Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I did send email letters to ABCnews 20/20 and CBS News 60Minutes .. hope everybody will send... do their part.. let's unite!!! May God Bless Us!!!

Yes, I did my part by logging to these websites and requesting them to air our concerns. If they call me , I shall post the info.

adallac said:
I did send email letters to ABCnews 20/20 and CBS News 60Minutes .. hope everybody will send... do their part.. let's unite!!! May God Bless Us!!!

I just got a call from Dianne Fienstein's office and looks like they want to listen to my request of slowness in PBEC. Someone from her office is going to meet me coming Monday and then they shall schedule a one-on-one with Dianne.

Shall keep you all informed...

When you visit Sen Dianne Fienstein's office, please highlight the double standards at DOL, by promptly approving PERM cases versus grossly neglecting folks like us who are waiting for the same thing for about 3-4 years. Please highlight the tardiness at BEC's especially at PBEC and no regard to FIFO. Thanks

Keep it up guys

Hi Guys

It seems like we are fired up & have been sending letters to ABC news -20-20 & CBS -60 minutes.I also wanted that we all should also contact Fox news & NBC dateline.

I had been to my state 's Senator & Congressman's office today morning.I have given the letters to them.If we all go to our residing state Senators & the state congressman, that should make everyone aware of the grave crisis we are facing

Lets stay united & keep fighting.The Winds are about to change ..

Thanks
GCcomesoon

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, please don't send letter exactly as posted, atleast please customized the first line of the message.
I modified my old letter and sent to ABC.

----------------------------------------------------------
We are group of professionals (around 300,000) who were promised “land of opportunities”. But after many years of faith in American Immigration system, we are loosing hopes and we need help from influential media like you.

We will present story of “Jhang" from China whose plight is shared by us. Jhang, since childhood was dreaming of wonderland like "America". As brilliant he was, he came to the U.S as student for higher studies. Using his family savings, he completed his masters and his dream came true when he got full-time job and became part of most dedicated and efficient workforce in the world. His employer couldn’t find match for his position after rigorous recruitment effort so the company applied for his Labor Certificate (First step towards earning permanent residence) at NJ SWA (DOL's state workforce agency) in May 2002. After three and half years, he is still waiting for to get it adjudicated !!!

Initially all SWA agencies (DOL's agency) were completely backlogged by 245(i) applications (April 2001): amnesty program for “illegals”. So his application was stuck at NJ SWA for two and half years. Then suddenly DOL came up with idea of completely scraping the existing labor certificate system and introducing new "faster" system called PERM. So logically its safe to assume that DOL (Department of labor) will adjudicate all existing backlogged cases before implementing new system. But instead, DOL added more red tape ness to already chaotic system by eliminating all SWA office across the nation and created 2 backlog elimination center (BEC): Philadelphia and Dallas and moved Jhang's application to Philadelphia BEC in December 2004. So now, ironically DOL will adjudicate applications that are filled today (through PERM) before applications filled in 2001.

Since December 2004, BECs are data entering the cases and its being estimated that data entry will continue till end of this year.

Once data entry is completed, DOL will add one more level of entropy by sending "45 day letter" to lawyers and employers and mandating them to acknowledge it. Jhang still haven't received such letter so there is no proof that his application is with DOL. Its unfortunate that after three and half years of his application, he even doesn't if the application is in the right place. DOL doesn’t have any status page where employer or lawyer can get information about his case.

DOL promised all the backlogs will be eliminated within 24-30 months, but looking at current pace it seems very optimistic estimate.

Conservative or liberal, democrats or republicans, everyone agrees that legal immigration is better than illegal, but DOL discounted legal immigrants like Jhang so that they can process thousands of 245(i) applications who came to this country illegaly or overstayed their status.

Jhang is waiting now to get his 7th year extension to his H1, so that he can stay in the country for one more year. At the age (31) when he is supposed to consolidate his family and raise his children, he is living in uncertainty. He is postponing expanding his family so that he doesn’t have to raise his new born in new environment if he has to go back to China. In spite of substantial savings, he is renting because he is always "6 months" away from his labor. He has good enough cash to invest in a business but he can't because of uncertainity. But “labor certificate” is mirage for him now. These years he denied all the promotions, ignored opportunities so that he doesn't have to start labor process from the beginning. Her wife already spoiled her career because she can't get work permit on dependent (H4) status.

