Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

My lawyer and HR received the 45-day letter and an Address/Employer Name mismatch evidence thing on 2/10. Letter needs to be replied back by 3.28.05. My HR/Lawyer did not even mention it. I am happy that my lawyer's website has a status thing..that mentioned it. Funny thing is the return date is not within 45 days but 48 days (2/10-3/28).

mvinays: You should expect your letter anytime soon since ours was received in the same month. Could you please update the spreadsheet as well? Thanks.

Now that I am in the queue just like so many of you out there, lets hope for the approvals to begin soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Labour Applied in Aug 2002 in Maryland

Guys,

I applied Labour in Maryland in Aug 2002. My lawyer told me he has not got the 45 day letter. Do anyone know how to check whether letter is sent out or not...

thanks
Pabhski

pabhski said:
Guys,

I applied Labour in Maryland in Aug 2002. My lawyer told me he has not got the 45 day letter. Do anyone know how to check whether letter is sent out or not...

thanks
Pabhski

I guess MD cases are the worst. Mine is Feb'2002. I haven't received anything.

Reply from Dallas BEC

PD Dec 2002 - NJ SWA :mad:

I got the following reply(looks like a standard one) from Dallas BEC when I wrote to status@DAL.DFLC.US for the status of my case. I have also written an email to status@phi.DFLC.US but no answer yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your comments will be welcomed

I worked as Tech. Support Analys and last week my case was transfered to BEC (45 days letter). Recently my company annouced that they are outsourcing Tech support to a local service provider and we all will be rebaged to that company. I have some concerns about LC , I -140 filing. Would appreciate the forum opinion on those concerns:

1) If I accept the rebaged, can the new company get my H1 transfer (new) taking into consideration about the present quota of H1.

2) What will happen if after 90 days (as predicted) I get my certification and am still with old company but in a period of time I might get rebadge to new company. What will happen to my I-140? Can my new company file I-140 with old LC or I have to file LC once again.

3) Lastly if I can avoid outsourcing by accepting another position in the same old company E.G. Data Analysts, Operation Analyst...in such case what will happen to my LC / I-140. Note: My salary will be same but my tittle or position will be different.

:confused:
RIR-EB3 Virginia
SWA - 05/02/2003
DOL - 11/02/2004
45 days Letter - 02/11/2005

I got the same email

When I inquired about an old LC. It made me wondering how they know that the case has been transfered to BEC if no case number is assigned. For what I learned here, they assign the case number when they enter data of the case into the system. I think they use the same format for any inquires that are not found yet in their system, regardless whether the case is transfered or not.

labor_dec02 said:
PD Dec 2002 - NJ SWA :mad:

I got the following reply(looks like a standard one) from Dallas BEC when I wrote to status@DAL.DFLC.US for the status of my case. I have also written an email to status@phi.DFLC.US but no answer yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Requestor:

The purpose of this letter is to acknowledge your request regarding the status of the above-referenced case.

The new case number is: NOT YET ASSIGNED

The above-referenced case has been transferred to one of the Division of Foreign Labor Certification’s Backlog Processing Centers. At this time, we are unable to provide any additional status information on Permanent Labor Certifications. All Processing Center files are in the process of being transferred into a new database. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-day letter will be issued on all applications and additional information will be requested from the employer if needed.

Please do not request additional status information for at least 90 days after responding to the 45-day letter.

Sincerely,

DFLC Backlog Processing Center
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

mast1006 said:
1) If I accept the rebaged, can the new company get my H1 transfer (new) taking into consideration about the present quota of H1.

H1 transfer is not subject to Any Quota. You can get any number of H1 transfers. the Annual quota is for NEW H1s..

2) What will happen if after 90 days (as predicted) I get my certification and am still with old company but in a period of time I might get rebadge to new company. What will happen to my I-140? Can my new company file I-140 with old LC or I have to file LC once again.

If your current company does not withdraw the I-140/LC you can still get it processed & After 180 days of I-485 you can inform USCIS about job change (Use of AC-21)

3) Lastly if I can avoid outsourcing by accepting another position in the same old company E.G. Data Analysts, Operation Analyst...in such case what will happen to my LC / I-140. Note: My salary will be same but my tittle or position will be different.

Again, Your current title/salary/position has nothing to do with LC/I-140 Job Title/Salary.. As long as your employer continues the LC/I-140 sponsership you are fine

Hi GP11,

1. if title changes, does it affect DOT Code ? Do we need to inform DOL/SWA regarding this title change ? (Say Engineer to Senior Engineer / Staff Engineer like that...)

