Passed Interview, no oath letter yet ......

Long delays in issuance of Oath Letters or Supervisor Approvals is becoming a common phenomenon. There should be a way out or we need to come up with a strategy. On 12/27 it will be 120 days since my first interview. I don't plan on filing a law suite because that's a long route and threatening an IO doesn't make any difference. The IO's over the phone don't seemto know or care about 90 or 120 day deadlines. Here's what I plan to do. Please advise if this will help.
1. Make a Service Inquiry through Customer Support over the phone. I did this earlier and received a letter from local DO in a week about the update of my case.
2. Write to the IO who conducted the interview and CC it to the Director of local office.
3. Make an Infopass appointment.

None of the above will help. However, all 3 will make good exhibits, should you decide to file a lawsuit under 1447(b).

It's just about making them pull the file from the pile, clear dust and take some action. I'd say we are almost 90% done, what will they gain wasting another 6 months for the remaining 10%?
How about No.4, writing to a local Congressman?
Can someone point to the law that states, a decision must be taken or the case must be closed within 120 days of interview?

It's just about making them pull the file from the pile, clear dust and take some action. I'd say we are almost 90% done, what will they gain wasting another 6 months for the remaining 10%?
How about No.4, writing to a local Congressman?
Can someone point to the law that states, a decision must be taken or the case must be closed within 120 days of interview?

Here you go:

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode08/usc_sec_08_00001447----000-.html

USC: Title 8, 1447(b) Request for hearing before district court
If there is a failure to make a determination under section 1446 of this title before the end of the 120-day period after the date on which the examination is conducted under such section, the applicant may apply to the United States district court for the district in which the applicant resides for a hearing on the matter. Such court has jurisdiction over the matter and may either determine the matter or remand the matter, with appropriate instructions, to the Service to determine the matter.

By the way, while my case was pending, I wrote to everyone under the sun (congressman, Senators, Dick Cheney, First Lady, etc.). Only the First Lady's office got me a noteworthy response, a letter from the FBI NNCP stating exactly when my name check was submitted and cleared (on the same day, ironically enough).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... this is unbelievable that the New York USCIS DO has so many people in backlog.... just this month 02 fridays (dec 26th & Jan 2) will be court holidays....

Washington DC: N400 Processing end/finish

------------------------------------------------
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Washington Field Office -- District # 7
2675 Prosperity Ave
Fairfax, VA 22031-4906
Fax: 703-285-6065
-------------------------------------------------

Application recieved: Feb 14, 2008
ID: Sep. 26, 2008-passed, my name was placed in the queue
OD: Dec 17, 2008 (8am, DC/convention center),
* US Citizen/Certificate*
* Whole process less than 10 months (307 days)
* Avg. N400= 14.5 months
App PP/PC/New SSN(update status): Dec 18, 2008
R- PP: Dec 18, 2008 (same day: 2pm), cost $75PP+$20PC+ $25 fee+ $60
Exp= $180.
R-PC & New SSN: Dec 27, 2008.

Good luck to you all.

Petter

Citizenship interview was done on 09/18/2008

officer gave me a letter with congratulations. He told me that letter will be recieved in mail with details where and when oath will be.

so far i haven't recieved any letter about the oath ceremony. i haven't called USCIS customer service yet. but i took appointment to 1/2/2009 for info pass. My interview was at Philadelphia.

Any suggestions please.

suggestions?
get the media involved.. looks like these people played tricks on people before elections just to get the numbers down on the security checks but we are bottlenecked in the oath letter area..
Get congressman/women involved.
Remember which wheel gets the grease..

Let me know when you get a response. Good luck.

