Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

njrirlabor said:
Has anyone who filed for labor in NJ in 2002 received the 45 day letter as yet?

I applied for labor in NJ RIR in Feb 2002. My case came for review in May 04 and got an RFE for prevailing wages, which my lawyer responded back in June 2004. Got another RFE in October 2004 regarding company name and the lawyer responded back in November 2004. Since then no news. I was under the impression it should be trasferred to NY Regional, but my lawyer says it is most likely to be send to the backlog center. But have not received a 45 day letter or any letter from any one as yet.

Does anyone know, as to what is the process for handling opened cases by the backlog center.

This process of not being able to obtain a status on your case is very very painful!

Your case is an OPEN case. According to the Guidance Memo, your case shhould be completed at NJ SWA and then forwarded to NY DOL.

Zany_Brainy said:
This is not true.
I have RD of June 2003 from CA, SF DOL, I recieved letter on Jan 3rd from DOL TX.

ZB

Yes Zany, this is not true for only two cases in this thread which i have noticed. Untill every body recieves the 45day letter for those months we have to believe that Attorney.

Anyone from ATL dol

Hi Guys,
Is anyone in here from ATLANTA dol....whose case has been forwarded to Philly BEC.
I guess this is the right place for us to discuss.

yours_sincerely said:
Hi,
I had the following queries to be addressed in the BEC letter corrections list:
* Address could not be tracked to the employer
*Phone # could not be tracked to the employer.
I have been asked to send the state business license or federal business license or other official documents to the backlog processing center.
Did any of you guys have any of these queries? Is it ok to send the Tax Withholding form that has the employer's Federal & State Tax ID number as an official document? Please let me know if anyone knows what their company/lawyer might have sent.
Also, is there any way to prove that the phone # is ours cuz I don't see how they reached that conclusion? It is not even a dormant number which has not been used for a while.
Those items were included on the 45-day letter because when the case was entered into the PBLS data entry system, the database was unable to verify your employer's existence. There is a protocol for checking alternate databases or considering information provided by the employer at the time of application (articles of incorporation, federal or state tax ID info, etc.) to prove they are a bona fide business. Barring that, the request is made of the employer to provide such proof to the BEC to continue processing of the application. Unfortunately, this info must be provided by the employer or their agent/attorney and cannot come from the beneficiary (alien). (Your W-4,W-2 or IRS 1099 won't work). :( Also, many companies provide a departmental phone number on the application (Human Resources, etc.) that may not be listed as one of the employer's primary phone listings.

Last edited by a moderator:
sarathynp said:
Hi Icarus,
Dol website says:
Note: These dates were updated on January 13, 2005. The processing times dates have moved reflecting a shift of cases from the various offices to the Backlog Centers.

http://workforcesecurity.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp

Could you explain what are they conveying to us about BEC?

Thanks.
What they're saying at the doleta web site is that due to the transfer of the backlogged cases to the BEC, the remaining opened cases at the regional offices were adjusted to reflect the "reduced" number of cases to be processed at the regional level.

lc4gc said:
Hi Icarus,

thought you disappeared :p .... thanks for all your information.

Do you know How many responses mailed back? Have they started processing cases yet? Hope they could provide a roughly time range for the cases processing.....

:)
Don't have a figure presently for responses received. Actual case analysis has not yet begun but responses are being recorded and checked to see if they address any deficiencies in the applications that might have been pointed out. Also, the prevailing wage determinations made by the submitting states are being verified. The cases are then being queued into RIR and TR queues by PD. Analysis should begin within the next few weeks.

What do you mean ?

When you say analysis will start in a few weeks ? What does analysis entail.

Also, can you tell me where in the RIR queue would May 2002 PD be when all the cases are in the system ?

Also, do you have any idea about how many cases DOL thinks the BECs can process per day per analyst and how many analysts are going to work on RIR cases ?

Thanks for all the information in advance
ZB

Icarus said:
Don't have a figure presently for responses received. Actual case analysis has not yet begun but responses are being recorded and checked to see if they address any deficiencies in the applications that might have been pointed out. Also, the prevailing wage determinations made by the submitting states are being verified. The cases are then being queued into RIR and TR queues by PD. Analysis should begin within the next few weeks.

Zany_Brainy said:
When you say analysis will start in a few weeks ? What does analysis entail.

Also, can you tell me where in the RIR queue would May 2002 PD be when all the cases are in the system ?

Also, do you have any idea about how many cases DOL thinks the BECs can process per day per analyst and how many analysts are going to work on RIR cases ?

Thanks for all the information in advance
ZB
Analysis for an RIR case would entail review of the file for completeness and accuracy and making a recommendation to the Certifying Officer to approve or deny the application. For a TR case, it would entail supervision of a recruitment effort by the employer and then subsequent review and recommendation. Unfortunately, it's a bit early to give you much of an answer to your two other questions as 45-day letter responses are still being received and reviewed and analysis has not yet begun.

Hello Icarus

Icarus said:

What do you mean by " TR " queues ??? what about non rir
Thanks

ATL case

My ATL rcvd date is Jan 08-04. I guess my case was transfered to Phily from Atlanta. I have requested a meeting with my lawyer. She is trying to gather as much information as she can for next week. I'll keep you posted.

Icarus said:

Icarus (BEC's Guru) your answer's are very apt, sensible, and thanks for Anwering FAQ's

There are quite a large no.of CA SFO (RIR) cases having RD May,June 2003 are not yet recieved the Bec letters but we find lot of cases having RD July 2003 and later have recieved BEC letters.
Is there a reason why these cases are not moved to BEC or you have some info or can u guess whats happening in these cases.
(As per CA AVM may 2003 later cases (RIR) were transferred to BEC)

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Hi joegr9,

My case was fwd. to Atlanta DOL in May 2004 from FL state. As of now, I am assuming my case has been transferred to Philly BEC. Have you received any kind of confirmation from Philly....that they have recd. your case or do u have a case # ?

joegr9 said:
Hi Guys,
Is anyone in here from ATLANTA dol....whose case has been forwarded to Philly BEC.
I guess this is the right place for us to discuss.

No bro not yet. But I am sure u will recieve it before me, coz mine was sent to ATL on Nov 8th'2004.

aamchimumbai said:
Hi joegr9,

My case was fwd. to Atlanta DOL in May 2004 from FL state. As of now, I am assuming my case has been transferred to Philly BEC. Have you received any kind of confirmation from Philly....that they have recd. your case or do u have a case # ?

Labor approved

My labor was approved January 13,2005.

Philadelphia State June 2003
Received Philadelphia DOL February 2004
Certified January 13,2005

Keep up hope guys.

simonx said:
My labor was approved January 13,2005.

Philadelphia State June 2003
Received Philadelphia DOL February 2004
Certified January 13,2005

Keep up hope guys.

Hey Simonx,

Congratulations !!! Thats' gr8 news to hear.Now my hopes are again alive.Can you tell me are you in EB2 category ?

Thanks
SN