2. If Salary increases due to annual performance report, does it required to be in same range of Prevailing Wages ? How does prevailing wages affect salary increases ?

Thanks
&
Regards,
dkgdkg.

Last edited by a moderator:
dkgdkg said:
1. if title changes, does it affect DOT Code ? Do we need to inform DOL/SWA regarding this title change ? (Say Engineer to Senior Engineer / Staff Engineer like that...)

No You need not inform DOL/SWA as the LC if for Future Job.. If the job description or Salary changes too much (I mean Engineer to Manager .. or Software Developer to Database Admin... 60K (offered in LC) to 100K.. you may get RFE/NOF during I-140. otherwise you are fine

2. If Salary increases due to annual performance report, does it required to be in same range of Prevailing Wages ? How does prevailing wages affect salary increases ?

again, prevailing wages to be seen for Salary Offered in LC (Salary after you get GC) so Current salary does not matter. however, if currenly getting 50K & offered in 85K or Viceversa you may get NOF from USCIS

Thanks
&
Regards,
dkgdkg.

NO 45-Day letter till now.

GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
send mail to ,, status@DAL.DFLC.US -- for dallas BEC
status@phi.dflc.us - for Philly BEC e-mail

email address: status@DAL.DFLC.US or status@phi.dflc.us
email subject:Case status request
email Body ONLY THREE LINES ..:
Company name : "Your Company"
First Name:"Yr First Name"
Last Name:"Yr Last Name"

with in 3 business days you will get reply.. for your case

I sent a mail and got this reply from Phily. I haven't received 45-day till now. Nothing could be more vexing than waiting for LC.

At this time, we are unable to provide any status information on
Permanent Labor Certifications. Please contact your employer or
attorney.

Originally Posted by mast1006

H1 transfer is not subject to Any Quota. You can get any number of H1 transfers. the Annual quota is for NEW H1s..

If your current company does not withdraw the I-140/LC you can still get it processed & After 180 days of I-485 you can inform USCIS about job change (Use of AC-21)

Again, Your current title/salary/position has nothing to do with LC/I-140 Job Title/Salary.. As long as your employer continues the LC/I-140 sponsership you are fine

Thanks (gp111) , appreciate your comments.

Whew! Got my love letter...

Would appreciate the keepers of the tracker updating it.
Got the letter today.

--spidey
PA SESA PD 04/16/2002
PA Regional RD 04/2004
45 day love letter recd 02/22/2005
non-RIR / EB2
Spins a web....

gp111 said:
Nop.. Not Yet.
Hi GP111,
Even I have not got letter for my case # : P-04299-27***
I want to check whether my letter was lost. Is there a way we can check with BECs?
Thanks.

gp111
Did you talk you lawyer about 45 day letter? When it will be likely we will receive the 45day letter?

PD:09/23/2002
RD:08/06/2003
New case number :p-04320-009xx
45 day letter not received

Chipman said:
gp111
Did you talk you lawyer about 45 day letter? When it will be likely we will receive the 45day letter?

PD:09/23/2002
RD:08/06/2003
New case number :p-04320-009xx
45 day letter not received

I am asking him everyday..

pattern of receiving 45 Day Letter is very random & as per my attorney "Its hard to guess when will the mighty letter arrive"

mast1006 said:
I worked as Tech. Support Analys and last week my case was transfered to BEC (45 days letter). Recently my company annouced that they are outsourcing Tech support to a local service provider and we all will be rebaged to that company. I have some concerns about LC , I -140 filing. Would appreciate the forum opinion on those concerns:

H1 Transfer is not related to GC,
Transfer can happen and validity depends on no. of years left on your currect cumulative H1 (total 6yrs).

GC is for future Employment.
If LC is processed from Company A and still continue to process for I140 and 485 stages, there is no issues,
Unless Acquired from Company B which requires amendments.

Internnaly what happens is between you and your employer, Your Appln should not change with type of Designation,Nature of Job, Place of work

:confused:
RIR-EB3 Virginia
SWA - 05/02/2003
DOL - 11/02/2004

I would suggest should seek a good Immi lawyer for consultation before any decesion is reached.

gp111 said:

pattern of receiving 45 Day Letter is very random & as per my attorney "Its hard to guess when will the mighty letter arrive"

GP111

I would suggest based on your New CASe NO. YOu can send an preemptive letter stating from your employer/Attorney that they are intrested in continuation.
There is nothing wrong in sending one so for any Postal misfortune you folks may not be held responsible.

gp111 said:

If you know your new case number you can make a guess. Thx,