Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

Zany_Brainy said:
My guess is they will wait 45 days from the time the first letters were sent out before they start processing. That is why they call it the 45 day letter.

My PD is May 1 2002 (RIR EB2)

(One of the earliest cases to be sent to the Dallas BEC from CA, I would think)

GP111 what do you say, shouldn't my case be one of the first SF cases to be processed ?

By the way I have already recieved and replied to the 45 day letter.

thx :(

Your guess is correct they start adjudicating only after 45 days of reply.

your case could be first if your state PD is earlier to others

They are currently in the middle of capturing the data and in First stage means capture and varify and start process later on FIFO (PD dates) irrespective of state and RD dates.
Earliest State PD's backlogged states are Texas/CA/Phily and i think they get the priority based on PD FIFO

Note on adjudication

It is kinda confusing how BEC would start adjudicating after they have received a response from the lawyers based on the State Receipt Date (PD). The reason is that they are not sending them in any order which means that the last person getting the "love letter" could be someone from, lets say, July 2001. Now, only after this guy has replied to the BEC letter within the 45-day timeframe can the BEC really start processing anything if it is based on PD.
Please let me know if this logic looks flawed ( I want it be flawed :) )

yours_sincerely said:
It is kinda confusing how BEC would start adjudicating after they have received a response from the lawyers based on the State Receipt Date (PD). The reason is that they are not sending them in any order which means that the last person getting the "love letter" could be someone from, lets say, July 2001. Now, only after this guy has replied to the BEC letter within the 45-day timeframe can the BEC really start processing anything if it is based on PD.

That would be just crazy!! Everyone waiting for one person to respond so we all can get approvals? No way, anyone with little sense will not follow that process.

yours_sincerely said:

From the training manual it said that

1.Send BEC Letters (45day) after enter data for recieved files from Texas/Philly/SFO/ Intially
2.Re-enter data for reply's recieved and randomly audit for data entry errors
3. check for Priviling wages/undue restricitons
4.Move to RIR or Non-RIR que
5.Process on State PD (FIFO)
6.Adjudicate

So they are in process of encapsulating the data in data base and later when they start processing they may prioritise by state PD on FIFO for entered data (sort on state date field).

Currently all BEC letters sent look randomly at least for CA. Any time soon we should see letters between these dates.
earliest state PD May 2002
Latest State PD March 2003.

mnhrdc,

It means they will start Adjudicate only after receiving the responce from all 300,000 45-day letters.....????

need correction in the 45 days letter

I received my 45 days letter :) , but :( it said there is one correction need to make in ETA 750 part A or B:
Alien's Birthplace is a required entry

But they didn't send back my ETA 750, how could I make the correction?

Anybody had similar situation? Any suggestion?

Thanks

lvka said:
I received my 45 days letter :) , but :( it said there is one correction need to make in ETA 750 part A or B:
Alien's Birthplace is a required entry

But they didn't send back my ETA 750, how could I make the correction?

Anybody had similar situation? Any suggestion?

Thanks
was the letter addressed to you or your employer or agent?

mnhrdc said:
Your guess is correct they start adjudicating only after 45 days of reply.

your case could be first if your state PD is earlier to others

They are currently in the middle of capturing the data and in First stage means capture and varify and start process later on FIFO (PD dates) irrespective of state and RD dates.
Earliest State PD's backlogged states are Texas/CA/Phily and i think they get the priority based on PD FIFO
The letter is named "45-day" letter because that is the amount of time provided for a response to be received from the employer or agent/attorney. Once the response has been received and the data file updated, the file is placed into a queue by LO priority date and processing type (RIR or TR) and is worked on in FIFO order. That means if an analyst is working on a case from September 2003 and your case with LO date 7/02 comes in, once the case currently being worked on has been passed on, your case would be next in line for analysis. This prioritization will be done frequently to maintain a true FIFO order. Once the analysis process has been initiated at the BEC, cases received will be worked on as soon as they come up in LO order...there is no designated wait time on a case once a continuation/correction response has been received.

Icarus said:
The letter is named "45-day" letter because that is the amount of time provided for a response to be received from the employer or agent/attorney. Once the response has been received and the data file updated, the file is placed into a queue by LO priority date and processing type (RIR or TR) and is worked on in FIFO order. That means if an analyst is working on a case from September 2003 and your case with LO date 7/02 comes in, once the case currently being worked on has been passed on, your case would be next in line for analysis. This prioritization will be done frequently to maintain a true FIFO order. Once the analysis process has been initiated at the BEC, cases received will be worked on as soon as they come up in LO order...there is no designated wait time on a case once a continuation/correction response has been received.

