Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

USCISisMockery said:
There is noone from/around Philadelphia ? Actually thats not a surprise :). The city is full of idiots, just go to Bala Cynwyd and knock on BEC office, you will see some example. I don't think such people are even eligible to file labor.

I am just kidding, might be by bashing Philadelphia, somebody from there will come out and oppose.

IMO family immigration should be restricted. A 50 year old brother has no right to ride on his citizen sister's bandwagon, get gc and settle here. He hasn't earned it. We have. Its just my opinion, so chill out guys.

A_to_Z, we appreciate your efforts.

Can't we have sticky thread or a file on yahoo_group where we have simple list of all our problems (like BEC not following FIFO, PBEC lagging behind DBEC...) and our demands (status page, estimates ...). Such list will help anybody else who is planning to meet officials. For example we might be meeting a NJ senetor, if we have a list handy, its easy to prepare for.

IMO, going to Bala Cynwyd and knocking BEC's door is very good ideal. Once we get their (Leticia or Stephen) schedule, group of Phillys can go and talk with them. By that, we are hitting on the nail itself.

I agree with you.. all of us have such opinions only.. but when we have obtained out GC and are on the other side of the fence.. naturally.. we would want to take advantage of the family based GC... I guess that's human nature.. to just focus on the moment now and make opinions based on our situation now.. ;).

I agree meeting the PBEC guys is our answer to problems right now.. Please guys living in Philly, come forward.. do us all including yourself a huge favor..

radd

can an applicant inquire about LC status

One thing that bothers me is.....can an applicant inquire about LC status?? As per my understanding only lawyer and employer are eligible to ask about the LC status. Guys please investigate into this more.

This is what I got

gcdogcdo
Member posted November 15, 2005 11:41 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am wondering if anyone at Murthy Office is monitoring this bailgaadi center and asking questions during those AILA/DOL/Other meetings about why this center is moving so slow as compared to its counterpart Dallas (already processing/approving 2003 cases)

What happened to FIFO..??

Finally, anyone seen any approval from CT.
My details:

PD: Aug, 2003
State: CT, RIR
45 Day: Nothing
140/485: ???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attorney_8
Attorney posted November 16, 2005 08:52 AM
Please review the MurthyDotCom article available at http://www.murthy.com/news/n_bpcupd.html regarding why FIFO is not working perfectly.

--

Doesn't make any sense to me!!! :confused:

a_to_z_gc said:
Yes, I shall tell my Philly friends to join this forum. Can you take lead in this effort, if you are from Philly region?

I'm in NYC, so it wouldn't be easy to go there, but I would definitely help with the talking points and prep for the meeting.

since phily is not responding can NY stand up

are there 3-4 people from ny ready to stand up i would not mind going along
if i am given the material to talk i can converse very well in english as i am a graduate from mumbai university

7 words

Seeing whats going on with PBEC, the retrogression, the 485, my f'd life right now, seven beautiful words come to mind.

Quoting the great george carlin
"Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits"

Anyone share my sentiment?

Steve Stenfanco derserves these. He is the reason behind PBEC delay.

tpass001 said:
Seeing whats going on with PBEC, the retrogression, the 485, my f'd life right now, seven beautiful words come to mind.

Quoting the great george carlin
"Shit, Piss, Fuck, Cunt, Cocksucker, Motherfucker, and Tits"

Anyone share my sentiment?

Meetings and Letters

a_to_z_gc said:
Excellent effort fellas! I would have loved to join you guys in your planned meeting with Leticia,if that works out.But I can tell me friends in Philly in similar situation to join you guys to show quorum.

I am planning on meeting the Senator Dianne Fienstein here one-on-one here to express our concerns and make her highlight this situation we are all in, inside Senate. Based on my interaction with her office, I shall need to document our concerns on a single page and submit to them with my name,contact details etc. on my meeting on coming Monday.

Also one important thing-If you get to meet Leticia or anyone from DOL, please dress formally on the day of your meeting(atleast a tie for guys). Ladies, if any, can also wear formals on the scheduled day.

