Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Its just a proposal

Its just a proposal. They are proposing this new type of visa in a new bill called Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act. You can read more at
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=10146

dude123 said:
What is the H-5A visa and who is eligible to apply for this visa?
Can we convert our H1 to H-5A?

I strongly suggest everybody on this forum, must send a note to all the sponsors of this Bill to include all H type categories.

Need help to my friend

Hello Friends,

One of my friend have question, please advice him.

Is there any advantage those who completed 6 years in USA on H1B without traveling outside USA to get GC soon in any other process?

veluru said:
Hello Friends,

One of my friend have question, please advice him.

Is there any advantage those who completed 6 years in USA on H1B without traveling outside USA to get GC soon in any other process?

Hey veluru

I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY HOPE..........i have freinds who havent gone back home in more than 7 yrs ...sometimes it feels like prison.

Infact i think even i will have a very long wait since i came in this country just 2 yrs back and dont have stamped H1.

If somebody has any ideas,views or commemts please let us know

MJOSSAN, I agree 100%

mjossan said:
Folks,
The provision in the bill says that holders of the H-5A visa will be allowed to process thier green cards at thier own after they complete 4 years of work in USA. I think we need to lobby hard and get this provision modified to include all categories of H type visas and not just new H-5A. Lets write emails to the sponsors of the bill. Sponsors are
Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Edward Kennedy (D-MA),
and Representatives Jim Kolbe (R-AZ), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)

This is what we should fight for and stop waiting on BECs to get their acts together!

LCKY2004 said:
Hey veluru

I DONT THINK THERE IS ANY HOPE..........i have freinds who havent gone back home in more than 7 yrs ...sometimes it feels like prison.

Infact i think even i will have a very long wait since i came in this country just 2 yrs back and dont have stamped H1.

If somebody has any ideas,views or commemts please let us know

Well, This is my 8th year in H1B and I will enter into 9th year next year first quarter. Last time I visited india was back in 2002, it is like a prison, frustration.....you never know when you have to visit india because of emergency issues and you need to take visa appointment to get your visa stamped in your passport...not sure if you get a successful visa stamp..it all depends on mercy of US consulate officer...it is so frustration...some time i feel that I made a big mistake to come to this country, in other hand, in these 8 yrs I have established my life here....

We are like while collar slaves!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
ciril99 said:
Well, This is my 8th year in H1B and I will enter into 9th year next year first quarter. Last time I visited india was back in 2002, it is like a prison, frustration.....you never know when you have to visit india because of emergency issues and you need to take visa appointment to get your visa stamped in your passport...not sure if you get a successful visa stamp..it all depends on mercy of US consulate officer...it is so frustration...some time i feel that I made a big mistake to come to this country, in other hand, in these 8 yrs I have established my life here....

Whats stopping you guys to goto India?
Yes. You need to plan your visit and take Visa appt ahead of time if your visa stamp has expired. Other than that - I dont think you should face any issues if you have approved H1B and other important docs (education certificates, tax papers,etc).

why are you whining?

I think the visa appointment isssues are fairly recent (since late 2004). I do agree that right now emergency travel is daunting. But if you didn't have an emergency and didn't want to go to India, that's your choice. I disagree with your statements that this is like a prison since 2002! I've been here for a while and go to India every 18 months. Now with new changes in the visa issuance process, I expect emergency needs will be addressed.

ciril99 said:

here we go.............. wait wait and wait...
We are waiting for our LC's to be approved for more than 3 years and now we also have to wait to file the 485. Irony.........
Anyway it seems like BRC's are still entering data and nobody knows how long will it take to finish entering the data although BRC is predicting that at the end of this year they will be done with their data entry. But I doubted.....
Intially i was under the impression that by the end of sep 2005 we will have an answer from BRC about the time frame of processing....but it didn't happen and they still need to enter 100000 more data partially and then send the 45 day letter and once they receive the 45 day response only then the full data entry can be started. So long way to go.....
Also at the same time they didn't mention about how many cases have been certifite by them..... strange....they only mentioned that thousands of cases were certifite.....it could be from 2000 to 99999....
Anyway from this forum it seems like people with PD of april 2002 are getting their LC approved...which is a good sign since the PBEC is progressing.
But will this random approvals continue after all the data has been entered?
People from PD of 2001 are still waiting and there is no FIFO rule at all.

