/21/2005): 10:30 am EST
Conference Number to Call: 605-990-0300 (Code 452667#)

Conference # got from freeconferencecall.com

Topics for Discussion:
1) Steps to take to make DOL start the TR cases processing
2) Provide status on cases
3) Ensure FIFO policies

Pineapple said:
A_z, what’s up with the contributions? Is Anyone organizing that part? Second, is Anyone discussing the possibility of suing DOL re making data publicly available? Or is that a lost cause?
Re letters… I love letter writers.. I’m a prolific letter writer myself.. but, when writing to DOL or media groups, could you guys at least try to put it through spell check first?? Just past your draft in Word and let the spell check thingamajig do its stuff… and Please, don’t write letters like a school boy writing to his headmaster for a day’s leave… hate to gripe, but the letter templates I’ve seen so far are atrocious.. If English is not your first language, that’s perfectly understandable, but at least get some feedback from someone who knows the language before you shoot off a letter to the media.. If you claim to be a PhD holder and write letters like the one’s I’ve seen posted, you lose credibility in the first two sentences.. Sorry to be rough, but seeing some of the well-meaning efforts, I think they are doing more harm than good.

welcomegc said:
How about if we can bribe some contractors saying that we are going to pay $500/day for them if they can approve 500 cases a day? $1/1 case approval :)

Sounds like a good idea to me. This also came out of frustration.

Don't try to act over smart and comment within the limit. Stop writing nonsense reply and adding crap to something asked

eaky said:
Hi
I am a new member and have read many topic about PHI-BEC.
Also send the letter to ABC, 20/20.

My case was filed since 8/2/02
EDD approved and send to DOL with new case number on 8/19/03
Case was sent to Phi-BEC with new case number.
PD 07/29/03
RIR
State CA
ETA: P-04308-xxxxx
45 days letter received: 2/16/05
45 days letter replied 2/23/05
Could you please estimate how long will my case get an approve?
How do I check my case status?
Please help me?
Thanks
That’s a million $$ question
Dude we are in same boat. My PD is July 2002 from CA.
There are only couples of CA approvals last months. (PD date was before MAY 2002). And after that no update… So I expect at least it will take six months to reach Aug 2002.

Members Beware and Behave !!!!!!!!!!!!!

khogaye said:
Don't try to act over smart and comment within the limit. Stop writing nonsense reply and adding crap to something asked

Hi welcomeGC

Lot of people are being invited to visit this forum to see how many are waiting and what is their anguish and issues etc

If you post like this it will create negative impact with Visitors from Press etc

Don't post like this in Future

me in the same group

but it should be clearer that 'only a couple approvals' in this forum.
At least I have no idea how other applicants around US got approved .
:confused: :( :mad:

ladude10 said:
There are only couples of CA approvals last months. (PD date was before MAY 2002). And after that no update… So I expect at least it will take six months to reach Aug 2002.

Guys.. soryy about that. I really didn't mean to hurt anyone. I really got this silly thought bcos of the frustation. I thought it will be funny If I post it here.

saknia said:
Hi welcomeGC

Lot of people are being invited to visit this forum to see how many are waiting and what is their anguish and issues etc

If you post like this it will create negative impact with Visitors from Press etc

Don't post like this in Future

thanks for sharing

ladude10 said:

PD from the first day of filing? or PD from the new case fillilng if it is base on FIFO. What CA case got send to Phi-BEC instead of Dal-BEC?

Visit PBEC in person

A group of 3-4 people live in/near Phili should really do this. I believe it will have some positive impact. Atleast we may get some information.

khogaye said:

I support this

RajeevMehta said:
A group of 3-4 people live in/near Phili should really do this. I believe it will have some positive impact. Atleast we may get some information.

We should form a group of 5 people live in Phili and visit the center.

RajeevMehta said:

I totally agree, but you can't just go there and knock on the door. We have to find out who's in charge (I think it's Leticia Sierra), and then call and schedule a meeting with her.

Volunteers in Phila, please stand up ... let's form a team and then prepare a list of questions/topics to discuss with her.

Meeting in person

I agree to idea of meeting in person. It would be helpful if somebody could suggest PBEC to have case status available online from a dump file that has data from the PBEC system. Dump file getting refreshed every month.

Volunteers Please Please

cantstandit said:
I totally agree, but you can't just go there and knock on the door. We have to find out who's in charge (I think it's Leticia Sierra), and then call and schedule a meeting with her.

Volunteers in Phila, please stand up ... let's form a team and then prepare a list of questions/topics to discuss with her.