Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

sk0902 said:
Let me just completely disagree with you on this notion. My company was trying to hire 10 IT people with good salary. After months, not only they didn't find any right candidate, they didn't find any candidate for American origin. Our company policy is to hire only Citizen or GC holder. 99% of their recent hiring is GC holder with diferent country of origin (china, india, russia etc..) and for one they are also processing H1.

So please know if your heart is that, America still need us. The propagenda that "H1 is replacing Americans with low salary" is just a balony and politically motivated. There is no truth behind it. I am saying it from the experience that I wend through personally. Don't let your heart troubled with this thought you are eating up Americans job.

The fact of the matter is YOU ARE HELPING AMERICA GROW. They know it, you understand it. America won't servive with out you.
So please don't hesitate to demand what you want in return. We are not here at anybodies mercy.

Just close your eyes and imagine, all these 350K unfortunate people just packup their bags and leave one day. Just think that you are a owner of a business and think what will happen.....

I second that. If we are not needed then why employers goes to that extent of spending money on H1b applications and hiring immigration lawyers if they could easily find US citizens. Its not exaggeration to say that US is pioneer in internet and IT field partially because of hundreds of hard working H1bs . Just look around in your office, you will see only H1bs toiling at 7 in the evening.

Pl. open new thread to talk about H1 b jobs, hiring....debate.
Keep thread related to Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking issues & information that you may want to share.
:)
USCISisMockery said:
I second that. If we are not needed then why employers goes to that extent of spending money on H1b applications and hiring immigration lawyers if they could easily find US citizens. Its not exaggeration to say that US is pioneer in internet and IT field partially because of hundreds of hard working H1bs . Just look around in your office, you will see only H1bs toiling at 7 in the evening.

Not Sure about this ...

GC_from_NJ said:
That holds true only if you are converting from a students visa (F1) to a work visa (H1). If you are applying for an extension then you cannot get it stamped from Canada or Mexico.... you have to return to your home country to get it stamped.

I'm not sure about this. I've read various posts and people's experiences who have stamped it from other countries ? Are you sure about what you just wrote here ??? Thanks,

jdk98 said:
Hi,

Now I am applying 9th year H1B extension. I asked to my attorney to request screen shot or proof from Phil BEC for pending my labor. But he replied me back no need this. Please some one let me know is it true?? with out 45 days letter or no proof of any screen shots is it OK to apply for 9th year H1B extension?

Can I request directly to phil BEC for status of my labor without my attorney or employer? If any problems (legal) please let me know..

Thanks,
jdk98

PD - Jan 2003 (Non-RIR)
State (SWA) - CT

JDK - I'm posting a reply to your question on the 7th year extension thread.
Check that.

labor proof

This message is for jdk,

I requested Phily for labor proof for my 8th yr extension. I got response in 3 weeks with case num T05153-5****
I gave a copy of my screen shot to my employer and they are filing next week.
I heard INS asks fresh evidence every yr that labor is pending for 365 days.
You can give a try.

2-3 days..

JDK,

I received a response from PBEC in 3 days for my 7th year extension. It should ideally take anywhere between 2-3 days on an average for PBEC to get back to you with your case no.

Thanks,

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for jdk,

I requested Phily for labor proof for my 8th yr extension. I got response in 3 weeks with case num T05153-5****
I gave a copy of my screen shot to my employer and they are filing next week.
I heard INS asks fresh evidence every yr that labor is pending for 365 days.
You can give a try.

I will have to confirm from my friends who had recently gone to Canada for their F1 to H1 visa stamping. However I am not sure about this...

Sahil2002 said:
I'm not sure about this. I've read various posts and people's experiences who have stamped it from other countries ? Are you sure about what you just wrote here ??? Thanks,

This message is for GC From NJ,

Can you please provide ur temp case num??
what case status u have?
I have case num of T05153-51*** with PD of JULY'2003 from CT
and case status = Incomplete.

Please respond

butthead said:
I have an appointment with the Mumbai consulate on the 25th of July. I am concerned too, since my case is pending with PBEC and my family is in US. I had to wait for 45 days for the interview date. That is the most painful part as most employers don't want to wait that long for you to return from vacation. Hope you can find a way to get an interview date before leaving US.

