Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sk0902 said:
Let me just completely disagree with you...America won't servive with out you.

So please don't hesitate to demand what you want in return. We are not here at anybodies mercy.

Just close your eyes and imagine, all these 350K unfortunate people just packup their bags and leave one day. Just think that you are a owner of a business and think what will happen.....
read carefully what i said.... you may be totaly right, but still the avarage american dont want us here, and no politician or media will go against the avarage here.

Please share the renewal instuctions

I am thinking of doing the same thing, if it is pretty straight forward. From what I have seen and heard it seems pretty straight forward. So please share any info you have on filing for a renewal.
thanks,
frog

over 90 days after 45-day letter...

...116 days to be exact! And my lawyer keeps saying there's no way to check on the status -- is that true? Has anyone here heard anything after they sent the 45-day letter back to Philly?

... I was thinking of asking my employer to send an email requesting the h1b 7 year renewal screen shot... even though I'm not renewing my h1b anytime soon.

What do you all think, gurus?

This messgae is for GC From NJ,

It looks like ur case was entered lot before me. I have PD of JULY'2003(RIR from CT). Mine was entered on 02-jun-2005(T05153-*****)
Are u sure your PD is Sep' 2003?? or Sep ' 2002

What is ur opinion on this?? Are they doing initial data entry randomly or they going by each state completely???
post ur ideas.

Thanks!

No idea..

Frankly speaking I have no idea of how PBEC is functioning... they have been pretty irregular with this whole labor process, FIFO etc... it is like shooting a bullet in the dark and hoping it hits the target.

I guess since we have temporary numbers assigned with case status as incomplete, it might mean that some of the NJ SWA boxes might have opened and they have been entering data randomly based on the enquiries done. There has been many cases assigned with temporary nos. just to provide proof for the 7th year extension.

Again, it is a wild guess...

rirlaborCT said:
This messgae is for GC From NJ,

It looks like ur case was entered lot before me. I have PD of JULY'2003(RIR from CT). Mine was entered on 02-jun-2005(T05153-*****)
Are u sure your PD is Sep' 2003?? or Sep ' 2002

What is ur opinion on this?? Are they doing initial data entry randomly or they going by each state completely???
post ur ideas.

Thanks!
:confused:

New update from Philly Backlog Center

GC_from_NJ said:
Frankly speaking I have no idea of how PBEC is functioning... they have been pretty irregular with this whole labor process, FIFO etc... it is like shooting a bullet in the dark and hoping it hits the target.

I guess since we have temporary numbers assigned with case status as incomplete, it might mean that some of the NJ SWA boxes might have opened and they have been entering data randomly based on the enquiries done. There has been many cases assigned with temporary nos. just to provide proof for the 7th year extension.

Again, it is a wild guess...

:confused:

My source at Philly said that everything is random cos the computer spits out the case randomly and they have no control over it. Basically, that's how the external software company design it. They will process whatever case assigned by the computer software on any particular day.

My source also said that at the moment, they are revamping the software again to make it more efficient according to her. Not sure what this means!!!!!!

She also told me that there are two different lines for processing. One for TR and the other for RIR (Not news to us anymore). As of right now, they are processing 2001-2002 RIR cases. I suppose not all the files have been entered as not all 2002 RIR filers have received their 45 day letters or case numbers.

To add salt to the wound, there are no way to know what month and what state they are processing with the current system. I am hoping the files are pulled using FIFO. States like NY and NJ might be jamming up the line as they have more backlogs files.

Lastly, but not least, the database system they are using is unpredictable as they often breakdown. There you go, delay again processing our files until it is up again. :confused: :confused:

NJ June RIR 2002-EB2
Case: T-05143-#####
No 45 day letter yet

P/s By the way, my source (lady) was shocked that we cannot switch jobs and our dependents could not work while our labor is pending. She said this is something new to her and she really empathy us.

Re: New update from Philly Backlog Center

Thanks a lot for your update, aycy. My lawyer's office also mentioned about the "computer problem" PBPC is facing again, as of today.
This is ridiculous. Maybe, they should outsource the BEC software/db issues to India or China for accuracy and efficiency. Irony..

aycy said:
My source at Philly said that everything is random cos the computer spits out the case randomly and they have no control over it. Basically, that's how the external software company design it. They will process whatever case assigned by the computer software on any particular day.

My source also said that at the moment, they are revamping the software again to make it more efficient according to her. Not sure what this means!!!!!!

She also told me that there are two different lines for processing. One for TR and the other for RIR (Not news to us anymore). As of right now, they are processing 2001-2002 RIR cases. I suppose not all the files have been entered as not all 2002 RIR filers have received their 45 day letters or case numbers.

To add salt to the wound, there are no way to know what month and what state they are processing with the current system. I am hoping the files are pulled using FIFO. States like NY and NJ might be jamming up the line as they have more backlogs files.