Even though he is invaluable employee to his company for 6 years now, he might have to abruptly stop his life not because of his inability but because of DOL's unjust delay.

While in US for 8 years, he contributed financially (paying thousands in taxes, investing in American companies) and socially to the society and now he is more Americanized than Chinese. His everyday food is burgers and not noodles.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, Jhang's career and his spouse’s working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

Labor certificate is the first step to gain permanent residency. With visa retrogressed (second stage) back to many years, that is another battle (many years of wait) for Jhang to fight before he relax and enjoy this great country.

We hope you as responsible media would highlight our pains so that many “Jhangs” keep on serving the greatest country on the earth.

Here is the contact information about the office that handles Jhang's case

Stephen Stefanko,
Foreign Labor Certification Manager,
1 Belmont Avenue, Suite 200,
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
T484-270-1500
F484-270-1598

Should we write to Labor Secretary Elain Chao??

I am wondering if we should write to Labor Secy Elaine Chao to complain about the relative inefficency at Philadelphia BEC compared to Dallas BEC which has been processing LCs at a much faster pace. Also to highlight how the system is so unfair with gross neglect to the FIFO system and how DOL is applying double standards by promptly approving PERM cases while the older cases are approved at snail's pace.

Please provide your feedback.

Thanks

Need your expert on this issue

Hi
I am a new member and have read many topic about PHI-BEC.
Also send the letter to ABC, 20/20.

My case was filed since 8/2/02
EDD approved and send to DOL with new case number on 8/19/03
Case was sent to Phi-BEC with new case number.
PD 07/29/03
RIR
State CA
ETA: P-04308-xxxxx
45 days letter received: 2/16/05
45 days letter replied 2/23/05
Could you please estimate how long will my case get an approve?
How do I check my case status?
Please help me?
Thanks

A_z, what’s up with the contributions? Is Anyone organizing that part? Second, is Anyone discussing the possibility of suing DOL re making data publicly available? Or is that a lost cause?
Re letters… I love letter writers.. I’m a prolific letter writer myself.. but, when writing to DOL or media groups, could you guys at least try to put it through spell check first?? Just past your draft in Word and let the spell check thingamajig do its stuff… and Please, don’t write letters like a school boy writing to his headmaster for a day’s leave… hate to gripe, but the letter templates I’ve seen so far are atrocious.. If English is not your first language, that’s perfectly understandable, but at least get some feedback from someone who knows the language before you shoot off a letter to the media.. If you claim to be a PhD holder and write letters like the one’s I’ve seen posted, you lose credibility in the first two sentences.. Sorry to be rough, but seeing some of the well-meaning efforts, I think they are doing more harm than good.

Instead of saying that you are a writer, why don't you post a sample letter here? Everyone will follow that. :mad:

Pineapple said:
A_z, what’s up with the contributions? Is Anyone organizing that part? Second, is Anyone discussing the possibility of suing DOL re making data publicly available? Or is that a lost cause?
Re letters… I love letter writers.. I’m a prolific letter writer myself.. but, when writing to DOL or media groups, could you guys at least try to put it through spell check first?? Just past your draft in Word and let the spell check thingamajig do its stuff… and Please, don’t write letters like a school boy writing to his headmaster for a day’s leave… hate to gripe, but the letter templates I’ve seen so far are atrocious.. If English is not your first language, that’s perfectly understandable, but at least get some feedback from someone who knows the language before you shoot off a letter to the media.. If you claim to be a PhD holder and write letters like the one’s I’ve seen posted, you lose credibility in the first two sentences.. Sorry to be rough, but seeing some of the well-meaning efforts, I think they are doing more harm than good.

45-day Letter

My priority date is Feb 2004, but still I hasn't received my 45-day letter, is this normal?
What should I do? Thanks.

welcomegc said:
why don't you post a sample letter here? Everyone will follow that. :mad:

Precisely why I do not put up my letters here, Einstein.

D'oh!! :rolleyes:

Write your own thing, at least check the grammar if you are not eloquent. That is all I have to say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Take ACTION!

What should you do?

You must participate in our efforts to wake up the Philly BEC. Specifically -

a) Send letters/fax to your local Senator/Congressman
b) Send emails to TV Stations (Most of us are sending to ABC's 20/20 and CBS' 60 Minutes)

Thanks!

sophia85 said:
My priority date is Feb 2004, but still I hasn't received my 45-day letter, is this normal?
What should I do? Thanks.