Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

USCISisMockery said:
I already have one (please follow link in my signature). But it needs some revision as it misses some new issues. Also the target audience of my letter is different than other sample letter listed in that thread.
I read one of those sample letters. It is very good. The trauma of this whole crap is worded well. But I doubt, if they really care to do anything abt our distress

chicchu said:
I read one of those sample letters. It is very good. The trauma of this whole crap is worded well. But I doubt, if they really care to do anything abt our distress

Will it be better if we bring it to the attention of CNN or Fox News

Aprlc2002 -- Monday morning report ?

Aprlc2002.. do you have any new news this morning. ?
Please update us.

igor_ch said:
Besides senators, congressmen,etc, there is also Office of Inspector General, which audits DOL's work constantly. They already have a work plan for FY 2005, and that plan does not include our Philly/Dallas questions. However, it may make sense to make them aware of the problem.

As an example of their work you can review http://www.oig.dol.gov/public/reports/oa/2004/06-04-004-03-321.pdf (Restoring Section 245(i) of the Immigration and Nationality Act Created a Flood of Poor Quality Foreign Labor Certification Applications Predominantly For Aliens Without Legal Work Status), discussing effects of 245(i) on LC with all the numbers and details. That document seems to suggest that many applications filed in the first 4 months of 2001 should produce NOF, which may explain why we don't see many approvals for those months.

I am surprised noone is talking about the document mentioned. Did you read it entirely ? I think this is one of the very interesting documents some of you should read.... especially if you REALLY want to write this letter to the officials...

45 day letter

krish68 said:
Hi Guys

I am new to this forum.

My GC was filed with State is on 3/35/03 and my PD is 3/28/2003 and it went to US Dept of Labor on 3/25/2004. I got my 45 day letter from Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center on 03/04/2005.

As per the doleta my case should have gone to Dallas instead of Philadelphia
Do you guys know what could be the reason and do you guys know what is the current status in Phil.

Thanks to all.

Enjoy your week end

I am curious about the "45 day letter" What exactly this letter contains? I will really appreciate if anyone can upload a Scan Copy, PDF or Doc file of this letter. Thanks

Delicateone said:
I am curious about the "45 day letter" What exactly this letter contains? I will really appreciate if anyone can upload a Scan Copy, PDF or Doc file of this letter. Thanks

Here you go.. Standard 45 day letter (where no further information is required)

DOL Update on PERM and Backlog Processing Center

The U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) provided the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) with an update on PERM and the Backlog Reduction Centers on June 16, 2005. A summary follows.

PERM

Many of the initial filings made from March through May 2005 under the PERM labor certification system were denied within minutes of filing. This was caused by certain programmatic glitches that the DOL is working to fix. Considerable progress has been made, since cases are now being accepted into the system and approved. In an effort to address the initial case denials, the DOL is rerunning these cases through the matrix for a proper review. If the rerun shows that a case should not have been denied by the program, processing on the case will be resumed. If the program shows that the case should be denied, the denial will stand. The DOL will send notices on those cases that are denied a second time and hopes to have these notices out in early July 2005.

Backlog Reduction Centers

The DOL has asked that there be no inquiries as to whether a case has been received by the Backlog Reduction Centers unless proof is needed for a one-year incremental H1B extension. They report there are still tens of thousands of cases that need to be entered into their system. Anyone sending an eMail inquiry, without needing proof for the H1B extensions beyond six years, will likely receive an automated response that inquiries are not being accepted. Anyone asking for proof for an H1B extension filing, will receive a screenshot from the DOL of the file's data entry, showing that the file has been received. The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reportedly has indicated that they will accept these screen shots as valid proof for the incremental H1B extension filings after the conclusion of six years on H1B status. We are pleased that the DOL and USCIS have coordinated on this matter, as it had been an area of substantial difficulty for many.

Case Closures at Backlog Reduction Centers

Some people are erroneously receiving letters that their labor certification cases have been closed due to failure to respond to the 45-day letter. These closure letters have been issued both in cases where the 45-day letters were never received and in those where the letter was received and a request to continue with the case was provided promptly. If one of the erroneous closure letters is issued in a case, the DOL will accept a response asking for the case to be reopened and showing why the closure is incorrect. If the attorney who filed the case is an AILA member, the AILA National Office will also accept the same information and forward it to the DOL.

juntha said:
I am surprised noone is talking about the document mentioned. Did you read it entirely ? I think this is one of the very interesting documents some of you should read.... especially if you REALLY want to write this letter to the officials...

