Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

agree with 2nd paragraph ...

yours_sincerely said:
I think DOL already made it clear that they are going to be able to do FIFO only after all the data is in the system. If someone is expecting even data entry to be FIFO it is asking for too much from them. First of all we do not know what information is available on the tops/sides of boxes in terms of month or year. Even if we assume that the lazy guys at the state DOLs actually put this info on tops of the boxes we don't know how many boxes there are, in total, and how they are piled up. I just hope they pick up a decent number of boxes and enter all the data in those boxes into their system sincerely until everything is finished. Only when all the data entry is over and Phily BEC confirms this in some documentor AILA meeting, can we expect anything near to FIFO.
Also, we have not seen enough approvals to assume anything about the dates Phily is processing. We are just seeing a few cases here and there and assuming the dates are moving. The idea of just publishing no. of certifications/final reviews, though appreciable, is misleading to some extent as we tend to lose perspective if we don't have the whole list of people from the tracker (thats the best sample we got even though it might not be representative enough).

yours_sincerely said:
I think DOL already made it clear that they are going to be able to do FIFO only after all the data is in the system. If someone is expecting even data entry to be FIFO it is asking for too much from them. First of all we do not know what information is available on the tops/sides of boxes in terms of month or year. Even if we assume that the lazy guys at the state DOLs actually put this info on tops of the boxes we don't know how many boxes there are, in total, and how they are piled up. I just hope they pick up a decent number of boxes and enter all the data in those boxes into their system sincerely until everything is finished. Only when all the data entry is over and Phily BEC confirms this in some documentor AILA meeting, can we expect anything near to FIFO.
Also, we have not seen enough approvals to assume anything about the dates Phily is processing. We are just seeing a few cases here and there and assuming the dates are moving. The idea of just publishing no. of certifications/final reviews, though appreciable, is misleading to some extent as we tend to lose perspective if we don't have the whole list of people from the tracker (thats the best sample we got even though it might not be representative enough).
I don't believe FIFO has ever been clearly defined. It is subject to the interpretation of the field officers. If they think it is FIFO, it is, no matter how absurd it seems to you. As I predicted when BEC was set up, even though they had proposed to finished the job in 24 months for the contract, it has been changed to 24-30 months, and the starting date has been changed to March 28, 2005 (rather than August 20, 2004), that they would not finish the job in the time stipulated. And still I don't believe they can even from today. It is simply typical of federal government contracts and human nature and in this labor environment, no politicians will ever get into it. I am not discouraging people from trying because trying is better than doing nothing at all.

USCISisMockery said:
Golden question is WHEN

BTW, Each state would have atmost 5 boxes (1 for each year, if you look at shipping schedule given SWA), so in total you have atmost 250 boxes. Its hard to sort out 250 labeled boxes by date and state ?

If SWA hasn't packed it properly, somebody should be held accountable ?

That is the key ... SWAs did not pack properly. If you look at the shipping schedule, they packed a bunch of application with overlapping PDs in different boxes and shipped them in a disorderly manner. An example NJ:
PD range Ship date
1/2/2004 - 6/30/2004 2/16/2005
7/1/2004 - 12/30/2004 2/17/2005
1/2/2004 - 2/27/2004 2/18/2005
3/1/2004 - 3/31/2004 2/22/2005
4/1/2004 - 4/30/2004 2/23/2005
5/3/2004 - 5/28/2004 2/24/2005
6/1/2004 - 6/30/2004 2/25/2005
7/1/2004 - 7/30/2004 2/28/2005
8/2/2005 - 8/31/2004 3/1/2005
9/1/2004 - 9/30/2004 2/2/2005
10/1/2004 - 10/25/2004 2/3/2005
11/1/2004 - 11/30/2004 2/4/2005
12/1/2004 - 12/30/2004 3/7/2005
3/10/200 - 4/30/2001 3/10/2005
5/2/2001 - 5/31/2002 3/11/2005
1/3/2005 - 1/31/2005 3/15/2005
2/1/2005 - 2/28/2005 3/17/2005
3/1/2005 - 3/14/2005 3/21/2005
3/15/2005 - 3/21/2005 3/28/2005
3/22/2005 - 3/23/2005 3/30/2005
3/22/2005 - 3/23/2005 3/29/2005
3/24/2005 - 3/24/2005 3/31/2005
3/24/2005 - 3/24/2005 3/31/2005
3/25/2005 - 3/25/2005 4/4/2005
3/26/2005 - 3/27/2005 4/7/2005

No 45 day letter

a_yas said:
My friend who applied in the same day did not got any 45d letter.That means its random..

Thats true it is very random. My colleague who applied three days later got his LC approved and already applied for I140. My PD is 15th July 2002 and I have not even received any 45 day letter and case status says "CLOSED".

:mad:

I agree with you

I agree with you that the golden question is WHEN...we are all on the same page as far as ignorance about what's going on is concerned.
If they had just 5 boxes for per state, then the boxes gotta be really big to carry all the documentation. When I see my green card packet copy from the lawyer that he submitted when he filed for LC, I would imagine a box of regular size may contain at the most 100 of them. Anyways, I guess, both of us understand that these guys don't care about accountability and we are mere numbers with a low priority on their task list.

USCISisMockery said:
Golden question is WHEN

BTW, Each state would have atmost 5 boxes (1 for each year, if you look at shipping schedule given SWA), so in total you have atmost 250 boxes. Its hard to sort out 250 labeled boxes by date and state ?

USCISisMockery said:
Golden question is WHEN

The shipping schedule does not say clearly how many boxes were shipped.

