Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Rajel said:
Case Details :
PD : Oct 21st 2001 (NY SWA)
45d letter : Oct 7th 2005 (replied same day)
LC approved : Oct 26th 2005
LC received : Nov 14th 2005

Congrats Rajel!!! It took more than 4 years!
Best of luck with 140/485!!

Help me

Guys, this is really a good news. Let's hope we get approvals soon. I have a question for you : Does the case number matters in the approval of cases? Bcos my case number is really close to this : P-05011-XXX.

shipoffools said:
Friends,

My LC is approved from PBEC. MY PD is April 2004. STATE PA. RIR. Never reached regional.

I heard from my other friend that lot of his friends are getting approval left and right. I couldn't get much information from him. I am leaving to India tomorrow for my vacation and so will have limited time to respond to your queries.

I think all your approval will be just around the corner. But please don't stop what you are doing about writing to senator and the rest of the stuff. Guys, even though I have never meet any of you, I know the pain you are going through. I will certainly pray for all for a faster relief by going to the temple, chruch or mosque in India. Good luck guys. Please don't lose hope. Looks like something good has started to happen at PBEC

case number

Can u please provide your case number? Thanks.

lavendersummer said:
Actually I'm sorry that I misled you in my last post. I just realized 09/03 was not PD in the original post, that was SlipperyGC's. This is the original post. I took the liberty to quote it here.
================================
Hi

I applied LC on September 10, 2004 from Atlanta. I
have received letter from PBEC that my LC was approved
on November 3, 2005. I know some of you try to track
dates. Good luck to you all...

JFF
=================================

oldest cases in the tracker:

Manny2001 17-Apr-01
dilshad 21-Apr-01
SINCE2001 22-Apr-01
GC_MD_2001 30-Apr-01
epidural 30-Apr-01
shalinilulla 11-May-01
juntha 11-May-01
md_alien 29-Jun-01
MD2001 03-Jul-01
rsiv 01-Aug-01
hemant2001 14-Aug-01
NAYAK 17-Aug-01
TomShu 19-Oct-01
toy 19-Oct-01
gz71 19-Oct-01
highope 21-Oct-01
waitlisted 25-Oct-01

any updates folks ?!

I agree- Instead of using "Thank you for doing this" and "Way to go", everyone of us should make a concrete effort to show the unity. Remember-every small step in this direction, helps all of us. PBEC is still in a mess, don't get elated by seeing few approvals, they always have been doing this-What needs to be seen is mass level adjudications of our LCs for PBEC to catch up with it's inactivity.

We need hands here...not encouraging words...

Thanks,
----------
Guys,

It is not enough by just saying "Way to Go" or "Thank you for doing this" when other people are trying to contact senators and TV stations.

I think it is time for every one to contact your favorite TV stations/shows such as 20-20 or 60 mins. Remember all it takes is 10 mins of your time to send a email or call, as TV shows will not spend time and make a show if the request comes from 1 person. A topic/Request is more powerful when it comes from a set of people who are affected.

I am sending a letter to those shows, I suggest you send the request too.

Below are the links spend some time by typing a short email.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123566&page=1

EMAIL: 60m@cbsnews.com
PHONE: (212) 975-3247
TRANSCRIPTS: 1-800-777-TEXT
VIDEOTAPES: 1-800-848-3256

May the force be with you.

Support GC[/QUOTE]

Could you please send a private message to me too? It does not work in my county. They require to show green card when you apply for homestead exemption. And they have written in bold: "WORKING VISAS DO NOT QUILIFY FOR HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION".
There is also thread on this forum, somebody tried to sue them:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=158621&highlight=homestead+exemption

Some_GreenCard said:
I have sent you private message. If there is anything i could to do get copy of local documents as a proof to support your filing ...let me know.

Great job!!!
You also need to mention that they are waisting taxpayers money. The whole idea of these centers was to speed up the process. But in fact they created even bigger backlog. Without PBEC I could get my LC within 15 months from Regional level, but now my case is pending for almost 12 months and it's not even completely entered to the system. I really doubt they will approve it within next 3 months. So, why do we need these centers at all??? Why did the goverment pay so much for this bullshit?
Now that is in their interest to work as slow as possible. This way they will keep their salaries for another 2 years. But it's not in our interest, it's not in the interest of taxpayers! We need to make a stressmark on that!

