PBEC - State of MA - EB3 NON-RIR case tracking

alsowaiting4LC said:
I see my job has been posted - My priority date is Sep 12th 2003
MA, EB3 - NON-RIR
PD: 9/123/2003
Case Source: State (never made to Region)
ETA# P-05172-76***

While comparing your application with my application, interesting observation is that everything is similar in our cases except I have almost 2 months earlier priority date. Then this is a proof that PBEC does not work in FIFO.. In your case job is advertised and in my case still job has not been advertised. Ofcourse here I assume jobsearch.org database up to date and I also assume that PBEC throw all advertisements on jobsearch.org.

bharatpremi said:
While comparing your application with my application, interesting observation is that everything is similar in our cases except I have almost 2 months earlier priority date. Then this is a proof that PBEC does not work in FIFO.. In your case job is advertised and in my case still job has not been advertised. Ofcourse here I assume jobsearch.org database up to date and I also assume that PBEC throw all advertisements on jobsearch.org.
That there is no FIFO is a long established fact, we just have to accept it. The problem is, this makes it all very unpredictable. I am waiting for BECs to announce that they will allow employers to give an advance noification for RIR; only then I'll be comfortable with going ahead with RIR. There's no point in waiting for TR to come through; but there's also no pont in going ahead with RIR efforts only to get it negated by recruitment instructions from PBEC. By the way, my PD is August 23, 2003...which is also before the gentleman/lady with the PD of 9/12/03 who reported seeing his/her job posted on AJB.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
That there is no FIFO is a long established fact, we just have to accept it. The problem is, this makes it all very unpredictable. I am waiting for BECs to announce that they will allow employers to give an advance noification for RIR; only then I'll be comfortable with going ahead with RIR. There's no point in waiting for TR to come through; but there's also no pont in going ahead with RIR efforts only to get it negated by recruitment instructions from PBEC. By the way, my PD is August 23, 2003...which is also before the gentleman/lady with the PD of 9/12/03 who reported seeing his/her job posted on AJB.

My PD is Jun-26-2003. Mine is also not posted on the AJB yet.

getmoving said:
Mine is posted on 12/12.
Thanks, could you please keep us posted as you see further developments; such as when your lawyer/employer receives recruitment instructions, etc.? Your updates will be much appreciated!

Gurus,

Job position refering to my application has been posted to AJB. My RIR conversion efforts now will go in vain.

Does anybody have an idea, how long does it take to reach to the conclusion for an application once it is posted on AJB?

- Bharat Premi
EB3-Regular-State:MA- Never Reached to Regional-PD:07/2*/2003-45
Days Received-04/12/2006- POSTED on AJB: 12/1*/2006

When did you find out?

How did you search for your JOB? It takes not more than 3 months. See Non RIR forum. Someone received his RI in September, got certified in December.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1573138&postcount=1780

I don't think your RIR conversion will take less than that. Good Luck.

bharatpremi said:
Gurus,

Job position refering to my application has been posted to AJB. My RIR conversion efforts now will go in vain.

Does anybody have an idea, how long does it take to reach to the conclusion for an application once it is posted on AJB?

- Bharat Premi
EB3-Regular-State:MA- Never Reached to Regional-PD:07/2*/2003-45
Days Received-04/12/2006- POSTED on AJB: 12/1*/2006

Last edited by a moderator:
nohope_for_lc said:
How did you search for your JOB? It takes not more than 3 months. See Non RIR forum. Someone received his RI in September, got certified in December.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showpost.php?p=1573138&postcount=1780

I don't think your RIR conversion will take less than that. Good Luck.

As usually putting search string P-05171-72, I could see my job.
I think you have misunderstood. We were preparing for RIR conversion. Advertisement and everything was done but yet we have not sent our RIR conversion request to PBEC and meanwhile my job is declared on AJB as Regular job. So I believe we will send our RIR conversion now, I am trying to get hold of my lawyer. Let's see what he is coming up with. So can I safely assume this 3 month window is applicable for non RIR jobs which AJB advertised?

- BharatPremi

bharatpremi said:
I think you have misunderstood. We were preparing for RIR conversion. Advertisement and everything was done but yet we have not sent our RIR conversion request to PBEC and meanwhile my job is declared on AJB as Regular job. So I believe we will send our RIR conversion now, I am trying to get hold of my lawyer. Let's see what he is coming up with. So can I safely assume this 3 month window is applicable for non RIR jobs which AJB advertised?

- BharatPremi
Since you've already done the RIR efforts, you should send the conversion request to PBEC and see what happens. The fact that your job got posted on AJB means they have started process of supervised recruitment on you case, but since you've actually not got the RI yet, it could very well mean they might accept your conversion request and put your case in the RIR bundle. If not, you will have to go through supervised recruitment again. In any case, I think you are not more than 3-4 months away from getting your PBEC labor cleared. (You can then quickly get 140 approved on this labor, and request amendment for your earlier PERM-based 140 to take on the PD of this new 140). Good luck!

I am not sure if you can safely assume.

