Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Excellent effort fellas! I would have loved to join you guys in your planned meeting with Leticia,if that works out.But I can tell me friends in Philly in similar situation to join you guys to show quorum.

I am planning on meeting the Senator Dianne Fienstein here one-on-one here to express our concerns and make her highlight this situation we are all in, inside Senate. Based on my interaction with her office, I shall need to document our concerns on a single page and submit to them with my name,contact details etc. on my meeting on coming Monday.

Also one important thing-If you get to meet Leticia or anyone from DOL, please dress formally on the day of your meeting(atleast a tie for guys). Ladies, if any, can also wear formals on the scheduled day.

cantstandit said:
I totally agree, but you can't just go there and knock on the door. We have to find out who's in charge (I think it's Leticia Sierra), and then call and schedule a meeting with her.

Volunteers in Phila, please stand up ... let's form a team and then prepare a list of questions/topics to discuss with her.

a_to_z_gc said:
Excellent effort fellas! I would have loved to join you guys in your planned meeting with Leticia,if that works out.But I can tell me friends in Philly in similar situation to join you guys to show quorum.

I am planning on meeting the Senator Dianne Fienstein here one-on-one here to express our concerns and make her highlight this situation we are all in, inside Senate. Based on my interaction with her office, I shall need to document our concerns on a single page and submit to them with my name,contact details etc. on my meeting on coming Monday.

Also one important thing-If you get to meet Leticia or anyone from DOL, please dress formally on the day of your meeting(atleast a tie for guys). Ladies, if any, can also wear formals on the scheduled day.

Don't forget to mention about the DV Lottery green card program. This is how US gives GC for all kind of people and punishes those like us. It is not the H1 Visa holders who eat away the Average American's job, but it is the ones who come with GC through Lottery and no one talks about this. There are 50000 GCs issued every year through this program, so 50K families come with GC and search for new jobs here, but for people like us who are working here and paying the taxes for 5-6 years, see no light in the end of the tunnel.

a_to_z_gc said:

a_to_z, can you ask your friends from Phila to join this group and post info so we can contact them ?

ANYONE FROM PHILADELPHIA, please COME FORWARD !! we need 3 volunteers, one of them needs to be articulate in English, and willing to call to schedule a meeting and obviously GO there too ;)

Ver good point- I shall note this in the document I plan to submit.

Thanks.

gc-reqd said:
Don't forget to mention about the DV Lottery green card program. This is how US gives GC for all kind of people and punishes those like us. It is not the H1 Visa holders who eat away the Average American's job, but it is the ones who come with GC through Lottery and no one talks about this. There are 50000 GCs issued every year through this program, so 50K families come with GC and search for new jobs here, but for people like us who are working here and paying the taxes for 5-6 years, see no light in the end of the tunnel.

suggestion

gcMay2002 said:
I agree to idea of meeting in person. It would be helpful if somebody could suggest PBEC to have case status available online from a dump file that has data from the PBEC system. Dump file getting refreshed every month.

Great job for taking this initiative and meeting her personally. I wish I could be there too.

I suggest we also request for posting the date where TR and RIR queue stands every month which is something similar to what we had with SWA/Federal stages before. This would be critical piece of information for everyone to understand and to some extent predict case timelines. After more than a year of this BEC effort, it's not a lot to ask for the status system we already had before.

Welcome GC should learn something from our other understading and sharing persons. When I put forward the idea he tried to made fun.

I think one should give and meet someone at reception and ask for the concerned person to meet with. I don't think it is possible to meet with top authoriries immediately. Please philly fellas come forward.

Yes, I shall tell my Philly friends to join this forum. Can you take lead in this effort, if you are from Philly region?

In general-I request everyone in this group to please take some initiative/leadership in making this happen. We need implementations to happen in this effort.We have had enough of ideas...

Thanks.

cantstandit said:
I totally agree, but you can't just go there and knock on the door. We have to find out who's in charge (I think it's Leticia Sierra), and then call and schedule a meeting with her.

Volunteers in Phila, please stand up ... let's form a team and then prepare a list of questions/topics to discuss with her.

chinglun said:
but it should be clearer that 'only a couple approvals' in this forum.
At least I have no idea how other applicants around US got approved .
:confused: :( :mad:
I know couple of my coworker not register to this forum (priority date june 2002, from CA & 45 day letter rcvd nov 2004) and they are also still waiting for the approval.

The only activity I heard two week ago from my lawyer that he got 45-day letter for multiple candidates (prio date is june 2002 CA).

So based on that info I guess there is some activity on CA cases..but its very slow

Got 45 Days Letter

Finally I came to know my 45 days letter was received and replied on Aug 4, 2005 back to PBEC.

Now what next...? Can we check the satus current status..? Could you guys please do let me know.

Thank You.

GCVS03 said:
Finally I came to know my 45 days letter was received and replied on Aug 4, 2005 back to PBEC.

Now what next...? Can we check the satus current status..? Could you guys please do let me know.

Thank You.
From which state? what is your PD?

wait for 2-3 months, and send an email to h1 7th yeah extension email, which can found on DOL website.

GCVS03 said:

Thank You.

