PERM Tracker - Chicago

creative10 said:
MIne was filed on 09/20. EB2: MS+2 yrs: IT Manager, CA.
Chicago center.
Got the sponsorship email immediately. But case shows still "In Process"

Mine was filed on 08/19 for EB2, MS+3 (or Bachelors + 5 ), IT Manager , CA
it still shows "In Progress"

finally approved

I just got email from the immigration law firm that my case got certified.

My case is almost 60 days from filing.

Good luck to all of you. This forum and this thread have become a great resource for me.

I filed at end of Sept. Got an audit 2 days before Thanksgiving!!!(at least they WERE working on the thing)
Lawyer was on vacation so lost almost 3 weeks to reply. Waiting since 12/13 - still 'in process'.
It looks like there's a 'hole' with the Sep cases....

rayyan said:
What happened to F***ing SEP filings?. I see no approvals for the people filed in SEP :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
gc_2006: Are you aware of what the audit is about? Is it a random audit or something specific?

gc_2006 said:
I filed at end of Sept. Got an audit 2 days before Thanksgiving!!!(at least they WERE working on the thing)
Lawyer was on vacation so lost almost 3 weeks to reply. Waiting since 12/13 - still 'in process'.

Not sure if it was random. They asked for complete recruitment report and business necessity letter. We required MS+3 (I have way more than that) for a Sr. Mech. Engineer position. Funny thing is the lawyer had the business nec letter pretty much prepared and we just reviewed and ok'd.

segio_01 said:
gc_2006: Are you aware of what the audit is about? Is it a random audit or something specific?

It is not random since they asked for business necessity letter. Hope you gey approved soon. Do you happen to know what caused the business necessity? Answer No to question H12 (position requirements are not normal)? It looks like MS+3 IS normal for a Sr. Mech. Engineer.

gc_2006 said:
Not sure if it was random. They asked for complete recruitment report and business necessity letter. We required MS+3 (I have way more than that) for a Sr. Mech. Engineer position. Funny thing is the lawyer had the business nec letter pretty much prepared and we just reviewed and ok'd.

gc_2006 said:

I think there is a hole in the entire process from LC to GC. All kinds of holes....
and it is intresting that the "hole" process is processed by "*S holes"

Last edited by a moderator:
approvals on the way ?

rayyan said:
What happened to F***ing SEP filings?. I see no approvals for the people filed in SEP :confused:

Mine got approved last week - Filed 9/30 - EB3 - BS +3

Hi there,
as a matter of fact we did answer 'yes' to the H12 question. I agree that the whole process is messed up. The problem stems from the ONET database that sets ridiculously low requirements for these positions that not many employers would accept for hiring. No wonder US needs to hire foreign brain power bec they themselves cannot even figure out what they need (unlike business driven employers).

We advertised with MS+3 but indicated on the PERM form that alternative experience/education would be acceptable.

segio_01 said:
It is not random since they asked for business necessity letter. Hope you gey approved soon. Do you happen to know what caused the business necessity? Answer No to question H12 (position requirements are not normal)? It looks like MS+3 IS normal for a Sr. Mech. Engineer.

I'm still here wondering what happened to F***ing JUL filings... Over 150 days and nothing. I guess they're waiting for EB2 worldwide retro before they start approving these EB2 cases.

:mad:

rayyan said:

Finally certified!

It looks like an audit can be a good thing....

Online shows 'certified' today - 12/22/05.
Filed: Chicago EB2 - MS+3 - 9/29/05
Audit: 11/22/05
Replied: 12/13/05
Certified: 12/22/05

For details see my signature.

Congrats gc_2006. Finally the sept cases are moving.

gc_2006 said:

gc_2006 said:

Congrats GC_2006 :D :D :D , we are gonna miss you.
I wish you stayed with us for some more time ;) ;) .Just kidding see :D :D you on the I140 forum

Wondering who si going to update the spreadsheet now :confused: :confused: .

tracker update

Hi guys,

thanks so much. The tracker file gave me hope and to get an idea that things are moving and sort of stabilizing (which is FAR from working correctly). I am glad I got certified within less than 90 days (as I said lawyer was on vacation and we lost valuable time). It was disheartening to see many who applied later get certified much quicker - particularly since I am in 6th year H-1B and would appreciate having EAD soon.

Fortunately we are filing as EB2 worldwide, so I am waiting for the LC hardcopy to file I-140/I-485 and the rest all next week hopefully (thank goodness to EB2 retro yet).

I am hoping all of you will get certified soon as well.

September Applications

I see some people still not certified from September, especially 2nd half of the month. My wife also applied Sept. 19th and her application shows in process for the last 2.5 months. Did those of you who applied in Sept. and did not get certified had a correspondence with DOL or your attorney as what happened to your cases? Thanks in advance!!!

rajht
I have updated your info on the spreadsheet. Please mention though the position it has been applied under and the qualifications. Helps with the tracking better.
Thanks.
Spreasheet is attached