Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

you are probably in the same boat as me ...

mine status was shown as RIR weeks back ...
dont expect anything to happen quick ... :mad:

ichuen said:
Hiya guys.

I have been lurking in this forum for the past couple days after my friend told me about this site. seems like I'm not the only one who's been frustrated wating for my LC.

With the retrogression, it's goign to be a longer wait. ALl I hope you is that I get my LC and at least can somewhat move on to the next step, whenever an slot for 485 is available. can someone kindly give me any indication where would I stand in the queue??

* seems like there is no trend according to some but any information would be helpful!!: )

Here are my details

PD at California EDD: June 21, 2002
Type: RIR EB-2
RD at SFO, California Regional Office: May 5, 2003
45-day letter received: 2/3/05

ETA case number is P-04308-33XXX

Guys...

I dont think it is the right time for any demonstration..no one will even look at us. The whole country is looking at Rita and the soaring gas prices...
Maybe we should wait until things calm down so that we can be heard...

Really hope Rita is not as as bad a Katrina..otherwise it is will become bad to worse for us..No one will be ready to hear our misery...

StressTestInUSA said:
Guys...

I dont think it is the right time for any demonstration..no one will even look at us. The whole country is looking at Rita and the soaring gas prices...
Maybe we should wait until things calm down so that we can be heard...

Really hope Rita is not as as bad a Katrina..otherwise it is will become bad to worse for us..No one will be ready to hear our misery...

You are absolutely correct about demonstration. But we can always have targeted awareness efforts. For example sending ILW's letters (that I posted link yesterday here) to contact list in the thread of signature.

I'll appericiate if every body can forward following message to the sponsors of Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330) bill. More info regarding this bill can be found at
http://www.aila.org/content/default.aspx?docid=10146

You can modify the following message as you want.

I strongly support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330) and will like to suggest another addition to the bill which can be very useful for the H1B visa holders in this country.
One of the provisions in the bill says that holders of the H-5A visa will be allowed to process their Green cards on their own after they complete 4 years of work in USA. I think it will be very useful if this provision can be modified to include all categories of H type visas and not just new H-5A.

Message can be forwarded using forms at following URLs.

John McCain
http://mccain.senate.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=Contact.Home

Edward Kennedy
http://kennedy.senate.gov/contact.html

I'll really appericiate if somebody can find email addresses for the following sponsors and post them here so that the message can be forwarded to them.
Representatives Jim Kolbe (R-AZ), Jeff Flake (R-AZ), and Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)

How does the Retro thing affect getting the EAD?

I am under the impression that as long as u file for I140 and have 1485 waiting for more than 3 months, at least ur spouse can get a EAD.

If I have to wait 3-4 years to get even the EAD, then either I will go back to India or else my wife will divorce me!!

If you don't file 485 then there is no question of getting EAD. Once you have visa numbers available for you and your spouse then you should be able to get EAD within 3 months. However you will not get the Green Card till the time 485 date becomes current with your PD date. Basically you have to keep renewing your EAD till you get the Green Card.

gcmail said:
I am under the impression that as long as u file for I140 and have 1485 waiting for more than 3 months, at least ur spouse can get a EAD.

If I have to wait 3-4 years to get even the EAD, then either I will go back to India or else my wife will divorce me!!

Re: Consular Processing

Would it be a better idea to go for consular processing instead of waiting for the 485 thing? I wonder how long will it take to get 1-140 approved. Very frustrated now because I don't know what to do and I need to get another job. Cannot enslave myself for a company and not reaping the benifits. I guess I may have to call it a day and go back home.

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, finally just got a call from the attorney

that my labor got certified. Off to 140 but does no good... :-(((((

filed: Apr.2002 from MD

Retrogression of 485 dates affects Consular Processing also since it is either a choice between filing via 485 or CP to get your Green Card. Either way all of us are screwed. :(

spicegirl said:
Would it be a better idea to go for consular processing instead of waiting for the 485 thing? I wonder how long will it take to get 1-140 approved. Very frustrated now because I don't know what to do and I need to get another job. Cannot enslave myself for a company and not reaping the benifits. I guess I may have to call it a day and go back home.

mjossan said:
I'll appericiate if every body can forward following message to the sponsors of Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330) bill. More info regarding this bill can be found at

I strongly support the Secure America and Orderly Immigration Act of 2005 (H.R. 2330) and will like to suggest another addition to the bill which can be very useful for the H1B visa holders in this country.
One of the provisions in the bill says that holders of the H-5A visa will be allowed to process their Green cards on their own after they complete 4 years of work in USA. I think it will be very useful if this provision can be modified to include all categories of H type visas and not just new H-5A.

John McCain

Edward Kennedy

I'll really appericiate if somebody can find email addresses for the following sponsors and post them here so that the message can be forwarded to them.

contact Kolbe here

I stronly urge everybody follow AILA take action page

Automated response

This is what I received when I mailed out my support letter.

Thank you for your message. Hearing from people like you is important because it allows me to better understand the constituents that I serve in the United States Senate.
As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues – this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.
Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://kennedy.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.
Warmest regards

Ted Kennedy

mjossan said:

John McCain

Edward Kennedy

Good News and Congratulations

Beam said:

Can you give me a explaination why my case (PD = 10/23/2001 MD) is still RIR? Just kiddding. Congratulations anyway.

smallriver said:
Can you give me a explaination why my case (PD = 10/23/2001 MD) is still RIR? Just kiddding. Congratulations anyway.

Because you are not the chosen one :)
I hope PBEC is not planning to hire displaced people from NO to work on labor certifications...J/K

I asked for a screen shot after 3 months. The screen shot still say status "Incomplete".The only difference that I am seeing compared to my previous screen shot is that the case recieved date is not blank.All other entries are same . Why is it showing case recieved date now ? God knows.

RIR, PD : 09/2002, NJ, No 45 day letter,Phily

smallriver said:

Don't worry!! you will have your time to show off in I485 when (if) you get your LC cleared :) :D

Congratulations Beam

Beam said:

Did you check your case status anytime recently? If yes were you put on "final review" status and how much time they took to certify your case?
Can you post more information regarding your case. Like pd, rd, rir or non rir, eb2 or 3, eta case number, 45 day letter recieve date and response date, state etc?

Thanks

Will the approval notice be sent to employer at same time? My 45-day letter is received at Jan, 2005. I found my attorney's address in 45-day letter is completely wrong (999 Chief Operating Officer, Rockville, MD). Not sure if this is typo or computer software problem and if they fixed the problem or not.
----------
RIR EB3 VA April 2002 REGION

Maybe they have input it to show that they are still working on your case.. :)

Just kiddin'.... In my screenshot, case received date is almost same as my PD. Is it the same as yours ?

RJ_NJ2002 said:
I asked for a screen shot after 3 months. The screen shot still say status "Incomplete".The only difference that I am seeing compared to my previous screen shot is that the case recieved date is not blank.All other entries are same . Why is it showing case recieved date now ? God knows.

RIR, PD : 09/2002, NJ, No 45 day letter,Phily

Yes.It is same.

GC_from_NJ said:
Maybe they have input it to show that they are still working on your case.. :)

Just kiddin'.... In my screenshot, case received date is almost same as my PD. Is it the same as yours ?