Do we have anyone from Phili

and want to take initiative??? PLEASE STAND UP !

a_to_z_gc said:
Yes, I shall tell my Philly friends to join this forum. Can you take lead in this effort, if you are from Philly region?

In general-I request everyone in this group to please take some initiative/leadership in making this happen. We need implementations to happen in this effort.We have had enough of ideas...

Thanks.

question for a_to_z_gc

"a_to_z_gc" if you plan on meeting Dianne Fienstein, do you think it is appropriate to go meet her in a group than just one person? I am sure there are other folks on this forum from CA, living in Bay Area including myself.

Can you put here the list of questions that you plan on asking her? May be other members can provide their feedback.

Thanks,

a_to_z_gc said:

question? please help

ladude10 said:
That’s a million $$ question
Dude we are in same boat. My PD is July 2002 from CA.
There are only couples of CA approvals last months. (PD date was before MAY 2002). And after that no update… So I expect at least it will take six months to reach Aug 2002.

When people said PD: is it the first processing date from SWA-CA-EDD
or the new BEC received date? How can I get a screen shot? Trying to contact BEC many times for case status but they keep forward to the machine that doesn't tell me anything. Any other way to find out the case? Almost 4 years now. so exhaust. It is a very long road for those who tries to keep everything right, pay a lot of tax and be legal.

BEC case# P-04308-xxxxxx
Case: Perm RIR-EB2
Reginal Office case #0957xxxx
State case #158XXX
Rec Local office 7/29/02
Rec State office 7/29/02
Rec Regional 6/19/03
BEC received date: 2/16/05
Last Sig event: Received reginal office
Region ID: 9
Work State: CA
OCC_Code 999-131-111
RIR: -1
45 days letter:2/16/05 replied within 1 week

gc-reqd said:

What's wrong with DV? I work in the US for the past 7 years, I am paying taxes, I am for an eligible country for DV. I am indeed stuck with LC in PBEC, but I have nothing against DV. Why not then lobby against any lottery, of any sort? Green card is a lottery too, at a different level, but still a lottery. I honestly like the way DV selects the winners. It keeps the balance between the diverse nationalities. That's how it should be.

emirica said:
What's wrong with DV? I work in the US for the past 7 years, I am paying taxes, I am for an eligible country for DV. I am indeed stuck with LC in PBEC, but I have nothing against DV. Why not then lobby against any lottery, of any sort? Green card is a lottery too, at a different level, but still a lottery. I honestly like the way DV selects the winners. It keeps the balance between the diverse nationalities. That's how it should be.

I second your opinion. Just because we are stuck, doesn't mean that nobody should get GC too. DV is for everyone... coming from all walks of life, although they do have some requirement to fullfill.

Be focused guys. Recommend something that doable by PBEC.. not something that has to be decided by congress and over time too. Have a heart, ask for what you want without snatching it from others.

Be good, Do good and think good and all will fall into place for you.

BTW, great job everyone, with the letters to media guys. I just finished sending mine. Also, count me in for the law suit.

radd

There is noone from/around Philadelphia ? Actually thats not a surprise :). The city is full of idiots, just go to Bala Cynwyd and knock on BEC office, you will see some example. I don't think such people are even eligible to file labor.

I am just kidding, might be by bashing Philadelphia, somebody from there will come out and oppose.

IMO family immigration should be restricted. A 50 year old brother has no right to ride on his citizen sister's bandwagon, get gc and settle here. He hasn't earned it. We have. Its just my opinion, so chill out guys.

A_to_Z, we appreciate your efforts.

Can't we have sticky thread or a file on yahoo_group where we have simple list of all our problems (like BEC not following FIFO, PBEC lagging behind DBEC...) and our demands (status page, estimates ...). Such list will help anybody else who is planning to meet officials. For example we might be meeting a NJ senetor, if we have a list handy, its easy to prepare for.

IMO, going to Bala Cynwyd and knocking BEC's door is very good ideal. Once we get their (Leticia or Stephen) schedule, group of Phillys can go and talk with them. By that, we are hitting on the nail itself.

no FIFO in Dbec too

found this post in the PERM area

kgp

Arrow Refile LC (PD Jan 2002) in PERM
PD: Jan 2002 (EB2 -RIR)
Regional Chicago RD: Dec 2002
No 45 Day letter

My case is Pending in DBEC. No 45 Day letter yet, No hope of getting one in near future as well.

For a case of so old PD not getting 45 Day letter until now worries me So I Decided to Refile under perm, Mine is a big company So attorney suggesting that they don't advise to refile cases which made to regional. But this delay in getting no news of 45 day letter. Can't wait any more so decided to Refile, I am scared of DOL system, don't know if they will smoothly retain my old Priority date, generally they made mistakes and then u have to request yr attorney to contact them to correct. I don't know if I am taking right decision or not. But most people from my company who filled around or after me already got 45 DL in April - May 05, some got approval. I am nowhere. Being in a big company, at this time I convienced my BOSSes to refile so my Attorney is going to discuss this with me this week, whatever I decided (refile or not) will be final Can't go back and ask my company again. If I say no to refile now then I have to stick with that decision forever.

Thanks

Although, Dallas is way ahead of us... looks like their approvals are also random..

radd