Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

The backlogged cases are pissed off !

01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: "Job Order" Requirement for PERM filing

Unlike the current practice of state offices to initiate the job order not only with the state system but also the national bank, the job order as part of the recruitment requirements for PERM filing will not require the national job bank job order. It is sufficient to make the job order with the state system only. Good!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: E-Filing vs. Mail-Filing

Even though the regulation allows mail-filing of PERM cases, the DOL discourages mail filings as it will require additional resources. The mail filing cases will have to be typed into the e-filing database by the resources in the National Processing Centers since the entire labor certification applications must be in the national database system. Additionally, if there is a flaw or defect in e-filing, the system will "not accept" the filing, but if such flaw or defect is detected in the paper filing, such application will be "denied." Once a case is denied, refiling can be audited depending on the flaws. Try to make e-filing!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times, meaning it can be within two years or so. Uh?!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: No Parallel Applications Permitted Without Losing Priority Date

When people refile a PERM application without dislosing the pending application, the National Processing Centers will access the database at the BPCs to see whether any cases are pending for the employer and the employee. Accordingly, parallel filing of PERM application and non-PERM application will be blocked by the DOL. Such policy will enhance the risk of conversion and a fewer employers may attempt conversion fiing.
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: Status of Backlog Reduction Work and Anticipated Processing Times

The Backlog Processing Centers (BPC) must complete several stages of activities before they can adjudicate any cases. The first step is to receive the backlog cases from the former Regions and SWAs in 50 states. The second step is to perform data entry and development of national database system for establishment of national "queue" for Traditional Cases and RIR pursuant to the policy of processing of First In First Out (FIFO) order. Once the development of national database system is completed, they will be ready to adjudicate the backlog applications. At this time, the BPCs are at the stage of receiving shipments from the states and the Regions. As soon as they receive the shipments, the contractors start making data entry to the national database.
The shipments are undertaken per the DOL Transitional Guidelines (TG). Those cases which were received before 01/01/2002 were scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by 12/31/2004 and remaining cases are scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by March 31, 2005. The shipments include only "unopened" cases. For the opened cases, the DOL has sent out instructions to the SWAs to complete the entire opened backlog cases by 03/31/2005.
The first shipment was made from San Francisco Region. Total 20,000 oldest cases. 10,000 cases were shipped to the Dallas BPC and 10,000 cases were shipped to the Philadelphia BPC. These cases have been data-entried and part of the inquiry letters have been sent out to the employers and their attorneys. The BPCs have also received 24,000 cases from 17 states as of the end of the year, and expects to receive altogether 100,000 within January 2005.
As for the backlog cases in the Regional Offices, total is tallied at 55,000 nationwide. These cases need to establish the national queue for FIFO processing.
The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.
The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience.

Thanks for the update

That was great information posting by you! Really appreciate it. I have yet to read such a detailed update on these cases.

My case is all screwed up anyway....I filed labor from NJ Feb 2002- RIR. Got RFE on prevailing wages in May 04. Responded back on June 04, then assumed the case moved to regional. However, obtained another RFE from NJ SWA on company name ( as per my lawyer a very minor one). Responded back in Nov 04. Since then no news. Not sure if it has gone to NY Regional or the back log reduction center. My pawyer is trying to obtain some information

Based on your memo it appears that, the opened cases have to completed by the SWAs. Do you know, where they go from there....Back Log reduction center or the Ny Federal ( in this case!)

I would appreciate if you could post answers to these if you have any.

Thank You

It's very likely that your case if cleared by SWA will go to NY regional office. I haven't heared from anywhere that NY regional office is shipping or planning to ship any case to BEC. This office will continue to work for another 1 year and in fact, NY regional has no much backlog cases. In addition, since your case is an open case, it won't be sent to BEC directly. Lucky case in such a chaotic transition period!

Looks like no matter when you received 45-day letter and replied, you have to wait until the national queue is built up. Then, all cases will be processed in FIFO bases.

nomorewait said:
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: "Job Order" Requirement for PERM filing

Unlike the current practice of state offices to initiate the job order not only with the state system but also the national bank, the job order as part of the recruitment requirements for PERM filing will not require the national job bank job order. It is sufficient to make the job order with the state system only. Good!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: E-Filing vs. Mail-Filing

Even though the regulation allows mail-filing of PERM cases, the DOL discourages mail filings as it will require additional resources. The mail filing cases will have to be typed into the e-filing database by the resources in the National Processing Centers since the entire labor certification applications must be in the national database system. Additionally, if there is a flaw or defect in e-filing, the system will "not accept" the filing, but if such flaw or defect is detected in the paper filing, such application will be "denied." Once a case is denied, refiling can be audited depending on the flaws. Try to make e-filing!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: 45 - 60 Day Processing Time for PERM Does not Apply to Conversion Cases

