PERM Tracker - Chicago

Please update my approval in the tracker.. it has been a hell of a ride..that too a very long one... glad it is finally over after 10 months

-----------------------------
EB2, Mechanical Engineer
Chicago Service center
Filed: 07/18/05
Audit request: 12/18/05
Audit replied: 01/05/06
Certified: 05/05/06
-------------------------------

Job description

I have MS+4, sound like I should be able to get EB2 easily, however, it took 6 months for my lawyer and manager for the job description , and the lawyer won't agree with the job description my section manager give , because it is too detailed, looks like designed for someone.So my manager now agree to change it, before he inisists puting more could help with my case etc etc.

So could someone please help to take a look at this?
They put requirement as MS+4,
and required:
4 years of experience in XXX design and implementation including AA,BBB,CCC,DDD,EEE,FFF,GGG...(total 7)

4 years of experience in XXX,YYY,ZZZ,UUU.
(total 4)
2 years of experience in database design , including database design and database adminstration(total 2)

experiecne include installshield,XXX etc.

and my title is senior web deveoper.

Anyone can give some suggestions or where can I got some sample job description for perm?
Thanks a lot!

Hi everyone,

Mine is a conversion case from the old system to Perm. I applied on 18th of September . It is EB3 and PERM is still in process. Is it normal not hearing anything about the case after 9 months?

Thanks for your input.

PERM Approved 5/18.

All

I have been an avid reader of this forum and it has been a wonderful source of information. I applied for my PERM LC on April 24th and my companys law firm advised me that they have received the certifed copy of the LC yesterday. Thne details of my case are :

Product Manager

EB2 (BS+5)

Filed At Chicago

Filed 04/24/2006

Certified 05/18/2006.

Could not have made it without the help of this forum.

Certified after once denied.

All,

Thanks to all of you in the forum for the wealth of information ... My labor finally got approved. It was denied at first coz in the additional ad requirements section for professional position, my attorney entered 4 ad options instead of three and out of those four, 2 were in the 30 day prior deadline as opposed to 1 required by the DOL. My lawyer prepared new form with 3 ads and re-aplied and my case got approved today.

PD: 4/11/06
Category: EB2 (MS+2) (MCA from India + BSc Physics - evaluated equivalent to US Masters)
First Denial: 5/10/06
Re-aplied: 5/17/06
Certified: 5/31/06

Case approved

Thanks to all for sharing the valuable exprience/info in the forum. I have been a quiet reader on this site for a while. My case just got approved. Here is the detail info:

EB2 (MS+1), Computer Programmer
Chicago Service center
Filed: 05/24/2006
Certified: 05/31/2006.

lambda said:
Please update my approval in the tracker.. it has been a hell of a ride..that too a very long one... glad it is finally over after 10 months

-----------------------------
EB2, Mechanical Engineer
Chicago Service center
Filed: 07/18/05
Audit request: 12/18/05
Audit replied: 01/05/06
Certified: 05/05/06
-------------------------------

Congratulations to you. I had to wait a long time too applied in 6/05 and certified on 12/05. I guess not as bad as you. I have however, given up on the process, going back to school FT outside the US.

Best of luck with the remaining process.

Finally certified.

Here is the journey.

1. First PERM submission: Applied 7/14/2005, Denied 2/25/2006.
2. Second PERM submission: Applied 5/19/2006, Certified 5/26/2006.

The first PERM was denied due to HR's snafu of using wrong prevailing wage document.

The second PERM submission was certified in 7 days.

Please update my case in the tracker. Be persistent, you will get your LC certified soon. Good luck to you all!

PERM files

finally my PERM was applied , please add me in the tracker.
EB3 + 3 YEAR exp
Date Filed : June 2nd
Does anybody else has a similar case, and when it got approved ?

PERM Case Approved!!

My wife's PERM case got approved yesterday.
EB2 (M.S. + 0 yr., Hardware Engineer)
Filed: May 20th, 06
Certified: June 08,06 (chicago)

cabal said:
My wife's PERM case got approved yesterday.
EB2 (M.S. + 0 yr., Hardware Engineer)
Filed: May 20th, 06
Certified: June 08,06 (chicago)

My husband is Software Developer in Valhalla, NY. You think he can go with EB2? He has MS+O exp. It is difficult to get EB2? Tomorrow we will meet with our attorney and I need from all of you some advice...

thank you...

PERM approved finally

BS + 5 Information Tech. Manager
Applied on Oct 25 2005
Received the email on 26th Oct.
Dec 6th 2005 Audit
Dec 10th 2005 sent the response to Audit
June 12th 2006 PERM approved..

The fact is my lawyer screwed up. Otherwise it would have been approved without any issues before. Nevermind at least one hrdle is crossed..
Can any one update the Excel sheet.
My full name is Sudhendra Seshachala

Thanks
Sudhi

Perm Approved :)

BS + 5 Programmer/ Analyst
Applied on May 22nd, 2006
Received the email on 23rd, 2006
June 9th 2006 PERM approved :D

I was afraid that my PERM would get rejected due to a huge difference in wage (my wage was $13K - $14K more than what was returned from SWA).

Columbus Dude

columbus_dude said:
BS + 5 Programmer/ Analyst
Applied on May 22nd, 2006
Received the email on 23rd, 2006
June 9th 2006 PERM approved :D

I was afraid that my PERM would get rejected due to a huge difference in wage (my wage was $13K - $14K more than what was returned from SWA).

Columbus Dude

Congrats! Was it Eb2?

PERM Approved

Just want to report that my PERM was approved today. Details below:

PD: 6/8/06 filed with Chicago
Hard copy received by attorney: 6/16/06
EB2, MS+10yrs
Title: Principal Materials Engineer

It looks like that the new PERM process is really streamlined as I heard several other cases were approved in two weeks at the Chicago center.

I had an EB2 RIR at DBPC with my previous employer with a PD 8/04. It looked like changing employer for PERM was a right decision.

Good luck to everyone!

PD: 6/14/06 filed with Chicago
EB2, MS+2yrs
Title: Civil Enginner
Approved on 6/22/05

It looks like that the new PERM process is really fast.
Good luck to all who are in line.

PERM status check

Can somebody please post the web site from which one can check the status of PERM application given the case number.

Thanks,
Eli

Help needed..lil frustrated

Hi Gurus,

I have been a silent spectator of this fabulous website for ages, or atleast for the past 3 years ever since I joined this LC trauma. I apologize for barging in, didn't mean to break the flow of the thread. I really need some help here. I applied for my LC in Nov 2003, received my 45 day letter in June 2005 but no word on the approval yet. I am sick of waiting in the line with a hope that someday will be my day.

I plan to jump into the PERM process and try my luck there. I know I may be close to getting it approved, but the million dollar questin still remains unanswered and that is ....WHEN will I get approved?????

Could anyone of you guys, recommend any good, real good attorneys out here in California region who can help me out in filing PERM....pls...pls let me know guys.

Thanks in advance for your anticipated timely response.