Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Simonx,
Congragulations!!!!Great News of Hope!!!
When did u receive 45 day letter...and what was your final date to
respond to that letter???

mnhrdc said:
Icarus (BEC's Guru) your answer's are very apt, sensible, and thanks for Anwering FAQ's

There are quite a large no.of CA SFO (RIR) cases having RD May,June 2003 are not yet recieved the Bec letters but we find lot of cases having RD July 2003 and later have recieved BEC letters.
Is there a reason why these cases are not moved to BEC or you have some info or can u guess whats happening in these cases.
(As per CA AVM may 2003 later cases (RIR) were transferred to BEC)

Thanks in advance for your reply.
Various possibilities....First, it is uncertain which BEC received 7/03 cases since the files were split between them (regional). All backlogged state cases have not been received. In addition, several hundred 45-day letters have been returned as undeliverable by the post office. Although letters sent to attorney/agents are being investigated, the ultimate responsibility for the accuracy of addresses lies with the employer. Letters sent directly to employers that come back undeliverable are filed with the case, and, unless a communication is received from the employer(or the agent/attorney if one is involved) within the 45-day window that indicates a desire to continue processing on the case and addressing any issues raised by the 45-day letter, processing on the case will be terminated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus said:
Various possibilities....First, it is uncertain which BEC received 7/03 cases since the files were split between them (regional). All backlogged state cases have not been received. In addition, several hundred 45-day letters have been returned as undeliverable by the post office. Although letters sent to attorney/agents are being investigated, the ultimate responsibility for the accuracy of addresses lies with the employer. Letters sent directly to employers that come back undeliverable are filed with the case, and, unless a communication is received from the employer(or the agent/attorney if one is involved) within the 45-day window that indicates a desire to continue processing on the case and addressing any issues raised by the 45-day letter, processing on the case will be terminated.
Hi Icarus,
Do you know how much percentage of data entry is completed for CA 20000 cases? Hiw long should we wait for this leterr before contacting DOL.
Thanks in advance.

simonx said:
My labor was approved January 13,2005.

Philadelphia State June 2003
Received Philadelphia DOL February 2004
Certified January 13,2005

Keep up hope guys.

Congratulations simonx!!!!!!!!!

Cuold you please give us a bit more details on your case please? Specifically:

1-Did you ever get a notice of finding?
2-Do you know if your case was forwarded to Philly BEC or if it remained with Philly DOL?
3-Did you ever get the 45-day letter from BEC?

Again congratualations and good luck with the next step!!

THANK YOU in advance for any additional information you could share with us!!

foret1 said:
Congratulations simonx!!!!!!!!!

Cuold you please give us a bit more details on your case please? Specifically:

1-Did you ever get a notice of finding?
2-Do you know if your case was forwarded to Philly BEC or if it remained with Philly DOL?
3-Did you ever get the 45-day letter from BEC?

Again congratualations and good luck with the next step!!

THANK YOU in advance for any additional information you could share with us!!

-No NOF
-Never got 45 day letter,but my case was special handling so maybe that made a difference?

simonx said:
-No NOF
-Never got 45 day letter,but my case was special handling so maybe that made a difference?

Can you please explain to us how your case was special handling? I am just a bit curious.
Congrats and Thanks.

Icarus said:
Hi Icarus,
Do you know how much percentage of data entry is completed for cases transfered to Philly from Atlanta? When can people from Atlanta region expect to receive the 45 day letters?
Thank you for your help.

sarathynp said:
Hi Icarus,
Do you know how much percentage of data entry is completed for CA 20000 cases? Hiw long should we wait for this leterr before contacting DOL.
Thanks in advance.
Your employer or agent/attorney can contact the BEC presently and request status. Although the response may not be specific, it should at least confirm whether or not your case has been received and if its' information has been entered into PBLS. If it has, you will know your new PBLS case number for future reference.

Where is my labor certification application?

I don't know if this is the right place for asking this question, but I am assuming since all files have been moved to BEC, as the lady at the Nine Miles office mentioned, I am asking this question in this forum -

I applied for labor certification (RIR) and the case was marked as Dec1 2003. It was all fine and dandy till last month, as every friday I used to look for SWA updates. And then one day the updates stopped coming. I am confused where is my application now? I was reading in a forum for "Philly Backlog Eliminiation Center" wherein a person applied on 04/29/04 and he received a 45 day letter. What is the deal about this 45 day letter? Is this true that all the cases from Virginia SWA have been transferred to any of the BECs?

Guys please reply, am and some of my friends from the same office are really confused about the state of affairs....

Why the letters come out so slowly?

Icarus, I am wondering why the receipt letters come out so slowly from BEC/BPC. I believe most of the people with cases pending at former Philly Regional, especially old cases, have not received the letters yet. Mine was forwarded to Philly Regional in Oct 2003 and neither my employer nor my lawyer has received the letter as of today. Because the process at BEC is kept as top secret, I am wondering if cases like mine are somehow left dying in cold. Can you give us some inside hint? Thanks.

pennwaiting said:
Icarus, I am wondering why the receipt letters come out so slowly from BEC/BPC. I believe most of the people with cases pending at former Philly Regional, especially old cases, have not received the letters yet. Mine was forwarded to Philly Regional in Oct 2003 and neither my employer nor my lawyer has received the letter as of today. Because the process at BEC is kept as top secret, I am wondering if cases like mine are somehow left dying in cold. Can you give us some inside hint? Thanks.
If processing began on your case prior to the establishment of the BEC's, your case is still being processed outside of the BEC as it wouldn't be considered part of the "backlog". Since 45-day letters are still in process from the original cases sent to the BEC's, it's still possible that your letter is forthcoming if it indeed was part of the "backlog".

Icarus said:
If processing began on your case prior to the establishment of the BEC's, your case is still being processed outside of the BEC as it wouldn't be considered part of the "backlog". Since 45-day letters are still in process from the original cases sent to the BEC's, it's still possible that your letter is forthcoming if it indeed was part of the "backlog".
Icarus, thanks. Since Philly Reginal stop processing any cases long long time ago, I would assume that all the cases that have not been certified or denied have been moved to Philly BEC. My case would be in the first batch at BEC for data entry when BEC was set up on Aug 20, 2004. A tracking sheet set up here also indicates most of the people with cases older than mine have not received the BEC letters yet. I don't believe all those cases have been opened. It make me doubt about the efficiency and effectiveness of BEC. I don't believe they can eliminate the backlog in 30 months. And as a said before, they don't have to and would like not to finish it. And I also believe they will wait until the last backlogged case is entered into the system before any cases will be processed. Otherwise, it is an unfair system no matter how you spin around it. And this will make the situation at USCIS worse because thousands will have to apply for 7th, 8th, 9th year H1B, H4 extension, which should not have been necessary.

hi guys!!

Under the assumption that my case was transferred to Philly BEC from ATL DOL in May'04.....it looks like a terrible and exhausting long wait!!!......So talking about the 7th,8th and 9th yr extensions on H1B.....whats the cost factor am looking at for each extension needed...any help ?