Another disappointing news for the conversion case is the processing times for such cases. DOL confirms that the processing time for conversion cases will be much longer than non-conversion PERM applications. DOL did not disclose the anticipated specific processing times for the conversion cases. It just stated that the processing times will be shorter than the current backlog cases waiting times, meaning it can be within two years or so. Uh?!
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: No Parallel Applications Permitted Without Losing Priority Date

When people refile a PERM application without dislosing the pending application, the National Processing Centers will access the database at the BPCs to see whether any cases are pending for the employer and the employee. Accordingly, parallel filing of PERM application and non-PERM application will be blocked by the DOL. Such policy will enhance the risk of conversion and a fewer employers may attempt conversion fiing.
01/11/2005: Report from Chicago: Status of Backlog Reduction Work and Anticipated Processing Times

The Backlog Processing Centers (BPC) must complete several stages of activities before they can adjudicate any cases. The first step is to receive the backlog cases from the former Regions and SWAs in 50 states. The second step is to perform data entry and development of national database system for establishment of national "queue" for Traditional Cases and RIR pursuant to the policy of processing of First In First Out (FIFO) order. Once the development of national database system is completed, they will be ready to adjudicate the backlog applications. At this time, the BPCs are at the stage of receiving shipments from the states and the Regions. As soon as they receive the shipments, the contractors start making data entry to the national database.
The shipments are undertaken per the DOL Transitional Guidelines (TG). Those cases which were received before 01/01/2002 were scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by 12/31/2004 and remaining cases are scheduled to be shipped to the BPC by March 31, 2005. The shipments include only "unopened" cases. For the opened cases, the DOL has sent out instructions to the SWAs to complete the entire opened backlog cases by 03/31/2005.
The first shipment was made from San Francisco Region. Total 20,000 oldest cases. 10,000 cases were shipped to the Dallas BPC and 10,000 cases were shipped to the Philadelphia BPC. These cases have been data-entried and part of the inquiry letters have been sent out to the employers and their attorneys. The BPCs have also received 24,000 cases from 17 states as of the end of the year, and expects to receive altogether 100,000 within January 2005.
As for the backlog cases in the Regional Offices, total is tallied at 55,000 nationwide. These cases need to establish the national queue for FIFO processing.
The backlog reduction cases are handled by the two BPCs and the two satellite centers in San Francisco Regional Office and the Boston-New York Regional Office. These two Regional Offices cannot actively perform the backlog reduction work because they are not hooked upto the national database system. They are scheduled to be hooked upto the national database system along the way. These satellite centers will participate in the backlog reduction work for one year and will be phased out.
The timing of actual adjudication of cases will depend on two factors: One is the volume of conversion cases after the launch of PERM program on 03/28/2005. The larger the conversions are in number, the smaller the total numbers for the BPC will end up. The second factor is the timing of completion of shipment and data entry. DOL anticipates that it is not going to be for a while that the BPCs actually adjudicate and decide any cases. The entire backlog cases are predicted to be removed not in 24 months but from 24 month to 30 months from 03/28/2005. People should keep patience.

NON RIR, Washington DC
State Receipt Date: 04/30/2001
NOF: 08/10/2003...NOF response: 08/16/2003
Philly DOL Receipt Date: Dic 2004

Choclito: You and I have very similar dates. Mine reached Philly in Nov end. Lets see when we get the letter and/or approval. I am hoping before Q3 of this year!

Where is my 45 days letter?

My status detail.....

EB-2, Non-RIR, WV
PD: July 2003
DOL region office at Philadelphia: 01/08/2004
45-day letter from NBC: still waiting for it......

Have anyone similar with my case and received 45-day letter? Please let me know....... Thanks a lot!

husker said:
My status detail.....

EB-2, Non-RIR, WV
PD: July 2003
DOL region office at Philadelphia: 01/08/2004
45-day letter from NBC: still waiting for it......

Have anyone similar with my case and received 45-day letter? Please let me know....... Thanks a lot!

I'm sailing in same boat too, my RD at Philly DOL is 01/03/04. Let me know when you receive this 45 days notice letter.

Ciril99

njrirlabor said:
That was great information posting by you! Really appreciate it. I have yet to read such a detailed update on these cases.

My case is all screwed up anyway....I filed labor from NJ Feb 2002- RIR. Got RFE on prevailing wages in May 04. Responded back on June 04, then assumed the case moved to regional. However, obtained another RFE from NJ SWA on company name ( as per my lawyer a very minor one). Responded back in Nov 04. Since then no news. Not sure if it has gone to NY Regional or the back log reduction center. My pawyer is trying to obtain some information

Based on your memo it appears that, the opened cases have to completed by the SWAs. Do you know, where they go from there....Back Log reduction center or the Ny Federal ( in this case!)

I would appreciate if you could post answers to these if you have any.