I haven't received mine yet. I got this time frame from the forum. Your lawyer didn't receive RI yet right? I think if you can send your conversion request before you receive RI, you should be all set. See RIR conversion FAQ.Your mail time stamp should be before the date you receive RI, I believe. Not sure though.

bharatpremi said:

- BharatPremi

nohope_for_lc said:
I haven't received mine yet. I got this time frame from the forum. Your lawyer didn't receive RI yet right? I think if you can send your conversion request before you receive RI, you should be all set. See RIR conversion FAQ.Your mail time stamp should be before the date you receive RI, I believe. Not sure though.

I think, lawyer might not have received RI yet.. They do not report every damn act.. ANd today is Friday and it is hard to get hold of anybody. Monday I will be behind my lawyer. Let's see. And Thanks for the information.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Since you've already done the RIR efforts, you should send the conversion request to PBEC and see what happens. The fact that your job got posted on AJB means they have started process of supervised recruitment on you case, but since you've actually not got the RI yet, it could very well mean they might accept your conversion request and put your case in the RIR bundle. If not, you will have to go through supervised recruitment again. In any case, I think you are not more than 3-4 months away from getting your PBEC labor cleared. (You can then quickly get 140 approved on this labor, and request amendment for your earlier PERM-based 140 to take on the PD of this new 140). Good luck!

Hi ma_nonrir_eb3,

Thanks for your detailed and convincing reply. I will be behind my lawyer on Monday and let's see what happens.

- Bharat Premi

bharatpremi said:
Hi ma_nonrir_eb3,

Thanks for your detailed and convincing reply. I will be behind my lawyer on Monday and let's see what happens.

- Bharat Premi
You are welcome! Please keep us posted of the developments.

Job Posted and received RI

My job got posted on AJB and received RI.

Details:
AJB posting: Dec 2nd Week
RI received by lawyer: 2 days later (after reminding him that my job was already posted)

Instructions:
1. Post job in company premised for 10 consequtive days
2. Post job in print media of prominence in Boston for 3 consequtive days including a sunday.
3. Refer all resumes to PBEC
4. Provide a copy of the RI to collective barganining agents (union) in the area of work in the company (ignoring as mine does not have one).
5. Quiet period for resumes 30 days
6. After 30 days PBEC will forward all resumes to lawer/employer on record within 14 days
7. Employer take actions (or not) on resumes forwarded
8. Laywer files Recruitment report anytime after that.
9. Wait for adjucation

I Stopped my RIR conversion and saved $1K. ma_nonrir_eb3, nohope_for_lc: you are a month behind me in PD so look out for AJB post and prod your lawyer for RI. Good luck to alll. I will keep you posted.

PBECVictimBOS
July 2003/P-05172

PBECVictimBOS said:

Details:
RI received by lawyer: 2 days later (after reminding him that my job was already posted)

Instructions:
2. Post job in print media of prominence in Boston for 3 consequtive days including a sunday.
4. Provide a copy of the RI to collective barganining agents (union) in the area of work in the company (ignoring as mine does not have one).
6. After 30 days PBEC will forward all resumes to lawer/employer on record within 14 days
9. Wait for adjucation

I Stopped my RIR conversion and saved $1K. ma_nonrir_eb3, nohope_for_lc: you are a month behind me in PD so look out for AJB post and prod your lawyer for RI. Good luck to alll. I will keep you posted.

PBECVictimBOS
July 2003/P-05172

Congrats to you for application moving ahead and saving of your money. Good Luck for the best and quick outcome of this.

PBECVictimBOS said:

Details:

Instructions:
9. Wait for adjucation

PBECVictimBOS
July 2003/P-05172
Thanks for the updates, PBECVictimBOS. I am continuing to look out on AJB, although I strongly believe the handling is not necessarily in order of the PD. It's either random, or in order of the ETA number. Somehow my file ended up being entered very late (I have a ETA number starting with 05271). I never received any 45-day letter either. My case was closed, and was reopened when someone from John Kerry's office intervened on my behalf. So, I am watching my case closely.

Anyway, keep us posted on the developments in this forum, and good luck!

Thanks for the update

PBECVictimBOS said:

Details:

Instructions:
9. Wait for adjucation

PBECVictimBOS
July 2003/P-05172

Great to see MA case moving. Wish you best of luck and thanks to care for us also. We are looking forward to see our ad on AJB. Hope everyone will get out of this mess ASAP.

I have a colleague with PD-FEB-03 and he has not recd any RI. Mine is June-04 so I am not even complaining.

nohope_for_lc said:
Great to see MA case moving. Wish you best of luck and thanks to care for us also. We are looking forward to see our ad on AJB. Hope everyone will get out of this mess ASAP.

ma_nonrir_eb3 said:
Thanks for the updates, PBECVictimBOS. I am continuing to look out on AJB, although I strongly believe the handling is not necessarily in order of the PD. It's either random, or in order of the ETA number. Somehow my file ended up being entered very late (I have a ETA number starting with 05271). I never received any 45-day letter either. My case was closed, and was reopened when someone from John Kerry's office intervened on my behalf. So, I am watching my case closely.

Anyway, keep us posted on the developments in this forum, and good luck!

Hi ma_nonrir_eb3,

Did the job against your application get posted yet? Please keep us all in loop.
Thanks.

- BharatPremi