PERM Tracker - Chicago

good attorney

Is_GC_a_mirage? said:
Not a single response, come on guys. I know you can help me out here, pls do.

Carl Shusterman www.shusterman.com
One of the best immigration attorneys in the US
His office is in Los Angeles
His services are not cheap though

Thanks guys for the leads on the attorneys. Like tnd mentioned, shusterman does not come cheap. The cost to get to talk to him for 30 minutes in 400 dollars, outregeous.

Tetyana: please let me know if you have been using Teresa services and what your experience is regarding filing PERM and her charges as well. I will be calling her to see if I can get some consultation time over the phone.

Thanks again

Is_GC_a_mirage? said:
Thanks guys for the leads on the attorneys. Like tnd mentioned, shusterman does not come cheap. The cost to get to talk to him for 30 minutes in 400 dollars, outregeous.

Tetyana: please let me know if you have been using Teresa services and what your experience is regarding filing PERM and her charges as well. I will be calling her to see if I can get some consultation time over the phone.

Thanks again

I know Teresa since 2000 when she did my first H1B with my previous employer and later my husband's H1B with the same employer. I was suprised how fast she worked. I got my approval in less than 2 months. Later I could compare it to how my current company's attorney spent several months only collecting all paperwork for H1B transfer.

Unfortunately my company uses attorney services of Fragomen and I am very disappointed with their personnel who are extremely non-responsive and extremely slow. They almost screwed up my recent H1B extension so I requested from my company that I use the attorney of my choice (Teresa of course).

I don't use Teresa's services for my PERM and regret very much about it. Since my company already invested in my EB3 LC and I-140, my employer was very reluctant to spend even more on PERM EB2. So we came to an agreement that I will find an inexpensive attorney to take care of my PERM. I found a really inexpensive one at usavisanow.com and started my PERM process with them. My decision was based not only on the price of their services but also on my co-worker experience with his previous employer who used usavisanow for all immigration matters. Well, now I've learnt that you get what you pay for. Apparently they were so busy with other applications that I couldn't get them started working on my case until 10 days after I emailed all supporing documentation. So now it's still in the advertisment stage.

To make this story short I just say that from my experience with several attorneys, Teresa is by far the best - super fast, super responsive and really takes care in your case. She charges about average (I think it's $5000, but better ask her). She answered all my questions related to PERM when I came to her for my recent h1 extension and I didn't have to pay for a consultation.

Hi Tetyana,

Thanks a million for your time and honest confession. You response cleared and answered all the questions I had in my mind. If you look at my previous posting you will get an idea of how frustrated I am with regards to this broken system and the pace with which things are going. I made up my mind so spend another 5k if it takes me somewhere bcos I know this traditional RIR will not do me any good.

I will try putting a call today to her office and if lucky I will ask her my questions and take her suggestions as well. My concern is that I am so close to getting it approved (atleast I think that way as I have been waiting for long 3 years) is it wise to do another time and money investment, I dont' know?...wat are your thoughts on it as I see we are in the same boat. Will it affect the application already in process?

Regards,

Is_GC_a_mirage? said:
...wat are your thoughts on it as I see we are in the same boat. Will it affect the application already in process?

Regards,
Hi Is_GC_a_mirage,

My situation is different from yours, so I can't give you an advice. My RIR EB3 labor and I-140 are approved with PD 10/2002 and I am going for PERM EB2 only because of retrogression and inability to file I-485. Besides I do not have to pay all money out of my own pocket, my company will reimburse me all the expenses. Anyway, Teresa is a very honest person and will explain to you all pros and cons of filing PERM in your particular situation.