Thank You

Swa need to complete formalities by end of March 2005 and transferred to BEC centers.

Is Atlanta DOL's cases being transfered to the BEC already?

Will the Phi BCE receive Atlanta's cases too?. if yes, when?

GA LD Jan 2003
GA RD Dec 2004

Thanks,

RIR LC between Jan 1, 2005 - March 28, 2005

Friends,

Applying for labor certification in RIR in a day or two...where one should be sending LC application? Is it to NPC or BEC or state labor department?. Is there any change in RIR case processing rules between Jan 1, 2005 to March 28, 2005? Would like the application to be sent to right place.

Thanks in advance.

Received BRC/BED Letter

Received BRC/BED Letter

Details
EB3 - RIR Virginia
State Received May 15 2002
Philly DOL Received Jan 13 2004
BRC/BEC 45 Day letter Received Jan 7th 2005 and replied

According to lawer info.. it could take from many month to a few years before the case is approved at BEC

BEC Correction List

Hi,
I had the following queries to be addressed in the BEC letter corrections list:
* Address could not be tracked to the employer
*Phone # could not be tracked to the employer.
I have been asked to send the state business license or federal business license or other official documents to the backlog processing center.
Did any of you guys have any of these queries? Is it ok to send the Tax Withholding form that has the employer's Federal & State Tax ID number as an official document? Please let me know if anyone knows what their company/lawyer might have sent.
Also, is there any way to prove that the phone # is ours cuz I don't see how they reached that conclusion? It is not even a dormant number which has not been used for a while.

rincytom said:
Hi mnhrdc,
I heard that cases from NY, NJ are still going to NY DOL and gets approved and may continue till March (until SWA is ready for transferg unopened cases to BEC). Your case since opened by SWA, the chance is to transfer it to NY DOL if this hapens before March (if you are lucky)...pray for it.

Hi rinyctom

By the way my case is from CA allready at Regional Office expecting to transfer to BEC centers which has not happened untill now.

Yes you are correct, All the states cases unopend recieved before Dec 2004 are sent to BEC and opened will be processed at state and then go to BEC .
Deadline to finish for state opened cases is March 2005 for all States.

Moving forward after March 28th when Perm is in effect lot of changes will occur like NPC,BEC, And Regional office will continue approve opend cases at respective centers for mostly for an year.

Is this true, could you give the source for this information ?

Hi mnhrdc,
Can you please tell me where you received this information from ? I am in the same boat as you (CA PD 05/09/2002, RD 06/19/2003 - EB2 RIR No 45 Day Reply Yet).

Thanks
cadesi
mnhrdc said:
Hi rinyctom

By the way my case is from CA allready at Regional Office expecting to transfer to BEC centers which has not happened untill now.

Yes you are correct, All the states cases unopend recieved before Dec 2004 are sent to BEC and opened will be processed at state and then go to BEC .
Deadline to finish for state opened cases is March 2005 for all States.

Moving forward after March 28th when Perm is in effect lot of changes will occur like NPC,BEC, And Regional office will continue approve opend cases at respective centers for mostly for an year.

cadesi said:
Hi mnhrdc,
Can you please tell me where you received this information from ? I am in the same boat as you (CA PD 05/09/2002, RD 06/19/2003 - EB2 RIR No 45 Day Reply Yet).

Thanks
cadesi

This info was avialable on all popular immigration lawyers portals.
Regading why i didnt get teh bec letter my attorney said
cases having RD july 2003 and later are transferred to Bec and cases having earlier dates are still at SFO and may be processsed there .
If you call AVM this is not true, but untill we recieve letter we may have to believe it.

Phone #

What is the phone # to call Philly BRC and talk to live person ?
Is there any AVM to check case status ? Pl. let me know.

Has anyone who filed for labor in NJ in 2002 received the 45 day letter as yet?

I applied for labor in NJ RIR in Feb 2002. My case came for review in May 04 and got an RFE for prevailing wages, which my lawyer responded back in June 2004. Got another RFE in October 2004 regarding company name and the lawyer responded back in November 2004. Since then no news. I was under the impression it should be trasferred to NY Regional, but my lawyer says it is most likely to be send to the backlog center. But have not received a 45 day letter or any letter from any one as yet.

Does anyone know, as to what is the process for handling opened cases by the backlog center.

This process of not being able to obtain a status on your case is very very painful!

Not true

mnhrdc said:
This info was avialable on all popular immigration lawyers portals.
Regading why i didnt get teh bec letter my attorney said
cases having RD july 2003 and later are transferred to Bec and cases having earlier dates are still at SFO and may be processsed there .
If you call AVM this is not true, but untill we recieve letter we may have to believe it.

This is not true.
I have RD of June 2003 from CA, SF DOL, I recieved letter on Jan 3rd from DOL TX.

ZB