Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

congrat Upstate_NY

Hi Upstate_NY :)
You OD is assigned to VA center court, so your VA resident then.

I was not able to request an inquiry (800 #) before 90 days; It is standard procedure, and I was told that The USCIS are required to respond Witten 90 day to provide status letter to the applicant. However, on Nov. 25 I will go to inquire about my app in person.
Thanks again
pet:confused:

Vertigo, I am scheduled for oath tomorrow.

Petter, the oath is in a local court in Central VA. I would suggest that you do an infopass. I waited for 90 days before finding out that my (first) oath date had passed. You can also call the USCIS cust service and do an inquiry. It is thru the inquiry that I realized that I was called for an oath, the first time around.

To my amazement, someone from USCIS called me this morning to remind me that my oath is tomorrow and to check whether I would attend. I guess they want to make sure that I got the Oath Letter this time around :)

I will update my experience later this week.

your case is in the queue, waiting for turn

PETTER and UPSTATE_NY
I got my interview at DC field office on SEP_2_20008 and 2 months and 17 days has passed and i'm still waiting for my oath letter. Today i call 800- and was able to talk to an IO. She was very nice asked me a lot of questions and told me that my interview was SEP_4 not SEP_2 :eek: and asked me to wait for another 2 weeks. She told me that within 2 weeks if i don't hear anything from them I should call back and ask for IO Katherine Rice.
What do you guys think about my case ?
Here is what happened at my interview :
everything went well until the IO tried to approve mycase on the system. He said that he couldn't approve my case be cause the system said that my marrisge date that can't be the same as my birthday. at that Monemt the IO asked me to show him my marriage certificate and the he checked back on my N-400 and found out that I had put my birthday on my marriage date.
Anyways I walked out the door with a n-652 saying that THE DECISION CAN NOT BE MADE..... and almost 3 months i'm still waiting.
UPSTATE_NY did you call 800- or made an inforpas so you could get a call for your oath ? let us know man we're all in the same boat. Thank you PETTER for sharing with me.

Hi

Based on the large volume of the waiting list, your case and mine seem still witten the deadline (120 days), and there is nothing to worry about.
The only course of action is to wait 12 days (complete 90 days), and file an inquiry witten USCIS customer service (800) and schedule another infopass in the same time.

If your app processing time (from the day you filled) exceed 15 weeks, you will be asked to take FP again.

Pet

I am also waiting for the oath letter from USCIS/local DO (St. Paul/Minneaplis). My interview was conducted on Sept. 4th, 2008 and I was given a piece of paper indicating that I have passed english and civic test.

Upon my last inquiry, I was told that my case is in so called "Re-Verifciation" and it may take a month or so more. Any body with same response from USCIS about his/her case?

Haraputta,

Did the "piece of paper" that you got, not say "Congratulations! You have been recommended for approval"?

AP

Inquiry

PETTER,

I went for an inforpass today at DC field office and was told that my case still at "RE-VERIFICATION" mode :eek: . The IO was very helpfull he gave me an inquiry form and told me to fill it. He told me that my n-400 has not passed the 120 days but he will go ahead send my inquiry form upstair. Then I asked him how long will it take to get a decision letter from USCIS he said that I should get a letter within 2 weeks. he asked me to be a little more patient.
I think you should follow my footstep make an inforpass and ask for an inquiry. I really don't know if that gonna work but at least that is something to remind them.
I'll keep you posted

Inquiry feedback

PETTER,

I went for an inforpass today at DC field office and was told that my case still at "RE-VERIFICATION" mode :eek: . The IO was very helpfull he gave me an inquiry form and told me to fill it. He told me that my n-400 has not passed the 120 days but he will go ahead send my inquiry form upstair. Then I asked him how long will it take to get a decision letter from USCIS he said that I should get a letter within 2 weeks. he asked me to be a little more patient.
I think you should follow my footstep make an inforpass and ask for an inquiry. I really don't know if that gonna work but at least that is something to remind them.
I'll keep you posted

Hi
Thanks, I have already set an infopass for Nov. 25, 2008. I have strong feeling that you will get your N445(oath letter) before your 90 days time frame, so far you have 78 days passed since your interview (uscis had your interview dated on the 4th not on the 2nd), that why the CIS officer told you to wait 2 more additional weeks.
Good luck
Pet

Last edited by a moderator:
YES!! It is all done :)

I went to the Court and took the oath. I hope this thread, that I have started, gives some insight into the strange world (at times) of USCIS processing and how to avoid the pitfalls I went thru.

I will start another thread on the oath.

Former Upstate_NY but now Central_VA :)
(I didn't want to get a new login id)

oath letter: multiple sessions (sample) for the interview

Any body in the blog waiting for an oath letter from St Paul DO?

Hi
search for the inquiry in this site. I am sure there multiple session that deal with st. Paul.

If you want to get familiar with interview process and question that you WILL be asked, check THESE ATTACHMENTS BELOW and videos links.

good luck
pet

1. video links:OI & OC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-o2wnNddTk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Axg0cApgmIA&feature=related
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1949109/citizenship_interview_and_ceremony/

2. What to do after oath ceremony:

http://www.newcitizen.us/after.html

3. Guidelines for Expeditious Naturalization:
http://www.state.gov/m/dghr/flo/c21634.htm

4. Form N-445, Notice of Naturalization Oath Ceremony:
http://www.ilw.com/forms/N445.pdf

5. Apply for us passport/card:
https://pptform.state.gov/FraudAbuse...M+DS-11+ONLINE

Last edited by a moderator:
congratulation

YES!! It is all done :)

I went to the Court and took the oath. I hope this thread, that I have started, gives some insight into the strange world (at times) of USCIS processing and how to avoid the pitfalls I went thru.

I will start another thread on the oath.

Former Upstate_NY but now Central_VA :)
(I didn't want to get a new login id)

Hi
congratulation, now it is time for PP (passport) and PC (passport card).
pet

case status online..issue

My case is pending after the interview. My itnerview was on Oct 2, 2008. I didn't get the approved decision. Three weeks later IO wrote me asking for mroe documentation, then week later (November 5) he called me on cell asking more questions, and then he said the decision will be made in coming weeks.

Now more than 2 week later, I'm still waiting for decision or an Oat letter. But all of a sudden when I try to check my status, I get the following messegae:
---
Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:

Your case information is incomplete within Case Status Online. For further assistance, you can either call the National Customer Service Center at 1.800.375.5283, or you can send an e-mail to uscis.webmaster@dhs.gov.
---

Anyone getting this messege, or anyone has ideas what might be happening with the case?

I received my oath letter today. Just wanted to share with all you folks. Mine is St. Paul DO.

Tabaliya - The letter I received from the officer at the end of my interview did not have a check next to where it said "Congratulations - you have been recommended for approval". Officer simply check the line that said "You will be notified with our decision" or something to that effect.

Thanks.

I have question about Oath letter from the St Paul D.O . how long do one have to wait for the Oath letter? and what is reverification process? any body can reply

I have question about Oath letter from the St Paul D.O . how long do one have to wait for the Oath letter? and what is reverification process? any body can reply

Looks like anyone who got a letter at the end of the interview saying "you will be notified of our decision by mail" was put into a reverification process.

It appears St Paul DO is taking 2-3 months to send Oath letters.

AP

I got the "Congratulation & Recommended for approval" letter around 100 days ago in San Jose and no oath letter yet.

tabiliya the IO checked the box saying congratulation you have been approved. and wait for oath letter in the mail. it looks like St Paul DO is backed up with lots of people waiting for oath letter