Pending 2001/2002 I-485 applicants, Raise Hands ?

u tell me

i guess building a sizable group, as step 1.

Step 2, i dunnow. Depends on what we want. Open to ideas, just not yet.
Let's be a bigger, well-knit group first. Give it another 4-5 days.

Count me too

I-485 ND 22nd Sep 2002
1st FP 30th Oct 2002
2nd FP 3rd Dec 2004
RFE received last week about EVL & Medicals.

Made it 45

Kcr..welcome.

Its 45, counting still..

Come on folks, we can do better, can u plzz respond ? I-485 ND/RD of
2001/2002 and yet pending ?

we need to find legal representive

Maybe, from Rajiv S. Khanna's office. Who has experience on this issue. Who can guide us to right direction.

Its 45..is that it ?

Its counting 45.

Shall we take this forward ? Any interest on the part of anybody ?

Hi, Gus, VSC is processing Oct 22, 2003 files, We still sit at here raising hands, what can we do?!!!!

Are we ready for it ?

If 50-100 of us initiate a law-suit for this specific purpose, we can get
USCIS to look at these delayed cases.

I , for one, have been burnt before, even floating the idea.

You say you want to do more than raising hands. But when it comes
to be that bold, tell me, can we get 50-100 such affected people do this ?

Forget

Sumanta said:
If 50-100 of us initiate a law-suit for this specific purpose, we can get
USCIS to look at these delayed cases.

I , for one, have been burnt before, even floating the idea.

You say you want to do more than raising hands. But when it comes
to be that bold, tell me, can we get 50-100 such affected people do this ?

Sumantha you may be day dreaming. I suspect many people will join you. On todays date people have become very very professional. And professionalism demands you align with the general people thought. So here the thought is agree with the governmental office or be ready for their wrath.
Again above statement is just the observation and not my way of living life.

There was some idea that someone was going to meet personally with the director of VSC operations or someone to that effect !!!
Not sure bout this...maybe seeing things ... But was this the case ????

Also did anyone consider filing mandamus suit..... Could make it into a class action one !!!

Just my 2 cents !!!!! Am sure some ones gonna fret and fume over my views !!!

If very few or none are willing, let's stop counting.

If a big chunk ( 50-100 ) is not willing to take this problem head-on,
let's stop this counting process; its a dead effort even before we start.

Sumanta,
I totally understand your frustration but please understand that people who are waiting for approvals have wide different issues regarding there cases and not all are the same, so in reality, you will definately have a smaller number who are having exactly same issue like your case.

So if everybody who are counting here are asked to file a suit then we will have three to four different suits and as always they will not be really heard by anybody.

For example: I am having issue of Name Check Pending and I have told by my congressman and USCIS that other than that everything is ready to go and since this is a security matter, USCIS has to wait for the results from FBI. So now, Do you really think that my case can be used to sue against USCIS ?

I am not discouraging you here, all I am saying is that people have different issues attached to there life's with this GC process and I think everybody is well knowledgable here in the forum and you should now start a separate thread and mention clearly what's your case and what you are intend to do and ask only those members to respond to your thread with same problem provided if they are willing to join to fight against USCIS. Just a suggestion and please don't take it as a negative message.

Sumanta said:
If a big chunk ( 50-100 ) is not willing to take this problem head-on,
let's stop this counting process; its a dead effort even before we start.

You can count me in!

Have any one of you heard about Biometrics or went to a Biometrics? Myself and my wife have an appointment on Feb 18th. My Son's GC just got approved (see my signature). I gave my 2nd FP only during Sep 04.

Your clarification on Biometric will really help me!

Thanks.

Letter campaign

I think we should start a letter campaign signed by all affected persons and address the letter to VSC, FBI and congressional leaders in washington, and to the press as well. Sumanta is right, if we don't tackle the problem head on, this may drag on indefinitely.

Not sure if this really going to help...THis has already been done in the past I believe with no positive outcome whatsoever ....

GCNYFEB04 said:
I think we should start a letter campaign signed by all affected persons and address the letter to VSC, FBI and congressional leaders in washington, and to the press as well. Sumanta is right, if we don't tackle the problem head on, this may drag on indefinitely.

orangetreats said:
Not sure if this really going to help...THis has already been done in the past I believe with no positive outcome whatsoever ....

No harm trying. I read a nice saying somewhere...

You should always ask, because if you don't, the answer is alway "NO"

How many may be ready for a law suit ?

I don't agree with this letter writing thing. It will really go nowhere.
I, however, don't think ( and I / we have gone discussing this before )
that we will get enough people ready for a lawsuit.

But even if we could get around 100 2001 & 2002 I-485 applicants, a
law suit could be a viable option.