Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:

Status of Processing at the Backlog Processing Centers:
The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:

Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.

Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.

Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com
under breaking news

my case is filled in RIR/CA/SFDOL with RD July 6th 2004. I didn't received the 45 days letter. If they already send the letter then, it means, my letter is lost. What we have to do.

thx

mvinays said:
01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update

The DOL did not disclose in details a number of issues in the PERM Briefings which the consumers were interested in. It turned out that some of these issues had been discussed with the AILA in telephone conference before the PERM Briefing sessions began. Some of these issues had been answered as follows:

The cases which were transferred from the Regional Offices were processed first. For these cases, initial letters have been being sent out. Once the responses come back from the applicants, they will start adjudicating the cases. The current state is as follows:

Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions Cases: Data entry for these cases has been completed and letters have been sent out and the Backlog Centers are awaiting the responses for further processing and adjudication.

Chicago and Atlanta Regions Cases: These cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers later and currently being data-entried. Once the data entry is completed, letters will be sent out the applicants as it did with the Dallas, Philadelphia, and San Francisco Regions cases.
The cases which were transferred from the SWA (state offices) are at the stage of data entry. Once data entry is completed, the same steps will be taken as described above.

Processing Queue per FIFO: Shockingly, there are no separate queues between RIR and Regular cases and both RIR and Regular cases are being processed on FIFO in a single national queue. Consequently, RIR cases will experience a substantial delay once the cases are transferred to the Backlog Centers!!

Opened Cases vs. Unopened Cases: Under the Transition Guideline, unopened cases have been transferred to the Backlog Centers and opened cases will be completed by the SWAs. The definition of "opened cases" is the application packages which are at the SWAs in unopened boxes or where no letters have been issued by the SWAs to the applicants. Accordingly, those who received a letter from the state offices may be completed at the state offices rather than being transferred to the Backlog Centers.
Notification of Address Changes of the Applicants or Attorneys: If one knows that his/her case has been transferred to the Backlog Centers, the notification should be addressed to the Backlog Centers. If one does not know, DOL suggests to such notification to both the Backlog Center and the SWA office.

Address of Certifying Officers and SWA in the Notice Posting for Cases to be Filed before 03/28/2005: People should follow the same rules and requirements under the current labor certification regulation. Thus the notice posting should direct the public to file misrepresentation or complaints to the office of Certifying Officer's office and the state labor certification unit. Remember, though, some Regions, addresses have been changed: Chicago and Atlanta offices.

SOURCE:
http://www.immigration-law.com
under breaking news

Anand_Mishra said:
my case is filled in RIR/CA/SFDOL with RD July 6th 2004. I didn't received the 45 days letter. If they already send the letter then, it means, my letter is lost. What we have to do.

thx
Several possible scenarios come to mind...1. Since the BEC is still generating letters for some remaining SF regional cases, yours may not have been sent yet.
2. If sent and your Employer moved w/o notifying DOL, the letter came back and the case will be terminated if the employer doesn't contact DOL with the new information. 3. If the employer has an agent/attorney and they have relocated without notifying DOL, the employer will be notified that they need to follow up on the application or instruct the agent to do so, or, if a new agent is being used, that agent needs to respond along with a new G-28 indicating their representation of the employer.

RIR and TR Processing ?

B]EXCERPTS FROM 01/21/2005: DOL Backlog Reduction Processing Update[/B]

What I understand is:
There are total of 55,000 cases recieved from the Regional offices (According to their earlier memo) As per their regular processing guidelines, even if they put all these cases in the National FIFO , they will still have separate teams for RIR and Non-RIR (TR). So though they are in the same queue, the RIR cases will move at a different speed then the TR cases.

Icarus,
This is a critical bit of information on the basis of which we should decide wether or not it is wise to cancel our existing LC application (after nearly 3 years) and go for PERM or TO WAIT. Can you please use your sources and confirm wether there is going to be separate teams working on RIR and TR cases (albeit from the same FIFO queue) or NOT ?

Thx
ZB

Last edited by a moderator:
To Zany_Brainy

The above information about BPC guidelines are from
www.immigration-law.com
In terms of a single line for Regular labor and RIR, I think that refers to cases transferred from regional office to BPC, it is common sense that regional offices have been regarding these two as the same and processing them using similar timeline. I think they will process cases from Regional offices first or at least differently compared to cases from state level.

alohaahola said:
The above information about BPC guidelines are from
www.immigration-law.com
In terms of a single line for Regular labor and RIR, I think that refers to cases transferred from regional office to BPC, it is common sense that regional offices have been regarding these two as the same and processing them using similar timeline. I think they will process cases from Regional offices first or at least differently compared to cases from state level.

as another member said on the other philly tread, we shouldn't really trust what's on immigration-law.com. they keep coming up with contradictory information each time. plus the english is so so bad, it's really hard to beleive that the information is coming from professional's who know what they are talking about. again as that member said, it's almost like a tabloid.

alohaahola,

Please keep your "common sense" to yourelf. Check on the processing time on regional level and you will see the difference between RIR and non-RIR.

I dont think Immigration-Law is correct

In this case I dont think that Immi-Law is correct. Besides who can verify the source of that info. So far the info we have got from our "Kind Lady" at BEC has proven to be very accurate. So until we get a firm reply from AILA about this I would be inclined to believe the "Kind Lady" that Imm-Law which as some member pointed out have a compulsive need to be sensational.

I think waht the immigrtion-law said is basically correct, please refer to another website to read, similar updates about DOL perm .

Thttp://www.immigration.com/perm/permdolnews.pdf

sameer2730 said:
In this case I dont think that Immi-Law is correct. Besides who can verify the source of that info. So far the info we have got from our "Kind Lady" at BEC has proven to be very accurate. So until we get a firm reply from AILA about this I would be inclined to believe the "Kind Lady" that Imm-Law which as some member pointed out have a compulsive need to be sensational.
I cannot agree the "kind lady" gives us accurate information. BTW, how many people with cases pending in former Philly Regional before the end of 2003 have not received the letters from BEC/BPC yet? I have not and I am very worried. According to the kind lady, the letter should have been sent long time ago and Philly Regional cases would be processed first. But it turned out it was not true at all. I don't care if something comes out from BEC/BPC even if it is not accurate because with the secrecy of the whole process, we cannot do anything.

pennwaiting said:
I cannot agree the "kind lady" gives us accurate information. BTW, how many people with cases pending in former Philly Regional before the end of 2003 have not received the letters from BEC/BPC yet? I have not and I am very worried. According to the kind lady, the letter should have been sent long time ago and Philly Regional cases would be processed first. But it turned out it was not true at all. I don't care if something comes out from BEC/BPC even if it is not accurate because with the secrecy of the whole process, we cannot do anything.

My case is kind of similar. My case was transferred to Phili Regional in Sept 2003, and I havn't heard anything yet.

M

Me too. My case was also transferred to Phili Regional in Sept 2003, NO letter received yet. I wonder if anyone under similar situation received their 45-day letter. Is there any rationale behind this mess?

Icarus, can you provide some more insight on this in particular. Thanks.

PhillyKeepWait said:
Me too. My case was also transferred to Phili Regional in Sept 2003, NO letter received yet. I wonder if anyone under similar situation received their 45-day letter. Is there any rationale behind this mess?

Icarus, can you provide some more insight on this in particular. Thanks.

i am on the same boat my friend. my case was transferred in october of 2003. still no letter. don't know anymore what to think :-( :-(...is case lost? did it remain at philly regional so i shouldn't expect a letter? was it sent to philly bec so i should expect a letter? is it considered as opened or unponed? going crazy~!@#$%^&/1

More infor

foret1 said:
i am on the same boat my friend. my case was transferred in october of 2003. still no letter. don't know anymore what to think :-( :-(...is case lost? did it remain at philly regional so i shouldn't expect a letter? was it sent to philly bec so i should expect a letter? is it considered as opened or unponed? going crazy~!@#$%^&/1

Check out http://archive.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp
Enter your employer's name, State if you wish and just submit. It should be able to give you a list of all cases received at the Regional office and if the State office acted on it. Atleast you will be able to figure out if Regional received it etc (I was). Now what it doesn't tell you is if the case is still in Regional or in BEC.

M

Please check out this site I found from the other thread - Philadelphia Regional DOL Tracker:
-------------------------------------------------------------
http://archive.flcdatacenter.com/casesearchperm.asp

key in your employer name and select 'All' for Fields To Return.
The provided info. is prior to December 2003.
-----------------------------------------------------------

I tried but could not find my case record in the database. Let me know if you can. Wonder if this is why we have not received the letter. Case LOST?! :mad:

My case info:
RIR
Philly State Receipt Date (PD): 09/07/2003
Philly Regional DOL Receipt Date (RD): 09/23/2003

foret1 said:

The other thing in the F*** document that bothers me is that it states that DOL is still developing the "National Proceesing Standards" for RIR. The "national standard" can be more strict than the Regional Center standard in your specific region. For example, in my regoin, advertisement does NOT need to last the whole 6 months. Instead, one month is enough (but must happen within 6 months before the filing). So if the "national standard" becomes more strict, we may not be approved and could all face "Notice of Finding!" This will require additional advertisement and more delays. Right now the only words that I want to say is "DAMN IT!!!" :mad:

Still Working on National Standards for RIR
DOL National Office is working on national standards against which to evaluate such issues as RIR regional variations throughout the country.
Examples of such variations would include how offices treat the following issues:
Whether Item 15 can be used in an RIR case;
Whether the job must be advertised in trade/professional journal or whether newspaper advertising is acceptable;
Whether an ad in Sunday edition of a newspaper is required;
Whether requirements must be quantified or whether they can be expressed as "knowledge of" or "proficiency in";
Whether recruitment must take place throughout the six month period prior to filing or simply within the six months (i.e., one month might be sufficient);
Whether the experience on Form ETA 750B can have gaps or all periods must be covered including periods of unemployment.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where is my labor application?

Icarus, do you have any idea, as to where are the applications which were processed in SWAs? My labor application was filed in Virginia SWA on 1st Dec 2003, and according to a lady in Nine Miles office in VA, all the cases were transferred to BECs. So I am kinda confused, as to where the application might be. Can you please throw some light?

- LCGC