Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ItsTough said:
After the retrogression... the I-485 cannot be filed unless the cutoff date has reached your priority date.. How and where do we check if I-485 priority date has changed and gone further in the coming months.. any ideas?

Yes you can either go to the State Department website:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2631.html

Or most attorney post the info on their website but the official posting is on the link above.

Very good news

My PD 10/23/2001. Screenshot status = RIR yesterday. Thanks for DOL sending me this good news. They are very efficient.

I checked my status for heck of it (not needed for 7yr, I actually need it next year this time :p )
Case status: RIR
Case source: Region
Priority date: Nov 2001

I guess when you mentioned "They are very efficient", that is sarcastic right!!! Having waiting from Oct 2001 how could somebody say they are efficient :eek:
smallriver said:
My PD 10/23/2001. Screenshot status = RIR yesterday. Thanks for DOL sending me this good news. They are very efficient.

Some_GreenCard said:
I guess when you mentioned "They are very efficient", that is sarcastic right!!! Having waiting from Oct 2001 how could somebody say they are efficient :eek:

What can I do then? This country is a democratic country. I have to make them happy. If not, they may keep my file for another 40 years before open it.

I gave up already. My priority date is February 2002, Ny state. I have not recieved my 45 days letter yet. I do not know that to do. Can somebody help me?

Thank you :mad:

Status=rir

I checked with my lawyer about why i am getting STATUS=RIR when i send emails to BEC. He replied that this means , my case informations is only entered in their system , and it is not been assigned to any individual for further processing.
May be this is true.

case status question !!

Thanks....clicked on your link and got status message info...still it looks confusing to me ....

Screenshot for me shows case status as RIR and at the end of the screenshot below is displayed...

what does that mean ?

USCISisMockery said:
Might be we need another FAQ about that :)

Here it is

I am still concerned if its okay to send email at h1b7year address.

Urszula said:
I gave up already. My priority date is February 2002, Ny state. I have not recieved my 45 days letter yet. I do not know that to do. Can somebody help me?

Thank you :mad:

I'm in the same boat .....

I sent an email to the 7 year ext. address and received the standard paragraph that it is in process (no screenshot)

I sent a 2nd email again (4 weeks later) - hoping to get a screenshot and the reply i got was "this address is for 7 year ext's only, not for status, etc. etc." basically don't email this address again

So ..... I don't know what to do now ? How comes nearly everyone else who emails that same address gets a screenshot .... and a limited few initially got the standard paragraph ?

I have no number whether it be a P# or T#
no clue where I stand
no 45 day letter

This is past a joke !! :mad:

Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330)

Folks,
The provision in the bill says that holders of the H-5A visa will be allowed to process thier green cards at thier own after they complete 4 years of work in USA. I think we need to lobby hard and get this provision modified to include all categories of H type visas and not just new H-5A. Lets write emails to the sponsors of the bill. Sponsors are
Senators John McCain (R-AZ) and Edward Kennedy (D-MA),
and Representatives Jim Kolbe (R-AZ), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)

schmooze said:
Apologies if some one already posted this...

Since people from all nationality are impacted by this – there is a US national wide lobby day on Sept 21st.

Please send in your support for this lobbying effort by calling, writing or going to Washington, DC on this date.

Here is the information. Please feel free to send this information to anyone whom you feel is impacted or would support

September 21, our coalition partner, the New American Opportunity Campaign, will be holding a Lobby Day in Washington, DC, in support of the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act. If you plan to come to Washington to lobby, please contact Jen Sorenson at jsorenson@aila.org. For those who can't make it, the AILA Advocacy Department is organizing a National Call-In and Write-In Day on the same day. Please add your voice to this effort by calling or writing your Senators and Representative and letting them know that you support comprehensive reform. You can reach the Capitol Switchboard at 202-224-3121, or click here to send a letter: http://capwiz.com/aila2/mail/oneclick_compose/?alertid=7614761. For more information and talking points, follow this link: http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?bc=6712|10997|17453.

Suhel said:
I'm in the same boat .....

I sent an email to the 7 year ext. address and received the standard paragraph that it is in process (no screenshot)

I sent a 2nd email again (4 weeks later) - hoping to get a screenshot and the reply i got was "this address is for 7 year ext's only, not for status, etc. etc." basically don't email this address again

So ..... I don't know what to do now ? How comes nearly everyone else who emails that same address gets a screenshot .... and a limited few initially got the standard paragraph ?

I have no number whether it be a P# or T#
no clue where I stand
no 45 day letter

This is past a joke !! :mad:

guys, you have to say you need proof for 7th year extension, if you just say you need status, they'll ignore your email.

Its the next section

Nayak,

See my previous posts about this. Your case status is still RIR. Data Review is the heading of the next section. Case Status is part of the first section (Title: Case Information). When the copied from the screen, the analyst might have copied until the heading of the next section. Hope its clear now.

Hope you get your LC certified soon

TakeCare
NAYAK said:
Thanks....clicked on your link and got status message
info...still it looks confusing to me ....

Screenshot for me shows case status as RIR and at the end of the screenshot below is displayed...

what does that mean ?

smallriver said:
What can I do then? This country is a democratic country. I have to make them happy. If not, they may keep my file for another 40 years before open it.

Yes, they are efficient in delaying the Labor certifiaction process deliberately

SN

mjossan said:
Folks,
The provision in the bill says that holders of the H-5A visa will be allowed to process thier green cards at thier own after they complete 4 years of work in USA. I think we need to lobby hard and get this provision modified to include all categories of H type visas and not just new H-5A. Lets write emails to the sponsors of the bill. Sponsors are
and Representatives Jim Kolbe (R-AZ), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)

What is the H-5A visa and who is eligible to apply for this visa?
Can we convert our H1 to H-5A?

I strongly suggest everybody on this forum, must send a note to all the sponsors of this Bill to include all H type categories.

mdgc2001 said:
Nayak,

See my previous posts about this. Your case status is still RIR. Data Review is the heading of the next section. Case Status is part of the first section (Title: Case Information). When the copied from the screen, the analyst might have copied until the heading of the next section. Hope its clear now.

Hope you get your LC certified soon

TakeCare

My screenshot shows on the first section, CASE INFORMATION:

Processing Type: RIR
Case Received Date: 10/15/2004
Case Status: Data Review
Priority Date: 04/17/2003

And then, in the next section, DATA REVIEW, it says:

Date Submitted: 11/24/2004
Date Signed: 03/12/2003

I saw people with Case Status: Final Review.

Does anybody know the difference between these two case status? :confused:

Thanks,

Marvadur

Last edited by a moderator:
Immigration Reform Delayed

Not sure how many folks watch the boring set of CSPAN channels. But in a very recent program I saw a discussion on Katrina's impact and they stated that the following initiatives were to be delayed -
- Social Security Reform
- Immigration Reform
- etc, etc

Unfortunately, 'Immigration Reform' was one of them and I was not too happy to hear that. Not sure where this leads us ... now that we have Rita coming ..shhhh..

mjossan said:
Folks,

Sahil2002 said:
Not sure how many folks watch the boring set of CSPAN channels. But in a very recent program I saw a discussion on Katrina's impact and they stated that the following initiatives were to be delayed -
- Social Security Reform
- Immigration Reform
- etc, etc

Unfortunately, 'Immigration Reform' was one of them and I was not too happy to hear that. Not sure where this leads us ... now that we have Rita coming ..shhhh..

You should be happy for that. We don't need anymore "Immigration reform". We are sitting in this pool of shit because of so called immigration reform they made a few years back.