PERM Tracker - Chicago

any filers on 7/7/06.

lawyer indicated that the DOL system had some problems and hence the employer so far did not rec sponsorship email.

anybody in the same boat?

PERM approved finally.

My PERM got approved today after waiting for a looooong loooooooooong 13 months and 19 days (applied on June 7 2005 under EB-2).

Wow! My case has been pending for 4 month and I'm already furious. I can imagine what you felt.

anyway, congratulations!!!

Did you have an audit on your case?

pavanreddym said:
My PERM got approved today after waiting for a looooong loooooooooong 13 months and 19 days (applied on June 7 2005 under EB-2).

hello, i filed for labor thru perm on 22 june and now it shows state as"in process"(24 june) can you tell me what it means. What is "in process"? what is next stage? When will i get it approved.
Edit/Delete Message

hello, i filed for labor thru perm on 22 june and now it shows state as"in process"(24 june) can you tell me what it means. What is "in process"? what is next stage? When will i get it approved.
usa7400@yahoo.com

"In process" literally means that it's in process. So someone is sitting at his/her desk right now, keeping your case open and thinking that life is sucks, the salary is low and it's Friday finally!!! Nobody wants to work on Fridays, especially low-paid goverment clerks. Well, looks like they never want to work. :-( Especially on Fridays. I bet, that they spend the entire Fridays for weekend preparations. And they usually recover from weekends on Mondays.

So you have to wait until that clerks's mood is changed and he/she starts working on your case.
I hope it helps to understand when your case will be approved, right?

My personal DOL clerk has been looking at a wall in his/her cubicle for 4 months already.

Rohan99 said:
usa7400@yahoo.com

Last edited by a moderator:
MS + 5 years ..is it Eb2

i hold MS degree and 5 years of experience
Will i come under EB2
and whats is EB 3 for?
I heard that if somebody has MS degree from US, they will get green card wthin 2 years.Is that correct?
When applying for PERM do we need do give info of all employers ( even if we have more than 4 employers) , employers before MS also?

Somebody pls help me

Thank you

Case assigned to an analyst

I had my RIR application converted to PERM, which was submitted on Feb 27, 2006. My lawyer faxed a status inquiry last July 21 and the Chicago National Processing Center replied back the following day and this is what they wrote:

Your case has been assigned to an Analyst for review. It will be reviewed in the order it was received, based on the principles of FIFO. When the Analyst reaches your case in the queue, it will be reviewed and a final determination will be issued. You will receive notification of the final determination via regular mail in approximately six to ten weeks form the date of this response.

Sincerely,
Chicago National Processing Center

Now my question ... Is this the normal procedure or is this something that I have to worry about? Is this letter an automatic reply which they send to all inquiries?

Thanks for your help in advance.

You should have no problem to qualify EB2. I heard people were forced to file EB3 in similar cases due to their wages were lower than the prevailing wages.

How fast will you get the green card depends on a number of things: where you were born, which EB category you will be filing, and conditions of your employment, how much help you will have from your HR and lawyer, and a little bit luck.

umashankarnk said:
i hold MS degree and 5 years of experience
Will i come under EB2
and whats is EB 3 for?
I heard that if somebody has MS degree from US, they will get green card wthin 2 years.Is that correct?
When applying for PERM do we need do give info of all employers ( even if we have more than 4 employers) , employers before MS also?

Somebody pls help me

Thank you

EB3 to EB2 conversion

EB3 to EB2 conversion
NY/RIR
PD: Jan 2003
Labor Approved: July 2006

I went to file my I140 after I rcvd the labor confirmation. Then I came to know from my lawyer that mine is an EB3 and not EB2. In Jan 2003 when I went to meet my lawyer he had agreed that my case could be considered as EB2 since I have a Bachelors degree with 9 yrs of exp. But later when the lawyer discussed with my employer they said that for the required position they only need a Bachelor degree holder with 3 years of exp. and so went the ad in the paper. So then I fell in to EB3 of which I was not aware until yesterday. I would not have bothered a bit if not for the priority dates. PD for EB3 is April 01.

In the last 3 years I have got promoted and is holding a higher position. Will this factor help in the conversion?

Does anyone think it is a good idea to convert form EB3 to EB2? Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks.

My understanding is that your experience with your current employer (sponsor) should not count. Since you had 9 years before, you may be still able to file EB2 LC under a new set of requirements.

Greencarddream said:
EB3 to EB2 conversion
NY/RIR
PD: Jan 2003
Labor Approved: July 2006

I went to file my I140 after I rcvd the labor confirmation. Then I came to know from my lawyer that mine is an EB3 and not EB2. In Jan 2003 when I went to meet my lawyer he had agreed that my case could be considered as EB2 since I have a Bachelors degree with 9 yrs of exp. But later when the lawyer discussed with my employer they said that for the required position they only need a Bachelor degree holder with 3 years of exp. and so went the ad in the paper. So then I fell in to EB3 of which I was not aware until yesterday. I would not have bothered a bit if not for the priority dates. PD for EB3 is April 01.

In the last 3 years I have got promoted and is holding a higher position. Will this factor help in the conversion?

Does anyone think it is a good idea to convert form EB3 to EB2? Please give me some suggestions.

Thanks.

Assigned to Analyst Review Email

Did anybody get a response to this kind of email where they say:

Your case has been assigned to an Analyst for review. It will be reviewed in the order it was received, based on the principles of FIFO. When the Analyst reaches your case in the queue, it will be reviewed and a final determination will be issued. You will receive notification of the final determination via regular mail in approximately six to ten weeks form the date of this response.

This is the standard response from Chicago. A few ppl on this forum sent email inquries and got this response.

wolf_7777 said:
Did anybody get a response to this kind of email where they say:

Last edited by a moderator:
EB-2 certified.
Filed 4/4/06, hard copy received by lawyer's office 08/14/06.
Sr. Systems Developer, MS+3

please help!!!

I wanted to apply for PERM under EB2, BS+5 yrs experience under Project Manager. I discussed with my lawyer, but she told me , I have to do evaluation first, then recruitment and finally end up in the last week of October/first week of november. Please help me, where to find the job codes and description in the DOL website.
Please help me, if I can go with the process for this job code? I really wanted to be careful this time, since these lawyeres screw up :confused: .
I am in California. So, to which processing center, I have to file?

thanks in advance,
pmp2005