It is already discussed on previous page and I also updated my "contact list" in sticky thread.

HIB countdown

Hi gurus

i originally came to USA under a L1 visa and my spouse L2 in January 2001
i switched to H1b visa on September 2003 valid untill september 2006.
Its the H1 6 years countdown from january 2001 or September 2003??
your responses will be highly appreciated
thanks
werner

Your H1 countdown start from Sep 2003. However check with laywer

werner said:
Hi gurus

thanks
werner

Document contents is indeed very informative and interesting for anyone who wants to understand current situation with the backlog (I started liking Office of Inspector General the very moment Google found me that document :) ). So, if you're interested to know where numbers are coming from - review that doc at least once. Amount of anaysis and numbers provided in that document is truly significant. http://www.oig.dol.gov/public/reports/oa/2004/06-04-004-03-321.pdf

juntha said:

Last edited by a moderator:
werner said:
Hi gurus

thanks
werner

I was also on L1 during Jan 2000 - Mar 2003. later I switched to H1B. To the best of my knowledge the countdown would be from Jan 2001...
The 6 year time period is counted including all work permit/work pertmit dependent period.. i.e. H1+H4+L1+L2......

I remember having a conversation with my lawyer and mentioning to him that I was on L1 for some time....We were calculating how much time I have left before completing 6 yeras...and he did include the L1 period in that 6 year time period....USCIS also gave extesions based on that information....

Regulations can be interpreted in different ways...But not counting L1 time period would be stretch....
If it can be stretched ....please let me know...Talk to your lawyer....

Last edited by a moderator:
countdown starts 2001

msp1976 said:
I was also on L1 during Jan 2000 - Mar 2003. later I switched to H1B. To the best of my knowledge the countdown would be from Jan 2001...
The 6 year time period is counted including all work permit/work pertmit dependent period.. i.e. H1+H4+L1+L2......

If anyone comes to know of contradictory info please post that..

Thats right the countdown starts with Jan 2001 unless has been out of USA for atleast one complete year between his etnry in USA in 2001 and time his got new H1 in 2003.

One note-I have seen a friend of mine who was on L-1 for three years and then he converted to H-1B afterwards and he got a 6 year increment after L-1 stay,without having to go out for 1 year.And he got approvals from UCSIS for this second leg of three years of H-1B recently which makes me believe that L-1 stay is not counted when converting to H-1

smbarge said:
Thats right the countdown starts with Jan 2001 unless has been out of USA for atleast one complete year between his etnry in USA in 2001 and time his got new H1 in 2003.

If you have connections to bring up this issue via the CNN/Fox,it would be a bery good boost to our outstanding issue.But again- who will put the bell in Cat's neck is a million dollar question at this time...

krish68 said:
Will it be better if we bring it to the attention of CNN or Fox News

lk79 said:
Hi,
I was looking at the spreadsheet for the backlog center receipt dates provided at http://www.ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp. For North Carolina, it shows only the receipt date for the applications filed between 06/2003-12/2004.
Does anyone know if the LCAs filed in North Carolina filed prior to 06/2003 have been moved to Philly BEC?

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Kiran

I filed my LC in north Carolina also in May 04. I did received my 45 days letter in may and forwrd it to Philly BLC. Since then I haven't received any info from BLC. A Friend of mine filed is LC two years ago and he is done with LC approval and ISCS also. He filed also from NC.

BEC performance reports

It appears BEC software is capable of producing performance reports.
The Task 7 in BEC Request for Proposals mentions this, and says that BEC
must send the reports on monthly basis.

Now, if this is all automated, why can't DOL send these reports to our attorneys too?
Can you guys ask your lawers to ping DOL on that? My attorneys are unfortunately
uncooperative.

The RFP is here: http://www.doleta.gov/sga/rfp/rfp03-43.cfm

7th year H1-B visa stamping

Hi~
We are planning to visit our country this summer and our status is both 7th year in H1-B. Mine is 2001 MD Nov(RIR) and got 45 days letter and my spouse was files in Virginia last year just to get visa extension(non-RIR). (And m spouse has application acceptance letter from the Virginia commision(?) which was used as proof when we filed for the H1-B extension. and we both have H1-B approval notice which is valid until 2006 May.

Should we contact BEC again get another confirmation or the current documents that we have can be a proof. Please let me know and if we need to contact BEC again, Can you please post that E-mail address? I think I saw that somewhere here but can't find it now.

Thanks!