Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Dates????

Today I got the following response to my 7th year H1-B extension.
"Dear Employer:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the pending Application for Alien Employment Certification. Your application on behalf of XYZ was filed with the State Workforce Agency (local office) on April 24, 2004. The application is awaiting processing.

The filing date of my application was actually April 24,2002. I wonder if they goofed up..i am really worried now?

Congrats!

gc4long said:
Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

Wow !! You better check with your employer/lawyer about the date as any goof up at this stage can even worsen your predicament. I am sure your company will be having the receipt from DOL when they filed your labor which will have the PD.

Good luck on the find..

bantoo05 said:
"Dear Employer:

This is in response to your inquiry regarding the pending Application for Alien Employment Certification. Your application on behalf of XYZ was filed with the State Workforce Agency (local office) on April 24, 2004. The application is awaiting processing.

The filing date of my application was actually April 24,2002. I wonder if they goofed up..i am really worried now?

bantoo05 said:
"Dear Employer:

I have requested a status of my application with the Maryland DOL and they actually sent me a fax in return (it took like two weeks).
It had my employer, my name, the state control number, the PD and the last line read "Transmitted to the USDOL Backlog Center Feb 18 2005"

You might want to inquire with your local state agency about your case. They might give you something similar to what I have received.

Good luck in fixing this mistake !

Congratulations..

Congrats gc4long. This gives us a ray of hope that PBEC is doing something rather than simply making excuses.... hope they finish the data entry by end of this year to atleast start processing cases in a true FIFO manner.

Good luck for your next stages.

gc4long said:
Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

HEy guys, quick question for those you have called the BEC ... Who do you ask to talk to when you call ? Every time I get transferred to the automated status line ...

Update from Philly Backlog Center

I just called them and the nice lady said they will be reach Year 03 by end of this year (her estimate) :rolleyes:

I just spoke to my lawyer and she said that she can't do anything until she got the 45 day letter. She said that is the first step to entering a case into the system. I am kind of worried now?....Please suggest if I need to do anything for this?

I talked to the operator..... ;)

MDwatch said:
HEy guys, quick question for those you have called the BEC ... Who do you ask to talk to when you call ? Every time I get transferred to the automated status line ...

Everything goofing now a days in Philly BEC make sure date with your lawyer.
bantoo05 said:
"Dear Employer:

PBEC new case numbers again?

My lawyer just emailed me that "All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Address updates for attorney, employer, or alien
Change of attorney (or attorney address changes)
Incorrect case closures
H-1B extensions please email your request to H1B7YR@PHI.DFLC.US
Case withdraws

"

Are they going to have a new numbering system again??

Are there two separate letters "45 day letter" and "Selection of Continuation Option Letter" we need to worry about ??

I got my 45 day letter in Dec 2004, and PBEC incorrectly closed it in March 2005. I have my ETA case number P-04306-xxxxx. Are they going to give me a new number?

Please help me.

Thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA
PD: 8/2002
RD: 8/2003
45 day letter received : 12/20/2004
Replied : 12/28/2004
Received Case Closed : 3/22/05
Lawyer replied with proof: 3/28/05

lost4ever said:
My lawyer just emailed me that "All Philadelphia Processing Center files are being transferred to a new system. Once the data entry process is completed, a 45-Day Letter and Selection of Continuation Option letter will be issued on all applications providing a new case ID # and may request additional information from the employer.

If your request is in reference to the following, this information will also be updated.

Incorrect case closures
Case withdraws

"

Are there two separate letters "45 day letter" and "Selection of Continuation Option Letter" we need to worry about ??

I got my 45 day letter in Dec 2004, and PBEC incorrectly closed it in March 2005. I have my ETA case number P-04306-xxxxx. Are they going to give me a new number?

Please help me.

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

Thats quite funny, now this nuthouse will come up with "continuation" letters. They are already planning to data enter twice. Initially you will get temporary number then they will go back and issue permanent number.

Guys, seriously I smell something is goofing up at DOL. Till now I was just being passimistic so that we all are prepared for the worst. But now it looks like DOL is really upto something that can delay labors certificates.

One reason, it seems like, white house wants to delay applications so that they can make educated decision: if economy is good till 2006-2007, they will process all the files instantly, if not they will start issuing RFEs and let employer extend our H1s till they need us desperately.

So if economy starts showing strength by end of this year, we should see approvals as planned, otherwise we are doomed.

Its upto us if we want to play defence or be prepared for the worse and make sure we are not fooled by this conspiracy, if there is any.

what do you guys think about this theory ?

As always, these are my opinions. Its mere stupidity acting on it without your judgements. And I am not responsible for that.

Last edited by a moderator:
lost4ever said:

Incorrect case closures
Case withdraws

"

Please help me.

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

Come on now. Think 2 seconds before panicking.

It s clear your attorney sent yu an OUT OF DATE 6 months+ old email. This is the original PBEC email actually.
The fact that he/she sent yu this email should worried yu much more.

no way.....
PBEC is a crack house....

:D

lost4ever said:

Incorrect case closures
Case withdraws

"

Please help me.

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

90 days are long passed ....

VAGCwaiting said:
Hi all,

I just called philly BEC. it was the first time I got someone to talk on the phone. The conversation was short. The lady told me that we should wait for 90 days on that due date printed on 45 days letter before we check the case status again. Tried to ask her to check on my case status and she said the computer system is down.

You may think of changing your lawyer. It seems he brought a half year old NEWS to you. He may screw your case further.

lost4ever said:

Incorrect case closures
Case withdraws

"

Please help me.

Thanks
Lost4Ever
EB3, CA

I again sent them an e-mail so that they could verify that the information they sent was a typo or they goofed up in entry into their system. I filed in April 2002 and that's the last thing i wanted to see...Do you think it makes any difference in writing consecutive e-mails to the same e-mail address syste (H1b7yr)?

what does she mean "reach Year03"

data-input and 45-day letter? Oh, my...

cherrygums said:
I just called them and the nice lady said they will be reach Year 03 by end of this year (her estimate) :rolleyes: