Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

chinglun said:
by the way dallas bec processing ... EB2 may soon be in the same boat ...

:eek:
BUt I heard that EB2 will NOT be affected. Are you sure about it? Then it is a bomb to me. What is the cut off date for EB2 now? Man, I am really confused by this Retrogression and visa # and cut off date. So, does it means that no matter how old your PD is, you cannot file I485 because there is no visa #? Then how about the cut off date? When does it apply? Can you kindly explain it to me? I was just told be somebody that if a guy gets his PERM approved and he is in EB2, he can apply for I485. But if he is in EB3, can he apply?
If EB3 cannot apply and EB2 can apply, then it is hell for EB2 who stuck in Pilly shithole. Because anybody who gets PERM can apply for EB2 and there will soon be no visa #, let alone there is Dallas also. Please, can somebody explain the situation to me?

luckylucky said:
BUt I heard that EB2 will NOT be affected. Are you sure about it? Then it is a bomb to me. What is the cut off date for EB2 now? Man, I am really confused by this Retrogression and visa # and cut off date. So, does it means that no matter how old your PD is, you cannot file I485 because there is no visa #? Then how about the cut off date? When does it apply? Can you kindly explain it to me? I was just told be somebody that if a guy gets his PERM approved and he is in EB2, he can apply for I485. But if he is in EB3, can he apply?
If EB3 cannot apply and EB2 can apply, then it is hell for EB2 who stuck in Pilly shithole. Because anybody who gets PERM can apply for EB2 and there will soon be no visa #, let alone there is Dallas also. Please, can somebody explain the situation to me?
Well, I strongly suggest that somebody in CA DOL and got their case transferred to shithole and in EB3 catalog compose a letter complaining about the situation that Dallas is way after than Shithole and suggest DOL allocate equal amount of visa # to pilly. Otherwise, it won't be fair for CA DOL's unlucky forks who stucks in shithole now. Imaging seeing you people who file for LC 2 years after you can file I485 and gets EAD, especially in the same state or even in the same company, you may think just hang yourself.

In fact I suggest they allocate visa # for all Philly BEC, but if the letter can be written in name of a guy from CA DOL, it can gain more sympathy because he is the guy who looks most innocent and gets taken advantage most here.
I don't know how other people think of it.

Labor Certification RIR

Do you know when the Depatment of Labor is going to process applications filed in September 2003 for Maryland and applications filed in September 2004 for Virginia?

Thank you.

PS: At least we should the date they are working on.

igor_ch said:
Seriously, does anyone know which software they use for workflow management?

Workflow management vendors make a lot of money on professional services and their employees would normally come to the clients every once in a while, especially while system is relatively new. Now if we know vendor's name, we could try to search for friends at that software maker (or PS company) and maybe get some decent statistics.

The CAPS system used by DOL to process backlog was created by Technology & Management
Services, Inc. of Maryland (www.tms-hq.com). The flcdatacenter.com has no records for TMS.
The Draft training manual for CAPS does not mention reporting/statistics functions. It says however
that the backend of CAPS is MS SQL, so if somebody can connect to it than a trivial SQL query
should suffice.

atyagi73 said:
Gurus...Who we should write letter to ? Any suggestion ....
I think, to everybody, senator, CHao, congressman, director of DOL.
In fact that I don't think DOL ever realize this problem, i.e., incomparable processing rate of two BEC centers will cause the visa problem for EB3 people. Also they didn't realize that RIR have to wait for half year longer than NO-RIR to file for LC. What problem that you think is unfair? you can compose them into one letter and post it here for us to review, then we will give some input about it and we will send it out together. ALso PERM itself is unfair, I really believe so. I think at lease by sending the letter to CHao, (she probably will transfer to director of DOL (that is better than writing to DOL directly), will certainly put more pressure on Philly BEC to catch up with DBEC.
Since it is a absolutely very unfair situation to Philly's EB3 applicant here, I think once they notice the problem, they have to find a way to resolve it.
What do you think?

juntha said:
Well.. Bienvenu en enfer ! If yu have a PD of 2004... it s gonna take some time. But hey ! i ve been waiting for more than 4 years now. ;)

Tu sais pourquoi ta demande de LC prends tant de temps. J'ais un copain du Pakistan qui a recu son LC il y a quelques mois et il a commence les demarches il y a un an et demi. Comment ce fait-il qu'apres quatre ans tu n'as toujours rien recu ?

Besides senators, congressmen,etc, there is also Office of Inspector General, which audits DOL's work constantly. They already have a work plan for FY 2005, and that plan does not include our Philly/Dallas questions. However, it may make sense to make them aware of the problem.

