Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Tracking

what the hell is wrong with PEC

Correct me if I am wrong, but last approval from PEC we heard about was almost two weeks back...aprc do u have any insight ? I was hoping to get my approval by end of July/August but looks like PEC ppl are ready to crush everybody'd hope and dream ... :mad:

News Idea in CNN/60 Minutes

Hi
You can send a mail to cnnstoryideas@turner.com and CBS 60 minutes. May be the volumes of requests they get will drive a news/story idea. I have already done that and here is the email I sent.

"Since coming to USA, I have been regularly watching this news channel. I have seen various issues being tackled with hard hitting questions and fine display of investigative journalism.
However I want to bring to attention one issue that has never been looked into or addressed. This is related to legal immigration. While lot of attention has been paid towards illegal immigration, no news channel or program has investigated the pains and frustration people have to go through while trying for employment based immigration. Currently there are over 300000 backlogged cases in the DOL, some dating as far as 2000. There are people waiting for their labor applications (First stage towards attaining permanent residence) to be approved for 4 years.
Department of Labor (DOL) established Backlog Reduction centers for faster approval of labor applications last year but that seems to make the matters worse. There is no visibility into the process, it is slow and makes life tough people who are here on an H1 or other work visas.
As a legal, tax-paying and productive members of society, many careers are stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.
I would be very grateful if this issue can be brought in open through your program. This will at least help others know the plight of a section of society who came here with a dream of a great life but are now caught in a never ending cycle of waiting and uncertainty.
Thanks"

a_to_z_gc said:
If you have connections to bring up this issue via the CNN/Fox,it would be a bery good boost to our outstanding issue.But again- who will put the bell in Cat's neck is a million dollar question at this time...

Good idea...

Very good idea.... I have sent the same message (with some modifications.. :))... I have forwarded to my colleagues who are also facing similar immigration related frustations to tap their sources and bring US media attention into this..

Hope CNN gets flooded with these mails and covers it in prime time...

nilekum said:
Hi
You can send a mail to cnnstoryideas@turner.com and CBS 60 minutes. May be the volumes of requests they get will drive a news/story idea. I have already done that and here is the email I sent.

"Since coming to USA, I have been regularly watching this news channel. I have seen various issues being tackled with hard hitting questions and fine display of investigative journalism.
However I want to bring to attention one issue that has never been looked into or addressed. This is related to legal immigration. While lot of attention has been paid towards illegal immigration, no news channel or program has investigated the pains and frustration people have to go through while trying for employment based immigration. Currently there are over 300000 backlogged cases in the DOL, some dating as far as 2000. There are people waiting for their labor applications (First stage towards attaining permanent residence) to be approved for 4 years.
Department of Labor (DOL) established Backlog Reduction centers for faster approval of labor applications last year but that seems to make the matters worse. There is no visibility into the process, it is slow and makes life tough people who are here on an H1 or other work visas.
As a legal, tax-paying and productive members of society, many careers are stalled by this seemingly never ending unfair wait in the American legal immigration system and is very discouraging and possibly detrimental to the interest of the American global economy in the 21st century.
I would be very grateful if this issue can be brought in open through your program. This will at least help others know the plight of a section of society who came here with a dream of a great life but are now caught in a never ending cycle of waiting and uncertainty.
Thanks"
:) :)

Email sent to CNN

Whats the email for CBS 60 minutes? I'll forward it to them as well if someone can give me their email address.
frog

Lets launch website

Dear Friends,
Lets launch a good website, where we will show our daily frustrations, problems going on, the worst and bad things happening over here.
Please give us some good names like 'immigrationsucks.com or something like that.
We will register it and launch in a week.

thanks

I sent a mail to the CNN address too..

Donot know what would come out of it....
The immigration issue is kind of touchy and there is a possibility that extra publicity is detrimental to our cause.....
You never know how the information we give would be used by the opponents of immigration...Like somebody might call H1 as slave labor and demand abolition of
whole h1 program....So have to careful when dealing with the news people...

Especially some of the Fox news people are very anti immigration...

justdoit said:
Bringing it to the media will hopefully do good for us. So please write do them.

CBS NEWS
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml

CBS 60 minutes
60m@cbsnews.com

ABC NightLine
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/News/story?id=64544

ABC 20/20
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123566&page=1

Fox News Viewer Services
Viewerservices@foxnews.com

I have send this mail to all above addresses.. and cnnstoryideas@turner.com

Thanks"

You should be fine

I don't think you need anymore proof. You seem to already have the extension approval notices - that is the key document to get your visa stamped on your passport.

I don't think you need to consult BEC again; since you have approval. But as you've asked; I have enclosed below the info/news that appeared for getting the evidence for receipt of your application at BEC. It has the email addresses also for Philly and Dallas.