Guys, I am writting after so many days. Well we are still where we were at the begining of this year.

a_to_z_gc, excellent initiative to meet Diane Fienstien. Just wanted to let you all know that I recieved a letter from Diane Fienstien (duly signed) and it said that, she has asked one of her assistant to contact DOL on my behalf and she will contact me within few weeks on the progress or response from DOL. Ofcourse I had to provide all my details prior to this.
I exchanged about two letters with Senators office before recieving this reply.

a_to_z_gc - Please let me know if you would like me to join you. I am open this week and most probably next week. I am at whereismy_gc@yahoo.com

I just have one simple question for you guys here: How did you get your case number like this one: BEC case# P-04308-xxxxxx? I would like to get mine too. Do you have an email address or a phone number? Thanks!

BEC case#

You would get the number on your 45 day letter if your lawyer or employer has received one.

rosatiamo said:
I just have one simple question for you guys here: How did you get your case number like this one: BEC case# P-04308-xxxxxx? I would like to get mine too. Do you have an email address or a phone number? Thanks!

The meeting I have on coming Monday is with her field rep. She will listen to the case and collect the written statement from me and then she will schedule a meeting with Dianne Fienstein. Let me meet her field rep and see what she says. I shall surely ask her if Dianne is open to meeting more than one person and if she says yes, I shall inform you guys accordingly.

Thanks.

whereismy_gc said:
Guys, I am writting after so many days. Well we are still where we were at the begining of this year.

a_to_z_gc, excellent initiative to meet Diane Fienstien. Just wanted to let you all know that I recieved a letter from Diane Fienstien (duly signed) and it said that, she has asked one of her assistant to contact DOL on my behalf and she will contact me within few weeks on the progress or response from DOL. Ofcourse I had to provide all my details prior to this.

a_to_z_gc - Please let me know if you would like me to join you. I am open this week and most probably next week. I am at whereismy_gc@yahoo.com

when was your GC filed?

Folks,

There's a poll on PBEC_Labor_Victims yahoogroups (when was your GC filed?) which provides some interesting statistics.

1. Over 50% of applications were filed in 2001 and 2002.
2. There were no applications filed in 2000 and before.

Sort of gives us an idea how many people are ahead of us.
If you haven't cast your vote, please do so now - more the numbers - more accurate the results.

Go to groups.yahoo.com/group/PBEC_Labor_Victims and click on the polls link on the left navbar.

Where are Phili guys/gals

Phili/NJ/NY guys please stand up. It is a question on our existance in this country.

whereismy_gc said:

Two weeks back, I got response from Sen Boxer and Sen Fienstien offices. They attached the response they got from Asst Sec of DOL to respective Senators. It's 2 page letter with same old scrap. bla bla bla...

Still I am OK. Alteast something is better than nothing.
Thanks,

whereismy_gc said:

PBECIsKillingMe said:
Phili/NJ/NY guys please stand up. It is a question on our existance in this country.

Its hour and half from central NJ. I am willing to participate. But I think logistically it makes more sense if 3-4 Philly guys/gals can go over mid-week.

How to check status?

How I can check my application status in BEC? I already got my 45 days letter. For my HIB extension I need the confirmation. Can sombody tell about the BEC email address for status check.
Thanks
Ali

try this

khogaye said:
One thing that bothers me is.....can an applicant inquire about LC status?? As per my understanding only lawyer and employer are eligible to ask about the LC status. Guys please investigate into this more.

Even though you call BEC about your case, they will ask you whether you are an employer or employee. I tried both. Employee = they are not allow to answer any question, only employer and a rep lawyer. Employer = they forward to the answering machine and the same mesage like 1 year ago. If you tried it and get answer. Please tell us right away.

a_to_z_gc said:
The meeting I have on coming Monday is with her field rep. She will listen to the case and collect the written statement from me and then she will schedule a meeting with Dianne Fienstein. Let me meet her field rep and see what she says. I shall surely ask her if Dianne is open to meeting more than one person and if she says yes, I shall inform you guys accordingly.

Thanks.

a_to_z_gc,

Please stress these following 3 points:

1) Stop wasting taxpayers dollars.

2) No fairness.

3) No transperency.

When you contact DOL through lawmakers normally you will get theirs standard reply as some one got in this forum. So please plan accordingly and counter those arguments now itself.

You may know these already. Just a reminder.

Last edited by a moderator: