Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

I got the "Congratulation & Recommended for approval" letter around 100 days ago in San Jose and no oath letter yet.

Hi

If you didn't get your oath letter or a decision after 120 days, you should send a certified letter to the uscis (return receipt prefered) inquiring about the case. If the uscis did not make a decision, it is witten your right to persue a court a petition.

These are some of the links that you might need to research..

check this site:
file lawsuit against uscis:
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=194681
http://www.fitzgeraldlawcompany.com/law_suite.html
http://www.immigrationlinks.com/news...20Mandamus.pdf

good luck bro, we are in the same situation with this lazy administrators bureaucrats.

petter

90 days has passed

Today's DEC-2 that means my case has passed 90 days since the day i got interviewed. I called 800- and was able to speak with IO she told me that my case has not been approved yet and I will be sworn in some where next year :D. the whole process is getting uglier every single day. I'll wait 30 more days and then take actions agian USCIS i'm so tired of waiting :confused:

Today's DEC-2 that means my case has passed 90 days since the day i got interviewed. I called 800- and was able to speak with IO she told me that my case has not been approved yet and I will be sworn in some where next year :D. the whole process is getting uglier every single day. I'll wait 30 more days and then take actions agian USCIS i'm so tired of waiting :confused:

williamvo1,

I'm kind of in the same situation. My interview was done Oct 2 with "Decision can not be made", and since then have re-sent some additional documents. 60 days have passed today and haven't heard anything since.

aero_ir

Aero & William

Have u tried sending a letter to the officer who interviewed you.. may be all s/he needs is a reminder. U know they are like little children. They get confused easily, and forget frequently. :D

williamvo1,

I'm kind of in the same situation. My interview was done Oct 2 with "Decision can not be made", and since then have re-sent some additional documents. 60 days have passed today and haven't heard anything since.

aero_ir

Aero & William

Have u tried sending a letter to the officer who interviewed you.. may be all s/he needs is a reminder. U know they are like little children. They get confused easily, and forget frequently. :D

Shouldn't the 2nd INFO PASS wake him up?? I am sure he is watching I coming in for INFO PASS on his system or something...

I doubt that Aero... they are not that organized... Has this been the case, people would not have got their cases closed, just because they changed their address and CIS could not update their address in its system...

CIS require us to chase them down, or accept their failed system and live with it.. any fault on their part is made to look like our fault.

Shouldn't the 2nd INFO PASS wake him up?? I am sure he is watching I coming in for INFO PASS on his system or something...

I am one of those who got stuck in the name check process for quite a while. My PD was in May 2007, and after over 17 months of waiting (and several inquiries), I finally got my second FP notice in October. After that, I quickly got my IL and was interviewed on December 2. The interview lasted 10 minutes, and the IO did not ask for any documents other than my GC and current passport. He was professional and courteous. I answered all the questions correctly. My record is clean, so I did not need to produce any court documents. At the end of the interview, he checked the option on form N-652 indicating that I passed the English and U.S. history and government tests as well as the option that a decision cannot yet be made. He made a point of explaining to me that he chose the "decision cannot be made" option only because I had to go through a judicial oath ceremony. He said that I should expect to get an oath letter in less than a month.

Now, I wonder why he didn't check the option marked "Congratulations! You application has been recommended for approval," if he kept reassuring me that the pending decision on my application had to do with the judicial oath ceremony. Does anyone have any insights? Am I being worried for no reason? Are the "decision cannot be made" option and the "recommended for approval" option basically the same, with no signficant or material differences?

I am one of those who got stuck in the name check process for quite a while. My PD was in May 2007, and after over 17 months of waiting (and several inquiries), I finally got my second FP notice in October. After that, I quickly got my IL and was interviewed on December 2. The interview lasted 10 minutes, and the IO did not ask for any documents other than my GC and current passport. He was professional and courteous. I answered all the questions correctly. My record is clean, so I did not need to produce any court documents. At the end of the interview, he checked the option on form N-652 indicating that I passed the English and U.S. history and government tests as well as the option that a decision cannot yet be made. He made a point of explaining to me that he chose the "decision cannot be made" option only because I had to go through a judicial oath ceremony. He said that I should expect to get an oath letter in less than a month.

Now, I wonder why he didn't check the option marked "Congratulations! You application has been recommended for approval," if he kept reassuring me that the pending decision on my application had to do with the judicial oath ceremony. Does anyone have any insights? Am I being worried for no reason? Are the "decision cannot be made" option and the "recommended for approval" option basically the same, with no signficant or material differences?

Sounds like you had a junior IO who had no authority to approve applications. Unless you are interviewed by a senior IO, your application would have to undergo an additional review. Only then would it be granted. Oaths, judicial or administrative, have nothing to do with not being able to make a decision. Your IO was clueless, that's all.

Thanks, Vorpal.

Are you saying that my application is subject to review by a senior officer? Is this cause for concern?

Thanks, Vorpal.

Are you saying that my application is subject to review by a senior officer? Is this cause for concern?

A review by a senior officer is standard procedure. In fact, most applications require a secondary review before they are approved and an oath is scheduled. If you have no glitches in your case (i.e., arrests, convictions, et al), you have nothing to worry about.

I doubt that Aero... they are not that organized... Has this been the case, people would not have got their cases closed, just because they changed their address and CIS could not update their address in its system...

CIS require us to chase them down, or accept their failed system and live with it.. any fault on their part is made to look like our fault.

I agree with you AA. I am preparing a letter but generally, what should I state the letter? If ask him the status, he may ignore it, is there a way to get him to repond back?

Aero....

I do not think asking for a response will be useful.. Just tell him that u have been waiting for a while, and will appreciate his help to speed up the oath letter.

RE: Sample Letter to USCIS

A very formal and respectful letter will do such as:

USCIS
Address
City, Zip Code

Dear Officer XXX,

I have noticed that some time has passed after my initial interview took place and no response in writing has been received.

Any information in this regard should be greatly appreciated.
Best regards,

Name
Address
City, Zip Code
A# XXX-XXX-XXX

A very formal and respectful letter will do such as:

USCIS
Address
City, Zip Code

Dear Officer XXX,

I have noticed that some time has passed after my initial interview took place and no response in writing has been received.

Best regards,

Name
Address
City, Zip Code
A# XXX-XXX-XXX

Thank You Rick92, I've prepared a letter based on your template. Slightly, modified it though. Here is what I used.

USCIS
Address
City, Zip Code

File No: A XXX-XXX-XXX
Application Receipt Number: -----------------
Dated: MM-DD-YYYY

Dear Officer xxx,

Best regards,

Name
Address
City, Zip Code

A# XXX-XXX-XXX

Cell# XXX-XXX-XXXX

Aero....

I do not think asking for a response will be useful.. Just tell him that u have been waiting for a while, and will appreciate his help to speed up the oath letter.

Finally, I have written a letter using Rick92's template above. Let's send it and wait for a reply..

How about you? how many days since your interview? Hopefully, you will get your OL soon

Aero_ir

Letter to the IO

Here is what i wrote and i'll wait for the IO that interviewed me at Washington DC field office to hand him this letter in person tomorrow morning

> Dear SIR,

>
> My name is Nhan Trong Vo. Today I’m writing this letter
> asking for your help because I don’t know what else to do.
> On Sep, 2 2008 I was interviewed by you at Washington DC
> Field Office. At the end of the interview you told me that
> you could not approve my case on the system because I
> incorrectly put my birth day on my marriage date and that
> needed to be corrected by a supervisor. You asked me if I
> could be patient to wait for you at the lobby so you could
> get it fixed so you could put me on the 2:45 pm for the oath
> ceremony. Following your request I waited for 2 hours and
> then I was asked to come back to your office and you
> explained to me that your supervisor could not correct it
> either. You told me that my N-400 was complete all it needed
> was to fix my marriage date on the C-4 and asked me to go
> home and wait for the oath letter within a couple weeks.
> Dear Sir, I filed N-400 on FEB, 14 2007 and been waiting
> for over 22 months. Since my initial interview took place
> 0ver 90 days have passed no response in writing has been
> received. I’ve been married for almost 4 years and my wife
> is still in Vietnam waiting for me to sponsor her to come here
> to live with me. I also filed I-130 for over 2 years but it
> can’t get approved because I’m not an US citizen.
> I’m writing this letter with all my heart asking you to
> take a few minutes of you busy time to look at my case. Your
> help will be greatly appreciated and it means the whole
> world to my family and I. Every day goes by it seems too
> long for me because I’m missing my wife so much. I can’t
> go back my country to visit her now because I don’t want
> to miss my oath letter. Please give me a call or email me
> for any information about my case and forgive me for any
> inconvenience this may have caused.
> I’d like to wish you and your family a marry chrismast
> and happy New Year. Thank you very much for your help
>
> Your sincere,
>
> NHAN TRONG VO
>
> Receipt # ESC*xxxxxxxxxxx
> A# xxxxxxxxxx
> Phone # : (703) – 459 – 8641 – Email :
> XXXXXX@yahoo.com
> Address : xxxxxxxx
> Springfield, VA 22105.
> Enclosed with this letter are form N-652 that you gave me
> and I-130 that I filed for my wife on Apr, 2006.

Last edited by a moderator:
williamvo,

I'm not sure that you want your entire address and name/phone/email available on a message board like this. I would edit your post and put random info there.

Hi everybody
I received my n-445 (oate letter/od) and these are my processing dates:

App: Feb 14, 2008
ID: Sep. 26, 2008==> passed, my name was placed in the queue
OD: Dec 17, 2008 (8am, DC/convention center)
== Whole process less than 10 months (307 days)
== avg. N400= 14.5 months

note: I will file for my pp/pc on dec 17 as well.
Good luck
pet