Also, can you please let me know how much time it took for you to get the H1b extension (7th yr) approved ? Thanks.

===================================================

From: http://www.immigration-law.com >> Click on "Breaking News"

06/26/2005: DFLC Notice of AC 21 H-1B Extension Proof Issuance Procedure
* DFLC has issued a notice that DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa. Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verification that their application is pending at the Center. The email addresses are h1b7yr@dal.dflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us for the Philadelphia Center. Include in this request all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien name and address, date of filing, state where filed, case number, if known). The Backlog Center will respond to the individual with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

jjcchoi said:
Hi~
We are planning to visit our country this summer and our status is both 7th year in H1-B. Mine is 2001 MD Nov(RIR) and got 45 days letter and my spouse was files in Virginia last year just to get visa extension(non-RIR). (And m spouse has application acceptance letter from the Virginia commision(?) which was used as proof when we filed for the H1-B extension. and we both have H1-B approval notice which is valid until 2006 May.

Should we contact BEC again get another confirmation or the current documents that we have can be a proof. Please let me know and if we need to contact BEC again, Can you please post that E-mail address? I think I saw that somewhere here but can't find it now.

Thanks!

Post information on Murthy Web site too

justdoit said:
Bringing it to the media will hopefully do good for us. So please write do them.

CBS NEWS
http://www.cbsnews.com/htdocs/feedback/fb_news_form.shtml

CBS 60 minutes
60m@cbsnews.com

ABC NightLine
http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/News/story?id=64544

ABC 20/20
http://abcnews.go.com/2020/story?id=123566&page=1

Fox News Viewer Services
Viewerservices@foxnews.com

It would be a good idea to post this information on the Murthy Forums too so that more people will send the E-mail..

I have sent mine..

Sent email and messages to each one of the news outlet

Didnt send an email to Fox news. I dont expect them to voice any concern regarding this issue anyways. Please do the same and spread awareness amongst the 300,000 or so ppl getting affected by DOL backlog reduction abuse. Please let me know what else I can do to help.
frog.

Nice work guys, just so that our posts and subsequently our efforts gets suppressed by irrelevant posts here, I also updated these info to sticky thread in my signature. I strongly believe we should help anybody who is in dire situation like 7th year extension or similar.

But we should discourage anybody who asks questions like how can I determine whether my labor was EB2 or EB3, whats retrogression, how can I convert to PERM or "my wife left me, now what" kind of questions.

7th Yr Extensions Menace

USCISisMockery said:
Nice work guys, just so that our posts and subsequently our efforts gets suppressed by irrelevant posts here, I also updated these info to sticky thread in my signature. I strongly believe we should help anybody who is in dire situation like 7th year extension or similar.

7th Yr extensions are another BIG problem that USCIS has to deal with now.. since labor are taking so long - longer than a Dinosaur's longest labor ever... 7th yr extensions were really exceptions before but are soon becoming a norm now

Thanks Sahil2002

I don't think you need anymore proof. You seem to already have the extension approval notices - that is the key document to get your visa stamped on your passport.

Also, can you please let me know how much time it took for you to get the H1b extension (7th yr) approved ? Thanks.

===========
It took just couple of weeks. Very fast. I did it as express process and my spouse did regular process a week earlier than mine and they came about the same time.
Good luck!

Pbec

Any one knows how many applications are pending for 2000/2001/2002? (RIR & NonRIR)

Why PBEC is taking long time to process the applications?

DBEC already reached to Nov2002. No idea what is going on PBEC??

Thanks,
jdk98

Philly BPC

Hi Guys, I don't know whether this is helpful. I had a chat with my lawyer's office about 'what in the world is happening at PBPC.' The paralegal said the following:

- PBPC suffered a computer problem in the beginning, that pulled them behind the schedule
- right now, they are "overwhelmed" with their work
- they are getting a lot of pressure from congressmen and women and a few senators from all over the US
- PBPC is aware of the problems applicants are facing and they are trying their best to solve the problems
- they have right now 85-87 people working (mainly for data entry and very few for approvals) full time
- they are in the process of hiring 15 more people
- they did finish adjudicating 1998-2000 cases (not just data entry) and currently working on 2001 cases
- they plan to finish all of 2001 cases in a couple of months (my para-legal does not believe this!)
- starting Sept. people 'may' see mass approvals, IF there is no further glitch

I don't have any further information, neither the lawyer's office have any further info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
CA PD Nov 2002
PBPC

Have emailed to CBS website...

Keep up the good work guys! If anyone knows someone working / already works in these news channel,please help us broadcast this BPC issues as well as Visa number issue.

Substitute Labor is going to be stopped

Guys, I heard that they are going to disallow substitute labor :mad: . Is it true? post more details on this.