Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

slavelabor said:
I wish we could arrange some sort of peaceful demonstration outside the BEC office. Just to show them the future vote bank of this nation.

What is this gonna do ? Give us some support from the public opinion ? Unemployement is a hot issue right now. Having foreigner demonstrating in order to get social benefits that even some american-born barely have ? I doubt it will work.
Demonstrating (or even petitioning) isn't the right way to go.
Basically, the turth is that the LC approval mess is an attorney's heaven. They get paid to file LC for us and if they find lots of people that can agree they get paid to sue DOL.
In any case, it's out of our hands.

luckylucky said:
SO it means that Philly is not working at all for the past 4 monthes. It is exact the same situation back to 4 monthes ago: 45 days letter being mailed and 2001 case being approved. Just a big load of crap! I think Mockery makes a excellent spy and I also nominate him/she. :eek:

I can see it from here. ' BEC PHILI staff taken hostage, forced working'

haha

juntha said:
Read some previous posts !

...I know the situation is bad... but not THAT bad... It s sloooowww that s all.

not that bad?? given how long you have been waiting? and all the crap from dol, bec and now being unfortunate to be stuck at philly bec?

wow, i don't know how you do it to remain this cheerful and optimistic about the whole thing...really wish i could do it too, but must be a french thing...mais bon, comme je ne suis pas french... :)

I have been reading through the amendment to the RFP for the BEC centers ... there are tons of informations regarding the way they operate. So far the most interesting is this one:

Q. Regarding the federal staff to be co-located in each of the processing centers. Question is "what are they going to do" if the contractor is processing the applications. Also, what responsibility do we have for the federal staff, e.g., space -who pays- , etc? In addition, where will this federal staff come from?

A. As noted in the SOW, the final disposition of an application, whether certified or denied, must be made by a federal certifying officer. The certifying officer will review each application after processing by the PCC staff and submittal to the certifying officer for certification. Discussion, clarification, or rejection of the file as submitted by the PCC may be necessary; therefore it is critical that the certifying staff be on-site. The federal staff will most likely be current employees of the Dallas and Philadelphia regional offices. The contractor will provide office space, equipment and furnishings for the federal staff. These costs shall be included in the offerors business proposal.

and this one too

This might be old news or even incorrect infos but this is what was in that same document from the DOL ...

Q. What percentage of applications processed during simulation by Technology & Management Services, Inc. (TMS) were Supervised Recruitment (Basic)?

A. 58 percent of the applications processed during the simulation by TMS were Supervised Recruitment.

Q. What percentage of applications processed during simulation by TMS were Reduction in Requirement (RIR)?

A. 42 percent of the applications were RIR.

Q. Approximately, how much time did it take TMS to process a Basic application during the simulation?

A. The length of time required to process the average basic application ranged from 150 days to 200 days.

Q. Approximately, how much time did it take TMS to process a RIR application during the simulation?

A. The length of time to process the average RiR application was less than 60 days.

again this is from DOL in 2003 .... maybe too old but nevertheless interesting

Q. Approximately, what percentage of applications resulted in a Notification of findings during the simulation?

A. Approximately 22 percent of cases have required a Notice of Findings.

krish68 said:
mine was filed with California

Krish68,

Even mine went to California as we all know that 20,000 cases from California had been sent to BEC and out of which 10,000 went to Phili and 10,000 went to Dallas. Mine is almost similar to yours.

State: May 2003
Federal: Apr 2004
45 day letter: 02-23-2005

How about asking Mockery to pretend to be a UPS guy or Pizza delivery guy and sneak into Philly BEC and look into their data base. Or hide in their copying room to listen to what they are talking.

Seriously, does anyone know which software they use for workflow management?

Workflow management vendors make a lot of money on professional services and their employees would normally come to the clients every once in a while, especially while system is relatively new. Now if we know vendor's name, we could try to search for friends at that software maker (or PS company) and maybe get some decent statistics.

igor_ch said:
Seriously, does anyone know which software they use for workflow management?

Workflow management vendors make a lot of money on professional services and their employees would normally come to the clients every once in a while, especially while system is relatively new. Now if we know vendor's name, we could try to search for friends at that software maker (or PS company) and maybe get some decent statistics.

I believe and I am almost 100% sure that they use their own in-house developped software :(

just curious

will dallas wait for phily ?

so the number of people receive the LC can be equally distributed ?
otherwise , nobody will have visas later ... another big queue ?

what are your opinions ? :mad:

chinglun said:
will dallas wait for phily ?

so the number of people receive the LC can be equally distributed ?
otherwise , nobody will have visas later ... another big queue ?

what are your opinions ? :mad:
I think you guys in EB3 should compose a letter complaining about the situation of visa # to senate/congressman as long as the situation in this shithole. Then I will sign it and mail it.

I am in EB2 .. non china and india ...

by the way dallas bec processing ... EB2 may soon be in the same boat ...

:eek:

luckylucky said:
I think you guys in EB3 should compose a letter complaining about the situation of visa # to senate/congressman as long as the situation in this shithole. Then I will sign it and mail it.

7th year stamping in Chennai and marriage

Hi, I have a few questions regarding marriage during 7th year H1B extension. If you think this post is not relevent to this forum, pleeease quietly ignore the post. But your any effort to soothe me will be highly appreciated.

(1) How risky is it to go for H1/H4 stamping in Chennai during 7th year extension?
(2) Which route is beter for this case, 485 or CP?
(3) Is anybody in this dilemma?

By the way, I am still still waiting on LC. My details are:
PD:10/2003/RIR/CA RD:9/2004, starving in PBEC.

thanks
ybnyk