Lastly, but not least, the database system they are using is unpredictable as they often breakdown. There you go, delay again processing our files until it is up again. :confused: :confused:

NJ June RIR 2002-EB2
No 45 day letter yet

P/s By the way, my source (lady) was shocked that we cannot switch jobs and our dependents could not work while our labor is pending. She said this is something new to her and she really empathy us.

See that's the reason I was saying-"They need professionals like us to sort their day today problems". Imagine a day in US w/o support from IT folks...Whole nation will come down to a halt.

Anyways, let's hope that the PBEC resloves this software "issue" and gets back on track...

vine95050 said:
Thanks a lot for your update, aycy. My lawyer's office also mentioned about the "computer problem" PBPC is facing again, as of today.
This is ridiculous. Maybe, they should outsource the BEC software/db issues to India or China for accuracy and efficiency. Irony..

sk0902 said:
Let me try to put few thoughts here. These are not positive thoughts and I may be wrong about this, butttt.... all criticisms are welcomed.

My opinion, DOL employees are not inefficient. They are not kinder garden graduates. All these delay tacktics are well planned action by W.H.Administration.

I think that W.H. allowed the H1 holders to stay more than 6 years (with yearly extension) is just the part of this plan. The PERM process is part of this plan too.

I don't think WH administration wants all these H1 holders hanging arround here in this country. So first they reduced the H1 yearly Cap.

Then then have to get rid of so many H1 holders who are already within the country and processing GC. Question is how to do that as there were many obstacles.

1. So many US corporates depend on these H1 holder for thier day to day job.
2. H1 holder can extend upto 6 years for their stay as long as they have a job here and somebody wants to process their H1.

So the plan to extend the H1 beyond 6 years and putting all the existing labor in BEC, address both the above issue very nicely. Though it is not perfect, but it is the best plan to tackle the above mentioned hurdles.

As a result of delay tactics, all the GC aspirant candidate, who has weak position at their jobs, will be filtered out as they are not going to get GC in next 6 years. It will be hard to sustain a weak position in this country for that long. Also as after 6th year, nobody can change the job, the only way is to leave the country.

However WH administration doesn't want those candidates to go back who
are really needed by US corporations. So, they allow these GC aspirants to extend thier stay beyond 6th year. This way the coporations are not hurt and the candidate will just keep waiting as companies will be willing to extend their H1 after 6th year. However they will not be able to change any job with in the country. Again the delay tacktics did not hurt the US corporations because of this extension law.

It is only the GC aspirants who are hard hitten.

Come on, think about the 45 days letter. Why is that needed anyway? Isn't that just a waste of money and time. People will think, how dumb these DOL managements are to do 45 days letter. Well, they are not dumb. They are just following orders. This is just another layer to filter out H1 immigrants. Even if 1% of the reply doesn't reach in 45 days.. that is 350 less immigrants.

If you guys don't trust my thoughts, here is another point I have to make.

Re-entry of all the data manually again, something, that is already exist in some electronic form. Comeon, most of us are IT people, right? Please one of you just explain me, is re-entering all the data manually more expensive or to write a code that would migrated all the existing data from various system to one central system more expensive? Lets not even go to the timing factor.

So it is not the money too.. It is THE DELAY TACKTICS.

The processing of PERM was introduced to make sure that going forward, whoever is applying for the GC, is really outstanding and neede by US economy, as DOL is going to make the LC check a very thorogh process. After all US need people from out side in order remain a No. 1 economy.

I am in this country for 5 .5 years. Extremely good place to live, no doubt. I would love to raise my children here. However, once I saw a bumper sticker in a rugged funny looking pickup truck. By looking at the truck you will have a pretty good idea about the character of the owner. The sticker says
"STOP IMMIGRATION .. SAVE WESTERN CIVILIZATION."

I bet some of these people are sitting in the Administration today.

Even after 09/11, there are people who has got GC, start to end, within 2/3 years. Today people are waiting for 3/4/5 year just for thier LC. EB category retrogession and all those stuff going on..

Too bad, after getting STATE LC in May 2003, I bought a house. Looking for a bright future. Looks like by this time next year, I will have to sell it. I don't see any light at the end of the DOL BEC tunnel.

NOTE: These are just my opinion. You may agres or disagree. But never act on anything base on my opinion. ACt at your own risk.

DOL is full of shit but these three items I could never understand:

- SWA didn't packed their cases as instructed (FIFO) (how tough it is to organize 10-20K cases by a staff of 10-15)
- Software problems (most of us are IT ppl here, we all know how big baloney is this)
- Funding problems (what costs more, operating 2 offices or 50)

If you still have trust and admiration for DOL? Then you have to be out of your mind or atleast we dont need to convince you to help us out.

Lot of us are reluctant exposing these atrocities because it would prove ammo for anti-immigration groups. But my counter argument is, if we sit idly doing nothing, anyway they are going to kick us out.