Will let you know if there were any issues...Wish me well :)
Hi butthead, Thanks for sharing your info. Let me know how it goes. I wish you good luck.
Regards
ybnyk

The question is who needs the other more. Even though illegal immigration is a looked at very unfavorably on this board (because it is delaying our application), the point is that it brings cheap labour that is greatly needed here, I would argue more than H1Bs. Granted they don't bring technology, but who would do back breaking work in farms and fast food restaurants for minimum or less than minimum wage? So even though the US depends on them, they depend on the US much more (to feed their families back home). They take life threatening risks to come here and the US lawmakers know that they have the upper hand there.
Now to H1Bs, there is a ready supply of foreign skilled labour to take the place of H1Bs who have completed their term. Basically unless you have some core domain knowledge or are very very good at what you do, you are expendible, no matter how long you work. There will always be a source of workers willing to work for long hours, including native labour that have been unemployed for a while and are itching to get back to work.

Granted US needs foreign skilled labour to remain No1 in technology but the foreigners want to be here more badly. That can be clearly seen on this board. Most of the people here want to get their GCs come what may and are willing to take on whatever delays and stress that brings. O/w, if we all were from some well to do countries, we would've left this board a long time ago (perhaps not even started it) and returned home. How many H1B westerners are on this board? Probably none.

As one poster said, make alternate plans. For those from India, opporunities are increasing and the exchange rate is going down. Same is true for China too. O/w wait as long as it takes to get the GC. Any which way you say your story in the media, it will be ammo for anti-H1B lobbies.

My $0.02.

USCISisMockery said:

GC_from_NJ said:
I will have to confirm from my friends who had recently gone to Canada for their F1 to H1 visa stamping. However I am not sure about this...

About that, my news is probably outdated but i was in the same situation and the chairman of my university advised me to go to mexico to re-stamped. The major problem was that it had to be done right... with someone from 'out there' who is used to do it because there is no way to come back in the US if it s messed up. I decided at the time to try my luck back in my country.
But now that you got to take an appointment to get a new stamp i dont know if it s even possible. I just went back to france and they asked for every possible papers... including french ID. And i read somewhere that Canada was about to stop doing that. But i can t remember i read that...
Good luck.

Stamping in canada

You can get ur passport stamped in canada even if it is 7th year extension provided if the current stamping in ur passport is valid. otherwise you have to go to homecountry. Also you will not face any issues with ur stamping especially if it is 7th year extension.

Sahil2002 said:

Looking for RIR status update from PBEC ?

Hi,

Are they done with April 2001 - RIR cases ?

Thanks

RIR CASE - 07/2002
VA
EB2
SWA - 08/2004
45 day letter - 12/30/2004

I guess more problems down the lane

D. EMPLOYMENT VISA AVAILABILITY FOR THE REMAINDER OF FY-2005

Demand for numbers by CIS Offices for adjustment of status cases remains very high. As the end of the fiscal year approaches, it might be necessary to establish an Employment Second preference cut-off date for September to keep visa issuances within the annual numerical limits set by law. If required, such a cut-off date is likely to be limited to the China-mainland born and India chargeability areas.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2573.html

H1B Renewal

Hi,

I applied for Labor Certificate (RIR) in December 2003 and I haven't received my 45 days letter yet. My lawyer said it may take couple years to hear from them :( .
My H1B visa will be expired in December 2005. I have already been in the Us for 4 years (when I changed my sponser they renewed my visa)My question is what are the steps should be taken to extend my visa? Can I extend it to 3 more years?

Thank you

You will be able to extend for two more years (6 year limit) and then depending on where you are in this never ending process of green Card you will get 1 year extensions.

eli123 said:
Hi,

I applied for Labor Certificate (RIR) in December 2003 and I haven't received my 45 days letter yet. My lawyer said it may take couple years to hear from them :( .
My H1B visa will be expired in December 2005. I have already been in the Us for 4 years (when I changed my sponser they renewed my visa)My question is what are the steps should be taken to extend my visa? Can I extend it to 3 more years?

Thank you

Eta#

My temp. case no. is T-05140-30*** and case status = Incomplete. Rest of the information you can find from my signature.

rirlaborCT said:
This message is for GC From NJ,

Can you please provide ur temp case num??
what case status u have?
I have case num of T05153-51*** with PD of JULY'2003 from CT
and case status = Incomplete.

Please respond

H1B Renewal

kandavas said:
You will be able to extend for two more years (6 year limit) and then depending on where you are in this never ending process of green Card you will get 1 year extensions.

Thank you for your response. Can you send me a link to show the instructions for H1B renewal. My lawyer wants to charge me for $1500 just to file a renewal request. I was wondering if I could do it myself.

7th yr extension response

Looks like they are changing the format day by day.

I just received my 7th yr extension email response from Philly DOL. They attached a word document that has ETA logo. Word document contains all the information regarding my case in a tabular form. Looks like they have changed the format from Screen shot to word document. It looks like a letter from ETA. But this looks good compared to screen shots.

Case status is RIR. Letter says my application is awaiting processing.