Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

I am disappointed as people here are beginning to talk about 7th year extension and are happy about their receipt of a response from the Center about 7th year extention...

It seems people are not fighting but are discussing how to survive, still miserably...

Well, next year at this time I bet these people will be talking about 8th year extension... And be excited and happy about receving a 8th year LC pending email from the Center...

Current situation

Can anyone tell me where are we at this moment in terms of certification at PBEC?
Are they certifying any cases at this moment or not?
My PD is Oct 2002 and replied to the 45 day letter on march 2005.
And how come PBEC has SW issues where else DBEC doesn't have any?

allaboutgc said:
I am disappointed as people here are beginning to talk about 7th year extension and are happy about their receipt of a response from the Center about 7th year extention...

It seems people are not fighting but are discussing how to survive, still miserably...

Well, next year at this time I bet these people will be talking about 8th year extension... And be excited and happy about receving a 8th year LC pending email from the Center...

this is very irritating....

Not that i am discouraging activism, go ahead, be my guest. i will also be in the frontline and wave the flag. But dont dare come in here sermonizing what anyone should or should not do. everyone has their own way of dealing with stuff. None of this is easy, OK.

"Fools rush in where angels dare, the angels are in heaven but some of the fools are dead."

Last edited by a moderator:
allaboutgc said:

Yes, it is true. And if they don't wanna act like Mockery does, then suck it up! If they have a Ph.D., then I suggest them try NIW or EB1. They can get each certified within 4 monthes. And PERM for 4 days.

luckylucky said:
Yes, it is true. And if they don't wanna act like Mockery does, then suck it up! If they have a Ph.D., then I suggest them try NIW or EB1. They can get each certified within 4 monthes. And PERM for 4 days.

i Have a PhD. I wish 4 month was true....

juntha said:
i Have a PhD. I wish 4 month was true....
Then I think why don't you file for NIW or EB1? It just costs your $1,800 for some lawyer as the setup fee. If it gets approved, then you will pay $2,000 more. If not, you just lost $1,800. You just need 12 good recomendation letters and a good lawyer and $1,800.

luckylucky said:
Then I think why don't you file for NIW or EB1? It just costs your $1,800 for some lawyer as the setup fee. If it gets approved, then you will pay $2,000 more. If not, you just lost $1,800. You just need 12 good recomendation letters and a good lawyer and $1,800.

(sorry in advance guys for the Out-of topics). First: Send me a private message with the attorney yu have in mind. Cause 1800 dollars setup fee is damn cheap.
Second : Have yu read the requirements for NIW and EB1 ? If 12 letters of recommendation were the only requirement i would have done that a loooong time ago. And trust me, i have a PhD in Nuclear Chemstry obtained Cum Laude... you would think i d qualify for NIW easily...

juntha said:
(sorry in advance guys for the Out-of topics). First: Send me a private message with the attorney yu have in mind. Cause 1800 dollars setup fee is damn cheap.
Second : Have yu read the requirements for NIW and EB1 ? If 12 letters of recommendation were the only requirement i would have done that a loooong time ago. And trust me, i have a PhD in Nuclear Chemstry obtained Cum Laude... you would think i d qualify for NIW easily...
go to www.hooyou.com. This is ZHang's webpage. Send a email with your C.V. to him for a free evaluation for NIW and EB1 case. If he can accept your case, means you have hope. His NIW case success rate is 93%. I think in CA, it takes 4 monthes to get I140 for NIW case approved. check Mr. Zhang with the approval time for your own state. If you are eligible for NIW/EB1, why stuck yourself here?

Time for PERM

How much time is required for employer/ attorney to put together paperwork (including recruitment) for PERM? I believe there is one month waiting time before filing to Department of Labor.

Well, here it goes again. Bad news coming left and right. I think we really are dreaming if we assumed that DOL is well oiled machine and will eleminate backlog by next year :)

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

- Possible September EB2 Retrogression

- 45-Day Letters May Not be Completed by September 2005

The BPCs plan to have all cases entered into their system by the end of September 2005. To meet this goal, they are not inputting complete data on some cases. The 45-day letters, however, cannot be issued for each case until it is fully entered into the system. Therefore, it is likely that some cases will not receive 45-day letters by September 2005, which was DOL's original timeline.

I guess, we already knew that DOL is incompetent eleminating backlog in predicted timeframe, even before Chao thought of it.

Again, I like to reiterate that I hope I am wrong with all my predictions.

USCISisMockery said:
Well, here it goes again. Bad news coming left and right. I guess, we already knew that DOL is incompetent eleminating backlog in predicted timeframe, even before Chao thought of it.

Again, I like to reiterate that I hope I am wrong with all my predictions.
Incompetent by design! :mad:

Got my labor approved

Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

One more approval from PBEC....

Looks like PBEC TR queue moved on to Oct 2001 cases....

gc4long approved...

gc4long
Registered User Join Date: Feb 2005

Got my labor approved

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

Reporting abuse and fraud to House Judiciary commitee...

This is for those interested in persuing an activist approach...

http://judiciary.house.gov/reportfraud.aspx

This link is to report the commitee of judiciary of the US congress about the fraud, abuse or waste of government resources....
This commitee has oversight of immigration matters...
We have to generate enough volume in US Congress that they get interested in out plight....If this commitee starts demanding hearings on this subject then that would make some difference......They can generate decisive pressure...

Also these are the people who can demand additional funding to this program...

Anybody who decides to write please be very polite and concise....

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats gc4long

Congrats !!!..
Good for you ..i sill believe that with in 4-5 months PBEC will catch DBEC..and surely Regional cases are given priority over SWA's as of now..
Gc4long,
Can u tell us when it got approved , Date of approval not when u got in the mail.?

For All EB3 , Major hurdle is PD retrogression not LC ..!!!!

msp1976 said:
http://judiciary.senate.gov/hearing.cfm?id=1588

The McCain/Kennedy and Cornyn/Kyl bills are coming to Senate commitee on Judiciary hearing....on July 26....
If some version of this is passes in next 6/7 months..., would make more visa numbers available reducing retrogression......
What is the fairness when PERM gets their LC in 4 days while we wait for it for 4 years. While, they may say because of the retrogression, PERM cannot file for I485. But once they gets their LC, they won't worry about their company have lay off as long as they keep their own job. But as long as we stuck in this shithole-PBEC, we always worry about our company's lay off will cause our LC to be denied even if we still have our job. BEC should go to hell!!!

jooh said:
RIR-EB3 PD(2002/10) originally filed from Pennsylvania

jooh,

Could you please reconfirm your friends case information. What category (
EB3/RIR or EB3/Non-RIR) does he/she belong to? I/We really appreciate you for keeping us all posted.

Thanks

AwardMyGC

help

One question, it may be stupid question.

Whether the eb2/eb3 information will be enter in the form I-140? or this is only perticular to I-485.

Where this EB2/EB3 scenario will arise? Where do we need to show this?(i mean in I-485 or I-140)

I'll greately appreciate if some one could explain this to me.

Advance Thank you,

LB.