Pending 2001/2002 I-485 applicants, Raise Hands ?

aki31 said:
Finally its your day ..

Can you please let us know how you found out that the name check was done by going to local INS.

RD Mar 26 2002

I went there with my I-485. no appointment. The officer was professional. She checked the status of mine and my wife. Told me the name check was done on 2/11/05. She called VSC and told us to wait for 30-90 days as someone is working on it. I went there on 2/18/05 and my case was approved on 2/23/05.

I will be around a bit to answer questions as a way to give back to this wonderful community. Thank you all. May God bless all of you.

I have the same case as yours@Nov-02

nov02-485 said:
My EB2 I-485 RD is Nov 2002 and my application is delayed due to security check. I participated in the free conference call with Rajiv today and asked him what can be done. He unfortunately did not have very encouraging news for people in this boat. He said that courts will not intervene in this situation due to sensitive nature of this case. Additionally, he said it is very hard to expedite and/or bypass these checks which in many cases are several layers deep.

He said that if FBI claims that it did not receive a request from USCIS then we can file a lawsuit against FBI, CIS, etc. He also said that he has filed 3 such lawsuits this year but did not comment on the effectiveness. Other than filing lawsuit he said there are no other options (he joked about praying).

Bottomline he said that we need to stick it out or file a lawsuit. He asked me to setup a conference call with him including other people who are in similar boat and raised hands on this thread. We can discuss with him pros and cons about this route. I can setup a call with him in about a weeks time.

Hi,
My case is also stuck-up with the security check business. I am taking the help of my local congress-man office regarding the same and their office was quite helpful ( in atleast getting the status of the case). The last response I got said something like "my security check requires enquiries with various federal agencies and not just FBI and thus the delay in case". They had earlier sent the copy of the fax I got from FBI stating that USCIS never sent name-check request to them.

Could you send me more details of how you are pursuing this with Rajeev, as I might be interested also.

Thank you,
Rhino.

Have not initiated a conversation with Rajeev yet...

rhinohere said:
Hi,
My case is also stuck-up with the security check business. I am taking the help of my local congress-man office regarding the same and their office was quite helpful ( in atleast getting the status of the case). The last response I got said something like "my security check requires enquiries with various federal agencies and not just FBI and thus the delay in case". They had earlier sent the copy of the fax I got from FBI stating that USCIS never sent name-check request to them.

Could you send me more details of how you are pursuing this with Rajeev, as I might be interested also.

Thank you,
Rhino.

I have not initiated conversation with Rajeev yet. I was waiting to see if there was a small group of people who would like to organize a conference call with him to understand the available options. I have seperate lawyers, but will be willing to participate in any organized effort by people in similar boat.

Bx8

Which INS office did you go...?

I went to Newark, NJ...TWO times withing 1 yr....with NO appointment....got same answer (60-90 days...)

So far NO news at all

eddie1560

About letters....

I received those letters TWO times about AR11 - even though I never changed my address...never....
I know the reason - and that is - each time you contact INS @ 800 - they ask your name address and all - & they have to put it in the system - if your address is diff. then in the system (even like apt # F-16 or 16F) then system will read as a diff. address - it is not you only who got this letter...there are so many people in the forum have them...

anyway ...good luck to you all

thx

485 pending since 2002

Mine and my spouses 485 has been pending since nov 2002, now its getting to the point of frustration, after seeing so many people get approved, who applied after us. I read a lot of posts on expedite request, I am also planning to send a request for both of us. Can anyone plz send a format, or some kind of link regarding expedite request.
Thanks a ton.

ppm_gc said:
Mine and my spouses 485 has been pending since nov 2002, now its getting to the point of frustration, after seeing so many people get approved, who applied after us. I read a lot of posts on expedite request, I am also planning to send a request for both of us. Can anyone plz send a format, or some kind of link regarding expedite request.
Thanks a ton.

Here you go.

Some one else added to this site.

Waiting since 12/01

RD - 12/18/01
ND - 01/03/02
FP1- 02/08/02
FP2- 05/27/03
3 Congressional Inquiries - All responded saying that I will hear something in 60 days
1 Expedite Request - They responded saying that my case doesnot satisfy the criteria for expedition. Case being processed normally.
FBI - Responded that name check completed in 01/03 and sent to USCIS.
EAD & AP - Waiting on nth renewal.

I donot have a clue what should be done next. Have given up hope of GC.

Thanks

Can you try the following ?

Write a letter addressed to USCIS Ombudman, Prakash Khatri.

Don't make it long; be brief, just blast them ( using the right language
though, I dont mean expletives ) about the process, highlight the
unfairness.

Not claiming you will get a result; but what's the harm trying ?

Also, did you try calling Vermont directly ?

Ajay, try a 2nd expedite req

Ajay,
The expedite response must have told you to wait for 30 days.

Wait 30 days and send a 2nd expedite request; attach photocopy of
their 1st expedite response.

Highlight how nonsense the very term "normal processing" is, when
you have waited x months. Tell them you waited 30 days, nothing
happened.

Also, if you can, try mentioning that if the Expedite Req is denied, you
may not have an option other than falling back on issuing them
a Mandamus Of Action. Its a veiled threat but maybe worth it.

Sumanta said:
Ajay,
The expedite response must have told you to wait for 30 days.

Wait 30 days and send a 2nd expedite request; attach photocopy of
their 1st expedite response.

Highlight how nonsense the very term "normal processing" is, when
you have waited x months. Tell them you waited 30 days, nothing
happened.

Also, if you can, try mentioning that if the Expedite Req is denied, you
may not have an option other than falling back on issuing them
a Mandamus Of Action. Its a veiled threat but maybe worth it.

Hi Sumanta

I spoke to the officer at VSC and she told me that my last check is not completed yet soon they complete that one then they will approve my case.

They spent ton of time on my Name Check and now who knows how much time IBIS chekc will take.

I asked her why my AP is not getting approve she told me that some how they link my AP with I-485( don't know what that mean).

Should I just wait?

Anyway Good luck to you for the rest.

I wish this week a good week for all unlucky 2001 and 2002 filers. Let us pray hard this week.

RD 12/2002
AD ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I think it is awating game now. I try to engage in prayers instead of constantly worrying about delay in approval of I-485. Our worrying is not going to change the things.

Anybody else has any ideas how to cope with situation?

I-140/I-485 ND 11-02
i-140-I-485 Pending