Tetyana said:
Hi Is_GC_a_mirage,

My situation is different from yours, so I can't give you an advice. My RIR EB3 labor and I-140 are approved with PD 10/2002 and I am going for PERM EB2 only because of retrogression and inability to file I-485. Besides I do not have to pay all money out of my own pocket, my company will reimburse me all the expenses. Anyway, Teresa is a very honest person and will explain to you all pros and cons of filing PERM in your particular situation.
Hi Tetyana,

Oh I see. You are in a much better shape than I am, good for you, congrats. But do you think going EB2 will allow you to file I-485, I think thats has a backlog too...good luck though.
I just called Teresa and she was so rude to me, I know its unbelievable. she didn't let me tell her my situation. All I get to say was I got her number from one of my friend and I am here seeking your expert advice on my situation. I told her I am on 7th yr extension and waiting on LC approval for past 3 yrs and I would like to cut the long chase by applying EB2 in PERM through a future employer. She bluntly refused to hear me and said she has no experience in dealing with situation like mine and hung up...I was like...shocked with her behaviour.
Anyway, I thought I should let you know about Teresa. I will keep looking for good attorney or probably end up doing on my own, i know its not that tough to get it out, its just time investment. I am very disappointed with ppl who have no time to hear our woes.

Good luck to you in your GC chase!!

Is_GC_a_mirage? said:
Hi Tetyana,

Oh I see. You are in a much better shape than I am, good for you, congrats. But do you think going EB2 will allow you to file I-485, I think thats has a backlog too...good luck though.
I just called Teresa and she was so rude to me, I know its unbelievable. she didn't let me tell her my situation. All I get to say was I got her number from one of my friend and I am here seeking your expert advice on my situation. I told her I am on 7th yr extension and waiting on LC approval for past 3 yrs and I would like to cut the long chase by applying EB2 in PERM through a future employer. She bluntly refused to hear me and said she has no experience in dealing with situation like mine and hung up...I was like...shocked with her behaviour.
Anyway, I thought I should let you know about Teresa. I will keep looking for good attorney or probably end up doing on my own, i know its not that tough to get it out, its just time investment. I am very disappointed with ppl who have no time to hear our woes.

Good luck to you in your GC chase!!

Jeez...Sorry to hear that, my friend.

Is_GC_a_mirage? said:
Hi Tetyana,

I am from "other world" which is current in EB2. My goal right now is to get EAD for my spouse. Getting GC is not that important, but very desirable.
I am sorry to hear that, but let me give you one more reference that I found somewhere in this forum:

Bonilla Laurie
800 West El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040
(650) 903-2232

Someone recommended this attorney saying that she is very different from others and really takes care in your case. I don't have any experience with her however.

If you decide to do PERM on your own, then you can buy a kit on usavisanow. It shows you all steps, including also filing I-140 and I-485, with examples of all forms. Unfortunatelly the examples in the kit are for EB3 case, but still very useful. I was thinking of doing PERM on my own first, but then decided to use usavisanow service since my company will reimburse me the cost anyway. Filing PERM is not a rocket science and there are people who did PERM without attorneys.

Last edited by a moderator:
PERM Approved

Filed my PERM application on 14th June
Received the confirmation on 30th June.
Masters + 0, EB-2
Materials Research & Development Engineer

Good Luck to all of those who have filed and are planing to file....
Hang in there!!

Sandeep

PERM certified

Filed on June 21
Approved on July 5
Masters + 1, EB2
Senior Software Developer

See you in I-140 forum
Eli

PERM certified

Filed on June 27
Approved on July 7
Masters + 0, EB2
Good luck to everyone

No sponsorship e-mail

Perm was filed last Wednesday, July 5.
No sponsorship e-mail yet :(
Is sponsorship e-mail always get generated right away?
Is it something to worry about or should I just wait patiently?

Please, share your experience

tnd said:
Perm was filed last Wednesday, July 5.
No sponsorship e-mail yet :(
Is sponsorship e-mail always get generated right away?
Is it something to worry about or should I just wait patiently?

Please, share your experience

Usually it takes a day or two for the email to come through and it has to be replied within seven days. I would recommend to have your lawyer to check what is happening in your case.

Good luck.

Everything in Chicago so fast?

In the past, there were some people who had to wait 180 days+.

All the postings for the last 3-4 months here though were processed within 2-4 weeks. Therefore my question, are ther epeople who have filed in the last 3-4 months who have been waiting significantly longer than the seemingly universal 2-4 week processing time?

Thanks.

Yep. Filed on April 4 and still waiting...
eb2kid said:
In the past, there were some people who had to wait 180 days+.

All the postings for the last 3-4 months here though were processed within 2-4 weeks. Therefore my question, are ther epeople who have filed in the last 3-4 months who have been waiting significantly longer than the seemingly universal 2-4 week processing time?

Thanks.