In December '04 I spoke with employees of the NY SWA, they told me that at the time they had already packed over 170 boxes and they were still packing and that was only for cases upto end of 2002. Obviously that number didn't even consider the high number of cases that were submitted between 1/1/05 and 3/27/05.

Last edited by a moderator:
kcnagaraju said:
Thats true it is very random. My colleague who applied three days later got his LC approved and already applied for I140. My PD is 15th July 2002 and I have not even received any 45 day letter and case status says "CLOSED".

:mad:

I would strongly suggest you talk to your lawyer, because status CLOSED could mean they sent the letter, but never got a reply. Ask your lawyer to write them in order to re-open the case.

JustWatching said:
The shipping schedule does not say clearly how many boxes were shipped.

In December '04 I spoke with employees of the NY SWA, they told me that at the time they had already packed over 170 boxes and they were still packing and that was only for cases upto end of 2002. Obviously that number didn't even consider the high number of cases that were submitted between 1/1/05 and 3/27/05.

Exactly. I would imagine there are several thousand boxes altogether. The thing is, when they started receiving trucks full of boxes, I don't think they cared about storing the boxes in any particular order, other than "put all those boxes from NY over there" type of thing.

And, "throw the boxes from NJ in the far corner, because NJ sucks !!"

just kidding ! have a nice weekend everyone :)

I thought in september we will be taking about approval dates and how its progressing, but looks like it has turned out to be 45-day tracker month :(

Aprlc, update guidance please

Aprlc2002,

Is the previous guidance still valid? Such as 2001 and 2002 cases with 45-day letter replied, are expected to be cleared before the end of this year or evern before 15th Oct?

Given that PBEC changed policy (if there is a policy) time to time, your update is very much appreciated!

Thanks!

nk01 said:
I thought in september we will be taking about approval dates and how its progressing, but looks like it has turned out to be 45-day tracker month :(

add more information

hello every body online i have received ETA case number but i cant under stand what this case mean and i am now in my home country but i dont know if they sent to my employer 45daysletter or my case wil close if i cant enter USA
any one need any information about some thing i can help if i can

information

msasma2000 said:
hello every body online i have received ETA case number but i cant under stand what this case mean and i am now in my home country but i dont know if they sent to my employer 45daysletter or my case wil close if i cant enter USA
any one need any information about some thing i can help if i can

Hello you all. Hope you are doing well. I am happy to see things are moving along with PBEC... althou not fast enough i have to admit.
Anyhow, as many of you know, i was on my way out of the country 2 months ago but things turned out ok after all. It seems that everyone is working hard not to make me lose my LC application but it s turning into a headache for me to figure out how the INS will take the change.
Here s the problem: My company A who sponsored me, changed name (became company C) and got a company B (much bigger than company A) as partner. Company B is taking care of the financing and my paycheck. Which means that i am receiving paycheck with company B name on it. I am about to send a letter to the BCIS telling them that my company reorganized without lay-off, changed name and location, i will also tell them that company C is partner in the new company and will take care of my paycheck.
Do you think this is gonna go ok with them ?

PD distribution

Someone had posted a while back a list of # of cases broken down by <PD month, rec'd directly from SWA, & rec'd from Regional office> from 04.2001 to 03.2005 (pre-PERM). Does anyone have the pointer to this post, as it would help one to gauge one's relative position in the queue (if there is one that is).

-Tikal

juntha said:
Hello you all. Hope you are doing well. I am happy to see things are moving along with PBEC... althou not fast enough i have to admit.
Anyhow, as many of you know, i was on my way out of the country 2 months ago but things turned out ok after all. It seems that everyone is working hard not to make me lose my LC application but it s turning into a headache for me to figure out how the INS will take the change.
Here s the problem: My company A who sponsored me, changed name (became company C) and got a company B (much bigger than company A) as partner. Company B is taking care of the financing and my paycheck. Which means that i am receiving paycheck with company B name on it. I am about to send a letter to the BCIS telling them that my company reorganized without lay-off, changed name and location, i will also tell them that company C is partner in the new company and will take care of my paycheck.

why do you want to send a letter/email??

i can help

hello(jan***) i need to know some information about elimination center i have received ETA case but i cant understand what this case mean i am now on line in my yahoo msa_sma20032002
i canhelp u too

msasma2000: Just ask exactly what you need to know, and hopefully someone might have an answer for you.

msasma2000 said:
hello(jan***) i need to know some information about elimination center i have received ETA case but i cant understand what this case mean i am now on line in my yahoo msa_sma20032002
i canhelp u too

Not sure whether you're concerned about your h1b status or GC appliction.

Either case, do you have HR dept and lawyer, who's supposed to handle all these employment-based immigration stuff?

juntha said:

csrini1 said:
why do you want to send a letter/email??
Well basically i came in the country in 25 November 2000 almost 6 months after my H1b was approved (approved in 15 June 2000). The 6 year limit should be in theory the 15th of june 2006, but i will reclaim the 6 months lost meaning that my 6 year limit will be on November 25th 2006 giving me 1 year and 4 months to go thru PERM etc with the new company.
Is it worth restarting from scratch or wait quietly for PBEC to process my April 2001 SWA case ? Is it worth losing my priority date ?

Update the BCIS

juntha said:

You must update BCIS. INS has a specific form to file for company name changes.. But as far as your complications with the paycheck... consult your company or lawyer...

rpaa
VA RIR
PD: 03/2002
RD: 10/2003
45 day letter: 02/2005
Case status: Final Review