Wish all of you the best.

My company has filed 2 labors for me (different states) one in 2002 and the other in 2003. Both of them are in Phili backlog center. Which one of them is considered for approval ?

Is it the one which has an earliest priority date ?
Is it necessary to withdraw one ? What is the impact, if my employer do not withdraw.Do they approve both ?

Hi RJ

RJ_NJ2002 said:
My company has filed 2 labors for me (different states) one in 2002 and the other in 2003. Both of them are in Phili backlog center. Which one of them is considered for approval ?

Is it the one which has an earliest priority date ?
Is it necessary to withdraw one ? What is the impact, if my employer do not withdraw.Do they approve both ?

Stay Cool!!! Wait until you get approval on any one of them and then withdraw the other one. By the way things are looking in PBEC I don't think they can know you have 2 applications pending. Have you got 45 Day letter for any one so far. In that case stay with that one. ( Just an opinion).

September is almost finishing ... no good news this month

I guess the information spreaded last month was not so realistic ...

just my own summary for this PBEC forum this month ,

- visa retrogression ...
- only couple approvals from PBEC ...
- Still no official announcement from DOL regarding this mess ...
- DBEC is still ahead ..
- cases approved are still random

oh my god ... God is probably angry with earth now ... serious flooding everywhere this year . No only US, look at Europe, India , China ...

:confused:

Can anyone tell me whether a person can file 485 under EB3, if he is from a country where the number of people apply for GC's are very few?

Rj_nj2002

Both your cases would be processed, DOL tried to come up with a rule saying only the later case would be processed but they withdrew it later.
As per the current law there is no rule that u cannot have multiple applications.
I have two applications, both in Dallas, I have received 45DL for the later app caused it had reached regional, 2001 app was reamanded and I haven't heard anything yet. But I am not withdrawing it and they will have to process both.

PD: 05/2002
RD: 04/2004
45 letter: 02/2005

Don't know how long it'll take to approve finally.

dont think so ...

coz on bulletin, it is all world ...

mekha said:
Can anyone tell me whether a person can file 485 under EB3, if he is from a country where the number of people apply for GC's are very few?

Hiya guys.

I have been lurking in this forum for the past couple days after my friend told me about this site. seems like I'm not the only one who's been frustrated wating for my LC.

With the retrogression, it's goign to be a longer wait. ALl I hope you is that I get my LC and at least can somewhat move on to the next step, whenever an slot for 485 is available. can someone kindly give me any indication where would I stand in the queue??

* seems like there is no trend according to some but any information would be helpful!!: )

Here are my details

PD at California EDD: June 21, 2002
Type: RIR EB-2
RD at SFO, California Regional Office: May 5, 2003
45-day letter received: 2/3/05

ETA case number is P-04308-33XXX

bengao said:
PD: 05/2002
RD: 04/2004
45 letter: 02/2005

Don't know how long it'll take to approve finally.

which state did you file from (possibly VA or MD since PBEC is only interested in VA/MD nowadays)? How/When did you get to know that your status is final review?

Link to Latest Tracker

Can someone please point me to the latest tracker. Looks like PBEC is making progress. I have seen a number of approvals in this forum in the recent days. What is the latest PD they are at?

chinglun said:
I guess the information spreaded last month was not so realistic ...

just my own summary for this PBEC forum this month ,

- visa retrogression ...
- only couple approvals from PBEC ...
- Still no official announcement from DOL regarding this mess ...
- DBEC is still ahead ..
- cases approved are still random

oh my god ... God is probably angry with earth now ... serious flooding everywhere this year . No only US, look at Europe, India , China ...

:confused:

Lot of people were saying BEC will complete it data entry by end of September. Any updates ?
Probably we should give them couple of more months.

Just lookat the fist post of this thread, I just don't believe we are fooled by DOL again and again and we keep on believing. You might say, we don't have choice. I disagree, atleast we should have serious demonstration and awareness effort of BEC impotence.

I completely agree with previous post, we are white collar slaves.

Last edited by a moderator: