Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Approved!

spidey said:
Quick update on my case:

If you guys remember, I was recently approved.
I just got to see a copy of my labor certification, my lawyer got this in the mail on July 15th, 2005 -- the date stamp on my approved labor certification is June 24th, 2005.

Obviously it took 3+ weeks to get to me after it was actually approved by the CO.
Good luck guys and gals --

Spidey, which BEC had your application and what state?

butthead said:
My friend and I have the same PD and RD for SFO DOL. I got the 45day letter a month earlier than him, but his case was sent to Dallas and mine went to Philly (exactly the reason I am in this forum :) ). He just got his labor approved from Dallas.

Kinda hard to stomach both joy for him as well as pain and apprehension for me...

:(

I totally like to share your sorrows. What could be more disturbing than this? I think it's nothing but luck of the draw.

I am in a similar situation as yours (not that any of my friend got approved, but will hear something like that in the near future).

God, Please forgive them for they don't know what they are doing!

Waste of funds...another Iraq/Afgan policy

justdoit said:
I second that. 50+ million investment in BECs over 24 months. They could have converted all cases to PERM with a much smaller investment and got thru all cases in much less time than 24 months.

Well this is the classic example of what Bush admin has been doing since it has first took the office.

I curse that this country gets so poor that they would never get a loaf of bread to eat :). I totally understand that, none of the other countries would exists by then. :D

Proof of the pudding...

ybnyk said:
Hi Dedo,
Thanks for the reply. I am bit relieved to know that. May I please know which embassy did you go in India? I think the New Delhi embassy is bit liberal and the Chennai embasy is not so liberal. I heard even some of the H4 visa got rejected in Chennai. I am planing for marriage in the 7th year. Bit concerned about the approval on 7th year stamping in Chennai.
Thank you
ybnyk

I have an appointment with the Mumbai consulate on the 25th of July. I am concerned too, since my case is pending with PBEC and my family is in US. I had to wait for 45 days for the interview date. That is the most painful part as most employers don't want to wait that long for you to return from vacation. Hope you can find a way to get an interview date before leaving US.

Will let you know if there were any issues...Wish me well :)

aycy said:
It seems there are no actions just ideas. I have been emailing newspapers about our situation. I also wrote to two NJ senators. Please do the same to get the words out there.

You are the man (or woman :)).

People please use AILA take action page in my signature. Its very comprehensive and the site will send email on behalf of you so you can be anonymous (I don't see any reason, why you want to).

You can raise awareness without worrying about legal issues.

Canada is an option

butthead said:
I have an appointment with the Mumbai consulate on the 25th of July. I am concerned too, since my case is pending with PBEC and my family is in US. I had to wait for 45 days for the interview date. That is the most painful part as most employers don't want to wait that long for you to return from vacation. ...Wish me well :)
You can always go to Canada for stmping. My colleague has done it.
If you are far from Canada, then try Mexico.

keep the faith...

aycy said:
It seems there are no actions just ideas. I have been emailing newspapers about our situation. I also wrote to two NJ senators. Please do the same to get the words out there.
you can email and fax and scream as much as you want. the trueth is that America dont realy needs us. how many americans with the same abilities are unemployed right now? you can ask any american what he think about us. they dont give a sh-t! they all wish we were out of here... so i dont realy see what TV channel or newspaper will try to take our side.. :cool:

That holds true only if you are converting from a students visa (F1) to a work visa (H1). If you are applying for an extension then you cannot get it stamped from Canada or Mexico.... you have to return to your home country to get it stamped.

Wait4LaborNJ said:
You can always go to Canada for stmping. My colleague has done it.
If you are far from Canada, then try Mexico.

Slade245 said:
you can email and fax and scream as much as you want. the trueth is that America dont realy needs us. how many americans with the same abilities are unemployed right now? you can ask any american what he think about us. they dont give a sh-t! they all wish we were out of here... so i dont realy see what TV channel or newspaper will try to take our side.. :cool:

I agree with you 100%. We are shouting as if they are not aware of this problem. The problem is we don't understand that they are the one who created this mess and wanted this mess continue for ever. Do you think they are not aware of our anger, frustration, impotence, cry, etc etc. THEY VERY WELL AWARE OF OUR PROBLEM.

You know Millions of people in US and millions of people around the world took the street to stop the illegal war. How many medias including TVs, Newpapers, internet etc cried and tried to stop this war. What happend at the end? By the way i am not talking politics here.

The truth is: If you are wanted then you'll be embraced. If not then you are a trash.

My advice: Instead of sitting and moaning, think differently and act intelligently. Have multiple options. Take every opportunity to improve your life/career while you are here. Here in US we are foreigners until we become a legal citizen. So save enough money and invest in your own country. Bring the money back to this country once you become a PR.

In 2003 $1 = Rs. 54
In 2004 $1 = Rs. 48
In 2005 $1 = Rs. 44
Today's rate $1 = 43.50 (Some banks pay just Rs. 42)

Within the next two years $ value is going to depreciate (Rs. 35-38). This is not my prediction but by some foreingn exchange Analysts and currency traders.

Agreed , dual application should be discouraged. However it will surely be beneficial to all if the DOL clarifies the process of moving to Perm -especially H1B cases beyond 6th year. There is no clarification from the immigration service if H-1B extensions beyond the 6th year will be allowed for someone who previously had a qualifying LC filed, but who had to withdraw the LC to pursue a later-filed PERM application. I am sure many people in my situation ( EB3 PD after 2002) will consider switching thereby reducing the BEC load.

USCISisMockery said:
I think logically it makes no sense if DOL allows PERM with your existing RIR application. Its just not good for anybody, not for DOL (double application), not for other applicant (it just increases backlog). So dual application should be discouraged. Am I missing something here ?

Aprlc02 or Orisa where are you !!

Hello, my friends,
We need your update rigth from inside Phili BEC. I hear that they are certifeing but they send the letter 3 month later, is this true ??
Maybe is true that they have finish all TR 2001 but they did not send the letters to the lawyers??
Thanks.

TR or NON RIR
PD: April 2001
State: DC
Regional: Dec 2004
45 letter recived: March 09
45 letter reponde: March 27
Eta N.- P 04359 XXXX
Waiting for Certification

Slade245 said:
I think you are too negative. Then why they give a damn about illegal immigrants?

you are wrong on this issue.

Slade245 said:

Let me just completely disagree with you on this notion. My company was trying to hire 10 IT people with good salary. After months, not only they didn't find any right candidate, they didn't find any candidate for American origin. Our company policy is to hire only Citizen or GC holder. 99% of their recent hiring is GC holder with diferent country of origin (china, india, russia etc..) and for one they are also processing H1.

So please know if your heart is that, America still need us. The propagenda that "H1 is replacing Americans with low salary" is just a balony and politically motivated. There is no truth behind it. I am saying it from the experience that I wend through personally. Don't let your heart troubled with this thought you are eating up Americans job.

The fact of the matter is YOU ARE HELPING AMERICA GROW. They know it, you understand it. America won't servive with out you.

So please don't hesitate to demand what you want in return. We are not here at anybodies mercy.

Just close your eyes and imagine, all these 350K unfortunate people just packup their bags and leave one day. Just think that you are a owner of a business and think what will happen.....

Hi

Choclito said:
Hello, my friends,
We need your update rigth from inside Phili BEC. I hear that they are certifeing but they send the letter 3 month later, is this true ??
Maybe is true that they have finish all TR 2001 but they did not send the letters to the lawyers??
Thanks.

TR or NON RIR
PD: April 2001
State: DC
Regional: Dec 2004
45 letter recived: March 09
45 letter reponde: March 27
Eta N.- P 04359 XXXX
Waiting for Certification

Hi Choclito,

I urge you to talk to you attorney or employer and let them talk or send a fax to the listed number. Your petition must have adjudicated long time ago..... or the expedited way is you calling them and trying to convince them and if your was answered by a good person over the phone then you can give your case details. I strongly believe your case must have got adjudicated.

All the best

sk0902 said:
Let me just completely disagree with you on this notion. My company was trying to hire 10 IT people with good salary. After months, not only they didn't find any right candidate, they didn't find any candidate for American origin. Our company policy is to hire only Citizen or GC holder. 99% of their recent hiring is GC holder with diferent country of origin (china, india, russia etc..) and for one they are also processing H1.

So please know if your heart is that, America still need us. The propagenda that "H1 is replacing Americans with low salary" is just a balony and politically motivated. There is no truth behind it. I am saying it from the experience that I wend through personally. Don't let your heart troubled with this thought you are eating up Americans job.

The fact of the matter is YOU ARE HELPING AMERICA GROW. They know it, you understand it. America won't servive with out you.

So please don't hesitate to demand what you want in return. We are not here at anybodies mercy.

Just close your eyes and imagine, all these 350K unfortunate people just packup their bags and leave one day. Just think that you are a owner of a business and think what will happen.....

The point is not whether America needs us or not.....
The point is do regular people in America feel that they need us or not??....

The answer would always be no....The regular people irrespective of their qualifications would claim that they would be able to fill a high paying job and they are not getting it because of foreigners...This would be their logic for opposing the whole H1B program.....

For this reason I am not sure whether publicising our cause would really bear any fruit....The publicity has a chance of being counter productive......
The only thing that can effectively influence the decision making is money ...and lots of it thrown to the election fund raisers...Those dogs in congress can do it for you if you have the ability to throw money.....Now how many of us would put up some money would be interesting to see.....

skp0902,

I completely agree w/your views.We are not at anybody's mercy here. This is a free market economy and the people with right skills and risk taking ability come here ,flourish and help the society to flourish. Nobody is doing a favor by letting you work here.

If all of us leave one day,this country would be in shambles.Now the question is,would that happen-Not unless they force you to leave and they won't do that becoz they know we are indispensible.But they also know that this IT sector employees are a very disintegrated lot and don't have enough unity among themselves(that happens with more education and hence more inhibitions to stand outside BEC with a signpost in your hand) to stand up and ask for their rights.So in short, they are taking advantage of this situation...

My two cents is to stand up and raise your concern either through your employer(most effective) to the right channels, or through newspaper/other media, if you can...

sk0902 said:

a_to_z_gc said:
skp0902,

My two cents is to stand up and raise your concern either through your employer(most effective) to the right channels, or through newspaper/other media, if you can...

Now the problem is that the employers wants is longer in the H1B status...That is why they allowed this system to disintegrate like that....America is effectively run by the corporations through their capabilty to fund elections....The employers are happy with the current situation....

The problem with publicity is that the anti H1B lobby starts bawling how america is being invaded by foreigners and american's are not getting jobs..( who and how is going to decide if they are qualified are not...They can always claim they are qualified.....)...The publicity would fuel the anti immigration lobby.....If you want to read American's anti immigration lobby's views go to http://www.freerepublic.com and search for H1B or immigration......

But I do agree that we need to to take some action and we have to tread carefully.....Please make sure that you donot become a tool for anti immigration lobby....

H1B Extension

Hi,

Now I am applying 9th year H1B extension. I asked to my attorney to request screen shot or proof from Phil BEC for pending my labor. But he replied me back no need this. Please some one let me know is it true?? with out 45 days letter or no proof of any screen shots is it OK to apply for 9th year H1B extension?

Can I request directly to phil BEC for status of my labor without my attorney or employer? If any problems (legal) please let me know..

Thanks,
jdk98

PD - Jan 2003 (Non-RIR)
State (SWA) - CT