Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

ok tikal if i am now in my home country what i can do ?or the case wil complete any time or i should enter USA soon?
i have sent to u private massege

juntha said:
Well basically i came in the country in 25 November 2000 almost 6 months after my H1b was approved (approved in 15 June 2000). The 6 year limit should be in theory the 15th of june 2006, but i will reclaim the 6 months lost meaning that my 6 year limit will be on November 25th 2006 giving me 1 year and 4 months to go thru PERM etc with the new company.
Is it worth restarting from scratch or wait quietly for PBEC to process my April 2001 SWA case ? Is it worth losing my priority date ?

As far as I understand H1B stay requirements, CIS will consider your 6 year limit to expire only on Nov 25, 2006 as the clock starts ticking only on arrival date, not approval date. However, pls consult your attorney and double check.

MannyD said:
As far as I understand H1B stay requirements, CIS will consider your 6 year limit to expire only on Nov 25, 2006 as the clock starts ticking only on arrival date, not approval date. However, pls consult your attorney and double check.

Thanks Manny. I just found the answer on Rajiv website. It IS upon arrival in the US with a H1b visa. You are right, it will be November 25. Which gives me 1 year and 3 month roughly to go thru PERM. 3 month to advertise then PERM filled on the 25th of november 2005 at the latest giving me a chance to apply for a 7th year extension if it goes slow...I think it s do-able, Maybe it s worth losing this 2001 priority date... Thanks again.

hello manndy can u help me about elimination center i have received ETA case number i need to know if they sent 45dayletter to my employer ?
and i am now in my home country but i follow my case from my home country and my case will complete if iam in my country or closed

PBEC Processing - Quickview

Guys, just one case from VA got reported in two days. I hope we see more approvals soon.

Please use your own judgment in drawing conclusions from this list. For a detailed list please check the tracker maintained by JustWatching. Good luck to all!

sb41(contact) [PD: March 2002; CERTIFIED (08-Sept-05); State: VA; Regional: Yes]

msasma2000, if you need to know about the 45 day letter, ask your employer or lawyer. They are the ones who would receive that letter. Your lawyer would be the best person to ask your other question..

msasma2000 said:
hello manndy can u help me about elimination center i have received ETA case number i need to know if they sent 45dayletter to my employer ?
and i am now in my home country but i follow my case from my home country and my case will complete if iam in my country or closed

MannyD said:
Thats right. Clock starts when you enter the country; not when H1 is approved. My H1 was approved in Oct 1998. I entered the country in Mar 1999. I was able to get regular H1 extension thru Mar 2005; after which I am now dependent on the 1 yr extension based on pending labor.

For msasma2000

Check the PM I've sent you. The attorney/employer would send the 45 day letter duly signed to the BEC for your Labor application continuation. You don't need to be in the US. But stay in sync with your lawyer/employer.

As far as the case completion & your absence from the US goes, it takes a few months from 45 day letter receipt to adjudication. With the new ruling of filing 140/485 within 45 days of LC approval, you may have to be here for medicals etc, but that is still a few months to a year away.

msasma2000 said:
ok tikal if i am now in my home country what i can do ?or the case wil complete any time or i should enter USA soon?
i have sent to u private massege

Last edited by a moderator:
msasma2000 said:
hello juntha i c you online can u help me about last massege i sent

The best way is to contact your employer or your attorney. You shouldn t be too worried if i were you, there are still a bunch of people that haven t received a 45 days letter. Nothing to be worried about yet. I suspect your situation doesn t call for a h1b 7th year inquiry, but if it does, use the PBEC email to check the status.
In the unfortunate case something went wrong like the letter got lost or the attorney/employer forgot/lost the 45 days letter, your employer will receive a notice for case closed... that yu can still re-open if it was closed by mistake. What are the odd of 2 letters being lost...
Finally,( i know people are going to laugh on that one ;) ), but DOL installed a rigourous quality control and they certified that NO cases were lost between the transfert from SWA/Regional and the 2 BECs.
Just be patient.

tikal said:
As far as the case completion & your absence from the US goes, it takes a few months from 45 day letter receipt to adjudication.

Urgh... I wish.
That is true only if he/she got a labor case that went to regional. For the SWA cases like me.. a few months will turn in a few years.

hello( juntha )
i need to thank u but i need to know when they will sent 45days letter to my employer and give me the e_mails to check my case status by mails u know i am now in my home country and my case transfered to elimination center with ETA case number

For msasma2000

If you haven't rec'd the 45 day letter, your attorney/employer will inform you when they receive it. But since you say that you have received the ETA case#, so you must have rec'd this. It is completely unclear what you are trying to ask people here.

In any case, again stay in sync with your employer/attorney. If your employer does not support you, then you are a 'kati patang', and unfortunately there isn't much you can do.

You need to tell us clearly [1] when you applied for your labor [2] which state was it applied from [3] if it cleared State or it went directly to BEC [4] if you have received the 45 day letter for us to better understand what your situation is. Hope things will work out for you.

msasma2000 said:
i need to thank u but i need to know when they will sent 45days letter to my employer and give me the e_mails to check my case status by mails u know i am now in my home country and my case transfered to elimination center with ETA case number

Last edited by a moderator:
juntha, meilleurs vœux...

juntha said:
Urgh... I wish.
That is true only if he/she got a labor case that went to regional. For the SWA cases like me.. a few months will turn in a few years.

vine95050 said:
Guys, just one case from VA got reported in two days. I hope we see more approvals soon.

Please use your own judgment in drawing conclusions from this list. For a detailed list please check the tracker maintained by JustWatching. Good luck to all!

sb41(contact) [PD: March 2002; CERTIFIED (08-Sept-05); State: VA; Regional: Yes]

formatted to exel for easy reading

PBEC PD distribution

Thanks pran10 for the pointer, but that is a tracker of 871 data points (0.25% sample of the 360,000 pending cases) over the 2 BECs. What I am really looking for is a distribution of cases by PD month in PBEC. i.e. a list like the foll. that someone here had scraped off a site but I forgot to save it.

Sample data
PBEC
PD mth fromSWA fromRegional
4.2001 2,000 5,000
5.2001 800 1,000
… … …
3.2005 600 0

pran10 said:

for tikal

thanx tikal but i ask if i have ETA case # this mean that they sent the 45day letter
sry tikal i am now at home country and i didnt know any thing about my case

ETA Number Query

Hi,
Could anyone please let me know how do you get the ETA # . Is it only obtained from the screenshot ?

Is a T- ... ETA number assigned automatically by DOL before the 45 day letter is sent and is then coverted to a P-... number after the 45 day letter is replied.

My lawyer has received the 45 day letter, but my lawyer is saying that they don't have any ETA # for my case. Is this possible ?

Any response would be appreciated.