GCcomesoon said:
Here is the sample document, which I send to 60 minutes. I would urge & request all of us to email & send them copy by mail.Also we can call their offfice. All of us together, we will surely get noticed

Thanks
GCcomesoon

To, From XXXXXXX
CBS, 60 Minutes

Date- 11/14/2005

(Kind Attention – Respected – Andey Rooney, Ed Bradley, Lara Logan)

Dear Sir or Madam

I wish to introduce myself as XXXX. I am an Asian-Indian and came to this country in October 1999 on an H1B visa. I am a Software Professional and I have been working in the USA by paying my taxes on time. My only goal is to get better quality of life and provide the best for my family. In doing this I have always been a law abiding person and never breached any laws in this country. In this process I have always maintained my legal status and I have been trying to get my ‘GREEN CARD” thru my employer

Due to delay in labor certifications from labor department & then due to the visa numbers unavailability, people like me might get only get green cards after 10 more years. In reality & logically this process should not exceed 12-24 months? The GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to look at the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow

It’s almost 3 years for me now. I would appreciate if you could help people like me, who having been waiting for so long now. Please contact me for any details. There are many suffering like me & can be contacted if you look up www.immigrationportals.com

Note – I have left voicemail on 212-975-3247 explaining the issue, the whole working legal immigrant community will be highly indebted if you could air these issues & probably that might awaken the right authorities to look into the details & do something.

Attached letter send to Leticia Sierra from the labor department to address the labor certification delay issues.

Thanks and Have a nice day.

Sincerely

XXXXXX

I assume this should be RIR and &

Anyway , it is always good to see some approvals from PBEC 。

Rajel said:
Case Details :
PD : Oct 21st 2001 (NY SWA)
45d letter : Oct 7th 2005 (replied same day)
LC approved : Oct 26th 2005
LC received : Nov 14th 2005

Good job ! Keep up the good work.
GCcomesoon said:
Hi

This is follow up to my last post where I had mentioned about contacting the TV channels , so they can show the mess in PBEC & further on retrogession which is affecting the whole legal immigrant working class.

I have contacted CBSnews - 60 mints today & have send them all the details.
Lets hope for the best. I also knew someone trying to contact NBC - dateline, any updates on that one ?
I will also contact 20-20 on abc & try sending them the details.I'm sure someone will come to our rescue soon .

Thanks
GCcomesoon

6 ABC news

javaconsultant said:
Good job ! Keep up the good work.

I emailed 6 ABC news which is a Philadelphia local ACTION NEWS.

I guess if they receive 10 to 20 email, they may decide to show the story in TV.

Lets see.

Shared our story with ABCNews' 20/20

Folks,
Just sent out an email to 20/20. See below the text. I'd encourage everyone to do the same. Numbers DO matter!

Thanks,
GCKaIntezar
RIR, NJ [1/10/03]
=============

Dear 20/20,
Let me start by saying that my family simply love your coverage John and Elizabeth. You bring out the real burning issues in our society in a very forceful way. Thank you!

I'd like to bring to your attention an issue that has made an impact to over 300,000 people in U.S. including me. The numbers are even higher when you include the family members affected by this seemingly unfair treatment to law-abiding, tax-paying community of high skilled individuals who are contributing to America's economy.

The issue surrounds the permanent Labor certification process with Department of Labor - one of the first steps in obtaining a LEGAL employment based green card for permanent residency in United States.

After years, most of us are waiting for adjudication from the DOL without access to any information about our cases. Our attempts to gather any insight into a potential resolution have repeatedly run into a wall of red tape. With the reorganization of the DOL into the newly created Backlog Elimination Centers (BEC), this lack of transparency has become worse. On repeated occasions, we have contacted DOL and have not received a satisfactory response to my inquiries.

The whole idea of creation of these centers was to speed up the process. But in fact they created even bigger backlog. The inefficiency (including re- data entry of the cases) in the process have resulted in wastage of taxpayer $$$$.

The worst of the two BECs is the Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center (PBEC). While the Dallas BEC is proceeding with regular approvals and with approvals as far as application date of December-2003, the PBEC seems to care less. PBEC has not even finished partial data entry for more than half of the applications and have been randomly approving some applications with absolutely NO regard to FIFO (first-in-first-out), which the DOL had promised during the inception of the BECs.

There are more twists to our unfortunate story including the establishment of a FASTER labor certification process called PERM which came into affect earlier this year. The individuals who have filed using PERM in 2005 are being granted the labor certification but we who didn't have the luxary of PERM in 2001-2004 are all stuck with the BEC and are feeling ignored to say the least.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and my spouses working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century. As you can imagine, this never-ending wait puts our and our family’s lives on hold. The decisions to buying a home - an american dream seems to be an unreachable goal now after spending many years in the labor certification queue.

We - the affected individuals are seeking all possible help that we can get to wake up the slow process in Philly BEC. We will be very grateful for your help in this matter and would appreciate it very much if you could help us in spreading the awareness to the appropriate individuals at Philly BEC with your program. We only ask to get a fair and timely adjudication in this process but in the absence of this, at least get an answer about the status and expected timing for adjudication of my case from the DOL would be welcome by more than 300,000 affected people.

Kind regards,
MyName - a member of an affected community of 300,000 that share the same pain and suffering.

For more info- http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149224

Why so long?

I submitted my labor application in April 2003 from DC via the Traditional method. In August 2004, my application was sent to the regional certifying office, and then came the BEC. I got a 45 day letter which was answered in Feb 2005, but I have yet to get an approval or hear anything. Is it normal for 8 months to go by after 45 day letter and not hear anything?