As an example of their work you can review http://www.oig.dol.gov/public/reports/oa/2004/06-04-004-03-321.pdf (Restoring Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act Created a Flood of Poor Quality Foreign Labor Certification Applications Predominantly For Aliens Without Legal Work Status), discussing effects of 245(i) on LC with all the numbers and details. That document seems to suggest that many applications filed in the first 4 months of 2001 should produce NOF, which may explain why we don't see many approvals for those months.

igor_ch said:
Besides senators, congressmen,etc, there is also Office of Inspector General, which audits DOL's work constantly. They already have a work plan for FY 2005, and that plan does not include our Philly/Dallas questions. However, it may make sense to make them aware of the problem.

As an example of their work you can review http://www.oig.dol.gov/public/reports/oa/2004/06-04-004-03-321.pdf (Restoring Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act Created a Flood of Poor Quality Foreign Labor Certification Applications Predominantly For Aliens Without Legal Work Status), discussing effects of 245(i) on LC with all the numbers and details. That document seems to suggest that many applications filed in the first 4 months of 2001 should produce NOF, which may explain why we don't see many approvals for those months.
Great! BUt can somebody who can write English beautifully compose a letter detailing all the problems about Philly BEC? If we don't pressure Philly, the hell they will keep the same pace as Dallas even after they finish all data entry. Why, because from the way they stuck to FIFO, it proves that they are inefficient and slow. If EB3 IND and CHIN folks don't speak up, they will be taken most advantage of.

same PD 3/25/03 from california

krish68 said:
Hi

Nice catch. my case was filed on 3/25/03 there was a typo error.

Mine is also the same PD 3/25/03 as yours filed in california. got 45 day letter during feb. replied to philly. waiting for LC approval????????????

luckylucky, your English is pretty good, why don't U?

luckylucky said:
Great! BUt can somebody who can write English beautifully compose a letter detailing all the problems about Philly BEC? If we don't pressure Philly, the hell they will keep the same pace as Dallas even after they finish all data entry. Why, because from the way they stuck to FIFO, it proves that they are inefficient and slow. If EB3 IND and CHIN folks don't speak up, they will be taken most advantage of.

igor_ch said:

FYI, there are some sample letters listed out in the link in my signature.

NO, thank you. I am very busy. I am having another baby coming very soon (full term now, due at any time) and have another two year old to take care of now. SO I am very tired and stressful and of course depressed. Besides, I don't think my ENglish is good enough to write a decent letter. Can mockery write the letter?

closed cases

USCISisMockery said:
FYI, there are some sample letters listed out in the link in my signature.

Thanks for the sample letters.

Can someone add another issue to the letters?

Many cases like mine have been closed by mistake for various reasons (due to BEC's fault). But BEC just told my attorney that they do not have resources to review those closed cases. My case was filed in October, 2001 and it was closed 2 month ago. My attorney has written 2 letters to BEC but there is no response yet from BEC.

I think DOL should stop sending those stupid 45-day letters. Only few cases are really withdrawn. But many cases were mistakenly closed and need more time to review and reopen. It just wastes time and money.

I do not know how long it will take to reopen my case. It was BEC's fault to close my case. But they just told us that they did not have enough resource!

It is really unfair. I waited for my LCA for 3.5 years and due to the closure I can not renew my H1 when my 6 year is due.

Please help to mention this issue in your letter.

Thanks

Receipt dates for Philly BEC

Hi,
I was looking at the spreadsheet for the backlog center receipt dates provided at http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. For North Carolina, it shows only the receipt date for the applications filed between 06/2003-12/2004.
Does anyone know if the LCAs filed in North Carolina filed prior to 06/2003 have been moved to Philly BEC?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Kiran

Friends, I can take a shot at writing the letters. However, I am too wrapped at work to go through all the messages and figure out what to include in the letter(s). So, if all the different issues can be merged into one single message, I will draft a letter and put it up for review.

If anyone's already wrote the letter(s), please ignore this message.....

krik said:
Friends, I can take a shot at writing the letters. However, I am too wrapped at work to go through all the messages and figure out what to include in the letter(s). So, if all the different issues can be merged into one single message, I will draft a letter and put it up for review.

If anyone's already wrote the letter(s), please ignore this message.....

There is list of sample letters in my signature. thanks

We should address these issues which are not highlighted in above letter:

- sufferings of people like umd97 whose case were falsely closed
- basic purpose of BEC is not fulfilled as highlighted by sanjay
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1142222&postcount=62
- backlog is bad for beneficiary, employer, lawyer and US citizen, as explained by cacheline
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1165726&postcount=65

Last edited by a moderator:
luckylucky said:
NO, thank you. I am very busy. I am having another baby coming very soon (full term now, due at any time) and have another two year old to take care of now. SO I am very tired and stressful and of course depressed. Besides, I don't think my ENglish is good enough to write a decent letter. Can mockery write the letter?

I already have one (please follow link in my signature). But it needs some revision as it misses some new issues. Also the target audience of my letter is different than other sample letter listed in that thread.