Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

my2cents said:
Congrats !!!..
Good for you ..i sill believe that with in 4-5 months PBEC will catch DBEC..and surely Regional cases are given priority over SWA's as of now..
Gc4long,
Can u tell us when it got approved , Date of approval not when u got in the mail.?

For All EB3 , Major hurdle is PD retrogression not LC ..!!!!

It was approved on 13 July 2005 and we got the mail on 21 July 2005.

gc4long said:
Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

Congratulations gc4long! Your patience well paid off.

AwardMyGC

Congrats

Congratulations :D :D It is so good to hear that they are indeed working !!!

And when it is somebody who has been waiting for so long it makes me really really happy for you :)

Good luck in the next stages and don't forget to drop in once in a while !

gc4long said:
It was approved on 13 July 2005 and we got the mail on 21 July 2005.

question from screen shot

I got screen shot when I requested the 7th year H1B extension from PBEC, I saw a field as "receive date : Sept. 2004", since my case was on region about early 2004, I don't know what this receive date about, is that the
date PBEC received my case from region?

I realized someone is talking about correction letter which is similar to the 45day letter, but from the screen shot, I could not find this field even though
once I called PBEC, a nice lady said they already received my 45 day letter.

Not big problem, just confused.

concerns on my 45 days letter

Hi, all the gurus, I filed my RIR in NY on july 2002, till now didn't receive the 45 days letter, is that normal. My concern is how's the lost rate while they mailing this letter? Can't imagine if it get lost and DOL cancelled my case after three years waiting.
Thanks for any of input. :confused:

from www.murthy.com

45-Day Letters May Not be Completed by September 2005

The BPCs plan to have all cases entered into their system by the end of September 2005. To meet this goal, they are not inputting complete data on some cases. The 45-day letters, however, cannot be issued for each case until it is fully entered into the system. Therefore, it is likely that some cases will not receive 45-day letters by September 2005, which was DOL's original timeline.

what a nightmare! this BEC is really a joke, SWA folks will never c light out of this tunnel. it is so depressing. now the 45 days letters will not finish by sep 2005, later DOL will come and say we can't finish the whole work in 24-30 months and we have to extend it for another 2 yrs. this is really going nowhere.

i will die in the USA before i c this GC.

this is just ridiculous

One thing I do not understand is there is still no official release from DOL about the BECs .
Why one center keeps sending out approvals , and the other is just inputing data or whatever !

antonioa77 said:
from www.murthy.com

45-Day Letters May Not be Completed by September 2005

The BPCs plan to have all cases entered into their system by the end of September 2005. To meet this goal, they are not inputting complete data on some cases. The 45-day letters, however, cannot be issued for each case until it is fully entered into the system. Therefore, it is likely that some cases will not receive 45-day letters by September 2005, which was DOL's original timeline.

what a nightmare! this BEC is really a joke, SWA folks will never c light out of this tunnel. it is so depressing. now the 45 days letters will not finish by sep 2005, later DOL will come and say we can't finish the whole work in 24-30 months and we have to extend it for another 2 yrs. this is really going nowhere.

i will die in the USA before i c this GC.

chinglun said:
One thing I do not understand is there is still no official release from DOL about the BECs .
Why one center keeps sending out approvals , and the other is just inputing data or whatever !
I guess both BEC Center Managers have authority to decide what they want to do.
I hope they don't run out of toilet paper.

161 said:
Hi, all the gurus, I filed my RIR in NY on july 2002, till now didn't receive the 45 days letter, is that normal. My concern is how's the lost rate while they mailing this letter? Can't imagine if it get lost and DOL cancelled my case after three years waiting.
Both your employer and your lawyer should have received letters. This way if one was lost you would still hear from the other.

161 said:

Not all have received their 45 day letter. So dont worry, you will one day, well before you die. Not sure if you would still be pursuing your case by the. :)
I'll wait for couple more months and if I dont recieve my 45 day letter then I will push my compnay to file my LC in PERM keeping my current priority date.

Has anyone done that and what are the risks involved doing that??

PD: 2002 Dec, EB2, TR
45 Day letter: Not received yet.

chinglun,

I'm with you. It just frustrate me that both centers have same amount of cases and it's a whole world of difference on approvals. We even seen some 03 cases been approved by Dallas BEC. Another thing is, philly knew that Dallas processes cases faster and yet they're not improving !!!!!!!!

They are giving all kind of excuses such as computer problem. I wonder why Dallas didn't have this problem. Aren't they use the same computer system ???? :mad:

chinglun said:

congrats! I am happy for you. This also proves out the info that april02 has been getting...

gc4long said:
Hi Friends,

I got my labor approved. I just got an email from lawyer office.
I have been waiting for this since Sept 2001. Here are my complete details
for statistics/analysis purpose:

VA EB3 non-RIR applied in Sept 2001
PD: 1-Oct-2001
VA labor approved in March 2004
Sent to Phily DOL in April 2004
Got 45 day letter on 11 Feb 2005
Labor approved on 13 July 2005
ETA Case number: P-04279-xxxxx

In these four years, I got two M.S. degrees (part-time). I never thought I
could get my labor approval before I finish my Ph.D. All the best for you too.

45 days letter

volleyball said:
Not all have received their 45 day letter. So dont worry, you will one day, well before you die. Not sure if you would still be pursuing your case by the. :)
I'll wait for couple more months and if I dont recieve my 45 day letter then I will push my compnay to file my LC in PERM keeping my current priority date.

Has anyone done that and what are the risks involved doing that??

PD: 2002 Dec, EB2, TR
45 Day letter: Not received yet.

Hey Dude,

Definately you will receive your 45 days letter, b'cuz I got my 45 days letter in Feb'05 and replied in March 7th. I believe you should receive. The same day who applied with me thru my company he also did not get letter.

Keep it up hopes buddy.

Good luck

GC_Dec2002
PD : Dec 9th, 2002
RD : Aug 9th, 2004
45 Day Letter Recd : Feb 11th, 2005
Replied on : March 7th, 2005.

Guys:

For those who have already received the screenshot for H1b renewal, what is the entry for "Case Source". I am trying to determine is there is a column that would kinda convey whether the application moved to regional after being certified by state or was in the state approval stages, when sent over.

Hi all,

I just called philly BEC. it was the first time I got someone to talk on the phone. The conversation was short. The lady told me that we should wait for 90 days on that due date printed on 45 days letter before we check the case status again. Tried to ask her to check on my case status and she said the computer system is down.

Last edited by a moderator:
dcmetro22042 said:
Guys:

For those who have already received the screenshot for H1b renewal, what is the entry for "Case Source". I am trying to determine is there is a column that would kinda convey whether the application moved to regional after being certified by state or was in the state approval stages, when sent over.

I believe Case Source indicates wether the case was transferred from the Regional or State office. Hope this helps :)

There is one more thing I forgot to mention on my previous post. The lady said that after we have replied the 45 days letter-continuation letter, the case will be sent for reviewing to decide whether approval or denial. That's how it works according to her.

MDwatch said:
I believe Case Source indicates wether the case was transferred from the Regional or State office. Hope this helps :)

thanks for the reply. So, since it says "Region" for me, it means that the case was certified by state and sent to region for approval, right?