THen why not we all get together and start sending horror stories to media, form taskforce and meet senetors, get together in front of PBEC. Worse (might be its not as worse as it seems) you have to leave the country.

Stop these statistics and predictions (thats what we are doing for past 4 years). I have more faith in media and opposition party than DOL (ruling party).

Last edited by a moderator:
Why DBEC doesn't have these problems? or at least we didn't hear that.

aycy said:

NJ June RIR 2002-EB2
No 45 day letter yet

USCISisMockery said:
DOL is full of shit but these three items I could never understand:
Let me try to explain to you if it help you relieve a little.

USCISisMockery said:
- SWA didn't packed their cases as instructed (FIFO) (how tough it is to organize 10-20K cases by a staff of 10-15)
The fund for SWA was only three months so that those people can be employed to ship out the boxes. As soon as the boxes were gone, they were out of their jobs. I am sure they were nice enough to actually send out the files rather than quit their jobs right away. Or maybe they quit, other people from state DOL simply dumped the files from the cabnets into the shipping boxes.
USCISisMockery said:
- Software problems (most of us are IT ppl here, we all know how big baloney is this)
My understanding is this is typical for government contracts. Remember SAIC for the FBI contract (no offense to anyone from SAIC), the project failed. You would believe they would have been swept out of Washington DC due to the bad publicity. But SAIC is still involved in projects in almost every government agency. I never saw any projects by SAIC work well, but they are always around. The way government works is the contractors will make the projects work to certain extent and mysterically break down or show problems at almost the end of the contracts. And the only way to get them fixed is to give them more money because they can claim goverment keep on changing specifications and I am sure that claim is valid. We can see BEC is going along exactly the same path.
USCISisMockery said:
- Funding problems (what costs more, operating 2 offices or 50)
Well, there is never enough money. I don't see any government agency saying it has enough funding except DOD. When this topic comes up, we can expect one thing for sure: fee increase. I am not sure about PERM, but in old LC system, no fee was charged by DOL. I am expecting that to be changed soon. You can claim conspiracy theory from the huge backlog. I am not surprised.

After spending a dozen years in this country, you cannot breathe without smelling politics.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a joke

I received a letter from my attorney. I was so excited to see it and before opening it , thought something good news from my LC. So, I prayed first and opened it with all anxiety :confused: and at last my spirits came down rolling to see it was an invoice asking for the fedex charge for the 45 day letter response to the backlog center.
I just want to share with you, how frustrated we are with the pbec.

thanks

pennwaiting said:
Let me try to explain to you if it help you relieve a little.

The fund for SWA was only three months so that those people can be employed to ship out the boxes. As soon as the boxes were gone, they were out of their jobs. I am sure they were nice enough to actually send out the files rather than quit their jobs right away. Or maybe they quit, other people from state DOL simply dumped the files from the cabnets into the shipping boxes.

My understanding is this is typical for government contracts. Remember SAIC for the FBI contract (no offense to anyone from SAIC), the project failed. You would believe they would have been swept out of Washington DC due to the bad publicity. But SAIC is still involved in projects in almost every government agency. I never saw any projects by SAIC work well, but they are always around. The way government works is the contractors will make the projects work to certain extent and mysterically break down or show problems at almost the end of the contracts. And the only way to get them fixed is to give them more money because they can claim goverment keep on changing specifications and I am sure that claim is valid. We can see BEC is going along exactly the same path.

Well, there is never enough money. I don't see any government agency saying it has enough funding except DOD. When this topic comes up, we can expect one thing for sure: fee increase. I am not sure about PERM, but in old LC system, no fee was charged by DOL. I am expecting that to be changed soon. You can claim conspiracy theory from the huge backlog. I am not surprised.

After spending a dozen years in this country, you cannot breathe without smelling politics.
You should work for PBEC, and your only job is to find excuse for their incompetence. I am just kidding. Anyway, I think everybody in PBEC's job is to find excuse rather than doing anything. Here is their regular job routine: 8:00 go to work;
spend whole morning open boxes and move boxes; then lunch break; then spend whole afternoon sitting on unopened boxes and thinking of excuses to fool us. Oh, don't forgot the lady who answers the phone. She is the only person who actually work and the janitor, too, because there is too much produced shit there.

Meera Maria said:
I received a letter from my attorney. I was so excited to see it and before opening it , thought something good news from my LC. So, I prayed first and opened it with all anxiety :confused: and at last my spirits came down rolling to see it was an invoice asking for the fedex charge for the 45 day letter response to the backlog center.

thanks
Man, that is so funny! That makes the joke of the day! :D

Meera Maria said:

thanks

Those attorneys.. i am telling ya ! FEDEX the 45 days letter when a simple fax with a receipt would have cost yu nothing ! You whould be frustrated with yur attorney also.