Please advise

it would help if you post the email adress of 20/20 as well

please post the email address so we can email the same letter as well

PLEASE READ:

Below is the email address and phone number

ABC:

CBS:

I highly recommend that you
a) Send emails & letters to your favorite news channels and local news papers
b) Encouraging others to send emails to ABC/NBC/CBS by posting a link to this thread in other forums you visit or just cut and copy below content to other forums.

Below is the content of the email which you could send to these news agencies, all you need to do is Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V in case you are to tired to write a letter... come on guys it will take 5 mins of your time.

-----------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir or Madam

I wish to introduce myself as XXXX. I am an "NATIONALITY" and came to this country in "YEAR" on an H1B visa. I am a "PROFESSIONAL ???? ENGINEER" and I have been working in the USA by paying my taxes on time. My only goal is to get better quality of life and provide the best for my family. In doing this I have always been a law abiding person and never breached any laws in this country. In this process I have always maintained my legal status and I have been trying to get my ‘GREEN CARD” thru my employer

Due to delay in labor certifications from labor department & then due to the visa numbers unavailability, people like me might get only get green cards after 10 more years. In reality & logically this process should not exceed 12-24 months? The GC labor processing is killing our day to day life. We are not able to take major decisions like buying home, establish business for spouse or investing in economy in stocks etc.

As a legal, tax-paying and productive member of society, my career and working status is stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.

I request you to look at the whole community like us who are highly skilled, peace loving and helping US economy to grow

It’s almost "X" years for me now. I would appreciate if you could help people like me, who having been waiting for so long now. Please contact me for any details. There are many suffering like me & can be contacted if you look up www.immigrationportals.com

The whole working legal immigrant community will be highly indebted if you could air these issues & probably that might awaken the right authorities to look into the details & do something. These "delay in decisions" and "delay in work" is also coming at a cost of tax payers money.

Senators do not support speeding up the Green Cards process saying that the jobs are been taken by foreign workers. I do not know if Senators think or they are paid to think that way by major corporations.
Explanation: The jobs taken by foreign workers either in the U.S. or foreign countries depend on the market forces in the global economy and free trade. For the international competitions, U.S. businesses will have to rely on some foreign workers, particularly high tech professionals, no matter where they perform the jobs. However, if the job had to be done overseas by the outsourced foreign workers in a territory of a foreign country, they will not contribute to the American economy other than supply of labor forces, and these outsourced jobs will not create businesses and jobs in the related industries as they will not spend money to buy the goods and services in this country. The foreign workers who are hired and work in the country will generate and boost the country's domestic businesses and jobs as they spend their income in this country. Granted that the U.S. businesses will need their services and allegedly they will take away American jobs, the result will remain same: No matter what, whether in the form of oursourcing or hiring foreign workers within the country, probably the same number of jobs may be allegedly taken away by the global market forces. The huge difference between the two is that outsourcing of jobs will not help to create jobs and business within the country by the forced of consumption but the foreign workers in the U.S. will. Come to think of the affect of McDonald hamburger drive-in orders taken by foreign workers in a foreign country and orders taken by a foreign worker in town. Highly qualified immigrants are going back to their home country because of this delay in Green Card Processing and they are taking their jobs with them as major corporations have realized that they need this brain power and experience, so they have started opening big offices in other countries such as India, China, Thailand, Phillipines etc.
Remember: Major Corporations use this reason to open offices in other countries.

Attached letter send to Leticia Sierra from the labor department to address the labor certification delay issues.

Thanks and Have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------
Guys,

It is not enough by just saying "Way to Go" or "Thank you for doing this" when other people are trying to contact senators and TV stations.

I think it is time for every one to contact your favorite TV stations/shows such as 20-20 or 60 mins. Remember all it takes is 10 mins of your time to send a email or call, as TV shows will not spend time and make a show if the request comes from 1 person. A topic/Request is more powerful when it comes from a set of people who are affected.

I am sending a letter to those shows, I suggest you send the request too.

Below are the links spend some time by typing a short email.

TRANSCRIPTS: 1-800-777-TEXT
VIDEOTAPES: 1-800-848-3256

May the force be with you.

Support GC

DBEC approving Nov. 2003 cases!

While we, the less fortunate opnce are longering with this bastards in PBEC. I have been waiting 25 months now and 6 months from may I may lose my job.
So UNFAIR!!!!!!!!

Just now I sent the same e-mail posted by support.gc to 60minutes. wakeup guys. Try to send as many e-mails as you can.

Hi , i sent you private message. Thanks for the link, luckily my county does not classify with working visa or Green card...
What a relief...
July_2003 said:
Could you please send a private message to me too? It does not work in my county. They require to show green card when you apply for homestead exemption. And they have written in bold: "WORKING VISAS DO NOT QUILIFY FOR HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION".
There is also thread on this forum, somebody tried to sue them:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=158621&highlight=homestead+exemption