Rick 92,
When I last posted here, I got the letter next day (Dec 6) asking for more documentation. And this was after I already had re-submitted additional documentation then was told that I would be getting response soon. Instead of OL, I got second request for additional documents. I guess IO doesn't have his act togather. In this document request, he asked me provide some police reports for some alleged arrests, which I was never arrested. I think he confused me with somebody else. So I had to go to the Police station got finger printed and and got the clearacne certificate. So mailed these documents to USCIS today, hopefully, will hear from them in next few weeks...

aero_ir

Rick 92,
When I last posted here, I got the letter next day (Dec 6) asking for more documentation. And this was after I already had re-submitted additional documentation then was told that I would be getting response soon. Instead of OL, I got second request for additional documents. I guess IO doesn't have his act togather. In this document request, he asked me provide some police reports for some alleged arrests, which I was never arrested. I think he confused me with somebody else. So I had to go to the Police station got finger printed and and got the clearacne certificate. So mailed these documents to USCIS today, hopefully, will hear from them in next few weeks...

aero_ir

Happy New Year, aero_ir.
By the way, did you get a response already?
And, can you post your signature timeline?

Happy New Year, aero_ir.
By the way, did you get a response already?
And, can you post your signature timeline?

Rick92,

A very Happy new year to you too & all the other forum members!!!

Here is my signature time line...

05/31/2008 -- N-400 Sent
06/06/2008 -- N-400 Received
06/13/2008 -- NOA Received
06/20/2008 -- FP Letter Received
07/03/2008 -- FP Completed
09/04/2008 -- IL Received
10/03/2008 -- Interview Completed, Decision can not be made.
10/23/2008 -- Request for Additional Documents Received.
10/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.
11/06/2008 -- Further Interviewed over the Phone by the same IO.
11/17/2008 -- Info Pass - still Waiting on decision.
12/06/2008 -- Request for further Additional Documents Received.
12/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.

??/??/???? -- Oath Letter/Date

No, I'm still waiting for decision after two requests for additional documents.

Aero_ir

Rick92,

A very Happy new year to you too & all the other forum members!!!

Here is my signature time line...

05/31/2008 -- N-400 Sent
06/06/2008 -- N-400 Received
06/13/2008 -- NOA Received
06/20/2008 -- FP Letter Received
07/03/2008 -- FP Completed
09/04/2008 -- IL Received
10/03/2008 -- Interview Completed, Decision can not be made.
10/23/2008 -- Request for Additional Documents Received.
10/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.
11/06/2008 -- Further Interviewed over the Phone by the same IO.
11/17/2008 -- Info Pass - still Waiting on decision.
12/06/2008 -- Request for further Additional Documents Received.
12/30/2008 -- Additional Documents Sent.

??/??/???? -- Oath Letter/Date

No, I'm still waiting for decision after two requests for additional documents.

Aero_ir

I have the feeling, you are going to do just fine. And I mean that as long as they keep on asking for documents, it is a good sign. It means your file is alive and kicking, and not in some IO's desk drawer.

I have the feeling, you are going to do just fine. And I mean that as long as they keep on asking for documents, it is a good sign. It means your file is alive and kicking, and not in some IO's desk drawer.

Rick92, You'r right. But I do think the IO is not doing his due diligence. After the first additional document request and subsequent submission, he called on my cell, asked few more questions and told me in the end that I would hear something pretty soon. I was hoping for an OL, and what I received was a second additional document request... so that was bit of a surprise and disappointment. Now I am hoping yet again for OL in next couple of weeks.... so let's wait and see...

How about you... did your file showed any signs of movement?

aero_ir

After calling USCIS a million times and even after an infopass appointment earlier this week, noone told me that the background check is still pending. That's what an IO told me today over the phone. My question is how long does it usually take?
I wonder why every IO has a different story to tell. I have been told that the case was approved by IO but pending final approval, Interview passed but under review and now background check is pending.

After calling USCIS a million times and even after an infopass appointment earlier this week, noone told me that the background check is still pending. That's what an IO told me today over the phone. My question is how long does it usually take?
I wonder why every IO has a different story to tell. I have been told that the case was approved by IO but pending final approval, Interview passed but under review and now background check is pending.

B0nd, I'm in the same situation, 95 days and after submitting two additional documents requests...still waiting on decision....

Those who are still waiting for a decision on their naturalization application or for an oath letter could mention the timeframe of their entire case along with their district office name in their signature line or somewhere so that it could greatly help others who are in the same boat. Otherwise, it wouldn't say much nor it will help much to others.