Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

cantstandit said:
APRC2002, can you make some sense out of this ?!

Palnatic's PD is 2003 from NY, and he just got the letter, while a lof of people from 2002 are still temporary ... mine for example is T-05129. How can that be !? are they generating letters at random ?!

Actually, come to think of it ... I think one possible explanation for the randomness would be the following scenario:

- during the temporary data entry, they kept the boxes with applications scattered all around;
- now that the temporary entry is completed (supposedly), they're going back to the boxes to re-enter the application fully;
- and they pick boxes at RANDOM to re-enter the data

I would imagine someone would pick a box from the warehouse, without looking at PD, and then drop it next to the poor data entry guy, and he'd enter the data; letters would then be generated for cases entered during the day/week, etc.

That would explain this mess ... problem is, if it took them 4 months (May to August) to do the temporary data entry, we could assume it will take them LONGER to re-enter it, because there's more data to enter ... so we're definitely stuck for a LONG time; plus, since letters are random, the responses will also be received randomly, therefore making any true FIFO processing impossible.

In that scenario, we'll probably see a lot of cases where recent PD's get processed before older PD's, and then when old PD's come in, they get processed, and back and forth ... what a f**** mess ... unbelievable.

I guess so

My PD is Jan'04. I received my 45DL earlier this year itself.

cantstandit said:

Palnatic's PD is 2003 from NY, and he just got the letter, while a lof of people from 2002 are still temporary ... mine for example is T-05129. How can that be !? are they generating letters at random ?!

I'm so sick and tired of this, I'm thinking of activating plan B: Canada.

NAYAK said:
they are not focusing on any state ...I am not able to guess too now...

my pd is aug 2001 from MD...still I didnot hear anything..

did u trying send a mail, requesting proof for 7th yr H1-B extension, u may find something inthere...

cantstandit said:

I'm so sick and tired of this, I'm thinking of activating plan B: Canada.

dont worry, there are people from CA with PD 2001 may/june/july, who did not get 45 day letter, so reeelaxxxx

It is not the question of who got 45 day letter and who is not.

The basic purpose of BEC's is defeated by improper planning & handling of applications by the Phili center.

csrini1 said:
dont worry, there are people from CA with PD 2001 may/june/july, who did not get 45 day letter, so reeelaxxxx

any help

i can help any one today at any time about elimination center but we can help other please i need only only chat any one can add my e_mail at yahoo msa_sma20032002 coz i know important e_mails to help us about the cases

i need the help pleaes about something i have received
ETA case no but what i can do ?
or when they will send 45 daysletter for my employer
or i wait the time only and they will send it to my employer
coz i get worried about this thing and now i am in home country i should to enter to USA

cantstandit said:
Actually, come to think of it ... I think one possible explanation for the randomness would be the following scenario:

- during the temporary data entry, they kept the boxes with applications scattered all around;
- now that the temporary entry is completed (supposedly), they're going back to the boxes to re-enter the application fully;
- and they pick boxes at RANDOM to re-enter the data

I would imagine someone would pick a box from the warehouse, without looking at PD, and then drop it next to the poor data entry guy, and he'd enter the data; letters would then be generated for cases entered during the day/week, etc.

That would explain this mess ... problem is, if it took them 4 months (May to August) to do the temporary data entry, we could assume it will take them LONGER to re-enter it, because there's more data to enter ... so we're definitely stuck for a LONG time; plus, since letters are random, the responses will also be received randomly, therefore making any true FIFO processing impossible.

In that scenario, we'll probably see a lot of cases where recent PD's get processed before older PD's, and then when old PD's come in, they get processed, and back and forth ... what a f**** mess ... unbelievable.

There is just no explanation of this mess. All boxes are marked with priority box and the state from where it came. How difficult it is to pull up 2001 box from NY/NJ/CA, then 2002 box, then 2003...
There are so many unanswered questions. And top of this, DOL can't even provide case status. I feel so helpless. If I had to start all over again, I would stay in my home country. People with PD 2003 in NJ received 45 day letter (atleast they now know that their application is with PBEC), and there are people with PD 2001, 2002 still waiting. I hope they follow FIFO while adjudicating the applications.

To fix a problem, first step is to acknowledge it. I see lot of people here try justifying DOL's randomness, but nobody has given genuine explanation.

I think we have to start new round of awareness efforts if there is no news by end of this month.

Maine state 45 day letter received PD dec 2004

All
I got a call from lawyer mentioning that 45 days letter is received.
Case filed on DEC 2004
State Maine

Thanks

I agree with USCISisMockery. This randomness has to stop.

a_yas has received his 45 DL for PD Dec 2004. While still ppl from 2001 and 2002 are waiting.

justdoit said:
I agree with USCISisMockery. This randomness has to stop.

a_yas has received his 45 DL for PD Dec 2004. While still ppl from 2001 and 2002 are waiting.

I totally agree with both of you, the randomness has to stop !

but let's think rationally, imagine a huge warehouse with thousands of boxes. Do you think the guys taking the boxes to the data entry people care about which boxes they're picking, using the PD across all states to determine which boxes to pick up first ? you're kidding, right ? that would demand a LOT of organization and planning, things the DOL is not known for.

I'm not trying to justify what they're doing, just trying to understand this crazy mess ... I hate the DOL ! :(

I am not sure how you can hate DOL. Looking at the mess that FEMA has created around relief operations in NO, I am not surprised by inefficiencies of any other US government agencies anymore. And we are talking about a group within DOL that is probably not even funded adequately. I sometimes wonder why are we all struggling in this country. What if a disaster strikes in one of the Northeastern states? Is there going to be looting, shooting and lawlessness?

45 days letter

My friend who applied in the same day did not got any 45d letter.That means its random..

Fifo

I think DOL already made it clear that they are going to be able to do FIFO only after all the data is in the system. If someone is expecting even data entry to be FIFO it is asking for too much from them. First of all we do not know what information is available on the tops/sides of boxes in terms of month or year. Even if we assume that the lazy guys at the state DOLs actually put this info on tops of the boxes we don't know how many boxes there are, in total, and how they are piled up. I just hope they pick up a decent number of boxes and enter all the data in those boxes into their system sincerely until everything is finished. Only when all the data entry is over and Phily BEC confirms this in some documentor AILA meeting, can we expect anything near to FIFO.
Also, we have not seen enough approvals to assume anything about the dates Phily is processing. We are just seeing a few cases here and there and assuming the dates are moving. The idea of just publishing no. of certifications/final reviews, though appreciable, is misleading to some extent as we tend to lose perspective if we don't have the whole list of people from the tracker (thats the best sample we got even though it might not be representative enough).

a_yas said:
My friend who applied in the same day did not got any 45d letter.That means its random..

yours_sincerely said:
I think DOL already made it clear that they are going to be able to do FIFO only after all the data is in the system.

Golden question is WHEN

BTW, Each state would have atmost 5 boxes (1 for each year, if you look at shipping schedule given SWA), so in total you have atmost 250 boxes. Its hard to sort out 250 labeled boxes by date and state ?

If SWA hasn't packed it properly, somebody should be held accountable ?

It seems people at BEC are doing the things randomly .

My case was filed in Sep 2002 in NJ. A person who filed in Aug 2002 and an other person who filed in Oct 2002 got the 45 day letter. I haven't recieved so far.

USCISisMockery said:
Golden question is WHEN

BTW, Each state would have atmost 5 boxes (1 for each year, if you look at shipping schedule given SWA), so in total you have atmost 250 boxes. Its hard to sort out 250 labeled boxes by date and state ?

If SWA hasn't packed it properly, somebody should be held accountable ?