Thanks for the information, I guess it does makes some sense as opposed to waiting till all letters are answered.
So someone from 2004 has received the letter and replied to it, it mgiht get approved way before someone waiting since 2001, since 2001 guys have not received letters. Not exactly FIFO but what the heck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Icarus said:
was the letter addressed to you or your employer or agent?
The letter addressed to my lawyer. Infact, beside the correction list, other pages of the letter is the same with other regular 45 days letter.

Adjudication

Yeah...that would be the right thing to do. So, I guess, no FIFO based on PD as lawyers are usually going to reply to a BEC letter almost immediately. Since there are no dates to go by, if someone unluckily does not receive a letter that was actually sent out he has no way to find out if a letter was actually sent out if the lawyer is not cooperative (all my lawyer tells me is that they haven't received anything and they'll let me know if they do)...phew :rolleyes:

Icarus said:
If the letters are sent out randomly, the so called "FIFO" is simply not there any more. The first guys receiving the letters and responding will be the lucky ones no matter when they filed their cases.

Has any one from New York has got the 45 day letter with priority dates of Dec 2002 or later?

Thanks in advance for the replies!

hawk3000 said:
Has any one from New York has got the 45 day letter with priority dates of Dec 2002 or later?

Cases from New York are moved to BEC? Thats news for me. :confused:

45 day letter

Has any one from Connecticut has got the 45 day letter with priority dates of Jan 2003 or later? (RIR or Non RIR)

Received 45 day letter

:) Just wanted to share that we received the letter for my case asking for some additional information about the company and to respond if still interested in processing (Request was from Texas BEC).
My LCA details are below
State: Feb 6, 2003 - Delaware
Moved to Regional: Dec 2, 2003 - Philly

Icarus said:

Yeah i know it means the time period but i am not sure they start process immediately for replies recived immediately which is LIFO having later PD dates.

From the CA tracker i noticed few of fallowing have been recieved BEC letters and replied by now.

sudmoni-->Apr 19 2004 -->Apr 24 2004--->Loui--> Dalls
gc_us_k --> Apr 2003 --> March 2004 --> CA --> Dallas
dude123 --> May 8th 2002 --> May 1 2003 --> cA --> PA
Georgetm --> March 20, 2003 --> XX --> CA --> Dallas

If they start immediately processing the first case having PD Apr 2004 over May 2002 for RIR cases the idea of FIFO is defeated. Thre are lot of May 2002 (RD may 2003) CA cases have not yet recieved the letters.

I dont think they start approving cases immediately as soon they recieve the answer for such cases. But data wil be captured to process further as you said on sorted basis.

In my view they may not be sending the letters by FIFO for capturing the data, and must be entering files by just opeing the boxes. (the letter is being sent so that about 20% of cases will be withdrawn for various reasons and which does not require futher processing based on earlier testing.) but once they capture enough data they may start processing by FIFO with very few overlap as you said.

Definetly you require enough data to run automated process and it will be wonderfull if we see approvals before middle of FEB 2005.

Last edited by a moderator:
RE: CT Cases

In response to following query
Has any one from Connecticut has got the 45 day letter with priority dates of Jan 2003 or later? (RIR or Non RIR)

I do not think, CT cases were moved to BEC centers. One of my friends got approval about couple of weeks back from Boston center.

SRK

I think both of you are guessing..

Both the cases:
1) Processing as soon as a response is recieved.. (My lawyer said the same..)
2) Processing after responses to all letters recieved

Seem incredulous BECAUSE the letters were not sent out in order.

I do think they planned to do it in order, so that as the responses came in they can start processing immediately, but their letters seem to be sent at random.

My PD is by far the earliest among all the letters I have seen which have been recieved/replied to.

PD: May 1 2002
RD: May 28 2003

Thanks
:(

mnhrdc said:
Yeah i know it means the time period but i am not sure they start process immediately for replies recived immediately which is LIFO having later PD dates.

From the CA tracker i noticed few of fallowing have been recieved BEC letters and replied by now.

sudmoni-->Apr 19 2004 -->Apr 24 2004--->Loui--> Dalls
gc_us_k --> Apr 2003 --> March 2004 --> CA --> Dallas
dude123 --> May 8th 2002 --> May 1 2003 --> cA --> PA
Georgetm --> March 20, 2003 --> XX --> CA --> Dallas

If they start immediately processing the first case having PD Apr 2004 over May 2002 for RIR cases the idea of FIFO is defeated. Thre are lot of May 2002 (RD may 2003) CA cases have not yet recieved the letters.

I dont think they start approving cases immediately as soon they recieve the answer for such cases. But data wil be captured to process further as you said on sorted basis.

In my view they may not be sending the letters by FIFO for capturing the data, and must be entering files by just opeing the boxes. (the letter is being sent so that about 20% of cases will be withdrawn for various reasons and which does not require futher processing based on earlier testing.) but once they capture enough data they may start processing by FIFO with very few overlap as you said.

Definetly you require enough data to run automated process and it will be wonderfull if we see approvals before middle of FEB 2005.